00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AdamPhoebe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,021,375 Views | 60,857 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 17:18:48

At 3/3/08 05:04 PM, atomspliter wrote: may i join? i've been getting a lot of b/p points lately.

salute

You gotta up them stats a lil more to join, but good luck and I hope you make it into the Barracks soon.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 18:44:36

Sorry I'm a bit late, but Pancakes that site looks fabulous! I'd change very little from it, but I do have some suggestions:

Casualty, would it be a problem for you if you made an auto DEFCON checker for the upcoming site? Like Portal Guard, it would check the current number of flashes at the Portal for each 15 minutes (just a random number, we have to discuss it) and then change the DEFCON according to the number of flashes (which we also have to discuss for each DEFCON level). I think it would be a great idea.

I really liked the buttons, they remind me from last year's April Fools joke.

I have a doubt: who will be able to make the posts in the front page?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 19:50:05

At 3/3/08 06:44 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Sorry I'm a bit late, but Pancakes that site looks fabulous! I'd change very little from it, but I do have some suggestions:

Casualty, would it be a problem for you if you made an auto DEFCON checker for the upcoming site? Like Portal Guard, it would check the current number of flashes at the Portal for each 15 minutes (just a random number, we have to discuss it) and then change the DEFCON according to the number of flashes (which we also have to discuss for each DEFCON level). I think it would be a great idea.

That is a good idea, but I think it would be better to use a certain formula and draw a rate. So for example, if there is an average of 23.34 submissions being submitted every 15 minutes, then the Defcon level would be 3. Of course there should also be a range of rates per Defcon level. Cool idea though.

I really liked the buttons, they remind me from last year's April Fools joke.

There is most likely be "access levels" and that certain people like EagleRock and SlashFirestorm will have the ability to post front-page news. Right now I'm tinkering with a blue/silver theme.

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 03:51:11

Hey PossiblePancakes, can we still make a character for your flash?

please tell me as soon as you... I'm sorry I couldn't reply earlier, but my computer was down :(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 15:18:27

At 3/4/08 03:51 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Hey PossiblePancakes, can we still make a character for your flash?

please tell me as soon as you... I'm sorry I couldn't reply earlier, but my computer was down :(

Since the whole movie is in script mode still, go ahead. Just please PM me your information as soon as possible. =)

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 15:46:25

At 3/4/08 03:18 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Since the whole movie is in script mode still, go ahead. Just please PM me your information as soon as possible. =)

Is there an ETA yet for this work of flash mastery?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 18:18:48

Sir i sure this is stolen http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 8481 from here http://svt.se/hogafflahage/hogafflaHage_
site/Kor/hestekor.swf
i seen it on newgrounds before i blow the whistle

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 19:18:15

I have scored enough B/P points to make it to Sgt. First Class today! AWESOME!

*Salutes and enjoys his new rank*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 19:26:17

At 3/4/08 07:18 PM, PantyWipe wrote: I have scored enough B/P points to make it to Sgt. First Class today! AWESOME!

Congrats on your new badge man - you're approaching the higher ranks now like Praporshchik, etc., so keep going!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 19:29:56

At 3/4/08 07:18 PM, PantyWipe wrote: I have scored enough B/P points to make it to Sgt. First Class today! AWESOME!

Congrats on the new badge, I know it has to feel rewarding gaining a new badge after all that hard work.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 19:38:13

At 3/3/08 07:50 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote:
At 3/3/08 06:44 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
That is a good idea, but I think it would be better to use a certain formula and draw a rate. So for example, if there is an average of 23.34 submissions being submitted every 15 minutes, then the Defcon level would be 3. Of course there should also be a range of rates per Defcon level. Cool idea though.

Right, your idea is better. But we still need to discuss the amount of submissions being submitted for each DEFCON level, to organise everything.

There is most likely be "access levels" and that certain people like EagleRock and SlashFirestorm will have the ability to post front-page news. Right now I'm tinkering with a blue/silver theme.

You mean only the officers will be able to post on the front page of the site? I guess that's fair, but if that's what is going to happen, then I think we (non-officers) should also be able to make front page posts, about one per week only.

At 3/4/08 06:18 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Sir i sure this is stolen

Flagged quicker than a ray of light, didn't even had the chance to click it. Good job, though.

Congratulations! Nice new badge, I'm still 2 ranks away from it. Now you're in the 1,500 points gap between each level. Ouch.

*Salutes, wondering when I will have that badge*

Before I leave, have you noticed this annoying advertisement? I made a thread about it (which is not very comon to happen). Has anyone seen it too?

I'm sleepy...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 19:47:12

At 3/4/08 07:38 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Now you're in the 1,500 points gap between each level. Ouch.

I miss the 1,500 point gaps. I'm now into the 2,000 point gaps, and it takes a LONG time to make any kind of serious progress. Still, all the badges ahead of me are pretty cool, and I'm getting quite high up now, which is always a nice bonus.

Before I leave, have you noticed this annoying advertisement? I made a thread about it (which is not very comon to happen). Has anyone seen it too?

