00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BloodLordAngelo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

954,068 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-18 12:41:24

At 8/18/07 12:38 PM, Xtesh wrote:
At 8/18/07 12:30 PM, Nev wrote: I pronouce Bahamut, Bay-a-mutt.
Ok, guys, group huddle.
*Makes group huddle and excludes Nev from it*
Should we kill him now, or in his sleep?

Shut it bitch.
My way > ba-hu.
There isn't even a 'u' in it >:(!

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-18 12:59:20

WTF Nev? how do you get bayamut from bahamut? There´s not even a ´y´ in it.

Ba-hu-mutt > your way. Sorry, but i´m just being frank.

*Jumps in group huddle with Xtesh* We´ll let him of that one...

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-18 13:56:40

OK enough,
Seriously, as long as the other person knows what you are talking about, I think we dont need to go over the pronunciations of FF characters.....

So, to start things off, If you could rename any FF character, who would you choose, why, and what would the new name be?

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-18 14:57:22

At 8/18/07 12:59 PM, Life-Stream wrote: WTF Nev? how do you get bayamut from bahamut? There´s not even a ´y´ in it.

Ba-hu-mutt > your way. Sorry, but i´m just being frank.

*Jumps in group huddle with Xtesh* We´ll let him of that one...

The 'y' sound is in the 'a', with a bit of the 'h' thrown in,
Look at the word 'bacon' and you'll see what I mean... I hope.
Its not bac-on, is it? Its bay-con.

Nev wins :).

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-18 14:58:13

At 8/18/07 01:06 PM, Xtesh wrote:
Alright, alright.

But it's ba-ha-mut in my mind.

Ok, ok, i think we all get it now that most of us pronounce it like that.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-18 15:04:36

At 8/18/07 01:56 PM, Jackotrades wrote:
So, to start things off, If you could rename any FF character, who would you choose, why, and what would the new name be?

Dunno.....i´d rename Cloud - Rain. XD Just kidding. I like most of the people´s names that were given to them....i wouldn´t really like to change any.....well maybe Vaan....it sounds a bit too dutch for me. I can´t think of a good name for him though.

At 8/18/07 02:57 PM, Nev wrote:
Look at the word 'bacon' and you'll see what I mean... I hope.
Its not bac-on, is it? Its bay-con.

Nev wins :).

Ah....ok, i get what you mean now....like ´bay-ha-mut´right?.......well, i still prefer Ba-hu-mut.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-18 15:07:48

At 8/18/07 03:04 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Ah....ok, i get what you mean now....like ´bay-ha-mut´right?.......well, i still prefer Ba-hu-mut.

Yeh, but my Lancashire accent is tacky and says it Bay-a-mut :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-18 15:34:44

At 8/18/07 03:07 PM, Nev wrote:
At 8/18/07 03:04 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Ah....ok, i get what you mean now....like ´bay-ha-mut´right?.......well, i still prefer Ba-hu-mut.
Yeh, but my Lancashire accent is tacky and says it Bay-a-mut :P.

Well, in that case you should move to London for a few years, should clean that up for you.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-18 22:50:00

At 8/18/07 04:45 AM, Xtesh wrote: Hold on just a minute...
XTESH ATTAINED 5,000 POSTS!
SPECIAL ABILITY GAINED: HOLY!

lol Congrats.

At 8/18/07 07:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: Cecil's a girls name. XD

Lmao!
*Reference Get*

It won't change the way I pronounce Bahamut just like how the way they pronounced Tidus didn't change my pronunciation of his name.

Tidus' name is still on the fence, thanks to Kingdom Hearts.
In KH, it's Tee-Dus
In KHII, it's Tie-Dus.

It will always be Tidus to me.

At 8/18/07 08:03 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I always said Ivalice like Eye-va-lice, but in FF12, they pronounce it Ee-va-leece, fuck that, it´s Eyevalice to me, and has been since FFT in ´97.

I always thought it was Eve-A-Lease, myself.

At 8/18/07 01:56 PM, Jackotrades wrote: So, to start things off, If you could rename any FF character, who would you choose, why, and what would the new name be?

Seymour. It was far too plain. A more ancient, or English would've suited him better.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 01:48:47

Started playing FF XII again and all its infinite side-quests. So far I've nailed 8 out of 13 Espers and I'll be going after number 9 (Chaos) once I'm finished work. Cuchulainn (the green blob who lives in the sewer) was pretty tough. The constant sap effect that covered the area made for a lengthy battle. I've paired Cuchulainn with Basch and the two make a wicked team.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 03:05:41

Anyone here seen some of the Vids from the No License Board Game guys at Gamefaqs? They're absolutely wicked... Definately a must-see!

Who would've thought you could beat The Undying without ever using the license board? -_-

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 08:37:21

At 8/19/07 01:48 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Started playing FF XII again and all its infinite side-quests. So far I've nailed 8 out of 13 Espers and I'll be going after number 9 (Chaos) once I'm finished work. Cuchulainn (the green blob who lives in the sewer) was pretty tough. The constant sap effect that covered the area made for a lengthy battle. I've paired Cuchulainn with Basch and the two make a wicked team.

I think i have about 7 of the espers. I still need to get the rest, but i havn´t played my FFXII in about a month now....time to turn it on.
And thats one nice big ass hammer you have there.....you´ll soon have that sweet sword though.

At 8/19/07 03:05 AM, DegenX2 wrote: Anyone here seen some of the Vids from the No License Board Game guys at Gamefaqs? They're absolutely wicked... Definately a must-see!
Who would've thought you could beat The Undying without ever using the license board? -_-

No, i havn´t seen that. A link would be nice though :P

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 09:01:27

At 8/18/07 08:03 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I always said Ivalice like Eye-va-lice, but in FF12, they pronounce it Ee-va-leece, fuck that, it´s Eyevalice to me, and has been since FFT in ´97.

I've not been picky about how Ivalice is pronounced, although Eye-Va-Lice does sound better.

At 8/18/07 12:25 PM, Nev wrote: Cecil is a boys name you idiot.

I was only referring to a quote from The Simpsons.

At 8/18/07 12:30 PM, Nev wrote: I pronouce Bahamut, Bay-a-mutt.

Are you on drugs?

At 8/18/07 12:59 PM, Life-Stream wrote: WTF Nev? how do you get bayamut from bahamut? There´s not even a ´y´ in it.

Perhaps so he can rhyme it with Gayamut.

At 8/19/07 01:48 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Started playing FF XII again and all its infinite side-quests.

Infinite sidequests? Besides the hunts, I didn't feel that there were infinite sidequests. It felt like there were far less sidequests than on FFX.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 09:39:12

At 8/19/07 09:01 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Infinite sidequests? Besides the hunts, I didn't feel that there were infinite sidequests. It felt like there were far less sidequests than on FFX.

Same here. I think the only proper side-quests it had were the hunts....get some special weapons and kill omega. Yiazmat falls into the hunt category so i wont mention him seperate. Compared to say FF7, 9 or 10 it had very little.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 10:22:13

I have got all the summons, magicks, etc. but I still havent beaten omega or yiazmat yet.....

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 10:34:43

At 8/19/07 09:01 AM, Bahamut wrote: Are you on drugs?

My point on this has been very clear.
Like bacon.
And Bayamut sounds better than ba-ha-mut. Ba-ha-mut sounds like a stupid Caribbean song. Bayamut sounds far more mythological, which is what Bahamut is in the first place.

Anyway;
Why doesn't my Blitz Ace, Attack Reels and Passado do 99,999 against Dark Aeons like it apparently should?
I have max strength but it only takes off like, 10,000, or 40,000 for Attack Reels.
All the guides on the next say it should be taking off 99,999 >:(.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 13:53:08

Well, to put all this clear on the Bahamut buisness, neither Nev or us were right. I think the way it´s pronounced in FFXII is the right way whether we like it or not.

