00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DeviLucis just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

405,365 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-23 07:18:18

At 8/23/06 05:59 AM, TheLight6 wrote:
At 8/23/06 05:31 AM, MagicalMunkeh wrote: purely because im a dalek freak lol, i just always think of nazi trashcans :P anybody else do that? or is it just me?
I think the daleks when they were first made were an allusion to the Nazi so I would have to say that your not alone. lol

Yeah, they were based on Nazis.

It shows you the original concept and how it's changed over the years on one of the special features on the Genesis Of The Daleks DVD.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-23 14:44:06

At 8/23/06 07:18 AM, BestManEver wrote:
I think the daleks when they were first made were an allusion to the Nazi so I would have to say that your not alone. lol

wow. i didnt know the nazis had x-ray guns of death

It shows you the original concept and how it's changed over the years on one of the special features on the Genesis Of The Daleks DVD.

thats pretty cool

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-23 14:47:25

At 8/23/06 02:44 PM, -TheThing- wrote:
At 8/23/06 07:18 AM, BestManEver wrote:
wow. i didnt know the nazis had x-ray guns of death

don't be ridiculous.

They were Racial purests and were built like a miny tank. And the Caldet people had uniforms and policies similar to the Nazi party. I mean Davros assitant looked like he ran a concentration camp.

And lets not forget There battle cry Exterminate. Ie. Holocaust

thats pretty cool

indeed it is.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-23 16:24:30

I'm planning on buying a few more DVDs tomorrow. I'm getting "The Beginning" box set and "Remembrance of the Daleks". I'll probably have enough money for another 1 or 2 aswell.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-23 17:53:16

Wow lol I never knew so many people were as Dalek mad as I am...This really is an enlightening experince lol

[cries] It's just so beautiful....

LOL

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-23 18:20:37

At 8/23/06 05:53 PM, MagicalMunkeh wrote: Wow lol I never knew so many people were as Dalek mad as I am...This really is an enlightening experince lol

[cries] It's just so beautiful....

Its a little known fact that the Shows production hated the Dalek concept and only showed them when they had no other monsters left in season 2 of the first Dr.

obviously they were a hit and became the Drs nemiesis.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-23 20:19:41

Its a little known fact that the Shows production hated the Dalek concept and only showed them when they had no other monsters left in season 2 of the first Dr.

Really!? Thats interesting to know. I wonder if they still secretly hate the Daleks! But they kept them because the ratings are huge with them!

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-24 01:14:13

At 8/23/06 06:20 PM, RedGlare wrote: Its a little known fact that the Shows production hated the Dalek concept and only showed them when they had no other monsters left in season 2 of the first Dr.

Wha? but the Daleks were the 1st monsters the Doctor ever fought... The first serial was a historical one. The second was the Dalek one. Check here: http://www.gallifrey...com/epguide-dw1.php

Also the Daleks were in every season up until season 4.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-24 01:16:43

Sry about the double post didn't notice this.

At 8/23/06 08:22 PM, Dejanus wrote: Hey, sorry if you already did this, but who is your favorite companion out of all the series? I would go with Rose being an American fan and all, any idea when they are going to send her off?

Well first Rose is british so how does being American fan have anything to do with that? And she leaves the show at the end of the second season.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-24 07:49:16

Hello everyone! Anyone have any idea when the third season will begin in the UK? I'm assuming christmas, but will it be slightly earlier? And does anyone know when SCIFI will be airing Season 2? I've failed to find all of season 2 to download, and theres a 4 episode gap missing:P from 6-10.

The Doctor: I've been alone ever since, but not anymore. Don't you see, all we've got is each other.

The Master: Are you asking me out on a date?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-24 08:24:55

At 8/24/06 07:49 AM, Sp00kyy wrote: Hello everyone! Anyone have any idea when the third season will begin in the UK? I'm assuming christmas, but will it be slightly earlier? And does anyone know when SCIFI will be airing Season 2? I've failed to find all of season 2 to download, and theres a 4 episode gap missing:P from 6-10.

