00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Forum Cleanup

21,348 Views | 346 Replies

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-22 04:55:15

At 4/21/06 09:24 PM, Rucklo wrote: CHECK DIS YO.

All dealt with except for that Rap Crew, since it's outside my 7-day window. Mods can only lock/delete threads less than a week old.

I've always steered clear of this forum since I was never confident about what should and shouldn't be able to stick around. This thread makes it a whole lot easier. I've bookmarked it and plan to check in occasionally. Hopefully I can help you guys out a bit.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-22 05:02:49

At 4/22/06 04:55 AM, FIGMENTUM wrote:
All dealt with except for that Rap Crew, since it's outside my 7-day window. Mods can only lock/delete threads less than a week old.

Oh, so it´s true then. I thought that was just some internal mod-rule or something :/

I've always steered clear of this forum since I was never confident about what should and shouldn't be able to stick around. This thread makes it a whole lot easier. I've bookmarked it and plan to check in occasionally. Hopefully I can help you guys out a bit.

Just don´t belive everything you read :) Most reports here are quite accurate though. But lurking this thread and checking some links should give you a descent idea of what´s common bullshit around here.
Welcome back :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-23 08:56:23

Favorite band thread...

Self advert.

Fairly pointless ParagonX9 thread, paragonx9 threads usually turns into rubbish, flaming, hating and so on. Not 100% sure bout lockage value on thisone, i think its high.

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-23 10:36:58

Christ, some asshole´s on a n00b-alt rampage...

Idiot post with no point

probably a little "fun" copy of an earlier paragon post.... This guy is probably an alt and hes a wimp.

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-24 17:33:16

At 4/22/06 04:55 AM, FIGMENTUM wrote:

HAI FIGGY, thanks for taking up the slack, my BBS activity has dwindled to virtually nothing and isn't likely to get better any time soon. Basically self-ad threads can be deleted on sight, as can 'favourite band/song' threads. Anything else, judge it for yourself - 80%-90% of the stuff linked usually deserves a lock/delete.

The audio bunch are a good laugh once you get to know them a bit =) although they do have a tendency to turn good threads into chat about buttsecks...

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-24 17:37:59

This guy decided to post his own rap. But, with the way things are going, I think I may have turned it towards becoming a flame war. :P

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-25 14:12:06

Is this ParagonX9 week????? there´ve been three threads like this this week :O

Isnt this what the lounge and joint are there for? joint at least?

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-25 14:18:40

At 4/25/06 02:12 PM, Rucklo wrote: Is this ParagonX9 week????? there´ve been three threads like this this week :O

Oh Jesus Christ, I feel like a lab rat.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-25 15:08:02

You're just a guest to the Audio Forum, because you have very low experience.

Guest turns to Newb, Newb turns to Laughman, Laughman turns to Smarty pants, smarty pants turns to Regular. Regulars turns to GOD ALMIGHTY.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-25 15:34:24

I have cleaned up the threads requsted or am doing so now.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-25 15:35:16

At 4/25/06 02:18 PM, Tekcos wrote:
At 4/25/06 02:12 PM, Rucklo wrote: Is this ParagonX9 week????? there´ve been three threads like this this week :O

Oh Jesus Christ, I feel like a lab rat.

No worries, man. This thread exists because we (the audio frequenters) are fairly tired of "n00b threads", like "omg chekkc my audio", "how do i make cool musick?" and the likes, mostly ppl that cant seem to observe the stickies. It makes it more easy for the mods to keep things in order, and no thread is locked until it´s locked, you know :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-25 15:52:09

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-27 17:24:58

AParagonX9 flaming topic, totally unnessecary and worthless.

Topics like this just brings out the worst in people... It´s an unnessecary point by some random angry guy...

Answered to a certain amount, created since his first thread is currently un-replied to. Duplicate stuff bla bla blargh...

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-28 12:38:57

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-04-30 15:59:02

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-01 15:46:12

At 4/29/06 02:08 AM, BadReligionSkater wrote: I've taken care of any outstanding issues.

Yay.

I don't see any reason why I can't make an effert to check in daily at the very least, if for nothing more than to clean up, which shouldn't be too difficult a task given the fact that I am now aware of the existence of this thread.

Yay.

Have a nice weekend.

Yay.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-04 11:54:30

answered and directed to the sticky

What bands do you like? belongs in general... if even there...

directed to the correct "FL questions" link and also an answer to the question.

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-06 18:59:28

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-07 04:09:03

Just an everydayspam topic.

3x poster in own thread ends with "nevermind". I agree. :)

my aim screen name is MolotovGlock this guy says and look at the thread turning spamly sooo fast O_o :)

answered and done , promotional thread.

Another promotional thread, about VGmusic.com

Yet another advirtisiement thread

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-07 07:22:34

Idiot trying to be funny, failing.
Spamming up the forums, saying "Hello I am new, you are all gay" thing.

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-08 01:59:37

At 5/8/06 01:58 AM, CptnJarrrrrydn wrote: http://newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=482

Ermmm...what I MEANT to say was

*sigh*

:P

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-08 09:18:00

Answered and done.

There´s need for people to discuss this, but at least I am getting tired of the "AP voting aint fair" threads.

Here´s another one, but thisone actually gives out a wellknown bug so that you can "cheat" the dl amount. Many people know about this, but it´s not nessecary to shout it out to all the eventual trolls out there. Getting "un-deserved" dl amounts is more irritating than getting your own songs zeroed. I hope this thread gets deleted. >:(

Zero-voting thread. Yawn.

Birght Idea thread. Directed to the NG Evolution thread.

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-08 13:51:57

At 5/8/06 09:18 AM, Rucklo wrote: Answered and done.

HOLY SHIT WOW. I'm fucking sick of people asking that topics be deleted in this so called "clean up" section. Some of you spend more time bitching about what can be discussed where instead of actually discussing. I think all the "THIS COULD BE POSTED HERE" commits should result in a ban. It's the fucking moderator’s job to decide. The Audio Section is only 7 pages long and if simple things are deleted like my reply to the guy asking if his audio should be submitted at mp3 or wma, then that question will just come up again and it also eliminates the purpose of the search bar.

This especially pisses me off. I was reading a topic called "WTF" that was made last night. It was a very interesting and important and now it's just gone! If I make a topic and some asshole replies with "this should be posted here" I WILL FIND YOU AND CUT YOU.

It's like having a Form section with several sub sections in it. THERE ARE RETARDS ON NEWGROUNDS THAT WILL ALWAYS MAKE RETARDED TOPICS. When this happens, you DO NOT reply in it so it dies off and you let the moderators decide if its going to get deleted or locked.

errr... I really was looking forward to reading that topic this morning...

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-08 14:29:40

At 5/8/06 01:51 PM, Tekcos wrote:
At 5/8/06 09:18 AM, Rucklo wrote: Answered and done.
HOLY SHIT WOW. I'm fucking sick of people asking that topics be deleted in this so called "clean up" section. Some of you spend more time bitching about what can be discussed where instead of actually discussing. I think all the "THIS COULD BE POSTED HERE" commits should result in a ban. It's the fucking moderator’s job to decide. The Audio Section is only 7 pages long and if simple things are deleted like my reply to the guy asking if his audio should be submitted at mp3 or wma, then that question will just come up again and it also eliminates the purpose of the search bar.

This especially pisses me off. I was reading a topic called "WTF" that was made last night. It was a very interesting and important and now it's just gone! If I make a topic and some asshole replies with "this should be posted here" I WILL FIND YOU AND CUT YOU.

It's like having a Form section with several sub sections in it. THERE ARE RETARDS ON NEWGROUNDS THAT WILL ALWAYS MAKE RETARDED TOPICS. When this happens, you DO NOT reply in it so it dies off and you let the moderators decide if its going to get deleted or locked.

errr... I really was looking forward to reading that topic this morning...

First of all, i think you should read the first post in this thread. It perfectly explains the reason for this thread, and why it is created in the first place.
That topic got locked up because you gave the guy a perfectly good answer, and nothing else was needed in there. If you were waiting for a "thank you", aim sure the guy is greatful. Ppl usually are when they get help, especially after they request it.

