00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonWolfNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,993,502 Views | 60,683 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 00:16:52

At 7/17/07 11:48 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Hey guys !!! Looks like the layout of Newgrounds have changed when I wasnt looking...

So whats going on ?

Enjoying this sweet-ass redesign!

Although...

Experience: 5,735 / 5,880

When I depositing my EXP (or rather, when it auto-deposited when I voted, hehe), it said I had like, 5000 more to my next level.

Ah, well. The glitches will be ironed out. I can't wait to see what level 24 is (NO ONE FUCKING TELL ME).

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 00:23:15

Oh snap, when I was looking at alphas in the NG Mag (which I hope gets re-done eventually, as well...the alphas deserve more publicity). I noticed that Adam Phillips is set to release Waterlollies in the next week or so. :-D

I've never been a HUGE fan of him (I find his flashes a little boring, myself), but you gotta admit, that man has graphical skills out the ass. I hope I get to see it under judgement. ^_^

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 00:23:43

The only bad thing with the new design is... that Elite Guard doesnt have any meaning anymore due to the name changings...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 00:30:02

At 7/17/07 11:09 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 7/17/07 11:07 PM, TheBlueNeck wrote:
At 7/17/07 10:57 PM, EagleRock wrote: I'm responding officially to this change. I think everyone will be happy with the idea.

Well, so far, I am, but I really don't like all these changes that have happened, I miss old NG. Now we will have a lot of spam problems and several bannings thanks to the 'improved bbs'. There are also a few things I don't like about the voting and deposit system too. You can see my point, right?

So does this mean I'm still in the Elite Guard Barracks?

I was going to ask that, but I see that there is no longer a need to thanks to all the explaining that has been done, this may turn out to be a good thing or not, I hope for the best. I wonder if paltalk is still the same....

Yes. As long as you stay active. Here's what I posted in the forums:

*grabs TheBlueNeck and dances around like some crazy idiot with him* Don't you worry, I'll always be active, and I'll soon have that 2500 you request of me. MUHAHAHA!

Basically said, nobody is getting kicked out at this time. If you were in the EGB before the redesign, you can stay in the Barracks. However, you are free to leave the Barracks if you wish to join the NGPD until you reach the new 2,500 B/P requirement.

This is all good to know, thanks, I love being here so I'm pretty happy with your decision on the matter, but I wish that they would not have added these new ranks.

In terms of new members, the requirements are the same, as you need to be in the Elite Guard to join. Note that this now means that you need 2,500 B/P to join the EGB. This is effective to anyone that wants to join after the redesign.

Another satisfactory desicion, sir, absolutely no slackers, right? Just you remember, I'll be here forever, or atleast as long as I can possibly stay with you guys. I'll be rather busy, but I'll be with you guys.

You always find the words to say to keep me right here waiting... .. ... And if I chose to walk away, would you be right here waiting?
One last thing: if you are "grandfathered" into the Barracks as being of Elite Guard status pre-redesign, you need to be an active user to keep your membership. If you become inactive and get dropped from the roster, you will need to hit 2,500 B/P to rejoin.

Even though this doesn't concern me, understood, sir, I'll be in the portal doing my usual point racking. Damn, this fucking typing lag is annoying!...

I think this is the most fair to everyone and will hopefully make everyone happy.

I'm happy now! :3 Lets party already!

Incidentally, Slash, can I get admin access to the forums? KTHXBAI.

LOL, nice Eagle, very nice, that's not gonna look good on your record... Well, I don't have room to talk, I'm a lowly n00b girl, haha, so you know.... Uh, I'm not known for having a clean slate.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 00:43:15

At 7/17/07 11:31 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Hello!

'elloello!

I am a wee bit drunk...thank heavens for Firefox's YOU SPELLED THIS WRONG red-line-ness, heh.

LOL. Firefox is t3h l33t.

You're admin'ed, and everything sounds cool with the new EGB policy. Yay!

Sweet. Thanks.

I'm gonna have to whip up a nifty new sig pic when I'm sobered up a bit more...I think I did a pretty good job on my profile page bannner. :-D

I suck at it. I'll probably dig up my old one and ask the sigmakers to make me a new one...

