00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChironCaverns just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush

11,752 Views | 186 Replies

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 03:15:05

ah. i would write a long and intellegent post to this topic, however it is getting late. so i'll make this short.

1)if women were in higher positions, this wouldn't be happening, period.

2)Canadians, please get off your high horses. other than a few talented actors/musicians, nothing truly worthy comes from your country.

3)yes, america is not perfect. we are only 206 yrs old. what were other countries doing when they were only 200 yrs old? warring most likely. Yes this is the modern world but we're not as experienced as "jolly ole england."

4) if there was no green party, gore would have won easily. and the polls are not accurate. we did a study of this in civics. of a population of 50,000+ only a 1,000 would get polled. now, is that accurate? and if a question was oddly worded, the answers would be off. (i'd explain if i had the time)

5) i say the US should fix their messes, close up the SoA, and not help another country. if people are going to be ungrateful, then let's not bother. as for the current situation. no bombs, if it comes to war, hand to hand is always best.

6)a friend's response to the playground analogy: the US are not the bullies. rather we are the smart kid that the other's are jealous of. so we get kicked around even if we try to help. (not my op but my friend's)

flame all u like.
diana moon

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 03:38:58

At 11/19/02 03:15 AM, AniDreamer wrote: ah. i would write a long and intellegent post to this topic, however it is getting late. so i'll make this short.

First of all, don't get me started on women. Clean my friggin dishes, make me some pie and get your fat asses out from in front of the tv, ladies - the existence of Oprah doesn't mean that any of you now have some kind of intelligence worthy of leadership.

2)Canadians, please get off your high horses. other than a few talented actors/musicians, nothing truly worthy comes from your country.

How about the majority of American energy? How about training grounds for your friggin' army AND navy? Above all, how about the sense of pacifism that Canada has added to the world, probably due to the fact that we can walk down a quiet street in the city and not worry about getting shot, mugged, or raped? Americans are constantly on their high horses - maybe if you start going through life without the idea that "I am invincible" and you'll see a small shade of what it is to be Canadian.

3)yes, america is not perfect. we are only 206 yrs old. what were other countries doing when they were only 200 yrs old? warring most likely. Yes this is the modern world but we're not as experienced as "jolly ole england."

So basically, wage war on every living thing until America is officially 1000 years old... ok, that makes a lick of sense. Age is irrelevant, woman. European countries that were established 1000 years ago are still warring.

4) if there was no green party, gore would have won easily. and the polls are not accurate. we did a study of this in civics. of a population of 50,000+ only a 1,000 would get polled. now, is that accurate? and if a question was oddly worded, the answers would be off. (i'd explain if i had the time)

That's close to being true. And if Gore won, we wouldn't be having this argument because he wouldn't be pointing the missiles at every living thing.

5) i say the US should fix their messes, close up the SoA, and not help another country. if people are going to be ungrateful, then let's not bother. as for the current situation. no bombs, if it comes to war, hand to hand is always best.

Yes, the USA should fix their messes, but lets face it, every war the US has entered in the last century, they were minority players in it. Sure, you can give all that BS about how the world would have been destroyed in WW II, and how good ol' Uncle Sam saved the world. Please, please take note of the fact that American troops were nowhere fucking near to being the majority in that war, and that it was merely a leg up to aid the forces of good (a leg up that was frickin late, too)

6)a friend's response to the playground analogy: the US are not the bullies. rather we are the smart kid that the other's are jealous of. so we get kicked around even if we try to help. (not my op but my friend's)

The USA is one big bully. I merely hope that the people and the dumbassed leader understand this before more tragedies happen and Bush leads the world to death.

flame all u like.
diana moon

Look at the fucking broad picture, broad.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 09:07:02

I had this discussion with 3 Norwegians that came into my bar. No joke. They said they are one of the luckiest countries in the world. Why? They are inconsequential. The Russians liberated Norway during World War II and were the only country they withdrew from. They didn't have anything of value to make occupation worthwhile. We joked about how we all keep hearing everyone say, "I am sick of this, I am going to Australia." This IS NOT an insult. Canadians are inconsequential. Nobody is going to invade you. You guys are there. To run on the analogy, you guys are the kids having a smoke in the parking lot while the bullies are fighting out in the yard.

