00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ReddGrits just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

iPod Club

53,645 Views | 1,136 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-05 18:07:46

At 2/5/06 09:53 AM, moonhog wrote: I'm in. Is it true that if you charge your battery before it runs out, eventually it will become really bad and have a short life?

Well I guess you are in then. Just visit back every once in a while, and don't get n00by on us. Yes that's true, but I think you can send in to Apple for a free fix if the battery life falls below 4 hours on music.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-06 16:46:24

Ok, I need a "tuned down" version of iTunes that will run on Windows ME. I went to Apple and it won't let me download anything except fo iTunes 6. If anybody knows where to get it, then post me links/URLs

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-06 18:13:47

At 2/6/06 04:46 PM, xmetallicax1 wrote: Ok, I need a "tuned down" version of iTunes that will run on Windows ME. I went to Apple and it won't let me download anything except fo iTunes 6. If anybody knows where to get it, then post me links/URLs

Try OldVersion.com, which is currently down. Outside of that you could always try Apple's FAQ section, or you could download Winamp 5 and use the classic look and install the Winamp plugin from their website that allows you to use that to update your iPod, rather than iTunes.

Google it. ;)

Buddhist's fantabulous alt account.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-07 15:51:51

At 2/6/06 06:13 PM, -Dick_Dastardly- wrote: Try OldVersion.com, which is currently down. Outside of that you could always try Apple's FAQ section, or you could download Winamp 5 and use the classic look and install the Winamp plugin from their website that allows you to use that to update your iPod, rather than iTunes.

Google it. ;)

OldVersion's link says that it got removed for legal reasons. Going to google it right now...

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-07 16:10:35

i checked out that 50 things to do with your ipod, some are pretty good like i downloaded a folder with cocktail recipies for the notes folder.

Some ideas are just lame though like "use it as a mirror".... well duh.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-07 18:39:52

At 2/7/06 04:10 PM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: Some ideas are just lame though like "use it as a mirror".... well duh.

Naw, that's not all they wanted you to do. They wanted you to use it as a mirror to create cool effects so you can take MP shots.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-08 18:53:16

At 2/7/06 04:10 PM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: i checked out that 50 things to do with your ipod, some are pretty good like i downloaded a folder with cocktail recipies for the notes folder.

Some ideas are just lame though like "use it as a mirror".... well duh.

Lewl.

Yeah, some aren't really my cup of tea but I used plenty of 'em nonetheless.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-08 19:00:37

At 2/8/06 06:53 PM, -Buddhist- wrote::

Lewl.

Yeah, some aren't really my cup of tea but I used plenty of 'em nonetheless.

Good for you. Alright, last night, I was listening to the iPod maybe watching some movies on it, you know regular stuff. Then, I got tired and turned it off without plugging it up for charging, and go to sleep.. I go for it the next day and try to turn it on. It wouldn't turn on. I turned the hold switch on and off, clicked buttons and whatnot. Then I decided to plug it in. The thing shows the Apple logo and cuts on to the exact sing Iw as listening to the night before, with an almost fully charged battery. All is well now, but I'm wondering why they do this. If you know tell me porfavor'.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 08:52:42

The iPod Video goes into "deep sleep" if it's undisturbed for 14 hours (with 4th gen iPods it's 24 hours or something). This will show the logo, but will remember where you are. This will awake by holding down the menu button for a second or putting into the charger.
As for the full battery, that's just an effect. Notice how if your battery runs dry, and you dont charge it for a day or two, it will turn on and work for a short time (5 minutes or so) before running out of battery.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 14:06:18

I'm selling my iPod Mini to a friend soon! :) yay

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 15:59:29

At 2/9/06 02:06 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I'm selling my iPod Mini to a friend soon! :) yay

Awesome! How much are you selling it for and are you getting a new one? Thanks for answering my question by the way.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 16:07:46

At 2/9/06 08:52 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: The iPod Video goes into "deep sleep" if it's undisturbed for 14 hours (with 4th gen iPods it's 24 hours or something). This will show the logo, but will remember where you are. This will awake by holding down the menu button for a second or putting into the charger.
As for the full battery, that's just an effect. Notice how if your battery runs dry, and you dont charge it for a day or two, it will turn on and work for a short time (5 minutes or so) before running out of battery.

Ace, thanks for that, I've wondered whats happened a few times. Cause when it was dodgy it would reset and i thought it'd started being dodgy again.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 16:12:21

At 2/9/06 03:59 PM, xmetallicax1 wrote:
At 2/9/06 02:06 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I'm selling my iPod Mini to a friend soon! :) yay
Awesome! How much are you selling it for and are you getting a new one? Thanks for answering my question by the way.