Bahaumt

Apparently Bahamut resides from Arabic mythology.....and livesd in the sea. O_o Looks like Squares done him a few changes for the better. But anyway....according to Wiki it´s ´Bahamút´. The accent on the u means thats where you express the word more. So it should be said like in FFXII.

Ba-hu-mut still sounds better :P

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 20:58:03

At 8/19/07 08:49 PM, Xtesh wrote: Anyone know where the best place to max stats in FFX is? Capturing enemies takes too long(and gives very little AP), Within Sin can occasionally kill me if I play carelessly, and Omega Dungeon has the same problem as capturing, except I can also die much more easily.

What I did is just capture one Varuna from Omega dungeons and then fight him in the Monster Arena. With Triple AP you get 4 Sph Levels for a very easy fight.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-19 22:43:19

At 8/19/07 09:59 PM, Xtesh wrote: I may sound stupid saying this, but what is a Varuna?

Blue thing, massive arms, always casts haste on itself as its first move.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 04:48:07

Guess who found and bought Final Fantasy III.
Guess woh hasn't found the time to play it yet.
Feh. :'(

At 8/19/07 01:48 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Started playing FF XII again and all its infinite side-quests. So far I've nailed 8 out of 13 Espers and I'll be going after number 9 (Chaos) once I'm finished work. Cuchulainn (the green blob who lives in the sewer) was pretty tough. The constant sap effect that covered the area made for a lengthy battle. I've paired Cuchulainn with Basch and the two make a wicked team.

Awesome stuff, Recon. I haven't heardfrom your FF exploits since FFX-2 back at RetroGade. Keep us informed. :)

At 8/19/07 03:05 AM, DegenX2 wrote: Anyone here seen some of the Vids from the No License Board Game guys at Gamefaqs? They're absolutely wicked... Definately a must-see!

I don't even bother with those. Yes, it is quite a feat, and if they can do those challenges, all the more power to them, but I have no interest in performing them myself. I had started a No-Sphere Grid one on FFX, but gave up near the end of Besaid. It just doesn't interest me.

At 8/19/07 09:01 AM, Bahamut wrote: Infinite sidequests? Besides the hunts, I didn't feel that there were infinite sidequests. It felt like there were far less sidequests than on FFX.

I think FFX's were more involved, but FFXII has more. Many of the hunts are little quests in themselves, and there are other time-related ones, such as the Vierra in the Rabanastre bazaar, Cockatrice hunt, Sister Hunt (Looking for all the flight attendants on the airship), etc.

At 8/19/07 10:34 AM, Nev wrote: Why doesn't my Blitz Ace, Attack Reels and Passado do 99,999 against Dark Aeons like it apparently should?
I have max strength but it only takes off like, 10,000, or 40,000 for Attack Reels.
All the guides on the next say it should be taking off 99,999 >:(.

Good question. I know that my Passado sometimes does a little less than 99,999 against some of the stronger enemies in the Monster Arena (Usually like 97,000 and up against Nemesis and such), so maybe the Dark Aeons are just naturally strong in defense? Or was any spell cast?

Or, did you ever max Luck? Max that, and every hit is a critical hit, allowing for more damage.

At 8/19/07 08:49 PM, Xtesh wrote: Anyone know where the best place to max stats in FFX is? Capturing enemies takes too long(and gives very little AP), Within Sin can occasionally kill me if I play carelessly, and Omega Dungeon has the same problem as capturing, except I can also die much more easily.

To just level up, or actually max your stats? I can't picture anyone maxing outside of the Monster Arena, personally, and wouldn't advise it either.

At 8/19/07 10:43 PM, Nev wrote:
At 8/19/07 09:59 PM, Xtesh wrote: I may sound stupid saying this, but what is a Varuna?
Blue thing, massive arms, always casts haste on itself as its first move.

I loved their design. Cool monsters. Cool special move, too.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 09:12:55

At 8/19/07 01:53 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Well, to put all this clear on the Bahamut buisness, neither Nev or us were right. I think the way it´s pronounced in FFXII is the right way whether we like it or not.

Fuck Wikipedia's article about Bahamut. I declare Bah-Ha-Mut as the right one.

At 8/20/07 04:48 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: Guess who found and bought Final Fantasy III.

Yay. Have fun on it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 14:14:35

At 8/19/07 08:58 PM, Nev wrote:
What I did is just capture one Varuna from Omega dungeons and then fight him in the Monster Arena. With Triple AP you get 4 Sph Levels for a very easy fight.

I havn´t played FFX in about 2-3 years and i still remember those guys. Nice design but very easy.

At 8/20/07 09:12 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Fuck Wikipedia's article about Bahamut. I declare Bah-Ha-Mut as the right one.

Seconded.

At 8/20/07 10:22 AM, Xtesh wrote: Somebody please kill me.... Getting Tidus' sigil is taking too long, it's boring and it's impossible.

I can't get any better than a 3.0 seconds as my top score.

*Stabs Xtesh in the chest* :D

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 14:43:38

At 8/20/07 02:14 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 8/20/07 10:22 AM, Xtesh wrote: Somebody please kill me.... Getting Tidus' sigil is taking too long, it's boring and it's impossible.

I can't get any better than a 3.0 seconds as my top score.
*Stabs Xtesh in the chest* :D

Now hold on, it isnt time to kill him because he cant do a simple thing like get the tidus sigil, here are a few pointers.......

(GET ALL THE BALLOONS!!!! You need to have 0.0 seconds!)
(Avoid those damn birds! use some moves on them.)

And if these dont work, I will shoot you in the head with a potato gun, raising the deadliness of the weapon each time you fail till I use a magnum.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 15:04:57

At 8/20/07 04:48 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: Good question. I know that my Passado sometimes does a little less than 99,999 against some of the stronger enemies in the Monster Arena (Usually like 97,000 and up against Nemesis and such), so maybe the Dark Aeons are just naturally strong in defense? Or was any spell cast?

My Passado does like 5,000. And Mindy has 255 strength.
And Tidus has max luck, yet he only does 25,000 Blitz Ace against Dark Aeons/Penance.

Maybe the Int. Version is just gay like that?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 15:25:11

At 8/20/07 03:04 PM, Nev wrote:
My Passado does like 5,000. And Mindy has 255 strength.
And Tidus has max luck, yet he only does 25,000 Blitz Ace against Dark Aeons/Penance.

Maybe the Int. Version is just gay like that?

I´m guessing the dark Aeons just have max DEF. I remember i used all my best attacks on them and barely did damage compared to other enemies.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 15:27:18

how long will final fantasy go?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 15:29:50

At 8/20/07 03:27 PM, zerosub0 wrote: how long will final fantasy go?

Eventually, they will have to think of a new name for it, I hardly classify FF 312412 as "Final"

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 15:31:20

At 8/20/07 03:27 PM, zerosub0 wrote: how long will final fantasy go?

I can't see it going longer than XX, maybe even XV.

Has any other game series gone on for so long with the need for originality each time?
I mean, its not like Mario and stuff where they can recycle the formula on each console or something.

Though naturally the FF team will grow/change and get new people with new ideas.
So who knows, maybe it'll go on a lot longer.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 15:41:34

just wondering how much tricks do they have under their sleeve

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 17:41:35

Hopefully it´ll be going on for long.....like untill we´re old men long. I´d still play it. I think it will take a very long time for them to reach XXV if they´re gonna continue with Sub FF´s and #2 FF´s for example - FFX-2 and FFXIII Versus & Agito. If they spend alot of time on these sub FF´s its gonna take a loong time to get to XXV.

I can just imagine us telling our grandchildren ´i used to play the very first FF´s when i was young´ while they´re playing through FFXXV :)