00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,000,148 Views | 60,725 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 13:36:42

At 3/21/09 01:22 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: What? No anal? But I already got used to it over in the NGPD.

Anal... huh we don't do that here. You will have to get used to the ear sex we get once every saturday which is today @;-}>

Psssh, what a letdown you guys are.

No we are just different and thers nothing wrong with that.

I'm a blood spatter analyst for our giant local crime lab. Wheeeeee.

Ok now i am confused you just don't make any sence.... but i think you will fit in here just fine @;-}>

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 14:38:21

At 3/21/09 01:36 PM, idiot-buster wrote: No we are just different and thers nothing wrong with that.

I put it into a quote so you would know I was being funny. .. sorry, sometimes my jokes go under the radar.. I had intended no harm.

Ok now i am confused you just don't make any sence.... but i think you will fit in here just fine @;-}>

I'm a forensic scientist... Do you watch CSI? Stuff like that, except their jobs couldn't possibly exist in real life.. No one can run labs, DNA matches, be a first responder to a crime scene, AND also legally carry a badge and a gun all at the same time while solving crimes in 30 minutes.
I wish solving could be that fast.. I really do.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 14:43:34

Hey sorry for the quick double post but I need an answer fairly swiftly:

That flash was made for the sole purpose of advertising their site. Is that whistle-able, and under which category if so?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 15:00:33

At 3/21/09 02:43 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Hey sorry for the quick double post but I need an answer fairly swiftly:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7972
That flash was made for the sole purpose of advertising their site. Is that whistle-able, and under which category if so?

As I expected it was blammed, but even so it would be nice to know if this is allowed. I generally just go with blamming pure advertisement and usually so does most of the NG community.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 17:11:17

At 3/20/09 07:37 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: KrevZabijak (it's going to take me a while to memorize the spelling...) is accepted into the Barracks via unanimous decision. Welcome aboard! I've validated your account in the forums, so you now have full access.

We might have to think of a shorter version of his name to make things easier.

Great job on making it into the club. The only recommendation that I have is to work on your reviews a little bit. That seemed to be the general consensus from most of the people in the club that voted.

At 3/20/09 11:04 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
Blams and saves stuff

I see where your coming from. I still can't see people having more than a 3:1 ratio even if they had the worst timing in the world.

Also, the Sirtom videos/games were funny at first, but just like anything once they are done time after time they aren't as funny anymore. People really know how to ruin good things.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 17:21:16

At 3/21/09 05:11 PM, Corky52 wrote:
At 3/20/09 07:37 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: KrevZabijak (it's going to take me a while to memorize the spelling...) is accepted into the Barracks via unanimous decision. Welcome aboard! I've validated your account in the forums, so you now have full access.
We might have to think of a shorter version of his name to make things easier.

of HER name... and yes, is Krev
right?

Great job on making it into the club. The only recommendation that I have is to work on your reviews a little bit. That seemed to be the general consensus from most of the people in the club that voted.

i agree with Corky on this... also try to avoid the 'one line' post
a lot of very short post make you looks like if you only were posting to got the stat +1

Also, the Sirtom videos/games were funny at first, but just like anything once they are done time after time they aren't as funny anymore. People really know how to ruin good things.

i'm kind of worried ppl do jokes about it... i mean, i consider it very serious and all those flashes, make it sound like if all were just an small joke that anyone could do

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 22:21:07

Sir! this guy been shown here before but now since I looked he has submitted another two flashes I show you here.

Which may be stolen from here

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Akirasan /sensou Actually may be stolen says game made by Akirasan. That is not the author name here!

Stolen maybe from http://www.allfreegames.eu/free-online-g ames-play-Ben+10+Jigsaw-3def6d2255c3a191 4d25c02031034b03.html

First one of course was this one

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 7584 Again stolen from here

http://www.kongregate.com/games/JFlash/b obs-revenge

He has got one under admin review already I think I going to pm Tom Fulp about this is very suspect.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 22:32:19

http://www.how-to-draw-cartoons-online.c om/index.html

Sorry forgot to include this is the link on his page but its not related I don't think to the flashes I linked.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 23:21:49

At 3/21/09 05:21 PM, aldlv wrote:
i'm kind of worried ppl do jokes about it... i mean, i consider it very serious and all those flashes, make it sound like if all were just an small joke that anyone could do

It is a very serious thing, and there are going to be those bastards that make fun of it, but quite frankly, Tom is an idiot. First, he nonchalantly posts that he's going to burn down his school, then actually brings in the fuel can and matches.

