00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blozeoff just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Forum Cleanup

21,377 Views | 346 Replies

Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 17:01:33

This thread is mainly directed to the Audio Frequenters, or anyone who might have at least some knowledge about this part of the site. Noone is being shut out, but its mainly relevant to the frequenters

We have seen loads of spamming, newbie-threads, and newbie-flaming wars in this forum. I for one is getting sick and tired of it. Threads are getting locked, but sometimes it takes a while because there are more or less only two active audio mods (Denvish and Proteas).
Anyway, newbie threads sometimes grows to more than two pages (!) from flaming and whatever the creative mass of the Audio Freuenters might come up with. This is annoying, and actually helps the topic starter to get attention (towards their music, in some cases), wich simply is not fair towards all the frequenters who work their assess of just to get a little bit of reckognition. Biting yer own arse by doing this, simply...

Instead of being part of the problem, as an Audio Frequenter, please help cleaning up and making a difference instead. There will allways be n00bs, but if we scare them away by flaming, the audio community here on NG will take longer to grow. And the fewer people we are, the less chanse are there that improvements will be made in this part of NG.

- So, what can be done from us users to help cleaning this forum up then?

- Well, actually, if everyone just read the forum rules and the audio sticky we´d be all fine, and we´d have rainbows and fuzzy white bunnies in the forum. But since that´s not the case, unfortunatley, here is the purpose and rules of this thread;

1.When you see a typical noob-thread, like someone asking for "the best audio-program", or someone new advertising their music in separate threads, just reply ONCE with a proper link. If the thread has been replyed to allready, please LEAVE THE THREAD ALONE, and let it die/get locked.

2.When you have done this, go to this thread and post a link to the subject thread. The point of doing this is so the forum mods can go to this thread and simply check out what threads aren´t according to the rules/have been answered to.

3.Preferably nothing else than links to "bad threads" should be posted in this thread. If you feel like discussing about the subjects in this thread, please go to The Audio Forum Lounge or Audio Joint. At least keep it relevant towards the subject!

IMPORTANT NOTE; This is NOT an oppurtunity for "backseat modding". Links in here should only be for the standard threads that gets repeated over and over again (mainly n00b threads...), or the likes. Use your common sense here. This is also the reason why this thread is mainly directed to Audio Forum Frequenters, you guys know the rules very well, and most importantly, what threads usually gets repeated and are only annyoing.
Unrelevant posts/links will be deleted.
When thinking again, all of the above is really in the

Forum Fules!

This thread has been approved of by Denvish, and will most likley get locked if it gets too messed up with, or if it simply won´t work.
If that happens, that will sadly only prove that the audio section contribute with little to the Newgrounds community in general.

Finally, I´d like to link to this news thread, in case anyone missed the audio related news in there. That´s the next improvement to be done in our beloved Audio Portal!

Happy hunting! :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 17:08:52

Great idea, Rucklo!

I'll be sure to help out.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 17:11:07

Can we still use the horribly patronising images directing people to the correct threads? It just wouldnt be the same witout the 'OMFG STICKY' gif...

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 17:13:45

I agree. I may be a newbie to the audio forum, but I think a lot of the newbie-related threads (like "I need an audio program") can be solved very easily by posting a link to the Audio Sticky and just leaving it at that. Nothing else is needed, except for maybe a reccomendation.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 17:16:26

1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 of the most recent threads.

The first post is the most helpful, if it lacks a flare, then suddenly everyone else feels responsible to make it a nice reply. Then it goes into momentary conversation and then spam.

Khuskan, a lot of people are influenced by you, so wherever you post, they will too. You give them the attention they want. Slowly turning the audio forum into the general forum.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 17:18:13

or this.

This anigif is part of audio forum heratige, its been here longer than most of the current regulars have. Not only are they much more recognisable than a simple flame post, the image of them imprints on the mind of the newer people, meaning they are more likely to... remember it in future, rather than saying nothing at all.

Audio Forum Cleanup

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 17:24:43

At 1/3/06 05:16 PM, Erkie wrote: Khuskan, a lot of people are influenced by you, so wherever you post, they will too. You give them the attention they want. Slowly turning the audio forum into the general forum.

Holy crap, you're right.

Great, now its my fault.

Well, the problem with noobs has been getting worse over the last few weeks, and it has been making the forums more active, which is sort of a blessing in disguise.

To be honest, i'll put the blame on the fact of any other threads to post in. The regulars have a good grasp of the rules and try to limit it to things as the rule says, music creation and production, but there are only so many times we can say what software we use.

I'll stop posting barely related, contextualy comical posts in them.. save that for the threads where its more acceptable, and I think its a good idea if people follow that example.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 17:40:07

At 1/3/06 05:24 PM, Khuskan wrote:
I'll stop posting barely related, contextualy comical posts in them.. save that for the threads where its more acceptable, and I think its a good idea if people follow that example.

Things like that can be fun, indeed, images and whatever makes one smile once in a while. Personally i dont care how flaiming and arrogant ppl are towards n00bs, but the problem remains, that ppl wont take the audio-frequenters seriously, since allmost everyone is fucking with the new ones. And thus this little community wont grow, and we will stay powerless of what´s going on in this side of NG.

And, with the risk of sounding arrogant here, please read what this thread is about again. One of the thread rules clearly states that if you would like to discuss the context of this thread, please go to the audio forum, or the lounge audio joint.
All threads posted so far (including thisone :) are subject of being deleted. There could be a creation for "audio frequenters" thread, but really, thats what the audio forum lounge and the audio joint is there for.

