00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground's Department of defense.

577,773 Views | 12,412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-20 15:35:45

At 6/20/07 02:35 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 6/20/07 11:05 AM, Abyssus wrote: This kind of disappointed me. You couldn't have missed one deposit, could you Pimp? Oh, well, next day.
Evil, pure evil.
This is by far the most unfortunate event that could ever happen to any living being, and it happened to me before, so yeah, it happens. good luck and wait till tomorrow.

No, worse is when you get the next level then lose it the next day again and people see (I posted in the WI/HT level up lounge) >:(

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-21 01:22:55

At 6/20/07 02:38 PM, Abyssus wrote: Thanks. It is a one in ten chance, so i guess it will have happened to lots of people. It's gonna' be weird having a boxing glove instead of...A glove.

You may now deposit, let me be the first to say congrats before you even get there.

At 6/20/07 03:35 PM, deslona wrote: No, worse is when you get the next level then lose it the next day again and people see (I posted in the WI/HT level up lounge) >:(

Yeah, that happened to me once, you're right and it's absolutely embarrassing.

At 6/21/07 01:13 AM, MrFinland wrote: Ok today's an important day to me. I'm choosing what subjects I'm going to study in college. I hope I don't fuck it up somehow.

Good luck, don't pick stuff you hate, it never works out.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-21 10:35:17

At 6/21/07 08:05 AM, MrFinland wrote:
At 6/21/07 01:22 AM, Phantom wrote: Good luck, don't pick stuff you hate, it never works out.
Well I did it. And I picked the stuff I should like. As an examlpe I picked psychology, because it has always interseted me and human mind is interesting. Also my aunt is a psychologist and she has told me about psychology.

I guess you got a leg up in the class. Just ask your aunt to help you, whenever you don't feel like doing your homework.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-21 11:16:02

Hell yeah! Level ten! feels weird with my name though, at least I'm an official Newgrounds regular now!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-21 14:25:49

At 6/21/07 11:16 AM, Abyssus wrote: Hell yeah! Level ten! feels weird with my name though, at least I'm an official Newgrounds regular now!

Hehe so cool. But the ligh aura doesnt suit it now in my opinion. But still good going maN!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-21 14:27:13

At 6/21/07 02:25 PM, bounthunter wrote:
At 6/21/07 11:16 AM, Abyssus wrote: Hell yeah! Level ten! feels weird with my name though, at least I'm an official Newgrounds regular now!
Hehe so cool. But the ligh aura doesnt suit it now in my opinion. But still good going maN!

Exactly what i was thinking, but I'm not a dark aura kind of guy. It's too fake. I'll see what green looks like with it.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-21 14:29:02

Oops it automatically posted when I hadnt finished....weird. Anyways thats awesome cool. Its still gonna be forever before I level up! Its so.......saddening :'(. Hehe I signed up to the official NG MSN list. Its like a blind date just not a date :S.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-21 18:06:19

At 6/21/07 11:36 AM, MrFinland wrote:
At 6/21/07 10:35 AM, TheThing wrote: I guess you got a leg up in the class. Just ask your aunt to help you, whenever you don't feel like doing your homework.
Lol, maybe. But actually my aunt has been in the same college I'm going to. And so has my dad my uncle and my grandfather. And it is a high stantard college.

Oh, so you're good. All you just have to say is that your family has went there, and you're practically in. That way, they can get more money out of you.

At 6/21/07 02:27 PM, Abyssus wrote:
Exactly what i was thinking, but I'm not a dark aura kind of guy. It's too fake. I'll see what green looks like with it.

I like green. The purplish-bluish one would suck with the glove, but red looks pretty nice I prefer to have a neutral, but it's up to you.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-23 00:21:33

Dude, I was looking at your profile...You're 16 and going to college? Not gonna lie, that's pretty impressive...

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-23 20:49:54

Ugh, all this spam coming up in the private forum is starting to get annoying. Sure, for me, I can just find the IP, ban it, delete the post, and move on, but spam is coming up frequently now that it's obvious a certain group is doing it. Any suspicions on who it could be?

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-23 21:00:45

hey everybody today was crazy in the portal I got over 75 B/P points today

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-23 22:47:49

At 6/23/07 08:49 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Ugh, all this spam coming up in the private forum is starting to get annoying. Sure, for me, I can just find the IP, ban it, delete the post, and move on, but spam is coming up frequently now that it's obvious a certain group is doing it. Any suspicions on who it could be?

Wasn't me. *shifty eyes* Why would I want to spam the forum? What do I have against you and that piece of shit forum?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-23 23:08:25

At 6/20/07 02:46 AM, MrFinland wrote: I want to ask that how many people have joned the contest. I was curious but I am too lazy to count myself

I was resisting the urge to update and make a list of people and threads in case a mod happened to see it and decide to end it then and there (deleteing all the threads would be a bad end I think).

At 6/23/07 08:49 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Ugh, all this spam coming up in the private forum is starting to get annoying. Sure, for me, I can just find the IP, ban it, delete the post, and move on, but spam is coming up frequently now that it's obvious a certain group is doing it. Any suspicions on who it could be?

Well, it appears to have started when Phantom allowed certain users (myself included) access to the forums. Was there any coding or privilages changed there?

The competition will end in 1 hour.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-24 01:04:22

The BBS Thread Competition Results

MrFinland
" Favorite dream "
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 8635
Views : 300
Total Posts: 40
Counted Posts: 29
Total lines: 211
Counted Lines: 171

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 7508
" Your vehicle of choice " - Not included towards total scores
Views : 462
Total Posts: 71
Counted Posts: 59
Total lines: 132
Counted Lines: 98

TheBlueNeck
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 8690
" Mod Elections? "
Views : 1,370 And LOCKED
Total Posts: 119
Counted Posts: 114
Mod posts: 16
Lines by Mods: 51
Total lines: 294
Counted Lines: 275

bountyhunter
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 8817
" The Ultimate Riddick Club (TURC) "
Views : DELETED
Total Posts:
Counted Posts:
Total lines:
Counted Lines:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 8902
" Internet Conflict Survey "
Views : 301
Total Posts: 39
Counted Posts: 25
Total lines: 724
Counted Lines: 623

TheThing
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 9446
" What are your ambitions? "
Views : 193
Total Posts: 30
Counted Posts: 29
Mod posts: 2
Lines by Mods: 9
Total lines: 64
Counted Lines: 57

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 9470
Title unknown
Views : DELETED
Total Posts:
Counted Posts:
Total lines:
Counted Lines:

Hybrid-Of-Souls
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 8995
" 'Price is Right' is likely screwed "
Views : 181
Total Posts: 21
Counted Posts: 19
Total lines: 36
Counted Lines: 31

Cole
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 8454
" Cole's pictures of drawings n stuff "
Views : 217
Total Posts: 14
Counted Posts: 7
Total lines: 34
Counted Lines: 11

Most amusing post:
By JadeTheAssassin

At 6/16/07 11:03 PM, SardonicSamurai wrote:

:: At 6/16/07 10:48 PM, Rucklo wrote:
:: : At 6/16/07 10:41 PM, JadeTheAssassin wrote:

:: Was that directed at only Jade, or at everyone?
::
:: *Contemplates returning the booze*

*hiss*
MINE.
*gulps wine down so you can't have any*
NO ONE CAN HAVE IT. GO AWAY.

PRIZES

Most Posts In Response
1st place - 4
Mod Elections by TheBlueNeck, 114
Equal 2nd place - 3
What are your ambitions? by TheThing, 29
Equal 2rd place - 2
Favorite dream by MrFinland, 29

Participation Prize - 1 (Earned by earning over 2 pages. Cannot be earned if winning one of the top MPIR prizes)
None

Most Lines In Response
1st place - 4
Internet Conflict Survey by bountyhunter, 623
2nd place - 3
Mod Elections? by TheBlueNeck, 275
3rd place - 2
Favorite dream by MrFinland, 171

Participation Prize - 1 (Earned by earning over 200 lines. Cannot be earned if winning one of the top MLIR prizes)
None

Total points awarded
TheBlueNeck - 7
MrFinland - 4
bountyhunter - 4
TheThing - 2

Best Thread - 3 points
I will ask NG members at the end of the contest to PM me with who they think made the best thread and why.

Yes. Can people send me a PM - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE LOOK AT THESE THREADS AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. YOUR VOTES AREANONYMOUS and the total is unscored. PM me if you feel that you need more information.
If only one person sends me a pm that person they vote for will be the winner - that simple.

Congratulatoins to all

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-24 03:43:54

Awesome....most posts! I'm not suprised though considering it was a survey and they quoted but oh well. I thought it was good. Oh and can ya'll bump my topic up please? Thanks all ;).

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-24 12:31:34

Total points awarded
TheThing - 2

Well, it's not bad for just making a thread. I didn't expect to even be considered for a prize, so I'm very thankful to win something

Yes. Can people send me a PM - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE LOOK AT THESE THREADS AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. YOUR VOTES AREANONYMOUS and the total is unscored. PM me if you feel that you need more information.
If only one person sends me a pm that person they vote for will be the winner - that simple.

Personally, I think they all were bad, even my threads. So, can "none" be an answer

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-24 13:21:28

ohhh there was a thread compettition? crap I would have joined in on it

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-24 22:21:50

Hey, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you guys I was going camping. I'm gonna be gone for another week to nationals in Chicago for FBLA. Sorry I forgot to say anything!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-25 00:13:14

At 6/24/07 01:24 PM, TheBlueNeck wrote:
I guess that the Internet Conflict Survey by bountyhunter the best one.

Hehe cool thanks ;). I voted for you because everybody seems to love talking about mods. To prove it, you got about 3 pages in a few hours so wowza. Anyways, I liked yours, Blue neck ;).

I need another bump on my topic though guys.....Business was running slow today lol. So thanks to anybody who bumps it or actually does it. ;)

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-25 02:29:21

Who knows? It will finish soon probably-maybe a topic in the general?

Anyway anybody else going to do my survey?

Thanks!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-25 03:49:03

At 6/25/07 02:01 AM, MrFinland wrote: I'm just wondering, that when is the voiting for the best thread going to end? I'm not sure about it.

I was giving it a few days, as some users told me earleir they would be a little inactive. But they have been sent PM's and after they respond I will be posting the final scores.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-25 04:18:03

Oh right ok. I've done my part into it. But how many do you need now before you can truly say the winner for this comp? I'm sorta on the edge of my seat although I know who is going to win (but im not giving anything away!), just who I think anyway <;).

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-26 03:27:32

I'm guessing that post was on its darker side lol. Yeah I wanna know who won as well. Who else apart from us NGDD members will get a PM? Interesting to know what happens I guess huh?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-26 09:00:45

I was waiting for a few others.
But I am still ready to call it, and a little tired of waiting (sorry).

Best Thread - 3 points
The award goes to BlueNeck for his ' Mod Electons? thread by one vote.
bountyhunter's thread was 2nd.

Total points awarded
TheBlueNeck - 10
MrFinland - 4
bountyhunter - 4
TheThing - 2

I thank all participants and those who gave a vote. I have learnt a few things about this competition. And if possible maybe host different kind of comp in the future.
Thanks all :)

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-26 13:55:04

At 6/26/07 09:00 AM, deslona wrote: I was waiting for a few others.

Best Thread - 3 points

Really? Because I thought that bounthunter's thread was better (that survey thing)

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-26 15:53:25

At 6/26/07 01:55 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 6/26/07 09:00 AM, deslona wrote: I was waiting for a few others.

Best Thread - 3 points
Really? Because I thought that bounthunter's thread was better (that survey thing)

Maybe but the only vote cast was mine lol. Anyway congrats Blue for your win ;) and all the rest of it to all the contestants who participated. Well this was fun thanks to deslona who made it all happen. Ooh and I can't wait to see what rank I may be on. Oh well now its time for an AFTER PARTY WOOO!!!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-27 00:57:10

:D Well it is good fun on this comp and I would like to thank deslona for making it all happen even though I have already said that. Anyway, when will a next
competition be on? I'm very excited now.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-28 02:12:50

Well good news for Hybrid, I fixed the forum spam problem, now only registered users can post in the club information section and since no one can register, that's fine.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-28 17:41:34

At 6/28/07 02:12 AM, Phantom wrote: Well good news for Hybrid, I fixed the forum spam problem, now only registered users can post in the club information section and since no one can register, that's fine.

BRILLIANT! Also, can unregistered users still browse our forums in case something goes on up there that doesn't happen here?

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-06-28 18:00:09

Hey guys! I haven't really had a reason to post in a while, which explains my absence. But I now have something to say!

Go to clickclickclick.com and click click click for the US! Right now, we're in position to pass Canada for 16th