With posts on Newgrounds, most are skeptical about things like that, especially the way he put it. I guess he was trying to make it a joke so no one would believe him. But really, anyone could do something like this; it's not like he actually burned down his school; only threatened to and brought in the gasoline. Anyone can point a gun at someone, but it takes a real balls to pull the trigger

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-21 23:35:09

An admittedly stolen flash, author is one "Tanaka U." as credited in the opening sequence:

Why admit you stole it.. and upload it?
(crossposted to NGPD for their users with garbage whistles)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-22 10:30:24

At 3/21/09 02:38 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 3/21/09 01:36 PM, idiot-buster wrote: No we are just different and thers nothing wrong with that.
I put it into a quote so you would know I was being funny. .. sorry, sometimes my jokes go under the radar.. I had intended no harm.

No harm was done i forgot to add my little smile that i use often @;-}> this usually means i'm just messing with you and everthing before that was me just joking or just being a ass as usual. So don't worry about me acting in a strange manner, because it happens all the time.

I'm a forensic scientist... Do you watch CSI? Stuff like that, except their jobs couldn't possibly exist in real life.. No one can run labs, DNA matches, be a first responder to a crime scene, AND also legally carry a badge and a gun all at the same time while solving crimes in 30 minutes.
I wish solving could be that fast.. I really do.

Oh that has to be a great job to have, i right now do not have a job. Well i never attempted to get one int the first place so no efferot on my part. So if you don't mind me asking how does oa job like that pay, i'm assuming it can be quite a well paying job. To answer your first question that i read, but i over looked. No i don't watch CSI, but i know what you are talking about though.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-22 14:10:47

Heh, it has zeroes on the end of it that's all I care. Feeds me and my dogs. Not a tiny salary, but I won't get a BMW as fast as a doctor or lawyer, for example.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-22 19:05:56

At 3/22/09 02:10 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Heh, it has zeroes on the end of it that's all I care. Feeds me and my dogs. Not a tiny salary, but I won't get a BMW as fast as a doctor or lawyer, for example.

Wait, you're an actual CSI? That's pretty cool.

Yeah, I've toured the crime lab near us for a Boy Scout thing. Found out CSI is barely related to real life. Like how people work 5 different areas, and can look at test results and know what they are. They also leave out the 8 hours it takes to run a DNA sample, and the 13486431357654 pages needed for a report.

That trip ruined the show for me.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-22 21:53:09

This is hateful towards Krinkels and Daigon99, so does that fall under the whistle category of hateful?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/488205

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-22 22:44:16

At 3/22/09 09:53 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: This is hateful towards Krinkels and Daigon99, so does that fall under the whistle category of hateful?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 8205

Looks like it was blammed. I've seen plenty of movies make it by that were hateful towards users and they were never whistled, even though I imagine that it is capable of being flagged because it would go under the hateful guideline.

If anyone has seen the portal it looks like we have the BB as a spam crew now. Thing is their submissions really aren't too bad. The graphics and animation are really good, but it's just a really short loop.

It's going to be interesting coming up with how to vote with them because quality is there. The one that I did watch really does deserve a 2.00 so I voted 2 on it. (In my opinion at least)

Is this the quality that you were talking about with spam Slash?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-22 22:54:52

Yes I just watched another one under judgment and its pretty good it what I call quality spam. Its got good animation and its looks like they have tried. I like The Owl Orchid group although the into annoying after a while. They seem like like there stuff is not harmful as of yet hopefully they wont submit bad stuff which break the rules. CSI that is amazing you do that job. I played a game today in the top five about sirtom93 not bad good quality and quite funny and not spam. Some good stuff in today's portal. Even Socam Squad have got a decent score for once. I have seen a few spins off crew lately not bad OO is one BB of course another.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-22 23:04:38

At 3/22/09 10:44 PM, Corky52 wrote:
If anyone has seen the portal it looks like we have the BB as a spam crew now. Thing is their submissions really aren't too bad. The graphics and animation are really good, but it's just a really short loop.

No, there not as bad as some of the spam crews that i have seen in the past months :::the meny of Chris beers crews::: They should be watched, because i have been on three diffenent forums of the three newest spam crews and they are all instigating a flame war with one another. And i will have to go threw some of there pages but in the next few weeks the portal may need some watching.

It's going to be interesting coming up with how to vote with them because quality is there. The one that I did watch really does deserve a 2.00 so I voted 2 on it. (In my opinion at least)

The way i voted on it was a 1 because of the fact that alot of them are almost identical with not much change between some of them. I just don't feel that submitting things that are so similar diserve to pass.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-22 23:39:04

The Bagel Brigade now, eh? Well, they ain't breaking no rules that I've seen, and their flashes are somewhat amusing, so whatever. This flash group war is getting a little ridiculous, though. There needs to be a single mighty group, one group to rule them all...

