00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cassiekent7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush

11,754 Views | 186 Replies

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-14 22:38:04

Well that letter has a lot of legitimate points. The sad part is that Sean will be blasted by fanatic Americans calling him a "commie pinko faggy fag." (whatever that means).

Not to mention the letter being ignored in the end because no matter what we do, George is going to attack Iraq. Besides. He probably can't understand all of those big words in that letter. :)

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-14 22:39:39

Chek it... You have to scope the productive outlook...
How we gonna advance when there are asshole trying to pull shit in other countries.. its not like we are jumping to conclusions.. we know what they are cappable of...

We DO need to start taking action before someone comes up and ruins my wonderful breakfast...

But I tell you like this.. I think that bush was a horrible icon for this country.. I know that he is driven by the people of this nation but shit.. he looks really dumb...
Its like we have an eagle as a symbol.. and some weird lookin flag.. but AHHH shit.. look whos in office.. a dumba55..
Prioritize the priorities, mutha fakkre!1

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-14 22:50:55

:: I'd like to hear what you all think about it...

Way to go, Sean. I always had him figured for a Republican. Maybe he is. Maybe that's how he managed to be so graceful as he points out the president's misguided actions. Seriously. We are losing civil liberties at an accellerated rate, with no real evidence of improved security. I hope I'm wrong, but I am getting the impression that this whole event is being used to advance the Republican agenda. And about our our environment: (conservatives grit their teeth...) have we seen any action? Did the tax break help the economy? Are we less dependant on foreign oil after drilling for coal? Clinton was being investigated every day of his presidential career. Why is Bush immune to questioning?

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-14 23:07:40

(sigh)With the whole USA vs. Iraq deal people only seem to see one side of the story. I agree that nothing sucks worst then war, and probably a shit load of innocent people will die if the Gulf War 2 starts.

You got to ask yourself, why is there tensions between the U.S. and Iraq? Maybe because Iraq is hiding something that they don't want Weapons Inspectors to see, thus forcing them out of the country. You can probably agree with me that Saddam Hussain isn't a nice guy, infact in my opinion he's a Stalinist Meglomaniac. Putting Saddam and Nuclear Weapons together seriously gets me worried about mushroom clouds.

People (who are mostly being influenced by the media) are blowing this way out of proportion, saying that George W. Bush is going to oblitirate Iraq for no reason except to get rid of a political enemy. I was watching the news today and a British MP was being interviewed, basicly spitting out Iraqi propoganda such as the U.S. army are "Evil Crusaders" and George W. Bush want to "Kill every arab on earth".

And as for people on TV protesting action against Iraq, do they think Iraq is lollipop land where everything is nice and the government is friendly? what kind of crack are you smoking!? It's pretty much a police state, penalty for making bad mouthing Saddam is death.

So the worlds facing quite a situation, on one hand there's a crazy American president who destroy as many people as possible to win the 2004 election and on the other hand there's a power obsessed tyrant who's probably making nuclear weapons and is insane enough to use them.

What do you think?

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-14 23:18:53

Tell you the truth I think Bush is a little fag rag who needs to get surgery on them big ole' ears. He wants us to bomb every friggin thing that is associated with the "War of Terriorism", fuck that shit I think its gay all we should of done is asked for and apologie and thats it. Also the only reason we are making a big reason is because they have oil and thats just a bunch of bull shit.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-14 23:24:40

Saddam Hussein carried on a war with his "Muslim brothers" in Iran using biological/chemical weapons. Saddam Hussein used biological/chemical weapons on the Kurds and his own people. Saddam Hussein, without reason, invaded Kuwait and Saudia Arabia. Saddam Hussein launched a military strike on Israelie civilians. Now I ask you, do you think this guy gets a nuclear bomb he isn't going to use it? And do you want to wait?

The United States is NOT a perfect country and I DARE YOU to show me one that is. In this specific case putting Saddam's back to the wall will not only prevent a nasty surprise for this nation but for those small nations, like Kuwait, Iran, Jordan, Israel, Saudia Arabia, Yemen, etc.... that can't defend themselves from the PROVEN insane bully on the block.