At 7/17/07 11:32 PM, TheBlueNeck wrote: You know on secound thought I'd rather earn my into the Elite Guard Barracks again. I'll just go back and stay at the NGPD.

That's your choice, of course. I'm sure Tails will be glad to have a good officer back in the NGPD!

At 7/17/07 11:35 PM, Sentio wrote: Oh, Hi :D Sorry, you know, new stuff and all that! Good to see you around on such a momentous day for Newgrounds!

Yeah, well, I'm around BECAUSE of the momentous day on Newgrounds... :-) What a way to come back...to a brand new...new...grounds.

I like that the badges have changed their design- much more in keeping with the site as a whole. I find it strange that they added ranks in between the already existing ones though, rather than adding them at the end, especially as our VP has gone up dramatically anyway. It would have been nice to have a few new targets.

Agreed. Though, I'm still glad I'm still a Supreme Commander. I mean, it'd be a pain in the ass having to work all the way back. I can really sympathize with those that lost Elite Guard status because of the redesign...

I'm a bit thrown by the EXP system now. The FAQ suggests that it will go back to the dreaded expanding levels once Pimp gets to level 60, but Tom's post implies that it is now fixed at 30k, which would be nice with the B/P fixed there as well. That would certainly make levelling up easier! I love all of the new badges though, certainly worth depositing for.

Confusing at best. However, I'll make sure to keep with it for now. Hopefully it'll still pay off over time.

Still, I'm loving it, so no complaints from me :D

Change is good. Even if there are things that you don't like about it, it's better than it was.

At 7/18/07 12:16 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Ah, well. The glitches will be ironed out. I can't wait to see what level 24 is (NO ONE FUCKING TELL ME).

Duh: http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/expperleve l.html

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 00:47:23

Seems my vote power has drastically dropped from 14.80-something to a more reasonable 10.4, so I assume they modified something. I'm actually kind of glad, because having it be that easy to have that high of a vote power could be a bit troublesome.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 01:17:16

At 7/18/07 12:49 AM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Also i hate the new ranks and badges, they look fucking stupid in my opinion.

In a way I do concur, but they don't look that bad, yet I do favor the old badges over these.

Also There is a bit of lag on Newgrounds so far, but then again, at one time there was over 700 users all on at once. This, by far, totally smashed the current record, and this is probably a big contributor to why there is lag on here.

*Salutes*

My tax dollars go to pay for a war that I and most of America dont even want. Yet I can't even afford Health insurance for my family. Hmmm..... Sig Pic by madknt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 01:24:42

At 7/18/07 12:47 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Seems my vote power has drastically dropped from 14.80-something to a more reasonable 10.4, so I assume they modified something. I'm actually kind of glad, because having it be that easy to have that high of a vote power could be a bit troublesome.

Yeah, mine dropped from 15.53 to a more sensible 10.84- apparently there was a script error, but Ross fixed it.

Still getting conflicting news on whether levels are permanently fixed now, or whether they will go back to sliding when Pimp reaches level 60. Ross said something that encourages me and levels could well be permanently fixed now, though 30k isn't the highest as I first thought (based that on the last secret, but that is floating just before Pimp as usual), its more like 38600.

At 7/18/07 12:49 AM, Akatsuki321 wrote: I had 1,540 EXP a bit ago, at midnight i deposited and i still have only 1,540 EXP, God damn glitches this better be fixed soon since I'm very close to level 13. Also i hate the new ranks and badges, they look fucking stupid in my opinion.

I see you with 1550, so it did it, just taking its time to update.

At 7/18/07 01:17 AM, SilentSoldier wrote:
In a way I do concur, but they don't look that bad, yet I do favor the old badges over these.

Also There is a bit of lag on Newgrounds so far, but then again, at one time there was over 700 users all on at once. This, by far, totally smashed the current record, and this is probably a big contributor to why there is lag on here.

*Salutes*

And that is just on the forums- by far the most traffic is on the front page and portal. I'd guess at there being thousands on at once earlier. It is much faster now though, with the exception of this typing lag.