Yeah, I saw it, and because the page it was on was behind several other open browser windows, I didn't know where the hell it was coming from. It's very annoying - I think all the ads on websites should be muted by default.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 19:48:22

At 3/3/08 06:44 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Sorry I'm a bit late, but Pancakes that site looks fabulous!

I'm late too...
and... I think the same... is amazing... nice job

I have been very busy lately..
not very Active... & I haven't B/P as much as I would like... because
I have the rank 301 on B/P points..
I need like 50 points now... l but I don't have time now...
is not fair...

btw... I think lilhunter03 will enter to the list at the same time I will...
congrats dude... (not soldier, nos sir... we have the almost the same)

*salute*

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 20:08:01

At 3/4/08 07:47 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/4/08 07:38 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Now you're in the 1,500 points gap between each level. Ouch.
I miss the 1,500 point gaps. I'm now into the 2,000 point gaps, and it takes a LONG time to make any kind of serious progress. Still, all the badges ahead of me are pretty cool, and I'm getting quite high up now, which is always a nice bonus.

Hard work pays of, most of the times. When you begin your B/P career, the gaps are very smaller than the ones we have to deal with, more than 10 times smaller. But the badges aren't that good, the bonus is small and it gives you no privilege. Basicaly, they change very little. But you get very happy with your first badge (town watch)

Yeah, I saw it, and because the page it was on was behind several other open browser windows, I didn't know where the hell it was coming from. It's very annoying - I think all the ads on websites should be muted by default.

I think too. Actually, I've never seen an advetisement here with sound. Not that I remember, at least.

At 3/4/08 07:48 PM, aldlv wrote:
I need like 50 points now... l but I don't have time now...
is not fair...

You're only one rank away from it! It's already an achievement!

Will you survive another roster update?
Speaking of which, where are the roseters?

*salute*

*Salutes and good night*

ZZZZZzzzzz...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 20:26:06

At 3/4/08 08:08 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 3/4/08 07:47 PM, NEVR wrote: Now you're in the 1,500 points gap between each level. Ouch.

I miss the 1,500 point gaps.

I miss them too... no wait... I still on them...
I miss the 1,000 ones... XD

At 3/4/08 07:48 PM, aldlv wrote:
You're only one rank away from it! It's already an achievement!

thanx, soldier...
btw... sir-nuts... IOU (I owe you) a sig...

Will you survive another roster update?

I'm no sure if i will...

*salute*
*Salutes and good night*

*salute* again

ZZZZZzzzzz...

lol...

btw... I'm lvl 15 now...

lvl 15 = happy

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-04 23:16:09

Hey, guys, sorry I didn't post really at all today. We had a snow day today, but I didn't get any computer related stuff done. My power was out when I woke up at 11:00 AM and then it came on around 3:00 for about 20 minutes, and the shut back off until just recently.

No power = No computer

I just got out of the shower, damn you power, and then finished up the Portal list. I'll be back in speed tomorrow, but as for now I must hit the hay. The only thing I got done today was level my Onix on Diamond from 32-62 and sleep. We may have a snow day tomorrow though, so we'll see what happens. I'm also only about 150 B/P points away from my next rank, so yay!

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-05 03:11:41

At 3/4/08 03:18 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote:
At 3/4/08 03:51 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Hey PossiblePancakes, can we still make a character for your flash?

Since the whole movie is in script mode still, go ahead. Just please PM me your information as soon as possible. =)

kk

Thanks a lot :)
I have PMed you my informations :)
I hope to see myself in your work mister Pancakes. And I hope I won't die after only one battle... like in that CS thing EagleRock wrote a couple months ago :P

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-05 10:30:17

Praise Fulp, my ban is over.

Good to see things progressing well in my absence. The proposed EGB website looks and sounds awesome---moving beyond our humble forums would be swell.

Keep up the good work, everyone---and remember to invite any Elite Guards who look promising to check out the Barracks!

*salute*

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-05 12:16:18

Well here is my occasional post in here (sorry to say, since I've been going through rivers of crap, I've had little time or interest in internet matters. I'm here for a few hours, if anything's wrong and you need help, speak now or for ever hold your trap.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-05 23:11:33

Wow, slow day in here. Hallo, Phantom.

I put in a little B/P'ing today and flagged some abusive reviews. Normal stuff. During my Portal run, I was exposed to an awesome audio that I can't believe I hadn't heard yet---_-={Newgrounds Spectrum}=-_. Check it out if you haven't already---damn good stuff.

Remember that reviewing can make you a stat-whore, too! :-D

And most people don't have enough audio reviews...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-05 23:28:41

At 3/5/08 11:11 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I put in a little B/P'ing today and flagged some abusive reviews. Normal stuff. During my Portal run, I was exposed to an awesome audio that I can't believe I hadn't heard yet---_-={Newgrounds Spectrum}=-_. Check it out if you haven't already---damn good stuff.

It's in my favorites, actually. I only wish I knew how best to review it...

Remember that reviewing can make you a stat-whore, too! :-D

I would just ask to keep the reviews good; nobody likes to see that they have a message from M-Bot in their inbox.

And most people don't have enough audio reviews...

I actually got 10 in a week not long ago. It was for a mission for the Department of Defense.

Anyways, I'll cut the small talk. There's stolen stuff in the Portal!
Original: http://www.darksoulkingdom.co.uk/dskyspc .html
Stolen: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 8646

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-06 00:38:50

At 3/5/08 11:28 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: I would just ask to keep the reviews good; nobody likes to see that they have a message from M-Bot in their inbox.

Indeed. Incidentally, a good exercise for prospective reviewers is to try to review a flash that you'd zero without being abusive. I wrote a very long review for the last illwillpress flash (which I wasn't exactly fond of) like that, although (not surprisingly) it's being downrated by fanboys, lol.

Anyways, I'll cut the small talk. There's stolen stuff in the Portal!
Original: http://www.darksoulkingdom.co.uk/dskyspc .html
Stolen: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 8646

Passed---I'll PM Wade about it. I have a feeling that a fileswap is going to occur, but Wade can tell when that kind of thing happens.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-06 06:28:45

A slightly belated welcome back to the Slashmeister, your BBS presence has been missed over the past 3 days.

I've been taking a little break from the B/Ping lately - been kinda ill recently so I haven't felt in the mood to spend a whole lot of time in the portal. Also, the longevity of ranking up is starting to take it's toll... I still have 1,587 to go until I reach Colonel. It really is going to be a difficult road to get all the way to Supreme Commander.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-06 11:46:08

Looks like the submitter of that stolen flash got deleted along with his submission. Good, too---the flash was fileswapped with BlueHippo's (supposed) personal information.

Justice is served.

Totally unrelated---does anyone else think that the "mad as hell" smiley looks more like evil laughter than anger?

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-06 11:56:59

At 3/6/08 11:46 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Looks like the submitter of that stolen flash got deleted along with his submission. Good, too---the flash was fileswapped with BlueHippo's (supposed) personal information.

Was that the guy 'BlueHippoExploiter' or something similar? If so, he made a thread in the General forums basically giving BH's NG life story. He obviously has some unresolved issues with the guy.

Totally unrelated---does anyone else think that the "mad as hell" smiley looks more like evil laughter than anger?

Hmm, every time I've seen that smiley used, it's been employed by some angst-absorbed idiotic 13 year old, so that's what I relate it to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-06 12:59:44

At 3/6/08 11:56 AM, NEVR wrote: Was that the guy 'BlueHippoExploiter' or something similar? If so, he made a thread in the General forums basically giving BH's NG life story. He obviously has some unresolved issues with the guy.

Well then, the justice is even greater, heh. BlueHippo > 99% of Newgrounds.

Hmm, every time I've seen that smiley used, it's been employed by some angst-absorbed idiotic 13 year old, so that's what I relate it to.

Sounds about right.

Incidentally, I had almost forgotten how much I love responding to reviews. I think I wrote a particularly poignant response to someone who did not think highly of my second Secret Episode Special, hahaha.

Reminder to all response whores: I always reply to reviews, so if you want to up your review count/response ratio, drop me a review. Remember to use the search bar to find the flashes that I personally submitted.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-06 14:05:58

At 3/6/08 06:28 AM, NEVR wrote:\

I've been taking a little break from the B/Ping lately - been kinda ill recently so I haven't felt in the mood to spend a whole lot of time in the portal. Also, the longevity of ranking up is starting to take it's toll... I still have 1,587 to go until I reach Colonel. It really is going to be a difficult road to get all the way to Supreme Commander.

I was wondering where you were yesterday, I think I saw you on here for a few minutes. I hope your feeling better man, I know how you feel bro I took a slight break the other day but I am motivated because I'm close to leveling up. But once I do I will be right there with you just trying to regain the motivation.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-06 14:31:03

At 3/6/08 02:05 PM, Joshiwa wrote: I was wondering where you were yesterday, I think I saw you on here for a few minutes. I hope your feeling better man, I know how you feel bro I took a slight break the other day but I am motivated because I'm close to leveling up. But once I do I will be right there with you just trying to regain the motivation.

Heh, cheers man. The past few days I've only gotten around 25/day, which is a massive come-down after getting well over 100/day last week. Still, when you need a break you need a break. I'll be back at it sooner or later (hopefully sooner).

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-06 14:51:05

Boo.

I may be returning to ng on a semi-permanent basis now that 6 months of army training is over.

I was wondering if it'd be possible to come back to the EGB...

:(

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-06 15:35:15

At 3/6/08 02:51 PM, Peregrinus wrote: I was wondering if it'd be possible to come back to the EGB...

No. You were the worst member to ever grace these Barracks. I wish you to die a slow and painful death for even believing you belong here.

So, how's it been?

Just kidding about the whole "slow and painful death" part. But seriously, you were the worst member here.
Bah, I'm in a happy mood; disregard the entire first paragraph. I was just joking around.