00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

reel2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,972,041 Views | 60,520 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-12 18:30:42

Anyone played the point and click game The Room Tribute? I have I thought it was quite good. I liked the 8 bit NES or SNES graphics it had. I looked it up and the game is based on a real movie from 2003. I saw some clips on YouTube and the movie I thought looked bad but in a so bad its good kinda way. An odd looking front cover

I'm not sure but on the user page the address is the same as the link. http://matheusbr0.newgrounds.com/
He has loads of games I don't know 100% if it means he is the real author but it looks legit maybe.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-12 21:57:12

At 9/12/10 06:30 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Anyone played the point and click game The Room Tribute?

I'm usually not so big on the games, but I went through. Considered writing a review, then gave up when I realized there wasn't much to criticize. Pretty good, though I wish the Nostalgia Critic's review hadn't been taken down due to copyright issues.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-12 22:26:55

At 9/12/10 06:30 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Anyone played the point and click game The Room Tribute?

I simply loved it, one of my fav. games of all time, it's simply awesome!! Just need patience to beat it again, it's too big!! :B

Anyway, anyone have good news??

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-12 23:17:30

At 9/12/10 10:26 PM, RogerBK wrote: Anyway, anyone have good news??

Like what kind of good news?? Nah well hell just got all my Live stuff renewed and back on gold status. And going to try to get Halo Reach when it comes out. But since i am in Germany at the current time it will hit shelves here several hours before it comes to the states. So they may play to my advantage to will just have to wait and see when the time comes.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-12 23:33:22

At 9/12/10 06:30 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Anyone played the point and click game The Room Tribute? I have I thought it was quite good.

The pokemon style fight scene got me going.

Throwing a bottle at someone is super effective!

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-13 11:39:49

Changed the name Caitlin??:D

Oh, I always wanted a Xbox360... It's awesome, and can you please tell me how much is the Live?? I couldn't find the right prices.

BTW, thank God I have a Wii, it makes me so happy when I'm bored... :)

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-13 11:41:39

At 9/12/10 06:30 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: I'm not sure but on the user page the address is the same as the link. http://matheusbr0.newgrounds.com/

Uh, Lassuk, where he come from? Or is this just another typo?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-13 18:11:58

At 9/13/10 11:39 AM, RogerBK wrote: Changed the name Caitlin??:D

Yeah finally got it changed around to something more of my liking, now it won't seem akward signing in everytim one here.

Oh, I always wanted a Xbox360... It's awesome, and can you please tell me how much is the Live?? I couldn't find the right prices.

And well if you don't have a 360 already i would say go for the new models of them seeing as they can't red ring which is a big plus. But as for Live the first month comes free but after that there is like three options to choose from. And here they are: 1 month: $7.99, 3 month: $19.99 And lastly 1 year for $49.99. While the one year is the most expensive it's also the best way to go really. And then Once you get Live you will also have to get MS points which i will let ya check on that for yourself. But all in all it's really good to have and can have a lot of fun playing on there against other people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-13 18:21:40

Hmm, pay to play games online or not?

PS3:
1. Don't have to pay to have a PSN account and I can play games online for free.
2. No RROD, just the rare YLoD.

XBOX360:
1. RRDO
2. Have to pay to have a Microsoft account
3. Have to pay to play games online.

Yet another reason why PS3 is better than 360.

</end console war>

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-13 18:30:41

Yeah is kind of stupid to have to pay to play online. But you you don't have to pay to have an account cause you can create a profile and then take it online for free. And really all your paying for is the gold status of the online gaming. Cause if not then your stuck on silver and can't play multiplayer games online and by then what's the point of getting online at all?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-13 23:37:10

At 9/13/10 06:21 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: </end console war>

just becuase xbox is cheap, don't mean he is worst...

look at it this way... XBox360 is so great (and the online games too), that they make you pay for online games, and you know what? you pay it!!!, because it's so freaking awesome, that you don't care

in the other hand, PS3 can't make you pay for the online games, why??? because they are not so awesome, the games are not that good, and if you had to pay even more for online, ppl wouldn't buy them because they are NOT THAT GOOD

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 07:58:29

As far as the consoles go, I have friends that have PS3s and my girlfriend's brother currently has a 360. I play on them all for free. Problem solved.