THE REAL BB WILL ALWAYS BE THE BARNEY BUNCH. ;-)

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-23 01:13:10

I'm just waiting for a parody group. (I'm sure there have been many, but I'm new and don't know the history.)
Imagine logging in one day to see a (GFPBAC) (Group Flash Party Brigade Assocation Crew) flash or something like that.
That's a name worthy of whatever hijinks you could pull.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-23 10:07:12

At 3/22/09 10:44 PM, Corky52 wrote: If anyone has seen the portal it looks like we have the BB as a spam crew now. Thing is their submissions really aren't too bad. The graphics and animation are really good, but it's just a really short loop.

Not all spam groups are bad, and in fact, not all groups are bad. If they make good animations, they aren't a spam group. They're like the Clock Crew.

At 3/22/09 11:39 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: THE REAL BB WILL ALWAYS BE THE BARNEY BUNCH. ;-)

Of course. Just like the only KK will be the Kitty Krew and the CC be the Clock Crew, the BB will always be the Barney Bunch, and strike fear in the hearts of man.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-23 18:41:15

At 3/22/09 11:39 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: The Bagel Brigade now, eh? Well, they ain't breaking no rules that I've seen, and their flashes are somewhat amusing, so whatever. This flash group war is getting a little ridiculous, though. There needs to be a single mighty group, one group to rule them all...

What is with all the small spam crews comming up all over the place. There not the big ones of the past either, from what i've been reasearching the Bagel Brigade is only a small crew with 6-7 members i am unsure of the correct amount but it is small compared to the KK which had well over 100 members. They all seem to have it out for the FF, it's unclear why this is i see no reason to try to out spam one another.

THE REAL BB WILL ALWAYS BE THE BARNEY BUNCH. ;-)

Yes you guys where quite the crew back in the day from what i've heard.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-23 21:42:11

Fuck remember that asshole Blankscreen well he submitted a hardcore NSFW movie of a women sucking a man cock. I thought it looked funny when I saw the title and it had a decent score. I will have to report it to Tom Fulp this is gross and its not suitable for all!

Anyway got a PM from Tom Fulp about that link I posted all the flashes are now in the obituaries, although his account still there oddly. Yes BB should be Barney Bunch as you say Owl Orchid kinda a rip off Kitty Krew, although there flash has not broken any rules. This guy must have file swapped this I bet he will change this is tomorrow, how the fuck did it pass?! There does seem to be lots of new spam groups recently.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-23 22:22:50

KrevZabijak, I think your work is kinda Dexter's, isn't it? I hope you know that show, it's awesome. I couldn't stand something like that, I don't like blood because of a bad childhood experience. :/ Real blood, not like that fake thing from the movies.

At 3/22/09 10:54 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: I played a game today in the top five about sirtom93 not bad good quality and quite funny and not spam.

lol I played it today and actually it was fun.

At 3/23/09 09:42 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Anyway got a PM from Tom Fulp about that link I posted all the flashes are now in the obituaries, although his account still there oddly.

Well it's good to know Tom has been deleting stuff lately. Bob's revenge was posted here too and I had sent a PM to Wade before, but anyway it's cool since it was deleted :)

Like you said all the author's submissions were deleted, he had like 5 at least. Also go read his current news post, it's pretty funny and stupid haha

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-23 23:29:41

Yes, Dexter is one of my favorite shows besides House. I get commends from friends all the time about my personality being a mix between Dex and House.
So, I was told by a mod a few days ago to PM any 'forum mod' if a file passed judgement and is fileswapped but apparently they were wrong.
So it's up to just Wade and/or Tom and a few weeks of waiting to get this drivel removed, or what?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-24 05:32:54

Wade is the one to contact when a rulebreaking flash has passed judgment, though it may take a while to handle it as he's got lots of shit to do. Be sure to include all possible information about whatever it is you're messaging him about, because he will ignore you if you just send him a link and "DELETE THIS" or whatever. Wade rarely responds to individual messages, so just keep checking the link.

And before anyone contacts Wade, they're supposed to make a post to that effect, so only one Barracks member is dealing with it. We don't want a half dozen people bugging Wade about the same goddamn thing and pissing him off.

Forum mods have absolutely zero ability to do anything to a flash beyond what a normal Newgrounder can do; while Portal Mods are a frequent topic of discussion at the Barracks, there's little reason to believe such a position will be created anytime in the near future. While BBS mods do have a much easier time talking to Tom or Wade, you shouldn't bother forum mods with something that isn't their job to deal with.

As the EGB restructuring continues (I've been taking a little break for the past few days after the rollcall and everything, but I'll be back to full activity soon), I'll be making a thread to list all stolen/abusive flash that we've found, so we can cross off what gets deleted and re-examine what remains; it will be the responsibility of the Portal Violations Officer to maintain it.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-24 11:04:43

At 3/24/09 05:32 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I'll be making a thread to list all stolen/abusive flash that we've found, so we can cross off what gets deleted and re-examine what remains; it will be the responsibility of the Portal Violations Officer to maintain it.

A Portal Violations division within the Barracks would make a bit more sense, that way you have a handful of users who will contact Wade about a flash and those users will all know who has, that way it doesn't have to be annoucned to the whole of the Barracks, which would speed up the process.

Other Barracks members could pass on flash to the said division and they look into it, one of them then passes it on. I think that would save a bit of time anyway, assiging members to appropriate divisions too, then ranking them and that's where you can include B/P and/or whistle level for ranks and promotions.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-24 15:54:32

I know I'm not much of a poster here but I have a serious question about the portal/newgrounds. Allow me to explain if you will, yesterday I was doing some routine maintanace on the P.C and I found some spyware(about 5 seprate ones), after a bit of effort and time I found out it had come from here. My first assumption was the portal and seeing how as a group we probably spend the most time in there I was wondering if you guys have had any history of this nature?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-24 16:10:28

It's unlikly you are going to get spyware from a flash unless it either redirects or spawns popups to a website which will download it. It's happend in the past but I don't think it's too common, I would think you got it somewhere else, if you search for the name of the spyware you found, you might find the most likly sources.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-24 16:20:42

At 3/21/09 05:21 PM, aldlv wrote:
of HER name... and yes, is Krev

Haha, I swear I'll get it right next time. I guarantee that I get it right next time by making next time right now. But is it next time if it's right now? Who cares.. Krev is a she, a her, a girl, etc... I will not call Krev a him, he, boy, guy, man, etc.. from now on.

At 3/21/09 11:21 PM, TheThing wrote:
It is a very serious thing, and there are going to be those bastards that make fun of it, but quite frankly, Tom is an idiot. First, he nonchalantly posts that he's going to burn down his school, then actually brings in the fuel can and matches.

Which means he wanted to be caught right? You don't say something like that unless you really want to be caught.

With posts on Newgrounds, most are skeptical about things like that, especially the way he put it. I guess he was trying to make it a joke so no one would believe him.

I don't believe he was trying to joke. I don't think he was ever going to do it, but that he was trying to make his peers fear him. He doesn't want anyone to pick on him and now they won't do it. Not in front of his face at least.

But really, anyone could do something like this; it's not like he actually burned down his school; only threatened to and brought in the gasoline. Anyone can point a gun at someone, but it takes a real balls to pull the trigger

It takes real balls to pull a trigger? Wow.. that is one of the most terrible things that I have ever heard. That's the total opposite of what a person should think. It's almost like your nagging someone on.

It takes a man with balls to realize how stupid something is and not pull the trigger.

It takes a wussy who want's to take the easy way out to pull the trigger.

At 3/23/09 10:07 AM, TheThing wrote:
Not all spam groups are bad, and in fact, not all groups are bad. If they make good animations, they aren't a spam group. They're like the Clock Crew.

If they make good animations they aren't spam groups? Spam can be animated well and still be spam.

This means if something has amazing graphics, but is only a 10 second loop and the person submits two a day that are almost all the same that it's not spam because it has good animation? That's a weird way of thinking of things.

At 3/24/09 03:54 PM, ever-vigilant wrote: I know I'm not much of a poster here but I have a serious question about the portal/newgrounds. Allow me to explain if you will, yesterday I was doing some routine maintanace on the P.C and I found some spyware(about 5 seprate ones), after a bit of effort and time I found out it had come from here. My first assumption was the portal and seeing how as a group we probably spend the most time in there I was wondering if you guys have had any history of this nature?

I don't think all of this spyware is bad though. I think some of it is just stuff that remembers your password, etc..

I'm pretty sure they are just some files that newgrounds saves to your computer, but I really don't know that much about the subject. Perhaps you got them from a malicious flash submission or something of the sort. I'd just check if they keep coming back from newgrounds and if they do I don't think they are going to hurt anything.

To phantomlassuk, great job finding the stolen flashes like always. You really are good at that. I don't know how you do it.

On another note, blams are plentiful this week. I have many more than I do saves at the moment even though it's only Monday. I like when things work out like this.

Lastly, to those who didn't notice yet we have a new review moderator. Stop by and congratulate them on the honor.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-24 16:51:16

I was wondering if anyone can explain something to me: As per my understanding with the EGB when I was accepted, I've been working on adding meaningful posts, reviews, etc, and staying away from flame wars and such. This morning, I had a whopping 101 flash reviews (hey, for me, that's a lot!) - and now, it's back down to 100. Usually, when one of my reviews gets deleted, I get a lovely message from the 'bot, who proceeds to tell me I've been naughty and can't say what I wrote.

Now, I've been a good little poster for many moons, being very careful of what I write, so I wasn't expecting anything to be deleted. Is there a reason why one of my posts was removed, and yet I received no message? If posts are "too old" (so many years have passed) are they removed due to age?

I looked through my recent posts - they all seem to be there. It may have been an older one. I just don't know which one is gone... Just a little mystery - any ideas?

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature