00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HugeNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,987,424 Views | 60,650 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-18 16:00:16

At 3/18/09 03:48 PM, pepeatumi wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7584
I'm pretty sure this flash is stolen. The fact that his previous submission was flagged for the same reason (About an hour earlier) leads me to believe that this one is stolen as well.

Stolen from here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/JFlash/b obs-revenge

Submitter's email doesn't match with author's site. Submitter's name is ryan and this was made by Jeffrey and Timmy. Green borders are suspicious.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-18 16:12:37

Private Krev Zabijak reporting in for training, requesting my MOS number, sir!

(I had to put a military joke in, I had to.)

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-18 17:56:08

At 3/15/09 08:22 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 3/15/09 06:56 PM, aldlv wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7214
racist, a photo from the kkk
also... seizure
Successfully flagged.

Nice job guys. I wasn't around to get to it, but it's just another racist flash that won't make it by this time.

Also, if you haven't seen it already, take a look at what's on the Portal!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7220
I was lucky enough to vote on it while it was still under judgment. :3

I was actually lucky enough to have it linked to me by a friend who was refreshing the page until it was submitted. He sent it to me and I luckily got to watch and then vote on it while it was still underjudgment.

It didn't stay underjudgment very long though.

At 3/15/09 08:31 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
Not me, same with Portal Defenders...I have one of the worse timing!

I just caught Portal Defenders when it was underjudgment, but it took me so long while I was playing it that I didn't actually get to vote on it for a protection point.

At 3/15/09 10:24 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Welcome back, Corky52!

Thank you.

At 3/15/09 02:29 PM, Corky52 wrote: I'll comment on this in our forums, but I like the idea. Perhaps we should talk about a certain B/P ratio for new members too. Or at least some sort of guideline for B/P so people aren't just saving everything. Something around a ratio of at least 2.5 saves to every 1 blam or so.
With all due respect, I disagree with this. I think we couldn't reject people just because of their ratio, specially when some of our members have a ratio higher than that.

Of course it would be incoming members of the club not the current members of the club. We have some members that are worse than a 5:1 ratio, which I don't really agree with.

We will usually talk about the ratio in our forums discussions when someone is applying to join, but there are some great people out there whose ratio are higher than that. Besides remember that at our current times getting blam points is difficult, so people who signed in recently will usually have more saves than blams.

Current times getting blam points is difficult? I really don't like when people say that... Just this week itself I have even amount of blams and saves. So can't any other person that votes fairly. Some weeks I have more total blams than saves and I'm getting around 300 B/P a week. Other times I have around the same exact amount, but never more than twice as many saves as blams.

Now my current totals might not show that, but that's because I wasn't an honest voter when I first joined. Anyone who is an honest voter can keep their ratio below a 2.5 easily. Hell I have 10,000 more saves than I do blams and my ratio is still under 2.5 so I'm sure they can do it too.

People with more of a ratio than that either don't vote fairly or have just changed their ways of voting recently and haven't had them catch up yet.

Anything more than a 3.0 ratio is getting a little crazy though.

At 3/15/09 11:45 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Well done to Corky52 welcome back EGB.

Thank you and congrats for being User of the Day on NG Log!

At 3/16/09 10:09 PM, Fremen wrote: Hey EGB,

As long as you want great quality sprite work than I'm not going to be of much help. :P

At 3/17/09 08:56 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: SEMI-URGENT NEWS.

I would humbly request that all Barracks members take a look at the following thread on our forums, and feel free to offer your opinions on the matter.

Linky

I can't believe they took it that far.. especially when the choices made were the right choices.

At 3/17/09 06:17 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
On another unrelated note, Newgrounds may have stopped an attack on a high school today. It's amazing to see that even the guys in General can work together when the need arises. :3

Just posting that tells me that he wanted to get caught because you don't ever tell someone else unless deep down inside you want to be stopped. As a way out of difficult things. I hope he finds out that he only made things worse now.

At 3/17/09 08:28 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I was looking at the comments on my latest news post, and realized that he had left a comment only minutes before making the threat. The matching aliases didn't connect in my mind until just now.

I feel dirty. :'(

Ha, I actually wanted to get a post in the thread before it was locked just so I could be a part of it in someway. As soon as I pushed the post button I found out it had been locked. Just seconds before it was locked.

At 3/18/09 07:27 AM, Phantom wrote:
but turning on Tails is plain fucking stupid.

Exactly.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-18 17:56:22

At 3/18/09 04:12 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Private Krev Zabijak reporting in for training, requesting my MOS number, sir!
(I had to put a military joke in, I had to.)

Congratulations on your ascension. You get to be the first new recruit to get our Code of Conduct copypasta thingy! :3

First, I will present you with the shortened code of conduct for the Barracks, along with links to the relevant FAQ's on our forums. You must read them, understand them, and post here again confirming that you accept those principles. A simple "yes, I agree" will be sufficient. This process serves two purposes:

1) Ensuring that you're not a "drive-by applicant" who asks to join and then never comes back, and

2) Ensuring that you know how we operate so there won't be any complications in the future, such as "wait, we're not supposed to be mass voting?".

After you agree to the code of conduct, the Barracks community will discuss your qualifications and decide whether to allow you into the group. Our requirements aren't too strict; beyond the main qualifications of 2500+ B/P and a Bronze Whistle or better, we'll be looking for sufficient post quality (low number of one-liners, intelligent posts that contribute to the topic), helpful reviews, any potentially problematic flashes, stuff like that. After discussion and a vote, I'll make the final call and PM you with the results. Assuming that no objections are raised, the process usually takes a day or two.

Here is our abbreviated Code of Conduct. Read it, learn it, and post again with confirmation of your understanding. If you can't abide by these principles, say so.

1. Voting fairly.

This is the foundation of the Elite Guard Barracks. All members are expected to give every flash a fair vote, regardless of who made it or what their group affiliations are. We do not target any flash group, not favorably or in opposition; our only enemies are those who break the rules of the site, not those who merely bend them.

Everyone has a different definition of quality, and all members are expected to vote based on what they honestly feel a flash deserves, not on whether they think the flash will pass or be blammed. While Barracks members are proud of their high ranks, and are eager to compete with others, a high B/P score means nothing if achieved through petty point-whore voting, and any member who admits to doing so will be removed from the organization.

2. Stopping Portal abuse.

Numerous stolen, malicious, and unsuitable flash are submitted to the Flash Portal every day, and it is our job to ensure that as many of them are removed as possible. Members are expected to report any suspicious flash to the Barracks, including any evidence or doubts that they might have, and only whistle something if they are sure, beyond a reasonable doubt, that it is whistle-worthy.

Just as with B/P, points mean nothing if achieved through inappropriate means. There should be no blind rush to whistle a flash that is merely suspected of wrongdoing; it's better to let an uncertain case go by rather than wrongly whistle an innocent submission. If evidence of wrongdoing is discovered after a flash passes judgment, we can always (and will always) inform Wade of our findings.

In the case of a beyond-reasonable-doubt rulebreaking flash, members are encouraged to share their results with the Newgrounds Police Department and the Newgrounds Department of Defense.

3. Cleaning up the review system.

Members are expected to be familiar with the review guidelines and whistle abusive reviews when they come across them, and report severe cases of abuse to a review mod. Additionally, members are expected to write helpful reviews, offering constructive criticism and remaining civil even when the author refuses to do so. We must set a good example for other Newgrounders, in hopes that they will improve their own reviews as well.

4. Setting an example for others to follow.

Barracks members are expected to post intelligently, contributing to threads rather than merely dropping a one-liner opinion on it. Flaming, spamming, and other ban-worthy behavior is strictly prohibited, and extreme misbehavior will lead to removal from the EGB.

Members are also expected to act civilly towards all Newgrounders. You are expected to be helpful and patient when dealing with newer members, whether simply showing them the FAQ or explaining more complex concepts that they do not understand. Concepts such as fair voting, intelligent posting/reviewing, and keeping an open mind are essential for newer members to learn, and we are just the ones to teach them.

For those with more experience, you are expected to show respect and understand that they may, in fact, know more about Newgrounds than you do, even if you're a seasoned veteran. This applies both to fellow Barracks members and Newgrounders in the general population.

Members are expected to put reasonable effort into any flash or audio submissions, and be careful with who they become Portal Buddies with. We are quite generous with our definition of reasonable effort; examples of unacceptable submissions would be static images, single frames, ridiculously small loops, or purposefully bad music. Anyone submitting rulebreaking content would, obviously, be removed from the Barracks and reported to Wade.

5. Not starting shit.

As mentioned above, the Barracks has no enemies beyond those who break the rules of the site. Our roster has included current and former members of various flash groups, including the Clock Crew, Barney Bunch, and Kitty Krew, and we are open to anyone willing to follow our principles. Barracks members are expected to be civil to others and not start fights, and anyone found to be starting shit with anyone, even if they deserve it, will be removed. You are representing the Barracks with your actions, and if your actions do not reflect our principles, you will not be a part of the organization.

6. Remaining active with the group.

Barracks members are expected to remain reasonably active in the thread, as well as with their duties. Those who are inactive for long periods (months) may be removed from the roster at any time, and rollcalls are occasionally sent out to all members to determine who is active. Members who expect to be inactive for some time due to IRL reasons (such as school, employment, vacation, etc) should inform the Barracks in advance.

In addition to the above, please examine the following materials.

The Barracks Manifesto
The Barracks FAQ

(FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT QUOTE THIS WHOLE GIANT THING)

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-18 18:02:35

Just checked out one of OO's flash, funny thing is that had they decide to raise their efforts more they could've done well

Wouldn't be the first time though

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-18 18:04:23

Delicious copypasta.
Of course, I certainly agree to everything contained therein. Oddly enough, I'd pretty much read all the FAQs at your boards long before I had reached Private. :)

And the quote thing made me grin.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-18 18:24:18

At 3/18/09 06:04 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Delicious copypasta.
Of course, I certainly agree to everything contained therein. Oddly enough, I'd pretty much read all the FAQs at your boards long before I had reached Private. :)

Excellent.

All Barracks members can go to the appropriate thread for discussion and voting. Remember that you must be logged in to view and post, and speak now or forever hold your peace.

And the quote thing made me grin.

It's actually part of the copypasta, lol, though sooner or later SOMEONE is going to do it anyway...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-18 22:40:06

Thanks for telling me corky52 I'm really thrilled at being User Of The Day on NGLog. But how did I get to be that by the way? Is it like a random process? its really odd seeing me on the front page of NGLog it is really cool though. Again voted for KrevZabijak. Lots of polls and stuff I like it very much. Glad to see Turd Of The Week looks legit to me Zacied I actually quite liked the flash shame it got such a low score. After the shambles of the past two weeks nice to see it was fairly won I hope.

Off topic have you seen the latest flash by HotDiggedyDemon called Jackie? spin off from Jerry not bad I know Phantom a huge Jerry fan

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-19 04:19:24

Can I join :D?
I have been saving allot of flashes lately but I have quite a few blams as well.

This post was valuable.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-19 05:22:44

At 3/19/09 04:19 AM, GeneralAC wrote: Can I join :D?
I have been saving allot of flashes lately but I have quite a few blams as well.

You currently do not have the required stats to join us; minimum requirements for membership are 2500+ B/P (Private or better) and a Bronze Whistle or better. You could apply to the Newgrounds Police Department, however.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-19 13:46:19

At 3/18/09 10:40 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Off topic have you seen the latest flash by HotDiggedyDemon called Jackie? spin off from Jerry not bad I know Phantom a huge Jerry fan

Hell yeah, I love his grim but funny style, I hated killing him in Portal Defenders, HDD is a great artist.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-19 14:52:20

At 3/19/09 01:46 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 3/18/09 10:40 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Off topic have you seen the latest flash by HotDiggedyDemon called Jackie? spin off from Jerry not bad I know Phantom a huge Jerry fan
Hell yeah, I love his grim but funny style, I hated killing him in Portal Defenders, HDD is a great artist.

Really? I thought it was funny how he still have that goofy smile after you decapitate him

Come to think of it...it's kind of creepy.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-19 17:16:58

At 3/17/09 07:46 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT QUOTE THIS WHOLE GIANT THING)

The really sad thing being that there's enough space in the post for me to and still 922 characters free :P

In other news... um... yeah.

So, how's everyone?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-19 17:25:07

At 3/19/09 05:16 PM, Coop83 wrote: So, how's everyone?

I submitted a somewhat less-than-serious flash today.

This is how much effort a spam flash should have. ;-)

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-19 17:39:41

At 3/19/09 05:16 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/17/09 07:46 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT QUOTE THIS WHOLE GIANT THING)
The really sad thing being that there's enough space in the post for me to and still 922 characters free :P

In other news... um... yeah.

So, how's everyone?

Fine.

It's inevatible

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-19 18:33:57

Oh jeez. ....

I have to play it, don't I?.. I just have to..

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-19 22:38:39

At 3/19/09 05:39 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7705
It's inevatible

Meh, it is, but that as a decent attempt at humor. I found it mildly amusing. Of course, I don't condone that kind of stuff, and feel it's a tad on the douche side, but it's quick and kind of funny.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 04:03:26

Well it seems that the portal is very slow at the moment maybe just because of what time it is where im at. But anyway voted on everything i could at the moment.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 05:10:57

At 3/19/09 05:39 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
Fine.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7705
It's inevatible

Yeah, I saw that one - mildly amusing, but not as darkly satirical as the movie account on the demise of livecorpse, which I actually found really funny.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 11:37:49

At 3/19/09 05:25 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: This is how much effort a spam flash should have. ;-)

Alias detection system...Fuck, you almost had me going. But, I have to hand it to you, it's better than most modern spam.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 18:07:41

At 3/19/09 05:25 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I submitted a somewhat less-than-serious flash today.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7664

So that's the kind of thing the Barney Bunch submitted? Hmm, maybe MrBlue's planned "comeback" will be a good thing, if they all have some humor like that. He still planning to go through with it?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 19:37:56

KrevZabijak (it's going to take me a while to memorize the spelling...) is accepted into the Barracks via unanimous decision. Welcome aboard! I've validated your account in the forums, so you now have full access.

At 3/20/09 06:07 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: So that's the kind of thing the Barney Bunch submitted? Hmm, maybe MrBlue's planned "comeback" will be a good thing, if they all have some humor like that. He still planning to go through with it?

Apparently so. More of the former members are getting together, but it's still pretty slow and small-time at this moment. We'll see. In any case, I'll probably be making a few more secret episodes, and if I get really bored I might host another Secret Episode Special for Barracks members to sign up for. :-D

In other news, rollcall ends today; I am compiling the results and will be sending them to Ismael92 shortly.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 21:07:52

At 3/20/09 07:37 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: KrevZabijak (it's going to take me a while to memorize the spelling...) is accepted into the Barracks via unanimous decision. Welcome aboard! I've validated your account in the forums, so you now have full access.

Brilliant! I pledge to blam and protect as a highly honorable user, and to not throw fruit at everyone.

Unless they ask me to.

Barney Bunch?... Should I be afraid or not?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 21:24:20

Ever wonder how Sirtom93 is doing?

The prison guard really didn't need to see that.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 21:44:20

You really put lots of effort into that flash although you call it spam it was funny, the computer voices are so funny. Speaktonia like they use for Clocks make flash amusing they add to the humor. I read your blog on sirtom93 Idiot-Finder it was very funny, little sick though but it was a funny read. I played the sirtom93 game I could only play the one though it will be interesting to see if more games crop up like that now he has could be infamous. Talking of which its very odd his comments have no mention of the later events, would have thought people would have spammed his page. Welcome to the barracks KrevZabijak. Its cool your submitting flash again though.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 23:04:08

At 3/18/09 05:56 PM, Corky52 wrote:
At 3/15/09 10:24 PM, Ismael92 wrote: We will usually talk about the ratio in our forums discussions when someone is applying to join, but there are some great people out there whose ratio are higher than that. Besides remember that at our current times getting blam points is difficult, so people who signed in recently will usually have more saves than blams.
Current times getting blam points is difficult? I really don't like when people say that... Just this week itself I have even amount of blams and saves. So can't any other person that votes fairly. Some weeks I have more total blams than saves and I'm getting around 300 B/P a week. Other times I have around the same exact amount, but never more than twice as many saves as blams.