By the way, it is obvious the presidential election shit is being used by a platform by both sides in this post. Though I lean on the conservative side I was not pleased with either canidate at the time. Beyond Florida there were 5 other states within 80,000 votes of each other. As someone posted earlier the truth lies in between each argument. I think what both sides refuse to admit is both their canidates sucked. This is clear fact because when was the last time the country was split this drammatically? Only in America could we get upset about which dumb little rich boy, who never worked a day in his life, will run the country. Because that is what they both are, like it or not.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 09:11:28

Don't bother responding to Gollum. He is so obvious a brain washed Nazi sympathizer. Maybe you and your goose stepping gang may be able to start the IVth Reich down there in Argentina but we will be there to crush your sorry ass.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 10:49:17

Hmm, I didn't mention anything about WWII and I wasn't going to. Not every american went to a crappy public school. I was taught history you know. I know what America did and didn't do to help other countries. So don't jump to conclusions that I was going to bring up that excuse. All I was saying was that we should fix our messes, like the the trouble the military has brought into Central America over the past 30 years. And not start new messes, i.e. this "war on terror" bush keep's blathering about.

As for the age comment, did i say that? Nope. I'm just saying that we're not perfect and we shouldn't be expected to be all moralistic and unselfish (though that would be nice) as other countries are. As someone else said (or maybe it was you in a previous post), this country was built on war. And sadly those tendencies haven't gone through our system. I also didn't say that we should war w/ other countries b/c of age. I've been to Hiroshima, I've seen what our nukes did. It was terrible, I would never want that to happen again.

I've never gone with "america is invcible" attitude. that's ridiculus. Just because certain individuals have that, and most of the republicans act like that does not mean the entire freaking country is like that. Though it may seem that way, the people don't have a say in the government and in the military for the fact that everyone is too fucking lazy to vote, to research and to protest. If *all* the people in america who are against this "war on terror" protested suddenly, then maybe Bush would realize "oh golly gee, maybe i'm doing something wrong."

And I don't know where YOU have been, but where I live (good old california) I CAN walk the street without worry. I have no troubles. The only true bother I have are the homeless people (but that's the same issue of the people too lazy to do anything about helping the homeless).

I do look at the big picture, and all I see are whining assholes who don't know any better.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 18:44:54

At 11/19/02 03:15 AM, AniDreamer wrote:

flame all u like.
diana moon

good points but y does everyone hate Canada. I've tryed to put a stop to that but assholes (possible from Canada) keep giving ppl reasons to hate us. Plz don't stereo type Canadians (excluding Quebec). O and ur right about everything else.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 18:48:09

At 11/19/02 03:38 AM, ludrunk wrote:
At 11/19/02 03:15 AM, AniDreamer wrote: ah. i would write a long and intellegent post to this topic, however it is getting late. so i'll make this short.

First of all, don't get me started on women. Clean my friggin dishes, make me some pie and get your fat asses out from in front of the tv, ladies - the existence of Oprah doesn't mean that any of you now have some kind of intelligence worthy of leadership.

How about the majority of American energy? How about training grounds for your friggin' army AND navy? Above all, how about the sense of pacifism that Canada has added to the world, probably due to the fact that we can walk down a quiet street in the city and not worry about getting shot, mugged, or raped? Americans are constantly on their high horses - maybe if you start going through life without the idea that "I am invincible" and you'll see a small shade of what it is to be Canadian.

So basically, wage war on every living thing until America is officially 1000 years old... ok, that makes a lick of sense. Age is irrelevant, woman. European countries that were established 1000 years ago are still warring.

That's close to being true. And if Gore won, we wouldn't be having this argument because he wouldn't be pointing the missiles at every living thing.

Yes, the USA should fix their messes, but lets face it, every war the US has entered in the last century, they were minority players in it. Sure, you can give all that BS about how the world would have been destroyed in WW II, and how good ol' Uncle Sam saved the world. Please, please take note of the fact that American troops were nowhere fucking near to being the majority in that war, and that it was merely a leg up to aid the forces of good (a leg up that was frickin late, too)

The USA is one big bully. I merely hope that the people and the dumbassed leader understand this before more tragedies happen and Bush leads the world to death.

flame all u like.
diana moon

c wat i mean?