The Christmas special will show at christmas and season 3 should begin shortly after. Also, if you look hard enough you can find the downloads. It's illegal mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-24 13:51:19

At 8/24/06 01:16 AM, TheLight6 wrote:
Well first Rose is british so how does being American fan have anything to do with that? And she leaves the show at the end of the second season.

most of us US fans dont know too much about the Doctors 1-8 because its not that popular here, so its hard to find anything related to Doctor Who

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-24 14:15:43

At 8/24/06 01:16 AM, TheLight6 wrote: Sry about the double post didn't notice this.

All i know is the only reason they were aired was becuase they had no other monsters the producers thought they looked rediculous with there eggwhisks and plungers. They went ahead because of scheduling.

The guy admitted on the making off years ago before the new Doctor Who shows. Its memory excuse me if its not exact.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-24 14:25:55

At 8/24/06 02:15 PM, RedGlare wrote: they looked rediculous with there eggwhisks and plungers.

Fun fact about the plungers. In "The Dalek Invasion of Earth" when the Daleks patrol the streets of London the plungers move in a way that is supposed to imitate the Nazi salute.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-24 18:20:10

At 8/23/06 08:22 PM, Dejanus wrote: Hey, sorry if you already did this, but who is your favorite companion out of all the series? I would go with Rose being an American fan and all, any idea when they are going to send her off?

What do you mean? Because Billie Piper is English. I already know what happens at the end of the series I've watched it!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-24 20:13:11

At 8/24/06 06:20 PM, -DeceptionKiller- wrote:
What do you mean? Because Billie Piper is English. I already know what happens at the end of the series I've watched it!

look above a couple of posts. that explain this madness

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-25 01:42:37

At 8/24/06 10:12 PM, Dejanus wrote: Its okay, Thing. I should have explained the first incarnations lack of popularity in the US. The new series, however, has garnered quite a following after being shown on the Scifi channel.

http://en.wikipedia...octor_Who_in_America
the horrible mistakes!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-25 09:37:47

I just heard something about the TARDIS apearing in an episode of Red Dwarf. Anyone know if this is true? I've got every episode on DVD and can't remember seeing it anywhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-25 13:44:41

At 8/25/06 09:37 AM, BestManEver wrote: I just heard something about the TARDIS apearing in an episode of Red Dwarf. Anyone know if this is true? I've got every episode on DVD and can't remember seeing it anywhere.

Nope ive never seen it. Where did you hear this from? It sounds like a rumor.

Also im surprised i was told Americans enjoyed Dr Who.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-25 14:33:22

At 8/25/06 01:44 PM, RedGlare wrote:
At 8/25/06 09:37 AM, BestManEver wrote: I just heard something about the TARDIS apearing in an episode of Red Dwarf. Anyone know if this is true? I've got every episode on DVD and can't remember seeing it anywhere.
Nope ive never seen it. Where did you hear this from? It sounds like a rumor.

I found something about it on wikipedia.

"The TARDIS made a background appearance in "Marooned", an episode of the science fiction comedy series Red Dwarf (in a corner of the Starbug launching bay). An episode of the situation comedy Chelmsford 123 includes a brief scene in which the TARDIS materialises in Roman Britain in the year 123 and the silhouetted figure of the Doctor rushes out to urinate in the woods — implying that the TARDIS does not have a toilet. A TARDIS console was also on the bridge of the Terra Venture in the Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy television series. The TARDIS has also appeared in many Doctor Who spoofs and parodies over the years"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-25 18:53:15

I think we should see the rankings again.

Also I don't want to turn this into a art thread so I'll restrict this to 2 pages. Then if people keep posting pictures someone will delete there posts.

