00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jrx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,995,579 Views | 60,694 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 17:38:13

I'm not even a Praporshchik now ):

That greatly saddens me...

I'm going to have to b/p once more...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 17:39:55

Haven't posted here in a while. So I figured now is as good as any time to do so.

Yeah, the redesign has finally been implemented. I like seeing all these new features, and how the whole thing looks. Also, the Staff page is the coolest thing in this redesign that I've seen so far. With all these new levels, I don't recognize the people that I know and love now. :(

Anyway, there are still a lot of features I have yet to look into. So I'm going to do just that.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 17:41:50

At 7/17/07 05:29 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Guys, what do I do now? I lost my Elite Guard status! I'm now a "Sergeant" again and how does that work? Anyone know what it takes to get up to Elite Guard again? Does this mean I have to leave?!

Good question. I'm still thinking about that, but I don't think it's fair to kick out those that lost their EG status. I'm thinking of several methods of doing this:

- Transferring eveyrone to the NGPD that is no longer EG (rather harsh...)
- Figuring out a cutoff point where people are close to being in the NG (such as 2000 B/P +) and deferring everone else
- Allowing all that have joined to stay and stop accepting people under 2500 B/P (probably what I'll do)

In the meantime, those that were members are still members. Like I said, I don't see kicking anyone out. However, if you were an Elite Guard Barracks member and become inactive, you might have to stay out until you get back up to 2,500 B/P. As you might have guessed, I didn't exactly expect to have to do this...

In the meantime, I think I need to wait for the site to settle before I start doing the big stuff. Now I have to remember what my stupid sig was...

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 17:56:23

At 7/17/07 05:29 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Everything is just to damn slow though.

Yeah, I just noticed when I type theres like a 3 second lag before it shows up on my screen.
Hooray for the redesign, now to discover all these new functions =)

I miss the old top 50 b/p list. ;_;

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 18:01:15

That... place... has... CHANGED!!!
I didn't expected the redesign to be so great!
Though it's kinda slower than before because of all the stuff.
I still have to check a lot of things, like the level icons and so on.
Anyway, it's kinda troubling to see that...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 18:04:57

At 7/17/07 05:56 PM, Major-punk wrote: Yeah, I just noticed when I type theres like a 3 second lag before it shows up on my screen.
Hooray for the redesign, now to discover all these new functions =)

That's the only problem I have with the redesign. My guess it will get fixed in a while. I will say this, the new format makes it a lot easier for one to rack up Blams and Saves.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 18:06:45

At 7/16/07 05:19 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Although it is a decent Flash at best, I don't feel any of those fuckers that make those Flashes ever deserve a score better than a 3.0, ever for anything. They make Newgrounds a less respectable site with the way they treat this place as their personal urinal and their total disrespect for the portal system.
I was under the funny impression that the whole point of the Elite Guard Barracks was to vote on every submission fairly, based on its content and not the person or organizations behind its creation.

Well, I see it as "You reap what you sew".
-------
As for this redesign, I still can%u2019t see much of it since I am at work so I%u2019ll check it out more when I get home.

What I can see, is I have the lame pipe which hopefully won%u2019t last long. Not sure I like that the avatars are bigger, either%u2026 I do like some of the other sexy avatars, like that crooked knife. The nun chucks are sweet as well and I need to decide if I want a new color background since there are some more options. The pipe wrench looks totally awesome!

I like the profile, but I can%u2019t add a message from work which is pretty dumb, so I%u2019ll do that later, too.

And%u2026 I%u2019m a corporal now. That sucks. How do all the new levels work now anyways? I also wonder about the EGB now that this is different.

Also, typing SUCKS! I am writing this in Word now and I%u2019ll have to copy/paste. I sure as hell hope that works. (It did)

And.. I won%u2019t get to deposit today since I don%u2019t get home from work until after midnight. :(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 18:13:52

Loving the new site, except for a few bugs, like we can't view the user icon list, and some other minor things. But holy hell, i'm a level 27! But it kind of sucks I got de-ranked twice to Master Sergeant. I'm still taking everything in, but i'm sure we all will get used to it fast.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 18:26:57

Loving the new site, B/Ping's gonna take a while to get use to though, very new, but very cool
As Viper said above there's a few bugs, and have you noticed the size of your VP, it's insane, anyway it's getting late and I think I'm gonna need time to get my head round the new site, so I'm going browsing :D

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 18:27:37

I don't like the new portal for one reason, I don't have the shaded text to know what I've already seen. If that was different then the portal would be perfect, but its awesome still since the new way to view flash! :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 18:58:56

Had to go work for a few hours >:(

This posting delay is pissing me off, hopefully that will be sorted soon.

Other stuff:

EXP cap! Hell yes, Pimp is only level 50 as of right now! That is awesome, and the level icons rock! (level 60 is hidden for now).

New badges are cool- going to need a new sig though, if anyone here can do that I'd much appreciate it. Just want the old one expanded a little and the badge changed- pic below.

Top 50 saves and blams lists- I'm actually going to be on one of them when they are put up :D

B/Ping is annoying right now as I don't know what I have already voted on, but the lack of popups and how easy and streamlined it is I love.

Just so much to see and do- this isn't a redesign, this is a whole new site! I feel like I have only just found the place again!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 19:00:35

Bleh, forgot pic!

Also I have an insane voting power (over 15!). Man, I'm going to be up all night playing with this, there is so much to see!

sorry for the double

The Elite Guard Barracks

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 19:07:31

This is indeed very awesome, although the typing lag sucks. But I'm sure that will get fixed soon...poor NG team is going to have to iron out lots of bugs, since they re-coded the whole damn site.

Until then, I advise typing in notepad and copy/pasting it into the BBS, heh. :-D

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 19:49:21

What the hell happened to my rank? I've been demoted to captain! Oh my God I think I'm gonna die, and smileys?! WTF, smileys don't belong here! This redesign has so many errors!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 19:55:29

At 7/17/07 07:07 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: This is indeed very awesome, although the typing lag sucks. But I'm sure that will get fixed soon...poor NG team is going to have to iron out lots of bugs, since they re-coded the whole damn site.

Until then, I advise typing in notepad and copy/pasting it into the BBS, heh. :-D

This is what I am doing. The lag is pretty awful in the typing.

Also, I notice that the kiddies figured out they can all post news... Can't say that isn't annoying.

A nice 3 day ban for the folks doing that is probably in order.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 19:58:19

At 7/17/07 07:49 PM, Andrea364 wrote: What the hell happened to my rank? I've been demoted to captain! Oh my God I think I'm gonna die, and smileys?! WTF, smileys don't belong here! This redesign has so many errors!

I don't know what happened to be honest with you. I lost my rank as well and I'm in the same situation you are. What will happen to this place though? There are no more Elite Guards, now only memories. :(

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 20:02:32

I feel so pissed right now, I've been stripped of my rightful rank, although I still have the same base vote power, I can't vote on UJ movies because it crashes my IE window, and I have a new level icon which is nice but I liked lvl nine better, the added power is nice though. At least they left my posts alone though. I hate all the redesign bugs, maybe I should quit complaining and wait for them to hurry up and fix this crap... I hope to GOD they do!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 20:32:41

I found something everyone might wanna have a look at.. :(

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 20:46:55

Can someone give me the link to the EGB forums? I used to get to them from my sig pic link, and...lol.

We must decide exactly what the hell we're gonna do about the B/P level changes.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 21:08:44

At 7/17/07 08:45 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Ugh, looks like i will not be B/P for a while. Things are just going to slow to properly do anything. I'll only being doing it to deposit for a while. Just until things speed up.

It's sped up a huge amount in the last few minutes- even the typing is beginning to catch up now :)

At 7/17/07 08:46 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Can someone give me the link to the EGB forums? I used to get to them from my sig pic link, and...lol.

We must decide exactly what the hell we're gonna do about the B/P level changes.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Elite_Guard_B arracks/index.php?act=idx

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 21:11:35

This new layout is sweet! So much new stuff to see and I have an insane voting power of 14.86. According to the FAQ the new voting power system is based off of level, b/p, reviews, and whistle level. But holy crap 14.86! Sweet!

Only complaint here is the new commander and supreme commander rank. There's also plenty of bugs right now but I'm sure they'll get worked out.

I miss the voting sound too. :'(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 21:22:25

Damn! I love the new layout! There are still a few bugs, but it may just be my computer/internet. But this is fucking amazing! I feel a little let down that they moved down the amount of levels to 30, but other than that, it's amazing!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 21:34:08

At 7/17/07 09:08 PM, Sentio wrote:
At 7/17/07 08:46 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Can someone give me the link to the EGB forums? I used to get to them from my sig pic link, and...lol.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Elite_Guard_B arracks/index.php?act=idx

Thanks. There's now a thread at our forums for discussing just WHAT THE FUCK WE'RE GONNA DO NOW in terms of entry requirements and the like, if we need it.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 22:57:43

At 7/17/07 06:27 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I don't like the new portal for one reason, I don't have the shaded text to know what I've already seen. If that was different then the portal would be perfect, but its awesome still since the new way to view flash! :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. It makes it quite difficult and annoying. I guess I'm handling it by checking out the last flash in the list before I refresh my Flash Portal page. Otherwise, I'd have no damn clue what I did...

At 7/17/07 08:32 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I found something everyone might wanna have a look at.. :(

The thing that annoys me the most out of this whole thing has to be that "Elite Guard" is no longer in the name of the upper ranks. It's sad, really...I hope they plan on making it stay the Elite Guard in one way or another...

At 7/17/07 09:03 PM, TheBlueNeck wrote: Well that means I have to leave the Elite Guard Barracks because I used to be an Elite Guard Private but now I leveled down to a Police Lieutenant. I'm going to miss you guys.
At 7/17/07 09:34 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Thanks. There's now a thread at our forums for discussing just WHAT THE FUCK WE'RE GONNA DO NOW in terms of entry requirements and the like, if we need it.

I'm responding officially to this change. I think everyone will be happy with the idea.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 23:09:51

At 7/17/07 11:07 PM, TheBlueNeck wrote:
At 7/17/07 10:57 PM, EagleRock wrote: I'm responding officially to this change. I think everyone will be happy with the idea.
So does this mean I'm still in the Elite Guard Barracks?

Yes. As long as you stay active. Here's what I posted in the forums:

Basically said, nobody is getting kicked out at this time. If you were in the EGB before the redesign, you can stay in the Barracks. However, you are free to leave the Barracks if you wish to join the NGPD until you reach the new 2,500 B/P requirement.

In terms of new members, the requirements are the same, as you need to be in the Elite Guard to join. Note that this now means that you need 2,500 B/P to join the EGB. This is effective to anyone that wants to join after the redesign.

One last thing: if you are "grandfathered" into the Barracks as being of Elite Guard status pre-redesign, you need to be an active user to keep your membership. If you become inactive and get dropped from the roster, you will need to hit 2,500 B/P to rejoin.

I think this is the most fair to everyone and will hopefully make everyone happy.

Incidentally, Slash, can I get admin access to the forums? KTHXBAI.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 23:16:51

At 7/17/07 11:09 PM, EagleRock wrote: Incidentally, Slash, can I get admin access to the forums? KTHXBAI.

Sure...just gimme a few minutes.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 23:23:26

At 7/17/07 11:16 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 7/17/07 11:09 PM, EagleRock wrote: Incidentally, Slash, can I get admin access to the forums? KTHXBAI.
Sure...just gimme a few minutes.

Well it's not a huge rush, lol...

I'm more interested in what people think of the B/P policy change.

And maybe a hello.... :-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 23:31:22

At 7/17/07 11:23 PM, EagleRock wrote: Well it's not a huge rush, lol...

Hello!

I am a wee bit drunk...thank heavens for Firefox's YOU SPELLED THIS WRONG red-line-ness, heh.

You're admin'ed, and everything sounds cool with the new EGB policy. Yay!

I'm gonna have to whip up a nifty new sig pic when I'm sobered up a bit more...I think I did a pretty good job on my profile page bannner. :-D

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 23:35:52

At 7/17/07 11:23 PM, EagleRock wrote:
Well it's not a huge rush, lol...

Oh, Hi :D Sorry, you know, new stuff and all that! Good to see you around on such a momentous day for Newgrounds!

My typing is still lagging slightly >:(

I like that the badges have changed their design- much more in keeping with the site as a whole. I find it strange that they added ranks in between the already existing ones though, rather than adding them at the end, especially as our VP has gone up dramatically anyway. It would have been nice to have a few new targets.

I'm a bit thrown by the EXP system now. The FAQ suggests that it will go back to the dreaded expanding levels once Pimp gets to level 60, but Tom's post implies that it is now fixed at 30k, which would be nice with the B/P fixed there as well. That would certainly make levelling up easier! I love all of the new badges though, certainly worth depositing for.

Also there is no mention of how whistle and reviews effect VP, but I many need to start reviewing more!

Still, I'm loving it, so no complaints from me :D

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-17 23:48:41

Hey guys !!! Looks like the layout of Newgrounds have changed when I wasnt looking...

So whats going on ?