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 20:55:27

If Polls are BS and Bush is really unpopular then how did the Republicans win the close senate races he campaigned for? And if you say the election is rigged, why isn't all of the house and the Senate democratic?
well?

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 21:12:34

At 11/19/02 03:38 AM, ludrunk wrote:

wow. At the end of WW2 the only remaining soldiers of any value were the Americans, the British, the Austrailians and the Canadians. (In order of relevence). The US could have stopped Hitler in the Atlantic becuase his submarines were nearly useless when we came in. (American ingenuity devoloping detection techniques). If the Japanese weren't scared of us then they wouldn't have tried to destroy the American fleet at Pearl Harbor. The main reason we didn't jump in as soon as Hitler invaded Poland was because it was NONE OF OUR DAMN BUSINESS, and becuase Europe shafted us after we loaned them funds during and after WW1. (I believe Denmark was they only one who had paid us back.)

The US acts as the request of the UN 99.9% of the time.
Bill Clinton said something to the effect that we had no business in Bosnia but the UN said go and we went.

flame all u like.
diana moon

Now your history

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-19 21:29:27

You know what? Before this topic came about, I never met a Canadian I didn't like. And I've met many. They always seem to be quirky and nice. I had *no* idea that lots of Canadians (and not just at NG.com) hate America. That I can honestly say has opened my eyes, on our northern neighbors. It just doesn't make any sense. So thank you, I now know how ugly Canadians are. (and i don't mean physically)

Okay, that's all I have to say on this topic. Despite some anal retentive idiots there were some good and informative posts.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-20 00:42:15

Wow... looks like I finally shut Gollum up :)
Thats a nice thing to see... both him admitting defeat, and noone else having to read his stupid ass posts!

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-20 16:12:54

Fuck Shean Penn I hope he gets hit by a nuke.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-20 16:46:29

Fuck corporate America....Fuck it! Bush should be smacked in his damn face and spit on.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-21 19:40:38

At 11/19/02 09:29 PM, AniDreamer wrote: You know what? Before this topic came about, I never met a Canadian I didn't like. And I've met many. They always seem to be quirky and nice. I had *no* idea that lots of Canadians (and not just at NG.com) hate America. That I can honestly say has opened my eyes, on our northern neighbors. It just doesn't make any sense. So thank you, I now know how ugly Canadians are. (and i don't mean physically)

Okay, that's all I have to say on this topic. Despite some anal retentive idiots there were some good and informative posts.

seriously leave Canada out of this

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-22 08:35:38

well regarding the comment on bush being a dumbass id say his coke habits fried his brain like his happy pretzle caper or the fact he was having children read to him rather him to them or his rather juicy tidbits of intelligence such as "fool me once shame on you fool me twice..um..er..cant fool me again" among many many other famous qoutes that only the stupidest man on earth could blunder

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-22 08:42:44

its simple you have the 911 incident so now bush*the cause* is now our savior and since he was hellbent on going to war to make sure he would be reelected due to peoples fear of changing presidents mid war as for the mid terms you got the white house and all backing the republican side as well as billion doller industries while the democrats and others are too scared to go against the bush administration i men theres endless facts they could drop on the republicans including treason and exloitation of american casualties but nobody will talk about that because the news wont say it in fear of repricutions from there parent companies as well as from the administration so the democrats and others just sit with there thumbs up there asses and dont even bother to advertise themselfs i mean i saw at least a republican ad or mud sling every night at least 3 or 4 times a night i saw a democrat ad mabey once a week at around mabey 11 pm you do thte math

