00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bam76pixon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

iPod Club

53,574 Views | 1,136 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-02 21:42:19

At 2/2/06 09:15 PM, Tiny_Brad wrote: Hey Ipod Club, I was wondering if you guys specially know how to put, or have FLASH-made games onto an ipod video? Yes, I know theres been discussions about this. (Although i didnt see anything in here) But I would like to know if anyone has any information on this. Thanks ALOT.

Well I ddoubt that there is, unless iPod Linux supports it. Other than that I don't know. iPod videos aren't supported on iPod Linux. Go ahead and gamble with your iPod if you feel like it.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-02 21:45:34

dont use ipod, or dont blare them into your ears.
a study shows that if you blast loud music into your ears will ultimatly result in hearing loss. many people blame ipods and those anoying mini headphones the go into your ear.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-02 22:29:50

K finally, links.

50 cool things to do with your iPod
piPod, to find good NYC Pizza
iPods in The Mirror Project
iPod "Hacks" on HackADay.com
iPodWizard
The iPodWizard Wiki
Making a 300GB+ iPod Super
iPodLinux
iPodLinux Wiki
Giving your iPod a Brushed Metal look
PodTender, holds over 900 drink recipies right on your iPod
Get famous American speeches.
How to accurately determine your battery life, according to Apple.
Links to all the current iPod Updaters
iPodWizard Forum for iPod Themes, Strings, Fonts, and Graphics. That's where I got the majority of my graphics. I'll prolly fool around with my iPod while i'm on my suspension.

Tomorrow (or when I can), i'll be making a thread in the Wi/Ht? forum on how to open up your iPod without damaging it, with pictures and accurate descriptions, as done by me with my 4th-gen iPod. I'll link you to it when I finish.

I also want to take this post to plug the great audio site, Last.fm. With this site, you just sign up and install the AudioScrobbler plugin for your media player of choice (iTunes, Winamp, WMP, RealPlayer, JetAudio, etc.). And so when you play music on your computer using that media player, it will transmit what you're playing to your Last.fm page for others to see. For example, here is my Last.fm user page. You can also get sigs and website buttons. I use the sig on phpBB forums.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-02 22:36:21

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-03 05:34:56

All of those links are very helpful. Thanks.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-03 12:02:02

At 2/2/06 09:45 PM, rioross wrote: dont use ipod, or dont blare them into your ears.
a study shows that if you blast loud music into your ears will ultimatly result in hearing loss. many people blame ipods and those anoying mini headphones the go into your ear.

TURN THE FUCKING VOLUME DOWN THEN.

I think its piss poor that people blame iPods. Listening to an iPod on full volume is just the same as a CD player, a Hi-Fi, a Sony Walkman, an I-River, or standing next to an areoplane.

buddhist wrote:
awesome posts

Awesome posts buddhist.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-03 16:02:15

At 2/2/06 10:29 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: K finally, links.

OMG!! Someone did their homework. All of those were excellent links. Thanks a lot. Keep 'em coming, I'll be visiting you Wi/Ht forum soon.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-03 16:48:24

At 2/3/06 04:02 PM, xmetallicax1 wrote:
OMG!! Someone did their homework. All of those were excellent links. Thanks a lot. Keep 'em coming, I'll be visiting you Wi/Ht forum soon.

Fuckin nano!Biz atch!!!

iPod Club

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-03 16:55:36

At 2/3/06 04:48 PM, TomorowsNobodys wrote:
At 2/3/06 04:02 PM, xmetallicax1 wrote:
Fuckin nano!Biz atch!!!

What the freak are you posting here for? That's just spam. What does GTA have to do with iPods? Leave NOW

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-03 22:00:09

No problem.

I've tried the majority of them, except for iPodLinux, Podtender, The Mirror Project iPod, and making a 300GB iPod Super.

They all are great, but don't bother with euPod PRO unless you have a Euro iPod because it doesn't make a difference.

GoPod > euPod, imo.

Anyway, i'll be checking in.

*tips hat*

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-03 23:57:31

I took apart my old broken iPOD today! Since im getting a video one soon!
Its pretty boring actually. There was some wierd ass blue rubber sticky crap in it, like in the shape of a rectangle with some identations and extrusions on it...not sure what it was. I found the harddrive. Which is relaly then and about the height of the ipod.
After some pulling, ripping, and unscrewing I got the harddrive open. It has a little silver disc in it, thats the only piece I kept.

Thats about it!
Anyone else every taken one of their broken ones apart?

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 01:20:26

I should take mine apart.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 02:54:57

At 2/4/06 01:20 AM, LATISHA wrote: I should take mine apart.

yeah....its fun.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 14:21:22

At 2/4/06 01:20 AM, LATISHA wrote: I should take mine apart.

As soon as I complete my thread in Wi/Ht? you can follow that if you'd like.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 14:48:13

Ok if you open up the iPod does it void the warranty? If not, I want to try it with my video.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 14:54:30

At 2/4/06 02:48 PM, xmetallicax1 wrote: Ok if you open up the iPod does it void the warranty? If not, I want to try it with my video.

http://www.newground../topic.php?id=426714

Read and follow, i'm still writing up.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 14:57:36

At 2/4/06 02:54 PM, -Buddhist- wrote:
At 2/4/06 02:48 PM, xmetallicax1 wrote: Ok if you open up the iPod does it void the warranty? If not, I want to try it with my video.
http://www.newground../topic.php?id=426714

Read and follow, i'm still writing up.

Ok. Thanks.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 15:34:18

At 2/4/06 02:54 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: Read and follow, i'm still writing up.

Ok then in bold lettering. Mine's not even supported for that though :-/ Good thread for pre-5th gen though.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 15:36:09

At 2/4/06 03:34 PM, xmetallicax1 wrote:
At 2/4/06 02:54 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: Read and follow, i'm still writing up.
Ok then in bold lettering. Mine's not even supported for that though :-/ Good thread for pre-5th gen though.

5th gen opens up the same way but because it uses flash memory and is much more delicate, it's more dangerous, which is why i don't suggest doing it.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 16:26:20

At 2/4/06 03:36 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: 5th gen opens up the same way but because it uses flash memory and is much more delicate, it's more dangerous, which is why i don't suggest doing it.

Yeah that's probably a good idea. Not smart to ruin a $299.99 iPod just for curiosity...

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 16:55:32

At 2/4/06 03:36 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: 5th gen opens up the same way but because it uses flash memory and is much more delicate, it's more dangerous, which is why i don't suggest doing it.

5th gen doesn't always use flash memory, 5th gen encompasses both the Nano and the Video. The iPod Video certainly doesn't use flash memory, I can hear it whirring away all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 19:34:19

Mine was broken, so I dont know. I was getting a new one anyways.

About the how to thread.
I didnt do any of that actually. I bent the ipod pretty hard which popped it off.
Then I tored the cushioning off, and broken the hard drive case in half. Took out the disc.
Kept it cause it looked cool, threw the reas away.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 20:22:12

Yes, it does. Don't do it. Besides, the iPod Video looks very boring, once you've opened it up (removed the shiny back) there's just a big metal chunk there which is the hard drive. I saw pics on the internet, I'll see if I can find em agian.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 21:00:55

At 2/4/06 08:22 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
Yes, it does. Don't do it. Besides, the iPod Video looks very boring, once you've opened it up (removed the shiny back) there's just a big metal chunk there which is the hard drive. I saw pics on the internet, I'll see if I can find em agian.

I found a forum post with 19 pictures of the inside of it...

Here it is!
This was my faviroute one of the ones on there.

iPod Club

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-04 22:29:28

At 2/4/06 04:55 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: 5th gen doesn't always use flash memory, 5th gen encompasses both the Nano and the Video. The iPod Video certainly doesn't use flash memory, I can hear it whirring away all the time.

When you hear it whirring, especially when you're trying to play videos, does your iPod temporarily freeze up (no more than a couple of seconds)? I would imagine that it's just loading, but I want to be sure.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-05 06:34:08

At 2/4/06 10:29 PM, xmetallicax1 wrote: When you hear it whirring, especially when you're trying to play videos, does your iPod temporarily freeze up (no more than a couple of seconds)? I would imagine that it's just loading, but I want to be sure.

Yes, that's normal. It's just trying to find the file. It also takes longer to load if the song has album art.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-05 09:53:52

I'm in. Is it true that if you charge your battery before it runs out, eventually it will become really bad and have a short life?

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-05 14:00:46

At 2/5/06 09:53 AM, moonhog wrote: I'm in. Is it true that if you charge your battery before it runs out, eventually it will become really bad and have a short life?

Yeah sorta...Ive heard that if you charge your battery and leave it on the charger after its finished recharging it will be overcharged. And it will cut off after only like 45 mins. Then you can turn it back on and it repeats the same thing.
Its happend to me before like that anyways.

And no one said anything about the forum post I found!

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-05 15:12:36

At 2/5/06 02:00 PM, -blackout- wrote:
At 2/5/06 09:53 AM, moonhog wrote: I'm in. Is it true that if you charge your battery before it runs out, eventually it will become really bad and have a short life?
Yeah sorta...Ive heard that if you charge your battery and leave it on the charger after its finished recharging it will be overcharged. And it will cut off after only like 45 mins. Then you can turn it back on and it repeats the same thing.
Its happend to me before like that anyways.

And no one said anything about the forum post I found!

but like i said a few pages back its not the end of the world if your battery stops working and your pod isn't under warranty. Buy a new battery forĀ£10 and fit it yourself.

Response to iPod Club 2006-02-05 16:12:40

Yes. My iPod mini used to last only 1 hour, after 3 months from brand new. Why? Because every afternoon I'd put it on charge. That lead to its downfall.

BBS Signature