Heres what I think we should do. I think we should draw what a combination of the Daleks and the Cybermen would look like! Only people with decent art skills may draw one.
Remember this is restricted to 2 pages long otherwise posts will be deleted by somebody.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-26 17:41:59

youre right deception, we should. here they are:

Time Lord: Thething69
Companion: Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Companion: Womat333
Dalek: Deceptionkiller
Dalek: RedGlare
Cyberman: TheLight6
Cyberman: BestManEver
K9: Dejanus
K9: SoapOnAString
K9: Sp00kyy
Civilian: FeargusMcDuff
Civilian: lilbastard10
Civilian: empty

and about the whole doctor who in america. yes it did come out 40 years ago here, but was never too popular. my dad used to watch it as a kid

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-26 17:58:34

First season was many times better than the second. I wouldn't even touch David Tennants cock. But Christopher Eccleson was so motha' fuckin' awsome.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-26 18:15:49

At 8/26/06 05:44 PM, Dejanus wrote: SWEET! Im not a civilian! I am genuinely surprised, thank you Thing. You wouldn't happen to know when the SciFi Channel will air the second season, do you?

well, Galtica, which comes back in october, is up on the site, so we got atleast 2 months before the new season

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-26 18:29:09

At 8/26/06 06:21 PM, Dejanus wrote: Do you mean Galactica? I guess that is a reasonable time, but why do I get the feeling that they will wait until Stargate SG-1's season finale?

yes i did mean Galactica, i just cant spell for shit. and the season finale will be months off. i mean, the season started about a month ago (4 episodes). so my guess is that we'll get the Doctor back in early december

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-26 23:05:08

At 8/22/06 09:34 AM, TheLight6 wrote: ok first to clear up what episodes from the 2nd season I have and haven't seen.
Children In Need Special- youtube
The Christmas Invasion- tv
New Earth- tv
Tooth and Claw- tv
School Reunion- tv and youtube
The Girl in the Fireplace- tv
Rise of the Cybermen- tv and youtube
The Age of Steel- tv and youtube
The Idiot's Lantern- haven't seen it (but will in 4 days)
The Impossible Planet- haven't seen it (but will in 11 days)
The Satan Pit- haven't seen it (but will in 18 days)
Love & Monsters- haven't seen it (but will in 25 days)
Fear Her- haven't seen it (but will in 32 days)
Army of Ghosts- youtube
Doomsday- youtube

The Idiot's Lantern- tv
The Impossible Planet- haven't seen it (but will in 6 days)
The Satan Pit- haven't seen it (but will in 13 days)
Love & Monsters- haven't seen it (but will in 20 days)
Fear Her- haven't seen it (but will in 27 days)

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-27 07:23:41

Thought I may as well list episodes i've seen.

Classic Series:

Hartnell-
An Unearthly Child
The Daleks
The Edge of Destruction
The Dalek Invasion of Earth

Troughton-
Tomb Of The Cybermen

Pertwee-
The Claws of Axos

Tom Baker-
Genesis of the Daleks
Destiny Of The Daleks
Revenge of the Cybermen

Davison-
Earthshock

Colin Baker-
None, but I'll be watching Revelation of The Daleks tonight.

Sylvestor McCoy-
None, but I have Resurection of the Daleks on DVD.

Paul McGann-
None

New Series:

Eccelston-
All

Tennant-
School Reunion
The Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen / The Age of Steel
The Idiot's Lantern
The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit
Love & Monsters
Fear Her
Army of Ghosts / Doomsday

Favorite Doctors:
1. Troughton
2. Davison
3. Tom Baker

Least Favorite Doctor:
Pertwee

Favorite Episode:
Tomb Of The Cybermen

Least Favorite Episode:
Edge Of Destruction

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-27 09:20:57

Heres what I think we should do. I think we should draw what a combination of the Daleks and the Cybermen would look like! Only people with decent art skills may draw one.
Remember this is restricted to 2 pages long otherwise posts will be deleted by somebody.

Did I outrank RedGlare? Or have I always outranked him? And has anyone considered my idea?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-27 09:32:11

At 8/27/06 09:20 AM, -DeceptionKiller- wrote:

I'd imagine something like this.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-27 10:14:47

At 8/27/06 09:32 AM, BestManEver wrote:
At 8/27/06 09:20 AM, -DeceptionKiller- wrote:
I'd imagine something like this.

i like that, its pretty funny