00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Frogsands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

404,002 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-06 11:20:25

Yeah you can join. I'm not the leader, but he's on holiday so somebody has to let you in. By the way, there are a lot of british fans here so if you don't want to read spoilers for season 2 then becareful what you read.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-06 11:30:59

I like the 9th doctor better than Eccelston anyway.

I'd say hte 10th is better than both of them and that's saying something. So when is season 2 starting in America anyway?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-06 11:36:51

At 8/6/06 11:33 AM, Dejanus wrote: About a month. I read up on it while at the SciFi channels website. Its to long for me:(!

Yeah, I also figure it would be annoying after that long getting a christmas special in September. Or maybe they'll skip the christmas one and go straight into the series.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-06 12:35:20

At 8/6/06 08:49 AM, -DeceptionKiller- wrote:
At 8/5/06 05:49 PM, BestManEver wrote:
At 8/5/06 05:05 PM, -DeceptionKiller- wrote: Hmmmm... thats interesting to know..... I however did not watch many of the old Cybermen episodes. I s there anyway to here the voice of the old Cybermen without purchasing a DVD or video??
The cyberleader speaks briefly in that.

Also, on an unrelated note, Mr T vs The Cybermen.
Wow! He has so much more character! Do the normal Cybermen sound the same? They looked pretty cool too!

Yeah, the others sound like that too, but they all have slightly different voices. They're my favorite Cybermen version, the Tom Baker ones being second.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-07 05:00:09

Hey, I just wanted to tell everybody that i'm going on holiday for 3 weeks. I'm telling you so you know why I won't post for ages and therefore won't kick me out. I'll post as soon as I get back. Bye for now.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-07 06:51:07

At 8/7/06 05:00 AM, Wombat333 wrote: Hey, I just wanted to tell everybody that i'm going on holiday for 3 weeks. I'm telling you so you know why I won't post for ages and therefore won't kick me out. I'll post as soon as I get back. Bye for now.

I'm off for two weeks on wednesday too.

Did anyone see that prank call dead ringers did on Sylvestor McCoy? Where they posed as Tom Baker's Doctor and were asking for help. Link.

Also found this. Doctor Who and The Channel Tunnel

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-07 09:45:48

At 8/6/06 11:22 AM, Dejanus wrote: I like the 9th doctor better than Eccelston anyway.

WTF? Eccelston is the 9th Doctor.

At 8/7/06 06:51 AM, BestManEver wrote: Did anyone see that prank call dead ringers did on Sylvestor McCoy? Where they posed as Tom Baker's Doctor and were asking for help. Link.

Also found this. Doctor Who and The Channel Tunnel

Yeah I've seen that, I've also seen these: The Doctor Talks to Himself? , Eccelston Quits , Christmas with the Doctors

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-07 10:02:02

At 8/7/06 09:45 AM, TheLight6 wrote: Yeah I've seen that, I've also seen these: The Doctor Talks to Himself? , Eccelston Quits , Christmas with the Doctors

Haha, i'd been looking for the Tom Baker prank call. I'd seen the other two.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-09 03:38:45

Well our crew seems to have came to a bit of a stand-still. Well first before I ask my question which hopfully will get this crew moving again, I will post some stats on the first 6 seasons of Doctor Who (1st and 2nd Doctors) which will relate to my question.
Season 1 (1st Doctor)
9 of the 42 episodes over 2 of the 8 stories are missing. All 7 episodes of Marco Polo and episodes 4 and 5 of The Reign of Terror are missing.
Season 2 (1st Doctor)
2 of the 39 episodes over 1 of the 9 stories are missing. Episodes 2 and 4 of The Crusade are missing.
Season 3 (1st Doctor)
29 of the 45 episodes over 7 of the 10 stories are missing. All 4 episodes of Galaxy 4 , The 1 episode of Mission to the Unknown , all 4 episodes of The Myth Makers , episodes 1, 3, 4, 6-9, 11 and 12 of The Daleks' Master Plan , all 4 episodes of The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve , episodes 1-3 of The Celestial Toymaker and all 4 episodes of The Savages are missing.
Season 4 (1st and 2nd Doctor)
34 of the 43 episodes over all 9 of the stories are missing. All 4 episodes of The Smugglers , episode 4 of The Tenth Planet , all 6 episodes of The Power of the Daleks , all 4 episodes of The Highlanders , episodes 1, 2 and 4 of The Underwater Menace , episodes 1 and 3 of The Moonbase , all 4 episodes of The Macra Terror , episodes 2 and 4-6 of The Faceless Ones and episodes 1 and 3-7 of The Evil of the Daleks are missing.
Season 5 (2nd Doctor)
27 of the 40 episodes over 6 of the 7 stories are missing. Episodes 1 and 3-6 of The Abominable Snowmen , episodes 2 and 3 of The Ice Warriors , episodes 1, 2 and 4-6 of The Enemy of the World , episodes 2-6 of The Web of Fear , all 6 episodes of Fury From the Deep and episodes 1, 2, 4 and 5 of The Wheel in Space are missing.
Season 6 (2nd Doctor)
7 of the 44 episodes over 2 of the 7 stories are missing. Episodes 1 and 4 of The Invasion (now remade in cartoon form) and episodes 1 and 3-6 of The Space Pirates are missing.
Now that took a long time to write out so now the question so here it is. If you could bring back only 1 or 5 episodes from all the missing ones, both indivual doctors or each season what would you bring back?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-13 17:25:44

Yeah, the others sound like that too, but they all have slightly different voices. They're my favorite Cybermen version, the Tom Baker ones being second.

Awesome. They are my favorite version too.

Who is the leader now? I mean -TheThing- is on holiday. So who is the temporary leader?
I recently bought a Cyberman action figure off www.scificollector.co.uk. They have a good assortmant of items to buy off there you guys should check them out.

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-13 21:46:22

im glad you care that your leading went away for a week. but i had a good time. im reading all the posts past mine in all my clubs/crews, and posting this:

Hey im back. this was supposed to be the last big huge vacation, so ill tell you about it. and dont say "but -TheThing-, the bbs isnt a blog, this is the Newgrounds BBS!!". well i know. this is more a reveiw of most of the rides and attractions in Disney World and Sea World. and i will only rate the major attractions.

Friday/Saturday: 20 hour train ride to florida. it got delayed into a 23 hour ride. we only took teh train because my dad got free tickets becasue he works for Amtrac. we also checked in and looked at all the stuff in the condo.

Sunday: a layed back day. had to take a tour of the facilities to try to buy a timeshare there so we could get 100$ off our 4 3-day park hopper tickets. waste of an hour adn a half. the rest was spent checking out all the ammendities there. later that night we went to Sea World. we saw the shamo (fuck the spelling of it) show, a sea lion/sea otter show that made fun of all the other shows, and went on the only real rollar coaster, Kraken. the coaster was pretty good, i give it about 6/10

Monday: we got up early to get to Animal kingdom. It was pretty fun. we took the Safari, which was cool; 5/10 because of the cheesey story of poachers in the area but the animals come and go as they please, so you might end up with one jumping on top of the car. saw the bird show, and the new rollar coaster, Expedition Everest. i was sorely disappointed from what i heard on the comercials and ads, but you go backwards at some parts and its a 200' mountain with an animatric yeti near the end. 5/10. the bug's life show (under the huge tree in the center of the park) was really good. it was 3D, adn it had water adn air canons with it. also there are parts when the seat moved during the show. 7/10. Later that night, we went to Magic Kingdom. i wasnt allowed to go on Its a Small World, but what i did do was great. i did space mountain, which is still great after 20 or 30 years. 8/10. The pirates of the Carribian ride was good. the movie was based off of that, so just for that fact i give it a 7/10. the Carousel of Progress, which is one of my favorites, wasnt doing so well. there wasnt even a wait for me to go on. 6/10. the Hall of Presidents was pretty good 5/10 because it had to do with history. Mickey's PhilharMagic was a 3D show that also had air and water cannons. 7/10. The haunted Mansion would have been scary if i was 8 or 9, maybe even younger 4/10.

Tuesday: on to epcot. i heard it was boring, but it was pretty good. Mission Space is a flight simulator, but it flips you around and aplies pressure to you, as if youre going fast. 8/10. Spaceship Earth (the giant golf ball) is a show/ride that goes throughout the ages to show how we communicate. 5/10. Ellen Engery Adventure is another show with Ellen DeGenerous about, well Energy. its 45 minutes long, and not really worth teh wait. but it does have Bill Ni, the science guy. 4/10. the Test Track was pretty cool. it shows you how they test vechiles (not the crashing part, its mainly a ride). you go up to 70 mph at one point. i say go for it. 7/10. the new ride Soarin' is really really good. it feels like your flying through the places in Califonia it takes you. 10/10. Journey into Imagination was pretty cool. do it if you have the chance. 8/10. we did the countries. there wasnt much there, just some stores and a few poor rides. 2/10

Wednesday: time for MGM studios. that new Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show was all i ever heard about. its a car chase sequence for a movie and how they make it. there was explosions, guns cars going really raelly fast and making jumps and one guy catches on fire! 10/10. the Tower of Terror was pretty bad. i thought it was going to be a 13 story drop, but all it was a 3 or 4 story drop and then you go back up to do it again. there is this whole story behind it, but who cares. 5/10. the Rocking Rollar Coaster is great. the story is that Aerosmith is late for a concert, and they want to bring you along. so to get there, you take a fast car (it shoots off at 70 mphbecause there arent any drops) to get there. really a great ride. 8/10. the backlot tour was pretty cool too. 6/10. everythig is pretty weak.

Thursday: on to what we really came for; Discovery Cove. it is the greatest experience you as a teenager can do. they have 2 session: a night one and a day one. i got the night one. what you do is swim with tropical fish and stingrays (they have ones that are atleast 10 feet across!) and eat (all the food, wetsuites, towels, drinks, and just about everything but the pictures they take and gifts are free!). then comes the whole reason of being there; you swim with dolphins!! well, atleast the day session does. the night gets to pet them, and they do tricks for you and you kiss them. then you get dinner, which is a feast fit for the king of Dubia. the only problem is that its 260$ a person plus tax and travel. but its worth it. 1,000/10

Friday: nothing much to do. just layed around and slept most of the day.

Saturday/Sunday: checked out, got on the train for 20 hours plus a 3 hour delay, and got home.

i know most of you didnt read the whole post, so heres a summary: Disney World gets a 8/10 adn Sea World/ Discovery Cove gets a 9/10.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-15 06:44:43

At 8/13/06 09:46 PM, -TheThing- wrote: i know most of you didnt read the whole post, so heres a summary: Disney World gets a 8/10 adn Sea World/ Discovery Cove gets a 9/10.

You got me on that... Well now is this crew just going to stop or is it going to contiue?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-15 07:26:11

At 8/15/06 06:44 AM, TheLight6 wrote:
At 8/13/06 09:46 PM, -TheThing- wrote: i know most of you didnt read the whole post, so heres a summary: Disney World gets a 8/10 adn Sea World/ Discovery Cove gets a 9/10.
You got me on that... Well now is this crew just going to stop or is it going to contiue?

you know, people do have lives. and it doesnt invovle NG. like me, i have American football practice in aobut 20 minutes

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-15 09:56:53

At 8/15/06 07:26 AM, -TheThing- wrote:
you know, people do have lives. and it doesnt invovle NG. like me, i have American football practice in aobut 20 minutes

I know that but noone posted for about a week.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-15 13:52:59

At 8/15/06 09:56 AM, TheLight6 wrote:

Ive been serving on a Navy ship for a week how could i post we didn't even have a radio.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-16 07:08:10

At 8/15/06 09:56 AM, TheLight6 wrote:
At 8/15/06 07:26 AM, -TheThing- wrote:

as Redglare says, he was on a ship without even a radio for a week. i can only go on early in the morning usually because i only have about 3 weeks until school starts adn i want to be outside with my friends. Also there are a mix of UK users adn US users, so we're almost never on at the same time

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-17 01:27:19

At 8/16/06 07:08 AM, -TheThing- wrote: Also there are a mix of UK users and US users, so we're almost never on at the same time.

Don't forget Ausralian like me. And on Doctor Who here the last episode was Rise of Cybermen and next is The Age of Steel

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-17 03:23:07

At 8/17/06 01:27 AM, TheLight6 wrote:
At 8/16/06 07:08 AM, -TheThing- wrote: Also there are a mix of UK users and US users, so we're almost never on at the same time.
Don't forget Ausralian like me. And on Doctor Who here the last episode was Rise of Cybermen and next is The Age of Steel

i was just making a general statement that meant were on different time zones, so when i post, it may not get responded to from TNT (sorry, but i cant spelll for shit) until im asleep. so this club becomes very slow moving

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-17 12:05:51

a long over due updated member list.

NOTE: i will PM all the members from Mick_the_Champion down to see if they still want to be in the club. if i dont get a response, whether through posting or PMing, within 5 days they will be kicked off the list. they then have 2 weeks to say "hey, sorry about not posting" otherwise they will NOT be allowed to join. this goes for the rest of you. thank you for your time.

Time Lord: Thething69
Companion: Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Companion: Womat333
Dalek: Deceptionkiller
Dalek: RedGlare
Cyberman: TheLight6
Cyberman: BestManEver
K9: Dejanus
K9: SoapOnAString
K9: Mick_the_champion
Civilian: Sp00kyy
Civilian: FeargusMcDuff
Civilian: SpanHome
Civilian: empty
Civilian: empty

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-17 13:31:54

hey can i join i lov docter who i have seen every eposode and i won't spoil the new series

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-17 15:08:32

At 8/17/06 12:05 PM, -TheThing- wrote: a long over due updated member list.

NOTE: i will PM all the members from Mick_the_Champion down to see if they still want to be in the club. if i dont get a response, whether through posting or PMing, within 5 days they will be kicked off the list. they then have 2 weeks to say "hey, sorry about not posting" otherwise they will NOT be allowed to join. this goes for the rest of you. thank you for your time.

May I remind you that I may actually not be able to post for two weeks at one point. But I will not leav this crew until it gets locked or deleted. And I seriously doubt it will. And once I've reached 'companion' rank will I be able to level up or not?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-17 18:47:49

At 8/17/06 03:08 PM, -DeceptionKiller- wrote:
May I remind you that I may actually not be able to post for two weeks at one point. But I will not leav this crew until it gets locked or deleted. And I seriously doubt it will. And once I've reached 'companion' rank will I be able to level up or not?

first question: as long as you say "hey, ill be on vacation for the next _ days/weeks/months" i wont take you off. if you cant post because of that, you cant post. also if you have computer problems try to get atleast a PM to me or another friend or post. if its completely fried, ask your girlfriend to post here for you.

second question: well, it depends. if im quit this crew and your next in line, then yes.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-18 11:44:02

At 8/17/06 01:31 PM, lilbastard10 wrote: hey can i join i lov docter who i have seen every eposode and i won't spoil the new series

To be techniquely correct your only seen every episode of the new series and you can't watch all the classic episodes (like I said before some of them are missing).

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-19 04:00:27

At 8/18/06 11:44 AM, TheLight6 wrote:
At 8/17/06 01:31 PM, lilbastard10 wrote: hey can i join i lov docter who i have seen every eposode and i won't spoil the new series
To be techniquely correct your only seen every episode of the new series and you can't watch all the classic episodes (like I said before some of them are missing).

whatever. welcome aboard, lilbastard10! this is the tardis. it can go anywhere, any time in the Universe

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-19 07:14:56

u guys only JUST finished season one? damn man thats no good I have seen the end of season 2 and beginning of season 3 so if anyone wants to know spoilers or polit lines just send me a pm id be more than happy to share ....btw season 2 and 3 KICKS ASS! much better than the first.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-19 10:18:50

At 8/19/06 07:14 AM, system_error1 wrote: I have seen the end of season 2 and beginning of season 3 so if anyone wants to know spoilers or polit lines just send me a pm id be more than happy to share ....btw season 2 and 3 KICKS ASS! much better than the first.

Season 3 hasn't even started yet, even in Britian, so please tell me how you have seen it then.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-19 14:42:30

At 8/19/06 07:14 AM, system_error1 wrote: u guys only JUST finished season one? damn man thats no good I have seen the end of season 2 and beginning of season 3 so if anyone wants to know spoilers or polit lines just send me a pm id be more than happy to share ....btw season 2 and 3 KICKS ASS! much better than the first.

and also my first post was for the american viewers who have to wait atleast 3 more months before season 2 is shown. and season 3 hasnt even come out yet

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-19 16:25:25

iv seen advertisements we got a trailer but hey with the new doctor in it its gonna kick assthat all i meant sorry if i was misleading

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-19 16:30:57

look im sorry if it sounded like id seen season 3 really but iv seen all of season 2 and ill tell u parts of it to prove it. ill tell u somethin from the first season and that way i dont spoil too much but u still get to know im not a liar? or we can all just talk about doctor who what do u say ?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-19 17:31:15

Question: In the new series that is starting named 'Torchwood' will the theme still be sci-fi and time traveling alien or will he stay in one timezone for the whole series. Plus is the series about Captain Jack after he met the Doctor or before?

BBS Signature