00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

littlefoot970 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground's Department of defense.

574,626 Views | 12,412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 23:07:50

At 6/4/08 10:42 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote:
At 6/4/08 10:37 PM, SupraAddict wrote: What does TOTW stand for? I might know it but I kinda doubt it.
"Turd of the Week." - Current TOTW.

lol, I can't believe that passed right over me.
Well, thanks for explaining it to me.

You know whats funny about the TOTWs?
Almost 90% of them are made by crappy crews and are
mass-down voted just like they deserve to be.

But, I am starting to become interested in the clock crew's flashes.
here are two great Flash Movies, both made by clocks.
Watch them both to the end or you wont like it as much, trust me
on this. I think they both were brilliantly made, and
deserve a higher score than they both received.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 23:13:55

At 6/4/08 10:37 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Just remember, never review a bad spam crew

I use that as a rule of thumb to. Anytime that I see one of those I just try to avoid it. I will vote if it is UJ hoping for the B/P point but no way in hell will I review it. I don't want my name associated with any of the flash making, portal spamming crews out there. And like you said, if you review either way you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. One side the crew votes you useless, the other side the whole NG hates your guts becuase you said that their flash didn't completely suck. Yep I just stay the hell away from reviewing those pain in the ass flashes as a whole.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 23:45:32

At 6/4/08 11:13 PM, head2toewinner wrote:
At 6/4/08 10:37 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Just remember, never review a bad spam crew
I use that as a rule of thumb to. Anytime that I see one of those I just try to avoid it. I will vote if it is UJ hoping for the B/P point but no way in hell will I review it. I don't want my name associated with any of the flash making, portal spamming crews out there. And like you said, if you review either way you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. One side the crew votes you useless, the other side the whole NG hates your guts becuase you said that their flash didn't completely suck. Yep I just stay the hell away from reviewing those pain in the ass flashes as a whole.

Yeah. Hey, did you know that the term,
Rule of thumb, came from an old regulation
in I think Britain that stated you couldn't beat your
wife with anything wider than your thumb. Thankfully, it isn't like
that anymore. Anyway,
yeah, I see what you mean, some crews flashes are
pretty good, I mean, look at the review crew pick,
Cog of man.(link is in above posts) Now, I've
set that flash movie as one of my favorites, because of how
deeply impacting and inspirational it was.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 23:57:18

Oh yeah... I completely agree. There are some exceptions to the rule where the flash is actually good. IF the author deserves the credit I will be the first one to give it to them. Just ninety percent of flashes that start out with a two letter abbreviation suck giant donkey balls. I still watch them though and I have seen quite a few great flashes go through by the clock crew especially.

As for the origin of the rule of thumb I did not know that. Luckily it was never like that here nor will it ever be like that.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 00:15:48

Thanks for you very helpful advice , i dont usually get that many repies. About the submison it was a high quality flash ,not spam link http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 0659. I gave it a 7/10 so it was respectable score i thought. I like to review current TOTWS or underdogs ,as it nice to see how quickly people rate your reviews. Sorry that not being a stawhore is it?, i love it when people rate my reviews. You feel like you helped them out.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 01:11:09

At 6/5/08 01:07 AM, ShortMonkey wrote: Haha same here... except I did more like 15 reviews. I think positive though and refer to it as my warm up. Care for an update, Anal, because it is Thursday over here..?

I think that APF was planning on throwing a new update out thursday night. We will see one within the next 24 hours I am sure.

I don't see the big deal with getting an update though. We all know that I will definitely be in first place and everyone after that really isn't quite as important.

being way to cocky!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 05:23:23

At 6/4/08 11:53 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
I'm going to put the decision on your Department Head. Although I may be the Commander of the NGDD, and I CAN accept you, I would rather leave the decision to DarkSoldier. Apparently he'll be responding to messages sometime soon, which means you need to be patient and wait until he comes back.

Keep checking back in if you'd like, but no more triple, or even double posting. No one liners, either, because those are completely unacceptable. I'll send you a PM when I ifind out DarkSoldier's decision.

Yes!
Well,
thank you,
I'll add you to my contacts,
and sorry about the triple post,
I promise it won't happen again.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 06:44:38

Alright guys don't worry the contest update will be coming along tonight as soon as I finish work. I should be finished with it about 9 o'clock NG time if I start around 7 or so in the p.m. But there it one thing I want to cover before this contest is over.