I can't talk about my numbers right here because I haven't been really active in the portal lately. At least I haven't watched many things under judgment. But nowadays more things get protected than before, so actually it IS more difficult compared to years ago, when a lot of stuff got blammed. Now I'm not saying getting blam points is impossible, but just take a look at the portal:

Entries Blammed Yesterday 53
Entries Submitted Yesterday 117

So, if someone voted in every single flash yesterday, and got all points, he would have gotten more blams than saves... More than the double...

Now my current totals might not show that, but that's because I wasn't an honest voter when I first joined. Anyone who is an honest voter can keep their ratio below a 2.5 easily. Hell I have 10,000 more saves than I do blams and my ratio is still under 2.5 so I'm sure they can do it too.

It's good to know you're one of those people who changed their voting habits after realizing they were doing the wrong thing :)

People with more of a ratio than that either don't vote fairly or have just changed their ways of voting recently and haven't had them catch up yet.

Anything more than a 3.0 ratio is getting a little crazy though.

Yeah, you're right, but maybe we shouldn't be so strict. Usually in a day the saved/protected flashes ratio is not like that (3.0), but sometimes people miss some blam points because submissions which don't pass judgment get blammed in a short time, while the other remain longer. It happens to me all the time, I hate seeing the URL of flashes under judgment and realize I "lost" some blam points...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7393

It was a great submission. If I ever have a son, and if he ever asks me what a routine is, I'll show him that flash. OK, maybe I won't, but it's still a great movie.

I'd say I've been tired because of schools and that's why I haven't posted much lately... But that would be a huge lie, I'm just lazy...

At 3/19/09 05:25 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I submitted a somewhat less-than-serious flash today.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7664

What?! Several frames?! ActionScript?! Fun?! I haven't seen spam like that...

At 3/20/09 07:37 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: KrevZabijak (it's going to take me a while to memorize the spelling...) is accepted into the Barracks via unanimous decision. Welcome aboard! I've validated your account in the forums, so you now have full access.

Welcome to the Barracks! That's indeed a weird spelling :/

At 3/20/09 06:07 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: So that's the kind of thing the Barney Bunch submitted? Hmm, maybe MrBlue's planned "comeback" will be a good thing, if they all have some humor like that. He still planning to go through with it?
Apparently so. More of the former members are getting together, but it's still pretty slow and small-time at this moment. We'll see. In any case, I'll probably be making a few more secret episodes, and if I get really bored I might host another Secret Episode Special for Barracks members to sign up for. :-D

lol, I'm looking forward to seeing more of that "spam".

In other news, rollcall ends today; I am compiling the results and will be sending them to Ismael92 shortly.

I received your PM. I'll be sure to include it in the next roster. And luckily it will take less time :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-20 23:52:52

My username is from the Czech language, literally means "blood killer." I can take Krev for short. :)

Although I'm Acadian (Cajun) and not Czech.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 04:32:00

Welcome Krev! I look forward to the usual anal-initiation.

Seriously though, welcome aboard and have a good time fighting abuse in the portal.

and yes I was kidding about the anal-initiation

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 10:31:46

At 3/20/09 11:52 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: My username is from the Czech language, literally means "blood killer." I can take Krev for short. :)

Although I'm Acadian (Cajun) and not Czech.

Glad to have you in the Barracks, Krev!
*Salutes*

On a side note: It is an interesting name. My guess is that you don't raise bunny rabbits for a living with a handle like that!

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 13:22:31

What? No anal? But I already got used to it over in the NGPD.

Psssh, what a letdown you guys are.

I'm a blood spatter analyst for our giant local crime lab. Wheeeeee.