I find it extremely insulting that a little rich boy, who hasn't done shit for the common person in and outside his own nation can have the nerve to be so smug. I only wish Mr. Penn and his children fall in the next unprovoked attack. Lets see how smug he is when a nuclear bomb is a few seconds away from wiping out his family.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 00:05:24

*sigh*... well guess what folks? this war IS about morals. like it or not, everyone has their own set of morals, and america, as a nation has things that it stands up for. people with an aggressively different set of morals attacked us last september, and already you people have started the bitching about "don't make this a moral war"... i'm very sorry, but that's how it works, so stop closing your liberal eyes to it. yes, civilians are going to die in this war, but guess what? we're trying to not let that happen. the people attacking us BLATANTLY kill our civilians. we try to disarm them, and they attack our workers, women, and children. this IS a moral war, and we ARE in the moral right. if you can't stand up for that, then you're not good enough for either side in this moral struggle. and if you believe that there is no such thing as a moral right, then i'd like to introduce you to someone named Adolph Hitler... after you've met him, maybe you'll decide whether there is good and evil in the world.... and one last thing. "the media isn't paying attention to this letter because it doesn't fit the president's agenda"? are you COMPLETELY retarded? the media is THE most blatantly slanted group of people! they're liberal beyond compare, yet they try to claim objectivity? the media is liberal, and you can't deny that. so therefore, if the media is ignoring this letter.... maybe its because it really IS from a dumbass actor who doesn't know shit about politics? hmm, surprise surprise. another one!

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 00:16:27

The world is a big schoolyard, America is the big kid there, acting tough, telling other people what to do and doing whatever he damn pleases. The bully of sort.

With Russia gone he was king of the schoolyard... until some little kindergarden runt ran up to him and kicked him sqarely in the nuts. America fell to his knees, screaming and crying like a bitch.

Now he wants revenge... not because he got kicked in the nuts, no, he wants it because everyone saw a kid make him cry like a bitch.

So, Hey america, sure getting kicked in the nuts hurts like hell. But suck it up, Princess. Because your bitchy attitude isn't scaring anyone anymore, it's just funny.

Invade Canada in your current self deluded bitchy state if you want, jack ass, you'll find out that your citizen won't be able to handle modern war right next door. And remember, a kid made you cry like a bitch. Canada ain't no kid.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 00:29:50

George Bush disturbs me greatly because of the things you don't hear about when he speaks. You don't hear about the fact that scientists are saying we have less than 10 years of oil left. He doesn't speak about the coming problems with a fresh water supply or global warming. You don't hear about the economic problems many in this country are facing. I remember a few months ago where he setup a pathetic economic summit in Waco Texas. In which every person there was hand picked and they said straight out that america is doing "fine." Then why has this year seen the most bankruptcies filed on record? George Bush cannot face the opposition, have you heard any other president requiring 1st ammendment zones for protests? Doesn't that scare you, the government says that you can only voice your opinion in a certain square footage of land? Every time I hear George Bush speak it is about war. I find that rather disturbing. I think when we destroyed the al quaida we struck a major blow against global terrorism, how many other wealthy terrorist leaders can there be in the world? I think it's time to stop to regroup and analyze the situation instead of going off to punish all opposition in hands reach.

Several groups of economic and international relations experts have spoken out against war. I think it is a sad day when a fucking hollywood actor can get more of a reaction from people than the experts.......

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 00:56:44

::sigh::

to me, Bush isn't nearly as frightening as the people giving him orders. (for the same reason that I don't fear a tank with no people running it. there has to be an operating mind to run the blasted thing.)

I mean, the people working controls on the Bush-droid have to be smart enough to hood-wink enough people to vote for said Bush-droid. this means they had to have made lots of money. and yet said controller deny:

1.) in 10 years, the easy to get oil is finito.
2.) in 10-25 year, we can expect more "perfect storms"
via global warming.
3.) said global warming increases disease.
4.) our economy is basically in the toilet at this
point.

the situation is ripe for either a catastrophe, or a mass surge to a new frontier. I just wish me had one.

bob, shambling back to the lab

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 01:00:35

Ok i'm Australian. Don't give me shit like you don't know what your saying because i had friends in Bali. One of brothers friends is dead. Don't give me you don't know anything.

Stop for a second and think.... why the fuck would anybody wanna treat the west like shit. The great west who are perfect and do nothing wrong. The west Absolutely rapes the east for oil, leaves the east for dead, blows them up and pisses them off when they please. Indeed as wade said if someone was punching you would you punch them back. Well the west has been punching the east for decades because they know they can. Because they know that the East is so poor they will never fight back. Off course when they realised how much a plane ticket cost that theory went out the window.

Now america has realised that the East can punch back. So now a brawl has started in which America has fucking kicked ass. But tell me..... Does a plane ticket still cost what it cost two years ago??? Sure we can nuke everything but they will always, as long as they are alive, hit us back. Indeed we started it. We have to end it. GWB has forgotten about terrorism... has long ago. Now he is concerned with taking the only small wealth that the East has away from them in an imperialistic way. This is the new imperalism. Have military bases there, pump the oil out by the tonne.

Thats the only way they know to control the middle east. They will punch back, as i learnt in bali. I blame GWB solely for my friends death. Because all that bomber was doing was trying to punch back the preson who is hurting his family.

The only way we have of stopping them is either A killing every single muslim. Might go against the constitution but if we need safety we can have it. or our other option is stop raping the east of oil. Take the oil from the pipelines and return it to the people so that they can stay alive and not hate america. Of course sadly this is a dream that only somone like Al Gore could have achieved.

'an eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind'

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 03:29:21

At 11/14/02 08:10 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 11/14/02 06:36 PM, Dobio wrote: Bush doesn't take people's advice. He's an American president for God's sake. I'm just waiting for him to declare war on us next because he thinks we are "a threat".
You're a moron and I can easily prove why.

Bush has an approval raiting of around 70%. That means 70% of American Citizens approve of what he is doing and that he is reflecting their views. That means Bush is doing what the majority of the US wants him to do. So how can you say he doesn't listen to anyone??

This is exactly what angers me. Politicians do whatever the polls say we want. They never have the gall to push their own agenda openly. If a politician was that honest and open, shit i'd be happy as hell. But i do NOT appreciate them lying, saying they will stand for what we want, and when we elect them. they turn and stab us in the back.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 05:46:20

At 11/14/02 09:37 PM, Ratboy1664 wrote: The fact that not once were the words United Nations or NATO used in Mr Penn's letter highlight the self importance and arrogance that plagues American politics today. The whole "war on terror" is an excuse for mass re-armament which will fund the millitary-industrial complex, which incidently controls the government through historical political power. As a Brit whose father was wounded in the Birmingham pub bombings of the 70's i'll believe the politicians when they stop releasing IRA prisoners and start shooting them.

How fucking DARE you try and lecture the American people on our "self-importance and arrogance" when you display the same arrogance in your assertion that IRA prisoners should be shot? This shows you are nothing more than another ignorant Brit who holds onto six counties of little economic importance or islands 3000 miles away out of nothing but pure pride. I guess you'd like to ignore the fact that David Trimble took steps to dissolve the Executive for the sole reason that he wasn't getting his way? I guess you'd like to ignore all the LOYALIST violence that goes on in Catholic ghettoes. How quickly you forget the Holy Cross students. How quickly you forget the spray jobs your boys do in Catholic pubs. How quickly you forget or ignore Bloody Sunday. At least the Provos' intended targets are military. They're not heaving pipe bombs through the windows of some innocent Protestant. They're fighting a war, plain and simple. I'm sorry about your father, but it's England's fault, not the IRA. I'll have more sympathy when England does what it says it's going to do.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:04:27

At 11/14/02 09:08 PM, Matzerath wrote: Wade, I don't doubt your honesty, but what you're spewing are playground tactics. And while we're in that frame of mind, let's ponder some other juvenile behavior. Bin Laden's cronies blow up the World Trade Center (and somehow our government missed the ball on this when evidence was slapping them in the face). So we go after Bin Laden. So far, no dice on that one, we haven't found him, unless we accidentally blew him up during a 'precision bombing run'.

He's most likely dead. If not, his organization has been scrambled and weakend. Bush said from day 1 that the war on terror could take many years and there may be things they can't tell us. Like maybe we have Bin Laden and they can't tell us because if Al Quada knew we had him they'd really flip out.

:So now, all of a sudden, we're going after Saddam again, just like the eighties all over. Another guy we didn't get the first time. Do we ever get the leaders?

Saddam signed a treaty agreeing to disarm and stay out of Kuwait. So the war was over. However he has broken the treaty and since Clinton and the UN didn't make him live up to his promises, Bush II has to now deal with it, and he should.

Bin Laden attacked the World Trade Center once before. Blew up the parking garage and a few floors, if I remember correctly. Though not as bad as blowing the fuck out of both buildings, it was a major terrorist attack in which many Americans died. Did we catch him then? Nope. But we LET HIM DO IT AGAIN.

Again Clinton was in office for this one and fired a rocket at some camp just to say "Don't do that" but that's as far as it went. Bush wasn't in office very long when 9-11 happened. He hadn't had much of a chance to get his policies put through. I don't blame Bush for what happeneded on 9-11. I don't think anyone could have known for sure that would happen. However if you have to blame someone, blame Clinton and the Democrats who cut back our CIA and other intelligence agencies, which put us in a possition to be more vunerable. They decided we shouldn't have our spies associating with scum of the earth people and paying these scum bags for info, when infact that's exactly what we should have been doing and have done in the past to get good intelligence.

All your tough-guy rhetoric is good and fine, but don't you sometimes think that something beyond all of us is going on? Don't you think that the 'battle against evil' bullshit they keep handing out is a little ridiculous and patronizing?

Well, there probably are things our government did in the past to fuck up relations with some of these people. However I still don't think we should stand for being attacked. We still have to defend ourselves. We pay a lot of money in taxes for our government to protect us. So that's what they need to do. If Bush has to clean up a mess left by previous administrations, so be it. I stil believe the main reason for Al Quada attacking us is religious. They hate our culture. They hate the fact women can work and be sex. They hate everything we stand for and are declaring a holy war against us. It's only because of a group of extreme fanatics that have brainwashed enough of their followers to convince them to die for their religion. They believe they will have a better life with Allah if they die in a holy war. These people are nuts!

Bush wants to bomb the shit out of a country that has had an embargo on it for years. Their people are starving and dying. Does this action make them like us instead of hate us? Fuck no. I think if our government really wanted Saddam they could get him in an instant. But that's not what they really want.

What we want is to liberate Iraq. They have plenty of food, but if Saddam wants to hold it and not distribute it to his people we can't do much about it without going to war. Saddam is the one starving his people! He also gases them too if they try and take him out of power! He is a tyrantical dictator who makes his citizens lives miserable. What part of that don't you understand? Bush is working with the UN and the rest of the world to see to it Saddam changes his tune, or the world will force him to chance. Everyone acts like it's just Bush and the US, but it's not. It's most of the civilized world going along with us. Bush is being as diplomatic as one can be and you people still give him crap. We haven't bombed anyone yet. We are sending in weapon inspectors on Monday, but maybe you're not up on the latest news. If the inspectors aren't allowed to go where they want, then we may have to go to war, and it would be for a valid reason.

America is a schoolyard bully, to get back to the point. We've proven that throughout our entire history.

America was a peaceful nation until Japan decided to bomb Pearl Harbor and we entered the war. Funny how the rest of the world was pissed as the US for not coming to their aid sooner. Now when we try to come to people's aid countries get pissed at us. We can't win. The world is just jealous of the US and we will always be criticized.

:Now we're butting heads with other bullies. Bullies that we made ourselves, for the most part.

I wouldn't let someone beat up my family. Especially if they'd already attacked my loved ones once before, and got away with it. But likewise, if I were an asshole pushing people over on my way to the bank, I would have to be a fool to not expect someone to push me back.

Okay, but what if you didn't push anyone around. Say someone else in your family did. Are you going to let someone come take sucker punches at your family because someone else made a mistake or pissed someone off? Or would you be mad at the family member who caused the problems and then defend the rest of your family that is innocent?

Bush II didn't piss off these people, previous administrations may have, and Bush has to defend us now. The American citizens never meant to piss someone off.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:05:58

continued, and I'm not double posting damnit! :)

I would willingly fight for my family, friends, and ideals. And frankly, I don't think our government works on those terms. I was raised to be a moral person, and to recognize when someone is bullshitting me. And I feel that the president is bullshitting me.

I don't think Bush is doing that much BS'ing. Bush is fighting for our family and friends, to ensure they don't get attacked again. He doesn't want the US to be like Isreal with some suicide bomber killing people every week. Unless you'd rather have that then try and stop all these people? The person doing the bull shitting is Saddam. He's been BS'ing for 11-12 years now. It's time to stop the bull shit.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:13:49

This is off the subject but yesturday i was rank #179 now i'm rank #55,402 or something like that, hey what the fuck, there is no possible way i can go from top 200 to 55,000's in a few hours, i wanna know what the fuck is going on, and i'm posting here because Tom and Wade won't reply to any e-mail i send.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:18:18

At 11/14/02 09:26 PM, Matzerath wrote: Polls, in general, are full of shit. Easily manipulated, and representing only a small cross-section of the whole.
Mike Houser

Most polls are highly scientific and accurate to 3-4%. Meaning if they say Bush has an approval raiting of 70% it could be as low as 66% or as high as 74%. There have been many different polls conducted and they all have the same result. I have no trouble believing it because if you look at election results, they aren't far off.

Half the country voted for Bush, so close to 100% of those people will tend to agree with what he's doing. The people who didn't vote for him, probably 20-30% of them agree with what he's doing.

Also if you look at recent elections where Republicans picked up seats in areas normally democratic, I think that shows a shift in what peopel think. People who may have voted democrat were voting republican because they support Bush and want his polirices to get through the Senate.

You must realize the US is more than your neighborhood. Everyone in your neighborhood, or city, might not like Bush, but the majority of the Country does. Did you see the election map between Bush and Gore? Sure Gore got a little more of the popular vote, but it's because he got big numbers in densly populated cities. Cities which are inhabitted by a lot of union workers and low income people on welfare and other government programs which tend to vote Democrat. The rest of the country outside of the cities went for Bush. Like the heart land, the people who work hard like farmers. People with good values and morals. I'm glad they won. Lemme see if I can post a pic of that map.

Found it. Some stats that wouldn't show up after I shrunk it down.

Square Miles of the Country won by Gore: 580,134
Square Miles of the Country won by Bush: 2,427,039

This map shows who won each county. That's every county in the US. Are you in the blue or red?

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:24:45

At 11/14/02 10:15 PM, poxpower wrote: ... So I see... If someone attacks the U.S.A., the U.S,A. fights back, you know, legitimate defence... not! Have we learned nothing yet:
If not fighting back makes people cowards, then I guess Ghandi is a coward... And Jesus also, and Martin Luther king... and these people have achieved nothing at all now haven't they? What will happen once the U.S.A has nuked Irak? Aside from having destroyed a whole nation of innocent (...) people just for the sake of killing a bunch of crazy-ass extremists. It would be like if China decided Bush was evil ( let's say that he would have blown up one of their many...many many landmarks) and nuked the entire state of Washington... It's not all the innabitants of Irak who want Saddam at their head, there are still a few of them.

Look at what is happening in Israel and Palestine, they are using the brute force method... it seems to work really well...

Who the fuck said we were nuking anyone?!?!? That has never been once uttered by the US government! We would never use a nuclear bomb on anyone unless we were being nuked heavily ourselves! We are sending UN Weapon inspectors into Iraq on Monday. If they can't go where they want, then we might go to war, but it will be with troops and air attacks, no nuclear weapons. Iraqi citizen lose of life should be very minimal, unless Saddam sticks them in military targets or gasses them all out of spite. Get with the times man, you are way off.

On the other hand, the people America is dealing with a bunch of extremists and there is propably no way to reason with them, but I think that there is no way that starting a nuclear war will make anyone on this planet happier.

???

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:28:19

At 11/14/02 10:38 PM, ViperMask wrote: Well that letter has a lot of legitimate points. The sad part is that Sean will be blasted by fanatic Americans calling him a "commie pinko faggy fag." (whatever that means).

Not to mention the letter being ignored in the end because no matter what we do, George is going to attack Iraq. Besides. He probably can't understand all of those big words in that letter. :)

I'm sure Bush can understand his letter and all the big words. Bush just has trouble saying those big words. Stephen Hawking can't talk, but he's one of the smartest people on this planet. So are you against people with disibilities? The sad part is you people can only make fun of irrelevant things and not come up with any legitimate points based on facts.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:38:12

At 11/15/02 12:29 AM, napalm6b wrote: George Bush disturbs me greatly because of the things you don't hear about when he speaks. You don't hear about the fact that scientists are saying we have less than 10 years of oil left.

Not true. Recent studies show oil wells are refilling from deeper sources. There is plenty of oil.

He doesn't speak about the coming problems with a fresh water supply or global warming.

Global warming is a theory that hasn't been proven. Why should we make policies on unproven theories? While there maybe Global warming, it may be more of a natural cycle than a man made change. We are doing things to limit green house gases, but until there is more proof and facts to base decisions on we shouldn't go and destroy our economy on unproven ideas.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:40:37

At 11/15/02 07:13 AM, ShadowofChaos wrote: This is off the subject but yesturday i was rank #179 now i'm rank #55,402 or something like that, hey what the fuck, there is no possible way i can go from top 200 to 55,000's in a few hours, i wanna know what the fuck is going on, and i'm posting here because Tom and Wade won't reply to any e-mail i send.

When did you send me email I didn't respond to?

Anyway we fixed some things with the popularity system. It resets weekly, so relax. If by next week you aren't as high as you were, it maybe because you weren't supposed to be that high.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:46:29

At 11/15/02 01:00 AM, the_unknown_soldier wrote: The only way we have of stopping them is either A killing every single muslim. Might go against the constitution but if we need safety we can have it. or our other option is stop raping the east of oil. Take the oil from the pipelines and return it to the people so that they can stay alive and not hate america. Of course sadly this is a dream that only somone like Al Gore could have achieved.

Yeah, let the world stop buying their oil. Then they'll do really well. Think they can drink that oil? Eat it? ALl they have is fucking oil and sand! They need to sell that oil to make money to buy food, water, etc. These nations are very rich, but a lot of them are run by people who don't know how to share their riches with the rest of their people. Like Saddam, who lets his people starve on purpose. If Al Gore was in office the terrorism would be worse. Remember, 9-11 was in planning long before Bush was in office. If Gore was in office they would have still tried to carry out their mission, and with the Democrats wanting to scale back the CIA and intelligence they may have known even less.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 07:49:36

At 11/15/02 03:29 AM, Jaderaptor wrote: This is exactly what angers me. Politicians do whatever the polls say we want. They never have the gall to push their own agenda openly. If a politician was that honest and open, shit i'd be happy as hell. But i do NOT appreciate them lying, saying they will stand for what we want, and when we elect them. they turn and stab us in the back.

WTF? They are supposed to listen to polls and do what we want, that's how a democracy works. They are elected representatives. They represent the majority. Bush isn't stabbing the majority which supports him in the back.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 08:01:36

At 11/14/02 08:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
OMG! You Canadians are living in a fantasy world. Maybe if someone came and blew up your CN tower and other big building in Canada you'd be signing a different toon. Or are you all a bunch of pussies that would take it in the ass and like it?

So if I walked up to you and hit you in the face would you hit me back? Or would you let me keep hitting you? Then maybe I'd start kicking the shit out of your family and friends. Would you step in and do anything? Or just watch like a coward? You call that peace? You call having all your friends beaten and killed because you're to much of a coward to stand up to them peace? What a bunch of BULL SHIT! Sometimes you just have to hit back. Do you think if we didn't go after them and didn't do anything they would stop attacking us? Very unlikely! Because of our actions we have foiled many of their attempts after 9-11.

Okay, I may be only Australian, but I can damn well see about the world and the shit that is happening. America IS a schoolyard bully. Sure, if a kid was to come up to me and hit me, I'd probably headbutt him and then kick him squar in the balls as is fitting. What America thinks they should do is whip out a pistol, cap the guy, drag him back to his house and family, napalm it, and spread the ashes of him and his family on the lawns of his similarly violent-minded friends.

The fact that 70% of Americans support him means jack shit to me. We happen to have a dickhead in parliament in Australia, I don't support John Howard and I can't name one person that I know that does. But is he still there? Yes. And we have our refugee camp Woomera to show for it. What a crock.

I do not by any means support the actions of Hussein or Al Queda. You only have to look at Bali to see the bullshit that is going on. But war is not, and will never be the answer. But America seems to have donned the attitude "War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left."

I know you'll make some patriotic statements about America being the peacekeeper of the world and all that jazz, that's because you're American Wade. All I can say is I'm glad to be Australian.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 08:27:54

This seems to be a pretty unknown fact but america bombed afghanistan on september 11 one year before the world trade centres....it wasnt just a random act of violence it was revenge.The media is just playing us all for fools um......fight the power? rraarrr

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 08:39:02

At 11/14/02 08:10 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Bush has an approval raiting of around 70%. That means 70% of American Citizens approve of what he is doing and that he is reflecting their views. That means Bush is doing what the majority of the US wants him to do. So how can you say he doesn't listen to anyone??

Britney Spears and NSYNC are also the top-selling albums in the US. So much for popular opinion.

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 10:05:03

At 11/15/02 08:39 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/14/02 08:10 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Bush has an approval raiting of around 70%. That means 70% of American Citizens approve of what he is doing and that he is reflecting their views. That means Bush is doing what the majority of the US wants him to do. So how can you say he doesn't listen to anyone??
Britney Spears and NSYNC are also the top-selling albums in the US. So much for popular opinion.

-Tom

Hehe. But that's based on the fact that the largest # of people buying CD's are teens, especially teen girls. Most of the people buying Britney Spears and NSYCN aren't registered voters.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 11:33:10

If Iraq sent a nuke your way, what would you do?
What if your weapon inspectors don't find all the deadly nuclear and chemical weapons they where looking for?
It propably won't grow to the proportion of a nuclear war - Bush is not stupid (if he is, why is he the president...), but if you attack Iraq, many innocents will die; it's not because the U.S.A. say they will only bomb Saddam (if they ever find him) that they will, heck, U.S. soldiers even managed to kill canadians in Afghanistan!
Anyway, we all know that the stakes here are oil wells, not terrorism. I suggest we get electrical cars, or maybe hydrogen, much cleaner, and once they are commercialised, they won't be that expensive.

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 13:34:59

You miss the point i'm making, i'm not advocating shooting terrorist suspects I'm saying how can a war on Iraq and Bin Laden be justified when at the same time the Americans are funding and the British are negotiating with a different set of terrorists.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 13:53:21

At 11/14/02 04:47 PM, seanbonner wrote: Sean Penn wrote a letter and paid an assload to get it published in The Washington Post. I'd like to hear what you all think about it...

That whole letter is one long, narcisistic, self-righteous, and bluntly disgusting reproduction of words churned out by every politician, dictator and messiah to ever have existed. Its soul purpose is to make its factory (the writer/speaker) feel that he is a compassionate and patriotic individual, which they are not.