So, topics that can be answered by the sticky, or is something frequenters get sick and tired of since the same subject pops up over and over again, gets nominated for lockship/deletion. You probably haven´t been around that long in the AF, I would like to claim that this forum is waaay much cleaner after this thread started. The point isnt actually to point out to moderators that "this and that" topic should be locked, but to arise an awareness from the frequenters, let them take some responsibility, trying to make the audio forum a better place.
This forum had very few mods visiting it for a while, and it was spammed up pretty bad. And noobflaming... man it was really fun to read, but we cant really expect the NG staff to take the audio community seriously when things like that is going on... And if they dont take it seriously, then there will be less changes and improvement in the AP. We want it to be better, right?

The "n00b" questions pops up over and over again, and until everyone who wnats to enter the forum is forced to read the sticky and the BBS rules, they will keep popping up. But do we really want those topics turning into spam? belive me, they do quite easily. Do we want them topics to pop up again after being resting in the abyss for a year? If the thread gets locked, there´s no stopping you actually LINKING to the locked thread, if a similiar thread would show up.

I hope you can get to understand what this is all about, and why that topic was nominated for lockage.
And as a matter of fact, noone here has any "power" other than actually showing the threads for the mods, so they can decide what should stay and what should not. However, AF regulars have quite unique knowledge of what threads really should be locked. This is apparently helping the moderators. I have sent e-mails to some mods when i´ve seen them online, and there´s alot to clean up. The responce for this thread have been quite positive from them. Also, it appears Denvish also is positive, since it means that he doesn´t have to do all the AF modding himself wich used to be the case, more or less...

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-08 15:07:01

At 5/8/06 02:29 PM, Rucklo wrote:
First of all, i think you should read the first post in this thread. It perfectly explains the reason for this thread, and why it is created in the first place.
That topic got locked up because you gave the guy a perfectly good answer, and nothing else was needed in there. If you were waiting for a "thank you", aim sure the guy is greatful. Ppl usually are when they get help, especially after they request it.

I did read the first page thank you very much. Yeah, good job, you worded it nicely. I wasn’t bitching about topics getting lock, more like topics getting completely deleted. I was giving an example that if it was deleted then no one could search that topic if they had the same question. Not waiting for a “thx” you prick.

Subjects will always pop up over and over again, especially if the topics keep getting deleted. It’s just too fucking bad if you don’t like it, that’s why there is moderators and they can take care of that on their own time. You are an ass to assume that I haven’t been around long or am “new” to the AF. Actually, if you look at this post, you can see that I had requested an AF section in 2004 BEFORE ONE EVEN EXISTED.
http://newgrounds.co../topic.php?id=201939

I have made completely legit topics that have been deleted because of this “Clean up” section or because someone posted “This should be in the 93 page long topic called Audio Joint”. It’s like going into the General section and making a “Official Photoshop” topic then telling everyone (that posts a new picture asking to be photoshoped) that there topic should/could be placed in the Photoshop thread.

If the Newgrounds staff or moderators don’t take the AP or AF seriously, then it’s fucked anyways in the long run, no matter how much you post in the AJ or “Clean up” section. If you want to make a change then send Tom, Wade, LJ e-mails. If you gathered enough people to do so they would make a change, like having a moderator that is dedicated strictly to the AF only.

I thought the AF was fine in the first place, now it’s just irritating. You also did not answer my question about the “WTF” topic. If you are such a regular, you know what topic I’m talking about…

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-08 15:20:39

ahh nothing better than a good ol' spring cleaning!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-08 15:28:59

At 5/8/06 03:20 PM, TJA wrote: ahh nothing better than a good ol' spring cleaning!!!

Irrelevant!!! Spam!!! LOCK THIS TOPIC!!!

</sarcasm>

Response to Audio Forum Cleanup 2006-05-08 16:02:22

At 5/8/06 03:07 PM, Tekcos wrote:
I did read the first page thank you very much. Yeah, good job, you worded it nicely. I wasn’t bitching about topics getting lock, more like topics getting completely deleted. I was giving an example that if it was deleted then no one could search that topic if they had the same question.

I would suspect that if a thread gets deleted, there´s a perfectly good reason about that. Actually, this question you should rather direct to a moderator. However, i can make a few guesess. For deletion I would guess that;

A) The thread in question is so common, there are miillion other threads just like that one and therefore it gets deleted. It´s not interesting for anyone to read it. If it is a question, it most likley have been answered, and it´s 6/10 the answer lies within the sticky.

B) The thread in question breaks any of the BBS rules at such a degree, the moderator who takes care of it makes the judgement that it shouldn´t be on the site at all.

Not waiting for a “thx” you prick.

Ok then, I was reffering to what you at first quoted in your first post. That´s how I figured some of your frustration would come from (I really couldnt understand why othervice, you gave the guy an answer, and the thread got locked). No need to be calling names.

Subjects will always pop up over and over again, especially if the topics keep getting deleted. It’s just too fucking bad if you don’t like it, that’s why there is moderators and they can take care of that on their own time.

You must have missed one of the points about this thread somehow. Yes, there are moderators, no, a few months ago allmost noone visited the Audio Forum. Ask anyone who was active around last fall (a couple of months beffore the creation of this thread) and you´ll get the same answer. Hence the creation of this thread, to make it easier for the modators to see what might be suitable for lockage/deletion.

What I didn´t like was that the Audio Forum kept getting spammed up.

You are an ass to assume that I haven’t been around long or am “new” to the AF. Actually, if you look at this post, you can see that I had requested an AF section in 2004 BEFORE ONE EVEN EXISTED.

http://newgrounds.co../topic.php?id=201939

I do realise that you´ve been around in NG for a long time, you signed up before me, and good on you for suggesting an audio forum. it was a good idea, and it happened.
I assumed you were new to the AF, because it seemed that you´re unaware of how things are/were in the Audio Forum. Terribly sorry if you took any offence from me assuming that.

I have made completely legit topics that have been deleted because of this “Clean up” section or because someone posted “This should be in the 93 page long topic called Audio Joint”.

Again, don´t you think that the moderators are capable of making clear and well balanced suggestions for themselves? do you think this thread somehow chanted them into deleting your threads? There are rules of wich everyone follows. If someone who´s been around in the AF MORE than yourself, I belive you should follow that persons suggestion. Perhaps you were actually wrong in the first place? Well, your thread did get deleted by a moderator, so I can´t think of anything else, to be honest.

It’s like going into the General section and making a “Official Photoshop” topic then telling everyone (that posts a new picture asking to be photoshoped) that there topic should/could be placed in the Photoshop thread.

Again, now you make it clear that you really haven´t been around in t he AF that much. There is no way you can compare the AF with the General forum. For one, moderators are ALOT more slack in this forum, and allows a whole lot more than in the other ones.

AF gets the fewest visitors, and the ones who are here are quite tight and familiar with one another. The threads that mostly gets deleted I again would suspect are "n00b threads", wich usually have the answer in the sticky. "N00b questions" gets fairly annoying, and i´ve seen many n00bs being scared away, because ppl have flamed them to death for them asking "stupid" questions.

If anyone makes a question about for example Fruity Loops, they will be directed to the official FL thread. Usually moderators lock topics like that. I can only assume that the main reason for that is because it´s much better to have all the questioins gathered up in one single thread, instead of spread out in numerous different ones. Also, perhaps the question allready have been answered before? Lurking through a couple of pages of Q and A might even show itself to be educational. There´s nothing wrong with that.

If the Newgrounds staff or moderators don’t take the AP or AF seriously, then it’s fucked anyways in the long run, no matter how much you post in the AJ or “Clean up” section. If you want to make a change then send Tom, Wade, LJ e-mails. If you gathered enough people to do so they would make a change, like having a moderator that is dedicated strictly to the AF only.

Well, I am. I am trying to make a difference. I have e-mailed Tom with ideas, I have had a couple of dialouges with Denvish (as you probably are aware, the most dedicated audio forum mod) over e-mail (the creatin of this thread, amongst other) and I have things going on, with the help of other AF regulars.
One step is, like i´ve mentioned 1000 times, to keep this forum clean. If it´s spammed up and un-organized, then we will have LESS power trying to make a difference.
That in no way mean that the NG staff don´t take the AF/AP seriosuly, it´s just such a small part of NG, so it´s not worth the effort making it better, most likley. At least not at the moment. We will see when time is right... There are many good plans for the AP I would suspect, but there´s apparently no time to do it.

end part 1

Wakka wakka