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-22 08:59:01

in terms of power your damn right the us as well as a multi national *illegal* invasion of a soverien country which by the un's own charter is a serious violation and would end up taking bush to the court over war crimes had we not been the most powerful country on the planet the scale of might in a war against a though quiet rich country oil wise*you notice all the axis of evil just happens to be the points of global economic control? afganistan for a launch platform for all points or eurasia and iraq for the largest oil fields on earth as well as easy access to neighboring countries oil which well take the moment they look at us badly or just not give it to us* anywho back to my point of terms of power iraqs military is just round vietnam war era stuff and much is broke or easily damaged by the harsh weather of the desert such as the AK lil sand makes it useless a great choice of weapon for a desert fight:| and there aircraft are throw aways from the korea war there tanks are also ww2 to vietnam era technology as for the troops there only motivation to fight is fight the americans or we kill your family so moment we shoot at them bout half surrender and our military is the highest funded on the planet as well as just got a huge boost so we have the most up to date weapons as well as the capability to kill basically every major instillation and troop buildup without sending one soldier so basically its battlemechs VS cavemen yes the odds are sooo in favor of saddam hes such a threat considering his lack of icbms our spossed anti nuclear capabilities that bush spent over 700 billion funding round the beggining of his term*you all remeber the redoing of the starwars program dont ya, where all the money go why we see no progress???* if its nukes in the states then all this is false security you go to what used to be the soviet union and one of its desperate military run subcountries and put out a few mill you can buy fully functional warheads and smuggle them into the usa*oh comeon i smuggle shit across the mexican border CONSTANTLY you just go by boat theres the basic harbor patrol as well as the coast gaurd both will ignore you if you got a us flag ang look legitamit*

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-22 09:03:12

jesus christ sorry bout the grammer and spelling im tired im alil ill and i been up for 3 days working on a game i wanna make for newgrounds that so far is so damn big and long its already about 45 min long and over 30 meg and im still waiting on a reply regarding creating an hp system:|

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-22 10:40:44

At 11/22/02 09:03 AM, sandalphon wrote: jesus christ sorry bout the grammer and spelling im tired im alil ill and i been up for 3 days working on a game i wanna make for newgrounds that so far is so damn big and long its already about 45 min long and over 30 meg and im still waiting on a reply regarding creating an hp system:|

First of all... Im not seeing you as they type to make a game... second of all, the portal won't accept movies or games anywhere's near 30 meg! Thats just retarded! With the way that newgrounds moves it would take even a high speed internet user over an hour to download that stupid file. You really should get some sleep, your last several posts were completely incoherent, and if the game you are making is made with the same quality as your posts you should consider not adding that HP system but rather depositing that "game" of yours in the recycle bin and hit *EMPTY*

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 04:06:46

At 11/14/02 04:47 PM, seanbonner wrote:

president,xenophobia,summary?huh.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 04:36:23

ok

still doesn't work s
df
ds
f
sdf
sd
fs
df
sdf
sd
f
sdf
sd
fsd

fs

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 04:37:41

ok

still doesn't work s
df
ds
f
sdf
sd
fs
df
sdf
sd
sdfo check out. I'd like to hear what you all think about it...

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 04:48:44

Dictionary miracle II Kor 5:17.

Deo gratias,de profundis.Gloria in excelsis .In te,Domine,speravi jus sicinum bona fide!
Deus vobiscum!jus sicinum Quos Deus vult perder,prius dementat.Grace a dieu.Amien .

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 06:11:35

At 11/14/02 04:47 PM, seanbonner wrote: I'm usually not one to jump on the bandwagon and pat celebs on the back when they decide to speak up for one cause or another. As far as I'm concerned just because some can act or write a catchy song doesn't mean they know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to politics. Obvious exceptions to the ones that do. However Sean Penn wrote a letter and paid an assload to get it published in The Washington Post. I think it's a really good letter but close to no one is even taking note. It's kind of long and I didn't want to clog up the front page with it so I posted it here for everyone to check out. I'd like to hear what you all think about it...

i think it's shit <http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=ultimatewinner
> <http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=ultimatewinner> <http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=ultimatewinner>(http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=ultimatewinner>

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 06:27:04

Dictionary miracle II kor 5:17,say;

deo gratias ,de profundis.gloria in excelsis.in te , domine,speravi jus sicinum bona fide!
deus vobiscum!jus sicinum quos deus vult perder,prius dementat.grace a dieu.amien.politic is shit!!