Also, I've been a busy bunny with the writing, so you can read how it all began, back in 2004:

Blammer - Chapter 1

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 08:53:11

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 09:00:35

At 9/14/10 08:53 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Stolen Movie.

Try putting a link to where it's stolen from next time. Thanks.

It was stolen from here by the way.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 11:20:34

Oviously stolen flash:

"Copyright Intel Corporation; all rights reserved" at the bottom.

If you really want a link, they're all over Google. Pick any one you like.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 17:46:06

Hey was wondering, how long has it been since somebody has done a roster in here? I mean the last time i saw one was right before Slash left which to me sems like forever ago. But maybe somebody could pick that back up and maybe become something of a regular thing around here again? Just putting it out there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 18:00:34

At 9/14/10 05:46 PM, Pandamir wrote: Hey was wondering, how long has it been since somebody has done a roster in here? I mean the last time i saw one was right before Slash left which to me sems like forever ago. But maybe somebody could pick that back up and maybe become something of a regular thing around here again? Just putting it out there.

Look no further:
EGB Roster Online

One of my contributions to the Barracks. Lizzardis maintains the actual content, and this program updates the stats on a daily basis. Once a month you'll get an official report from Lizz as well.

Have fun!

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 18:08:53

Yeah just though it would be like in the ngpd or something but we are more classy here it seems. But also noticed that my name was not a part of the current list of members and such. But would very much like to have my name up there seeming as though i am a part of the fun here (or at least like to think so sometimes.)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 18:10:43

At 9/14/10 05:46 PM, Pandamir wrote: Hey was wondering, how long has it been since somebody has done a roster in here? I mean the last time i saw one was right before Slash left which to me sems like forever ago. But maybe somebody could pick that back up and maybe become something of a regular thing around here again? Just putting it out there.

Slash is never really gone so long as people remember him. There's a little bit of Slash inside of everyone. And a lot of Slash inside the ladies.

...okay, there's just as much Slash in the guys.

...although seriously, I don't know how that bit of Slash got inside that chicken. It must have sat down on it or something.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 18:14:39

At 9/14/10 06:10 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: ...although seriously, I don't know how that bit of Slash got inside that chicken. It must have sat down on it or something.

Yeah or must have just been one of those got curious things and well will just leave it at that. But just haven't seen ya around in a while but apperently still hovering around somewhere. And pop in every now and then.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 19:15:12

At 9/14/10 06:10 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Slash is never really gone so long as people remember him. There's a little bit of Slash inside of everyone. And a lot of Slash inside the ladies.

Sounds like some wishful thinking there ha ha.

I thought as much. Must be what I was leaking out yesterday.

At 9/14/10 06:14 PM, Pandamir wrote:
At 9/14/10 06:10 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: ...although seriously, I don't know how that bit of Slash got inside that chicken. It must have sat down on it or something.
Yeah or must have just been one of those got curious things and well will just leave it at that.

Chicken cordon bleu a la firestorm.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 21:14:45

At 9/14/10 06:08 PM, Pandamir wrote: Yeah just though it would be like in the ngpd or something but we are more classy here it seems. But also noticed that my name was not a part of the current list of members and such. But would very much like to have my name up there seeming as though i am a part of the fun here (or at least like to think so sometimes.)

Are you requesting to join the Elite Guard, Pandamir? You are eligible, as you are a corporal, have a silver whistle, decent blam count and sufficient posts. As the New Recruits officer, I will be glad to start the process if you desire it as such.

At 9/14/10 06:10 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Slash is never really gone so long as people remember him. There's a little bit of Slash inside of everyone. And a lot of Slash inside the ladies.

Well, actually it was a little bit of Slash over and over again...

No matter how much they cried, they all knew what it felt like to be one with Slash.

...although seriously, I don't know how that bit of Slash got inside that chicken. It must have sat down on it or something.

Not just a chicken. There's also Coop's rottweiler, a dozen sheep in an unnamed farm in Montana, a few ex-nuns, and the 1996 Bolivian Olympic Fencing team. Seems like it just be rainin' Slash!