I didn't think I had to state it so I left it out of the rules because I figured it was self-explanatory, but I've noticed something that has been pissing me off.

This type of posting and
reviewing does not count as
being a full line post or review
because it does not fill
up the entire line and will
not give you credit for full lines.
It is unfair to people who have
been writing 25 line reviews
and using up the entire line for
each sentence.

How many lines you think it is: 10
How many lines I count it to be: 5

You all may want to take that into consideration for this contest and further contests. Maybe it was my fault I didn't explain it in the rules, but I figured it was all self-explanatory that you needed to fill up the WHOLE LINE for posting and reviewing. I guess I'll take the blame this time, but from now on in every contest we have as long as I am the leader of the NGDD - that type of posting/reviewing is absolutely unacceptable.

If you prefer to write that type of review, then let me know that you are willing to lose points for it so I know when I am counting points, but I will not give you a full score for it.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 15:15:11

I'd like to join the NGDD through the Dept. of BBS. I spend a lot of time on the forums and now i'm back, thank you for the consideration.

Would you sacrafice your humanity?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 15:18:24

i'm cofuzled how do u join

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 17:42:48

At 6/5/08 03:15 PM, Emergence wrote: I'd like to join the NGDD through the Dept. of BBS. I spend a lot of time on the forums and now i'm back, thank you for the consideration.
At 6/5/08 03:18 PM, pkarukin wrote: i'm cofuzled how do u join

I'm sorry but neither of you can qualify for the Newgrounds Department of Defense due to lack of experience around Newgrounds itself. The idea of being in the NGDD is to know and understand things such as how to properly identify a spam flash, how to identify abusive reviews, and most of all posting properly around the BBS.

However, if you both spend more time around NG I would be happy to have you reapply sometime in the near future, and I'm looking forward to it. Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 17:46:46

Ouch - the pain of being turned down.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 18:10:24

At 6/5/08 03:18 PM, pkarukin wrote: i'm cofuzled how do u join

Terrible spelling, you should stop text messaging your BFF Jill or was it Rose?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 19:22:28

Contest Standings - Thursday, June 5, 2008
1.) head2toewinner
Points - 168

2.) ShortMonkey
Points - 148

3.) SupraAddict
Points - 125

4.) Idiot-Finder
Points - 108

5.) phantomlassuk
Points - 97

6.) SoulMaster71
Points - 53

6.) Hybrid-Of-Souls
Points - 53

7.) Gu-rrilla
Points - 42

8.) DELUCA2400
Points - 38

9.) MrFinland
Points - 20

10.) pwroftheseagoat
Points - 0

Alright guys I'm aware that this is the crappiest looking contest update in the universe, but I'm working overtime tonight to try and finish this job, and spent my entire hour break calculating your scores. Be warned now that they aren't ENTIRELY accurate right now. I was kimming quickly, but I'm almost positive that the Top 3 are correct.

The final night I'll be counting up the points from the very beginning so I have a more accurate scoring system. I apologize again for how shitty this one looks, but I know you all wanted to see the standings. Good luck all.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 22:26:51

I'd just like to make a quick note!

The 2 newest members to the NGDD have been inactive.

Youngblood26 and Jesus-Owns-X.

I may have missed a post giving their reason?

If not, then this is becoming an issue that the NGDD has to fix immediately. This is not a place where you can just come and go. When i get back from exam week (i'll be back after next week) there better be some activity. I'm really only saying this to my department as the Audio Department is not under my control. But, since i was taking care of Jesus-Owns-X probation then i guess it is my responsibility to deal with him? Well, if it is then this is not a good way to start. I know he said he'd have exams but he hasn't given a simple post to the NGDD. He's been posting other places; not at the NGDD.

---Thank you, John---

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 23:06:21

At 6/5/08 10:26 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: I'd just like to make a quick note!

The 2 newest members to the NGDD have been inactive.

Youngblood26 and Jesus-Owns-X.

I may have missed a post giving their reason?

Not to compromise your judgment, but it is very typical when members leave for extended periods of time, because of course, final exams have started up, and I myself don't know what the hell I'm doing staying up this late just to post in this crew. Don't immediately assume that because they have been absent, that they abandoned the crew, especially since it's exam week. I'm pretty sure that would be their reason if they were here to explain themselves.

If not, then this is becoming an issue that the NGDD has to fix immediately. This is not a place where you can just come and go. When i get back from exam week (i'll be back after next week) there better be some activity.

Isn't that what we are doing now? just coming to newgrounds, depositing your points, posting, and leaving? It would be strange if you were on the computer 24/7, which is a red flag for no life. Could you give me a better definition so I better understand what you mean when you state that this is an issue that needs to be brought to attention?

I'm really only saying this to my department as the Audio Department is not under my control. But, since i was taking care of Jesus-Owns-X probation then i guess it is my responsibility to deal with him? Well, if it is then this is not a good way to start. I know he said he'd have exams but he hasn't given a simple post to the NGDD. He's been posting other places; not at the NGDD.

Oh, that is a totally different story. Did you pm him about this issue, or do you not do that?
If not, I'd be happy to help out by pming him so he knows what is going on. Of course, I would probably need ShortMonkey's or your permission before I do though.

---Thank you, John---

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 23:11:01

At 6/5/08 07:51 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Head, you are extremely lucky I spent an hour on watching movies for monthly voting. Thanks for the update Anal, now I'm more motivated to kick some but! Or should I say butthead! Get it? Like, I'm kicking head2toewinner's but, so it's butheead!

Lucky that you took an hour to watch movies? I have been training all week. All my points are from staying up two to three hours longer than I should at night. I should be asleep at about midnight every night this week since I have school but I have been staying up until two to three o clock every night. Plus I have been training all week. I am not lucky nothing. I have jut been trying to get on top.

Now that that has been said though. I am amazed that I have first. I need to get reviewing and seeing as how I only have about thirty to forty minutes of school tomorow, I will be on here for a few hours during the day to review and post my ass off. Other than that though, Saturday I will be out and busy all day and Sunday morning I have to be at the station at 5:30 in the morning so I don't know how much more that I will be able to do.

So now I am off to review some more. I need all the edge that I can get.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 23:43:58

Part 3:

So the game begins, as Guidry and Torrez were locked in a pitcher's duel for the first six innings with Red Sox leading 2-0 which came from Yaz's homer and Rice's RBI hit. When the seventh inning begins, Chambliss and White each singled off Torrez. Sometime later Bucky Dent shows up because Willie Randolph was unavailable due to illness and it turns out to be the turning point of the game. With the count at 1-1 after a ball fouled from Dent's foot, delaying the game in the process. After a trainer tended hsi foot, his teammate Mickey Rivers gives him his bat because when Dent fouled that ball earlier, a crack appears. Once he returns to the batter box, Mike Torrez delivers a pitch and then that next pitch will eventually decides the fate of those two teams in an epic clash for the playoffs.

Who will prevail? Will will go home and go emo? Find out tomorrow for the conclusion of whatever this show will be called since I'm only the narrator and the dude who retells what happened nearly thirty years ago, believe it!

To be continued...

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-05 23:58:42

Who is in charge of the Audio Department? I would like to contact him via privet messaging.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-06 00:40:30

At 6/5/08 10:26 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Youngblood26 and Jesus-Owns-X.

I don't think you have the right to assume that youngblood left just because he wanted to.

If you'd of checked his surroundings and asked around, you would have known that his Internet is acting up.

He had asked a user to inform members in the Pinoy Club and in the C&C Regs. Lounge.

You people were not told because the user is not part of the NGDD.

Anyways, I won't be hear for a while because I have to help my mother cope with her surgery.

I will be contributing to the comp. as much as I can.

Is that okay with you DarkSoldier?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-06 06:08:54

Im sorry i did no,t post yestterday, i was so busy and not have time to post. Im not vey happy two reviews i wrote yesterday have been rated useless maybe the 4/10 was confusing the last paragraph. However what was wrong ,with the 9/10. It is because i sound like a fanboy/. I love the clockcrew so what was wrong with, the revieww. I dont mind people pointing out whats wrong as long as your not rude.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-06 07:15:13

At 6/5/08 11:58 PM, djconnect wrote: Who is in charge of the Audio Department? I would like to contact him via privet messaging.

I am, as of right now since we don't currently have an Audio Department Head, which means I can only accept new members for the department. Send me a PM and we'll talk.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-06 13:33:37

Hello everyone!

Sorry for being so inactive lately, my internet has been fucking up and my parents have really been interfering with my internet life. Most of the time I only have time for the NGPD and the EGB. I know, it really sucks, but heheh, I'm used to things sucking in my life.

Also, I heard you we're in need of an Audio Department Head. I can work as a head since I've switched my focus almost entirely from Audio to flash.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-06 22:32:29

So, Anal Penguin Farming, when do we get the next update on the contest that is taking place until sunday 11:59? I would really like to see how I compare up to the 'big boys' of the competition. Of course I am talking about Head2toewinner and, the one and only, Shortmonkey. Well, when you do get a chance to update the current poll, let me know via private message(pm) so I know right away(I still haven't put this crew link in my signature yet, so I'm stuck browsing for it every single time.) Also, I'm going to be gone most of tomorrow due to my trip to Newyork. I really wish that I was going there for the big apple convention taking place there coincidentally on the same day I'll be there, talk about unfair.
But, yeah, keep me posted, ok? Oh, and Shortmonkey Head2toewinner, I'm catching up, so you better look over your shoulders from now on >=3. Well, that is really all I had to post about, so I better hit the reviews again to score some more points. Oh, APF, I took your word and I'm writing the reviews as you told me to. Thanks for the help.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-06 23:52:47

Uh-oh Shortmonkey. What do say we put our differences aside and pull a quick tactical silent mission to take supraddict out while he is reviewing. I think we're tactical enough to pull it off. Then at least it will be a one on one race.

Or we could just keep going and just smack him the fair way. Well talk about it and supraddict will find out our final decision one way or the other.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:05:25

At 6/6/08 11:52 PM, head2toewinner wrote: Uh-oh Shortmonkey. What do say we put our differences aside and pull a quick tactical silent mission to take supraddict out while he is reviewing. I think we're tactical enough to pull it off. Then at least it will be a one on one race.

Or we could just keep going and just smack him the fair way. Well talk about it and supraddict will find out our final decision one way or the other.

Oh, yeah, and posting in the forum is real smart. Oh no! no one will ever look in the BBS forum, lets gang up on Supra Addict while he's away. I mean, he'll never, in a million years ever to think of just, just looking right here, yea, right here in this one crew where he's a member with two days left. I give up, where is your intellect?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:17:07

I left it all in my truck on my way home tonight and I am to lazy to walk out to the driveway and get it. I would much rather work without it anyway. It makes life twice as fun, easily. Now, if only shortmonkey was on so we could just get this done with already. I am frickin tired. It might just have to wait until the morning, which is going to suck because I will be tired then. You are making me run one vicious ass circle supra addict.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:24:25

So are you saying that instead of us teaming up to take him out it will be a race between the two of us to see who gets to him first. I think that I could win. Although I am not really sure where he is right now. I'll wait for him to post and I will grab him right then. Now if only I could get two miles away so I could test out this new sniper and scope that I got.

I could take the shot from close but that just wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun, would it?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:27:42

At 6/7/08 12:18 AM, ShortMonkey wrote: Haha, you guys, Head and Supra, I found those last two posts so funny because it looked like you were both actually being serious. Now, I'm serious here: I work on my own and I own on my own. Savvy? Trying to beat me is as easy as something that's not easy at all.

lol, Don't ya just love it when the competition is on? It makes things so much more fun and exciting.
Especially since I was last in third place >.> <.< Can you imagine, that if this competition is so successful in Anal Penguin Farming's eyes, that he said he might do it again?
Also, don't you see the bigger picture? Since we're all running around, it's helping the crew get more active, exactly what Darksoldier wanted, if you look back a few pages...

this is the most fun I think I've ever had in a Newgrounds comp. These two users ROCK!

Thank you. I'm trying my best, ya know :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:31:15

At 6/7/08 12:24 AM, head2toewinner wrote: So are you saying that instead of us teaming up to take him out it will be a race between the two of us to see who gets to him first. I think that I could win. Although I am not really sure where he is right now. I'll wait for him to post and I will grab him right then. Now if only I could get two miles away so I could test out this new sniper and scope that I got.

Yeah, that could work, but there is a little problem, with every new sniper rifle and scope. I know from experience, sighting it in is a b*tch, lol. It's funny how you're like contemplating it, like, "he, he, he, I'm gonna kill Supra addict, and then the stickers prize will be all mine, mwahahaha!" And while you're doing that, I bet short monkey's gonna creep up on you with a nice shiny new Deagle :3

I could take the shot from close but that just wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun, would it?

I'm not sure, ask Shortmonkey, he's right behind you.

BBS Signature