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 08:44:49

So far,he's making the most of a diverse war cabinet.
George W.Bush is a resolute leader unafraid to hear dissenting views as long as those views are accompained by solutions.Last year,when critics in his own party warned that the war againts the Taliban was bogging down,Bush stayed the course.This gumption benefited him,the nation and the world.Yet his war rhetoric is too macho even for his wife,Laura,whose advice on this matter he would do well to take.
Away from the TelePrompTer,the president is inarticulate andunreflective.He struggles to speak in complete sentences and to get beneath the superfical in explaining his thoughts and action.Partly he excuses these communication lapses by telling himself that a president is not required to explain his decisions.
These are a few observation we drew from a rich series of stories that the Monitor published earlier this week.The series comprised excerpts from Bush at War,a new book by Bob Woodward of the Washington Post.The subjects included a ground-level view of the war in Afghanistan,an inside look at how Bush's policy toward Iraq has evolved and a portrait of Bush himself,based on an extensive interview.
The most comforting aspect of Woodward's portrayal of Bush's White House since the terrorist attack of Sept.11,2001,is that the president need protect by agentpimpwar detective nations.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 13:17:22

well well well... ok so people dont want to be represented by celebrities and no one cares about what they have to say... ok i hear you...but think about this--we as a society can be represented by celebrities, artists or writers, or we could just keep looking to the corrupt politicians out there who are mostly worried about nothing more than $$$ and power(which i guess are interchangeable). so make your choice on that one. no politicians have the balls to do what sean penn did so kudos to him.
lets think about some facts...
1. sean penn is thining positively, life is positive
2. he is dreaming big-- we can just bomb the hell out of everybody or strive for world peace... (for those of you who think this is ridiculous--you are just small people with no dreams and no hope for a better future.)
3. alqaeda offered us a warning last week-- if you dont stop supporting russia with the chechans and isreal against the palestinians, dc and nyc will be attacked
which raises this question, why are we investing anything in israel, how are they an asset to us in any way?
4. we give israel 60 million dollars every year to support their war against palestine....gee there is a great use of our money, we dont have money for education, and the environment, but we obviously have money to throw away on a country that offers us absolutley nothing in return
here is an idea, why dont we split up that money 50/50 to israel and palestine and help them more easily destroy eachother, make it a fair fight
5. bin ladens hatred for america is a seed planted by his father,(documented in an interview by bin laden himself in the early nineties)who vowed revenge against any nation who stood up for israel and against palestine
another thought for you.... if we didnt support israel, the trade center wouldstill be standing

sure i dont like what islamic fundamentalists do to people, here at home in america, in nigeria with the miss world pageant, in bali at the night club or anything else, hatred must stop and it must stop right here on our soil, we must lead by example, so for anyone who has actually read thru this long ass response, just give it a thought, sure i have opinions on here her but some facts as well .. i would appreciate any support in an email from anyone, thank you for reading this

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 13:18:19

:bush rulz cuz im a texan!

if he were from north dakota, would you still think he rules?

personally, I think he gives texas ANOTHER reason to be ashamed.

just for a change, how about crowing about someone USEFUL.

bob

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 18:46:43

Wow...people should actually READ SOME BOOKS or something before making false accusations on President Bush. Contrary to popular LIBERAL LIES, the Bush admin. is not at fault for the tragedy of 9/11. Clinton had 3! count them...3 times to capture Bin Laden from Sudan...and 3 times he said he couldn't, because he had "nothing to charge him with". Now...if Clinton would have opened his eyes (and investigated the '93 bombing of WTC IN '93...rather than '95) he would have known than Bin Laden was responsible for it. Bush is a great leader...and the attack on Iraq must happen...Saddam marches women into the street who have intelligence and cuts their heads off with a sword. DO YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS? We can not allow this to happen around the world. Clinton lied to a nation, how can you back such a fool?

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-23 19:00:20

Who cares what Sean Penn has to say? Probably about as many as do for my words :-)
Anyway, I think we are in the position that is now because GW and co. UNDER reacted to the attack on our country! The next day we should have taken the "nuc em all, let God sort em out approach". Has Japan fucked w/ us since WW2? I don't think so. We should , since that opportunity is past, CLEAN HOUSE on all those freakish countries.
I do share Mr. Penn's concern for civil liberties. Why is it that in a country w/ superior weapons to any other NOT trust it's own citizens with the same? I chose to strap on a badge for that very reason. After all, according to Bush it's either his way or the highway. I want my MP5 while on that highway!