£65, (~$100) and I already have a 30 gig black iPod Video

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 16:56:50

Hi, i'm getting my ipod nano in like 20 minutes i hope. My moms bringing it home for me, i saved up alot of money. Are the nanos any good?

www.unseenyouth.wordpress.com, check out my blog.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 17:21:30

At 2/9/06 04:56 PM, Linkfreak15 wrote: Hi, i'm getting my ipod nano in like 20 minutes i hope. My moms bringing it home for me, i saved up alot of money. Are the nanos any good?

Yeah the Nano's are great, bu not as good as the Videos. The Nano is probably a better buy for people who just want music because you get much more for your money, but the videos are oh-so excellent on an iPod. Anyways, Nano's are nice, so have fun.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 17:30:28

thanks, um i was thinking of getting a video but eh, i just wanted the video for Feel Good inc, lol

www.unseenyouth.wordpress.com, check out my blog.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 17:33:11

At 2/9/06 04:56 PM, Linkfreak15 wrote: Are the nanos any good?

Don't put em in your back trouser pocket. EVER.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 18:08:39

At 2/9/06 05:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Don't put em in your back trouser pocket. EVER.

LOL that's happened to my friend at school before. Everyone laughed at him. It mak4es the coolest sound ever. KERRRRACK CHINK!

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 21:56:11

At 2/9/06 05:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 2/9/06 04:56 PM, Linkfreak15 wrote: Are the nanos any good?
Don't put em in your back trouser pocket. EVER.

I can rely to that. Now I know when I have an ipod in my pants just from the bulk of it but when I have the nano in there I can't feel anything at all because its so small. So I got to put my pants in the laundry. If you guessed the nano got in with the wash you are correct. So now not only must I make reparations to my parents for damaging but apparently I need a new one. Yes bleach can do that.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 23:08:26

Hehe I have heard a lot of bad things about the nano, I got my mini before the nano came out so I didnt really have to pick.

I am glad I have a mini though, I always leave things in my pockets. If I had a nano sadly it would probably be broke.

Yay for minis (_)=D.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 23:09:03

MP3 PWN YOU ALL

Well I don't have a signature so....let that be a lesson to you.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-09 23:57:34

Hey guys, i have a shuffle and recently a nano, but as usual, the battery is giving me problems, i thikn it only lasted around 4hours of play back, any ideas what should i do to make the batt last longer? i don think its the problem with my nano cuz my brother's nano's batt last very short too. Isit becuz i used usb 1.1 port? i dun have usb 2.0

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-10 11:17:36

At 2/9/06 11:57 PM, Xennethy wrote: Hey guys, i have a shuffle and recently a nano, but as usual, the battery is giving me problems, i thikn it only lasted around 4hours of play back, any ideas what should i do to make the batt last longer? i don think its the problem with my nano cuz my brother's nano's batt last very short too. Isit becuz i used usb 1.1 port? i dun have usb 2.0

Not because of that.

Turn off shuffle.
Dont skip songs.
Turn off backlight.
Find an album or artist, and listen to them. Don't listen to a 400-big playlist or something.
Dont charge the nano until its FULLY DRAINED AND HAS NO BATTERY LEFT

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-10 14:09:45

At 2/9/06 11:08 PM, Afro_sauce wrote: Hehe I have heard a lot of bad things about the nano, I got my mini before the nano came out so I didnt really have to pick.

I am glad I have a mini though, I always leave things in my pockets. If I had a nano sadly it would probably be broke.

Meh, the minis are okay but they don't have a great battery life usually.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-10 16:39:35

At 2/9/06 11:57 PM, Xennethy wrote: Hey guys, i have a shuffle and recently a nano, but as usual, the battery is giving me problems, i thikn it only lasted around 4hours of play back, any ideas what should i do to make the batt last longer? i don think its the problem with my nano cuz my brother's nano's batt last very short too. Isit becuz i used usb 1.1 port? i dun have usb 2.

Step 1- Learn to Spell
Step 2- Put your iPod on repeat and play an album until the battery is completely drained.
Step 3- Plug your iPod up to your charger.
Step 4- MONITOR THE PROGRESS. Don't let it get overcharged, or it will have an even shorter life.
Step 5- Repeat and don't overcharge it again.
If it still doesn't work then send it to Apple for a repair.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-10 23:10:12

Lol. I overcharge my iPod all the time, but I don't use the backlight that often so it stays at a good rate.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-11 03:30:34

I have a Rio Riot. It pwns your iPods

Sigs are for losers

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-11 04:10:38

Hey guys, I got a Shuffle in September and it worked fine.. until my rope snapped. And I lost the USB cap that has the flat surface and then the other cap broke. All that was left was the inside.. and then that just doesnt fit in the case.. So now, I am using a wireless internet USB cab thats pretty big.. So.. anyone know if you can get another cap?

Thankss

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-11 14:29:06

I'll join, I have a 20gig iPod photo that I recently put iPodlinux on and am now enjoying a nice movie.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-11 14:50:56