A few other things I found- the weekly winners list can now be viewed down to 100 places, and the other lists have been extended as well. Now there is a top 50 saves list (or will be when it is put up) I will actually be on a rankings list for the very first time! Sad that there is no B/P list though.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 01:43:29

At 7/18/07 01:24 AM, Sentio wrote:
At 7/18/07 12:47 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Seems my vote power has drastically dropped from 14.80-something to a more reasonable 10.4, so I assume they modified something. I'm actually kind of glad, because having it be that easy to have that high of a vote power could be a bit troublesome.
Yeah, mine dropped from 15.53 to a more sensible 10.84- apparently there was a script error, but Ross fixed it.

O rly?

Mine seems to have increase a bit, I was at 6.75 I think and now I'm at 7. something.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 02:04:52

At 7/18/07 01:20 AM, Akatsuki321 wrote:
Also the fact the redesign wasn't even properly finished(hence some of the glitches i heard about) Anyway NG is going a little bit faster for me so i should get to B/P. Also has anyone seen some sort of chart that shows all the new ranks and what they look like? Sounds dumb but im asking anyway.

Level icons

Also I just got tipped off about this... not sure if it qualifies as a secret, but whatever...

Go and hover your mouse over an angry face icon in the general forum ( one next to a topic, not in a thread)

Trust me, it's worth it!

Thanks TheBlueNeck in the Mafia for that one!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 02:16:57

At 7/18/07 02:04 AM, Sentio wrote: Go and hover your mouse over an angry face icon in the general forum ( one next to a topic, not in a thread)

FUCKING FUCK

That scared the crap out of me! I had my volume up a little too high...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 02:19:36

Well, I'm happier now that I've got my account halfway back to normal, thank god it isn't much like the what was promised in the April Fools joke. If it was we'd be looking so much like myspace it would be utterly stupid to come here anymore. Well, back to my project that I'm working on, or maybe I'll check out the portal and write several reviews to see if my vote power bumps up any, hehehe... I'm starting to get used to the redesign, but it will take me a little while to completely drink it all in. I noticed that about the icon that you can choose for your profile, not the pic, the icon, doesn't appear by your posts like it says, or atleast I can't see that it does right now.

Why must I never be quoted by more than half of you people?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 03:22:47

Well, I'm home and checking out the site. So far, very pretty. Lots of shiny things!

I noticed we can upload a 46X46 in our profiles. It says it'll show up next to our posts? I would imagine that means on the frontpage, eh? ANyway, I tried and it is insisting my GIF is seethru which it is not, so that's annoying.

I also checked out that hovering your mouse over mad icon. haha, very funny.

Oooo... "Clear Form" is in a bad spot.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 03:26:35

Yeah well the redesign is good cause got all these new little shiny toys to play with. But it came with alot of glitches and bugs. That mainly gets annoying because they effect your stats currently. But hope all that gets worked out and i can make my climb to Supreme Commander active again. Well best of luck to everybody.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 08:44:26

Looks like we'll have to start calling ourselves just "The Barracks", now that they've done away with the whole Elite Guard part of the badge system.

The only other problem I can see is that the stat-listers (myself included) are going to struggle for a little while to get their lists working properly, as all of the links in their forum posts were dead last night :'( Hopefully only a glitch, that will be fixed soon.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 09:07:47

At 7/18/07 02:19 AM, Andrea364 wrote:

You have now been officially quoted by me. :-)

Incidentally, I asked up the sigmakers for a new sig, and I got two! The one by madknt is in my profile already, but I also have one by fahrenheit (below). Help me choose? They're both awesome and I'm not sure which I should use:

The Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 10:24:11

Well with all of this Redesign craziness going on, I've found it hard enough to B/P, but I've done my best. And was happy to find that I've entered the top 300 users. So I've finally made it onto one of the "lists" in Wi/Ht?, but it'll probably be a while till the list is sorted, ah well.

And as NG Log is down too, I can't see how much I've made over the past while, so I don't know how well or not I'm doing.