Good to hear from you again, mon Capitan! How are things going for you these days?

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 21:23:21

At 9/14/10 09:14 PM, byteslinger wrote: Are you requesting to join the Elite Guard, Pandamir? You are eligible, as you are a corporal, have a silver whistle, decent blam count and sufficient posts. As the New Recruits officer, I will be glad to start the process if you desire it as such.

Well acutally joined up a good while back but because of several issues between then and now was not as active as I should have been granted. But if ya would like me to reapply then of course I would be more then happy to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 21:31:51

At 9/14/10 09:23 PM, Pandamir wrote:
At 9/14/10 09:14 PM, byteslinger wrote: Are you requesting to join the Elite Guard, Pandamir? You are eligible, as you are a corporal, have a silver whistle, decent blam count and sufficient posts. As the New Recruits officer, I will be glad to start the process if you desire it as such.
Well acutally joined up a good while back but because of several issues between then and now was not as active as I should have been granted. But if ya would like me to reapply then of course I would be more then happy to.

Sounds like you may have been dropped from the roster due to inactivity. I am going to PM EagleRock and see if he's okay with direct reinstatement, or if he thinks you'll need to go through the voting process all over again. One of us will get back to you ASAP with our decision.

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 22:02:40

At 9/14/10 06:10 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: perverted stuff.

Fix'd. HEY SLASH! What's up man? I really hope Hurricane Igor doesn't come towards your neck of the woods. That would suck a lot. It's currently headed towards the Bermuda Triangle. Hmm, I wonder if it could just disappear while inside the Bermuda Triangle.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-14 22:19:01

At 9/14/10 10:02 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Fix'd. HEY SLASH! What's up man? I really hope Hurricane Igor doesn't come towards your neck of the woods. That would suck a lot. It's currently headed towards the Bermuda Triangle. Hmm, I wonder if it could just disappear while inside the Bermuda Triangle.

Hell everything else disappears inside the Bermuda Triangle so why not hurricanes too? Well that would be really weird if that did in fact happen but highly unlikely.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-15 12:17:56

Holy shit Slash I haven't seen you in a coon's age how have you been mang? Also, I just hit level 34 today so I'm very excited. However, what I am NOT excited about is the fact that 34 doesn't change much from 33.

::sigh:: Gonna be a long haul until the next level up...

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-15 15:00:55

At 9/14/10 06:10 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Slash is never really gone so long as people remember him. There's a little bit of Slash inside of everyone. And a lot of Slash inside the ladies.

>_< My head hurts now.

lol

But seriously, good to see you make the occasional appearance around here. :-)

At 9/14/10 09:23 PM, Pandamir wrote:

There's nothing wrong with getting dropped off due to inactivity. It's considered an honorable discharge, and one that you can quickly get back in as long as you keep your nose clean. While we have historically rejected people that have left and desired to return, you'd have to really screw up to get rejected from a reinstatement.

At 9/14/10 09:31 PM, byteslinger wrote: Sounds like you may have been dropped from the roster due to inactivity. I am going to PM EagleRock and see if he's okay with direct reinstatement, or if he thinks you'll need to go through the voting process all over again. One of us will get back to you ASAP with our decision.

I see no reason at all that should prevent his reinstatement. Lizz, could you kindly add him back to the roster? Also, Pandamir, feel free to create an account on the EGB Forums. You will be activated and given Elite Guard permissions. Note that we are not on the old forums anymore, but rather, the ones I've created for the EGB since. You can get to them via the link in my sig.

Welcome back!

*Salutes*

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-15 15:47:30

At 9/14/10 10:02 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Fix'd. HEY SLASH! What's up man? I really hope Hurricane Igor doesn't come towards your neck of the woods. That would suck a lot. It's currently headed towards the Bermuda Triangle. Hmm, I wonder if it could just disappear while inside the Bermuda Triangle.

I don't think I have to worry about that.

The Elite Guard Barracks

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-15 17:13:33

Well it never hurts to be cautious and hope for a friend's well-being during Hurricane Season. Also, you need to get on AIM or yahoo a lot more often. That is if you're "job" doesn't take too much time from the internet.

Speaking of which, what is your job anyway? o_0

BBS Signature