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 18:02:04

At 1/3/06 05:18 PM, Khuskan wrote: or this.

This anigif is part of audio forum heratige, its been here longer than most of the current regulars have. Not only are they much more recognisable than a simple flame post, the image of them imprints on the mind of the newer people, meaning they are more likely to... remember it in future, rather than saying nothing at all.

I made that gif, and a similar one for the Flash forum sticky, shortly after the AF was created. It was never intended to be used for every single n00b thread, but yeah, there are times when it makes sense to post it. Just don't go overboard... and if you're going to post an image, try to add some constructive advice at the same time.

I don't honestly know whether this thread will make any difference, but I think it's worth a try, and kudos to Rucklo for attempting to make the AF a better place. I know I'm not around in here as much as I should be, but I will be being a bit stricter on the regs in here from now on - specifically for flaming, trolling, and irrelevant spam (GoreBastard is currently on vacation for his drunken antics and thread derailment).

If you feel you must make light-hearted remarks, and non-music-related discussion, try to keep it to the Lounge. That's the reason it was created. It's a place to chat, and the BBS rules are a little more relaxed in there - although you'll still get banned for goatse or posting simply to raise postcount. For the rest of threads, always try to be as constructive and helpful as possible. If you can't bring anything new to the table, or have the urge to flame, then don't post. Simple as that.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-03 18:05:28

Just trying out to see if this idea works out :)
this thread have been answered to twise, and even with a link :O
Its a very common subject in this forum, thats why i link it here.

wee, i do as the thread told me to do :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-04 10:12:23

answered and done.
And a little rough too, in some parts :(

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-04 13:02:27

At 1/3/06 06:02 PM, Denvish wrote: I made that gif

So it was you!

You, sir, are a legend.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-04 23:45:09

I am more than willing to aid in your efforts. It's nice to see some organization.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 09:09:39

Ah, a most desirable ideal. Let us away!

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 11:44:25

I was bored so I made this pic in hopes of getting attention what you guy's think of it should we use it?

Audio Forum Cleanup

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 12:37:21

Nice one, piepie. Attractive, explanitory and eye-catching. Purrrrfect.

Shame it cant lock the threads to be honest.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 13:34:27

hey Denvish this wont do

Speedcore Fucking Power

Damn Khuskan you beat me by like 30 seconds in that thread...

We did a tag team double play though lol

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 13:51:22

Denvish or Proteas or wtv

this one too

Join the Drum and Bass Movement

also to that guy above me, just stop you are just embarrassing yourself

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 14:09:23

Khuskan is our foreign relations. As he made our guest laugh and wasn't violently stabbed.

We need to make another thread, and focus all our sign ideas into it, I think if we popped out many signs a day, we could pick the best by the end of the week. Then people with no sign making abilities can offer ideas.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 14:21:20

At 1/5/06 02:09 PM, Erkie wrote: We need to make another thread, and focus all our sign ideas into it

Signs?? Signs?? You mean like this one:

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 14:23:22

At 1/5/06 02:09 PM, Erkie wrote: Khuskan is our foreign relations.

No, www.freetranslation.com is our foreign relations.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 14:24:09

Woot! Triple post !! Maybe the file will be here now...

Audio Forum Cleanup

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 15:12:14

Should a thread like this be reported in here? Or am i too strict?

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 15:29:53

I think its awsome that yuo guys seem to take this thread, or well, the spamming and all that stuff in a creative way, but to be honest, this thread wasnt supposed to be the chatroom for stuff like that... thats why there are links ´to the audio lounge and joint...

Main purpose is filled allready, a little awakening from the frequenters and some engagement, against the flaming/rudeness and spamming, wich is really awsome.

But this thread, other than "awakening" had the purpose to serve for the active (and the once-in-a-while audio mods) so they more easily can find what threads that have been created 10000000 times before by a different user, and lock them. This thread is not for "backseatmodding", remember taht. That stuff can get one banned, and this thread locked. :O

But anyway, perhaps its better this way to keep it up like this? well see where this thread goes, i guess :)

That pic is nice, btw. Im at a modem at my parents here, so i cant go back n forth to give u critic on it, but its really good to have a clear pic taht we all can use when someone is noob-tripping in the audio forum, if u know what i mean :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 16:26:55

At 1/5/06 11:44 AM, PiePie wrote: I was bored so I made this pic in hopes of getting attention what you guy's think of it should we use it?

Oooh... Awesome. I love it.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 17:27:24

At 1/5/06 03:12 PM, Techno_7 wrote: Should a thread like this be reported in here? Or am i too strict?

No, that's fine. I generally lock topics in General or wherever that belong in a different forum such as Flash, Programming or Wi/Ht.

At 1/5/06 03:29 PM, Rucklo wrote: But this thread, other than "awakening" had the purpose to serve for the active (and the once-in-a-while audio mods) so they more easily can find what threads that have been created 10000000 times before by a different user, and lock them. This thread is not for "backseatmodding", remember taht. That stuff can get one banned, and this thread locked. :O

I just deleted a load of irrelevant crap in this thread. I also cleared up (ie locked or deleted) the linked threads. Keep 'em coming.
With regards to the images: don't overuse them

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 17:51:37

maybe this will stop the threads about fruity loops 6 and how people love paragonx9 lol

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 21:48:03

Doubt it.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 22:00:45

sure

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-01-05 22:58:16

I absolutly love how your saying this Rucklo... IT sounds like the pros need to start a rebellion against the noobs.

I agree with it, but it just sounds cool and I feel like I am in a movie.