*SALUTES*

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 11:02:53

I'll be honest with all of you, the redesign is nice but as most of you might have noticed, there is a problem with the flash portal, and that is that UJ submissions never seem to appear as seen, the link doesn't change color and it's harder to vote, or is it just me?

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 11:06:52

Hey guys, DaRk here. I haven't been to the EGB in a while and I know I went inactive, but I had some personal problems i was taking care of. I was wondering if I would be allowed back into the EGB. If so, maybe some info on how things run around here as of now.

Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 11:31:45

At 7/18/07 11:06 AM, DaRk wrote: Hey guys, DaRk here. I haven't been to the EGB in a while and I know I went inactive, but I had some personal problems i was taking care of. I was wondering if I would be allowed back into the EGB. If so, maybe some info on how things run around here as of now.

I don't think there will be a problem with letting you in as long as you think you can fit in now. And I don't have anything more to say but even I won't make a one line post.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 11:31:50

:At 7/18/07 09:07 AM, EagleRock wrote:

Incidentally, I asked up the sigmakers for a new sig, and I got two! The one by madknt is in my profile already, but I also have one by fahrenheit (below). Help me choose? They're both awesome and I'm not sure which I should use:

I would say that you should go with the first one, the one that was actually in your post..it just looks a lot better to me(personal opinion).

My tax dollars go to pay for a war that I and most of America dont even want. Yet I can't even afford Health insurance for my family. Hmmm..... Sig Pic by madknt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 11:35:24

At 7/18/07 02:16 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 7/18/07 02:04 AM, Sentio wrote: Go and hover your mouse over an angry face icon in the general forum ( one next to a topic, not in a thread)
FUCKING FUCK

That scared the crap out of me! I had my volume up a little too high...

LOL, I knew that would catch somebody! It scared the hell out of me as well the first time I did it!

ooooo, no typing lag anymore! YAY!
At 7/18/07 02:19 AM, Andrea364 wrote:

Quoted for great justice!

At 7/18/07 03:22 AM, RSQViper wrote:
I noticed we can upload a 46X46 in our profiles. It says it'll show up next to our posts? I would imagine that means on the frontpage, eh? ANyway, I tried and it is insisting my GIF is seethru which it is not, so that's annoying.

I've been having the same problem. I was trying to downsize my old profile pic, but it didn't want to let me. I'll need to have a play with the features in there at some point, possibly gaining the help of a taleneted NG artist as I am beyond hopeless- I'll wait for things to settle down first though!

At 7/18/07 03:26 AM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Yeah well the redesign is good cause got all these new little shiny toys to play with. But it came with alot of glitches and bugs. That mainly gets annoying because they effect your stats currently. But hope all that gets worked out and i can make my climb to Supreme Commander active again. Well best of luck to everybody.

That is all fixed I think. There are a few new levels in the B/P ranks, and the amounts you need are different, so some people will have changed rank. You haven't lost any points though, so just get back to it and you'll be back to where you were in no time!

At 7/18/07 08:44 AM, Coop83 wrote: Looks like we'll have to start calling ourselves just "The Barracks", now that they've done away with the whole Elite Guard part of the badge system.

That is possibly the only thing I am not happy about with this redesign. Supreme Commander just doesn't have the same ring to it without Elite Guard in front of it!

The only other problem I can see is that the stat-listers (myself included) are going to struggle for a little while to get their lists working properly, as all of the links in their forum posts were dead last night :'( Hopefully only a glitch, that will be fixed soon.

That is going to be a real pain for a while, but hopefully everyone involved will get used to it soon.

At 7/18/07 09:07 AM, EagleRock wrote:

Bah, favouritism! I've requested twice and got no sig so far >:(. That is a sweet sig though, hopefully once the rush dies down I'll get a nice one as well.

At 7/18/07 11:02 AM, Phantom wrote: I'll be honest with all of you, the redesign is nice but as most of you might have noticed, there is a problem with the flash portal, and that is that UJ submissions never seem to appear as seen, the link doesn't change color and it's harder to vote, or is it just me?

They're fixing it :)

At 7/18/07 11:06 AM, DaRk wrote: Hey guys, DaRk here. I haven't been to the EGB in a while and I know I went inactive, but I had some personal problems i was taking care of. I was wondering if I would be allowed back into the EGB. If so, maybe some info on how things run around here as of now.

Welcome back! I see you meet our new requirements of 2500 points, so I see no problem with you rejoining the Barracks, and evidently your posting was good enough before. I'm gald that whatever personal problems you had seem to be behind you :)

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 11:39:17

At 7/18/07 11:02 AM, Phantom wrote: I'll be honest with all of you, the redesign is nice but as most of you might have noticed, there is a problem with the flash portal, and that is that UJ submissions never seem to appear as seen, the link doesn't change color and it's harder to vote, or is it just me?

No, its not just you.

I'm having some problems due to the problem your talking about.
But I just try to remember what was the last flash I was viewing and hope that a flash doesnt get blammed or added while I'm watchin a flash :^)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 11:42:30

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys.
I'll do my best to better this club and NG as much as possible.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 11:50:22

It is not just you. My B/P experience is affected by this. I think they should have the text color change if it was viewed for the day.

My recommendation to help: always keep a Portal page open. Shift + Click (in Firefox) and open all the flash on the page that you need to judge, and judge them tab by tab. When you want to recheck the Portal, note the top two in the list and refresh. Find where the top two are and continue. It'll help big time until they figure something out.

At 7/18/07 11:31 AM, SilentSoldier wrote:
At 7/18/07 09:07 AM, EagleRock wrote:
I would say that you should go with the first one, the one that was actually in your post..it just looks a lot better to me(personal opinion).

I am leaning to that one myself. While madknt's new minimalist style is nice (especially for his own), I like the whole big background. I'll probably end up taking fahrenheit's one. Thanks for the opinion!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 11:52:16

At 7/18/07 11:39 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: No, its not just you.

I'm having some problems due to the problem your talking about.
But I just try to remember what was the last flash I was viewing and hope that a flash doesnt get blammed or added while I'm watchin a flash :^)

That's why I look for the top two flash. That way if one gets deleted, you're still covered.

At 7/18/07 11:42 AM, DaRk wrote: Thanks for the warm welcome back guys.
I'll do my best to better this club and NG as much as possible.

Welcome back, Private! It's always good to have new members (and old ones returned). I'm sure you'll serve your Barracks well!

*salutes*

SORRY OMGWTFBBQDOUBLEPOST!!!!111oneoneeleven

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 13:17:11

What happened to my obscenely high (and just as sexy) Voting Power? Its back down to 11 something. Was it just a bug that gave us all the extra VP?

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 14:40:17

At 7/18/07 01:17 PM, pepeatumi wrote: What happened to my obscenely high (and just as sexy) Voting Power? Its back down to 11 something. Was it just a bug that gave us all the extra VP?

I noticed that as well, I think it was a bug but I'm hoping not. :/ If we do all have more voting power than whats the highest now?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 15:13:58

Sorry for the double post but I just realized something, my B/P rank is #666!!

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-07-18 15:48:46

At 7/18/07 11:35 AM, Sentio wrote:
At 7/18/07 08:44 AM, Coop83 wrote: Looks like we'll have to start calling ourselves just "The Barracks", now that they've done away with the whole Elite Guard part of the badge system.
That is possibly the only thing I am not happy about with this redesign. Supreme Commander just doesn't have the same ring to it without Elite Guard in front of it!

Like anyone ever calls it Elite Guard Supreme Commander any more. Everyone refered to it as EGSC, or EG Supreme Commander at best. NG got wise and dropped the Elite Guard

That is going to be a real pain for a while, but hopefully everyone involved will get used to it soon.

I think it was glitches and they're on the way to being fixed, according to Bob.

At 7/18/07 01:17 PM, pepeatumi wrote: What happened to my obscenely high (and just as sexy) Voting Power? Its back down to 11 something. Was it just a bug that gave us all the extra VP?

Yeah it was a bug last night. All fixed now, but you should ahve got a change in your voting power, as it's now affected by the number of reviews you have as well.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature