00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ElectricGears just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush

11,757 Views | 186 Replies

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 13:57:36

I have such an opinion on this matter. but if I post it I will be yelled at by every single user. So best to keep my mouth shut.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 14:22:28

I thought the letter was fairly good. He's a famous person who finally has the balls to tell Boy George (Bush) that he isn't that great of a president. I personally find it funny how he lies. Take for example when he promised if he became president, he'd sign an agreement with Japan to lower emissions and improve the over-all health of the atmosphere. Once he became president he said he wasn't going to do it. This whole Iraq thing is a big joke too, it's just a cover up to get peoples minds off the fact that the U.S. Army (in all respects) still hasn't found Osama. I just wish more people with bigger voices would speak up.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 14:32:29

Bush isn't stupid? Haha, you're funny. Perhaps you haven't heard of all his witty quotes, such as:They "misunderestimated" me. You wanna know why George Bush is president? Because there are people dumb enough to beleive him. The only reason, also, that we're going to "war" with Iraq is because Bush wants to take our minds off the fact that the U.S. Army still hasn't found Osama, and probably won't. Also about your idea for cars running on electricity or hydrogen; don't even expect it to be considered while Bush is in office. Bush's family has made a fortune because they own oil companies. If they made more electrical cars or cars that ran on hydrogen, that would meen Bush and his family would lose alot of money. The main reason, besides the before mentioned reason, why I think Bush is doing this with Iraq is because if we invade Iraq, he could get control over the oil fields. Just in case you didn't catch my drift; you're wrong, Bush is a very stupid man, he always was, he always will be.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 15:12:43

At 11/15/02 02:32 PM, red_showers88 wrote: Bush isn't stupid? Haha, you're funny. Perhaps you haven't heard of all his witty quotes, such as:They "misunderestimated" me. You wanna know why George Bush is president? Because there are people dumb enough to beleive him. The only reason, also, that we're going to "war" with Iraq is because Bush wants to take our minds off the fact that the U.S. Army still hasn't found Osama, and probably won't. Also about your idea for cars running on electricity or hydrogen; don't even expect it to be considered while Bush is in office. Bush's family has made a fortune because they own oil companies. If they made more electrical cars or cars that ran on hydrogen, that would meen Bush and his family would lose alot of money. The main reason, besides the before mentioned reason, why I think Bush is doing this with Iraq is because if we invade Iraq, he could get control over the oil fields. Just in case you didn't catch my drift; you're wrong, Bush is a very stupid man, he always was, he always will be.

Right on! I agree wholeheartedly. Bush is trying to put a face on a threat that he cannot find. And plus... isn't this just too close to election time? Gee, you think that he could be trying to rally support for 4 more years of hell? Plus, saying this man (bush) is smart is showing gullibility. I mean, all he does is rant buzzwords and "freedom this" and "freedom that". Has Iraq really proven a threat? NO! Have they planned an attack? NO!!! Bush has changed our forigen policy from defenders of "freedom" to agressor imperialist. So fucking what? France has missiles, so does every other free/wealthy country in the world? Are we gonna nuke all of them? Bush is more a threat to world peace than Saddam Hussein. I am fucking proud to say that I did not vote for him. I have friends that are Marines, in the Air Force, and in the Army, and I don't want their blood shed for such a foolish cause! IRAQ DID NOT DESTROY THE WORLD TRADE CENTER FOR FUCK'S SAKE! Why the hell are we wanting to attack them? No reason, probably just Bush sufficing for his phallic deficiency with the blood of our citizens. Bush is a fucking dickhead. If we attack Iraq, no country in the world will back us up because the attack will be the USA's fault and they will be seen as the agressors, not Iraq.
Ladies and gentlemen, we will see both another World War and another Vietnam if we attack.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 15:14:04

if you agree with him, why is there a banner here that says "get saddam before george w does"?

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 15:59:49

At 11/14/02 04:47 PM, seanbonner wrote: I'm usually not one to jump on the bandwagon and pat celebs on the back when they decide to speak up for one cause or another. As far as I'm concerned just because some can act or write a catchy song doesn't mean they know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to politics. Obvious exceptions to the ones that do. However Sean Penn wrote a letter and paid an assload to get it published in The Washington Post. I think it's a really good letter but close to no one is even taking note. It's kind of long and I didn't want to clog up the front page with it so I posted it here for everyone to check out. I'd like to hear what you all think about it...

sean you letter has a lot of vaid points and I hope it gets the attention it needs I also hope he will reconsider the war there's no need for it familys will be missed if this happens great letter

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 16:45:58

IamGOD666 can't draw pentagrams for shit

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 17:04:28

At 11/14/02 08:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 11/14/02 05:16 PM, HiValicous wrote: Finally its good to hear from some one who knows what they're talking about, im tottaly against the bombing in afghanistan and bush's war on iraq. Canada's well known as a "peacekeeping country" and i think it should America's goal to be a little more like Canada

"you can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb it into peace"
At 11/14/02 05:16 PM, HiValicous wrote: Finally its good to hear from some one who knows what they're talking about, im tottaly against the bombing in afghanistan and bush's war on iraq. Canada's well known as a "peacekeeping country" and i think it should America's goal to be a little more like Canada

OMG! You Canadians are living in a fantasy world. Maybe if someone came and blew up your CN tower and other big building in Canada you'd be signing a different toon. Or are you all a bunch of pussies that would take it in the ass and like it?

So if I walked up to you and hit you in the face would you hit me back? Or would you let me keep hitting you? Then maybe I'd start kicking the shit out of your family and friends. Would you step in and do anything? Or just watch like a coward? You call that peace? You call having all your friends beaten and killed because you're to much of a coward to stand up to them peace? What a bunch of BULL SHIT! Sometimes you just have to hit back. Do you think if we didn't go after them and didn't do anything they would stop attacking us? Very unlikely! Because of our actions we have foiled many of their attempts after 9-11.

Take the shoe bomber. Those people are alive because they beat the shit out of him. Think they'd all be around if they were all pussies like yourself until the guy got his shoe to blow up?

I think HalVilacious has a point about keeping the peace but after that he just runs on. Wade I'm Canadian and I know that a douche bag like him can't be Canadian.I agree with you, bomb the fuck out of Iraq.I personally wouldn't take it in the ass like said douche bag but if we do bomb them, they could bomb back. But if you guys do what you did in Hiroshima and Nagasaki the war could be ended indefinatley. The hundreds of thousands killed was a waste, which I wold like to avoid, but it had to be done for the sake of America.Inconclusion, HiValacious is a douche bag, Wade Fulp is right about Iraq, Wade is wrong about all Canadians getting rammed in the ass and liking it (excludes Quebec).
Plz don't hate Canadians because 1 jerk off says their a peace keeping country.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 17:12:45

Bush is a very stupid man, he always was, he always will be.

Bush is not stupid, he's greeeeeedy, he knows what's best for him. And if he's dumb, then a lot of dumd people voted for him. Don't worry, I know that tomorrow is not the day we will se M. Bush in a car that doesn't destroy the earth. And yes, I also know that Bush's blabla on Saddam is mostly a distraction for all the other problems in his coutry.

BBS Signature

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 17:12:58

At 11/14/02 09:08 PM, Matzerath wrote: OMG! You Canadians are living in a fantasy world. Maybe if someone came and blew up your CN tower and other big building in Canada you'd be signing a different toon. Or are you all a bunch of pussies that would take it in the ass and like it?

So if I walked up to you and hit you in the face would you hit me back? Or would you let me keep hitting you? Then maybe I'd start kicking the shit out of your family and friends. Would you step in and do anything? Or just watch like a coward? You call that peace? You call having all your friends beaten and killed because you're to much of a coward to stand up to them peace? What a bunch of BULL SHIT! Sometimes you just have to hit back. Do you think if we didn't go after them and didn't do anything they would stop attacking us? Very unlikely! Because of our actions we have foiled many of their attempts after 9-11.
Wade, I don't doubt your honesty, but what you're spewing are playground tactics. And while we're in that frame of mind, let's ponder some other juvenile behavior. Bin Laden's cronies blow up the World Trade Center (and somehow our government missed the ball on this when evidence was slapping them in the face). So we go after Bin Laden. So far, no dice on that one, we haven't found him, unless we accidentally blew him up during a 'precision bombing run'. So now, all of a sudden, we're going after Saddam again, just like the eighties all over. Another guy we didn't get the first time. Do we ever get the leaders?
Bin Laden attacked the World Trade Center once before. Blew up the parking garage and a few floors, if I remember correctly. Though not as bad as blowing the fuck out of both buildings, it was a major terrorist attack in which many Americans died. Did we catch him then? Nope. But we LET HIM DO IT AGAIN.
All your tough-guy rhetoric is good and fine, but don't you sometimes think that something beyond all of us is going on? Don't you think that the 'battle against evil' bullshit they keep handing out is a little ridiculous and patronizing?
Bush wants to bomb the shit out of a country that has had an embargo on it for years. Their people are starving and dying. Does this action make them like us instead of hate us? Fuck no. I think if our government really wanted Saddam they could get him in an instant. But that's not what they really want.
America is a schoolyard bully, to get back to the point. We've proven that throughout our entire history. Now we're butting heads with other bullies. Bullies that we made ourselves, for the most part.
I wouldn't let someone beat up my family. Especially if they'd already attacked my loved ones once before, and got away with it. But likewise, if I were an asshole pushing people over on my way to the bank, I would have to be a fool to not expect someone to push me back.
I would willingly fight for my family, friends, and ideals. And frankly, I don't think our government works on those terms. I was raised to be a moral person, and to recognize when someone is bullshitting me. And I feel that the president is bullshitting me.
Sincerely,
Mike Houser

(I'll assume ur Canadian) U raise valid points but I think that they should bomb them like they did Japan, It did end a war, I don't no if it will work this time around.
Signed fellow Canadian who doesn't like it in the ass.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 17:27:17

At 11/14/02 09:47 PM, ShadowofChaos wrote:
At 11/14/02 08:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

OMG! You Canadians are living in a fantasy world. Maybe if someone came and blew up your CN tower and other big building in Canada you'd be signing a different toon. Or are you all a bunch of pussies that would take it in the ass and like it?

Take the shoe bomber. Those people are alive because they beat the shit out of him. Think they'd all be around if they were all pussies like yourself until the guy got his shoe to blow up?

all right wade i'll agree with you, canadians are pussies, pansies, and what not, but america was founded on blood and war and thats the way it will stay, i say since we have the capability we should line bombs along the american/canadian border and blow them out to sea away from america cause thhey are giving a bad rep to north america, the peaceful bastards, they have like no army no defense no nothing, if they were attacked they would be helpless, they would run to us for help, if i were pres i would say tough shit or i would have been the one invading canada, canada sucks, america rocks, and about that shoe bomber with the plastic explosives, i wish i were on that plane at the time, i would have picked his ass apart myself, of and i thik newgrounds needs a frigin chat room cause this forum shit is a little slow. and tom, when are you gonna reply to my e-mails. and america is the most powerful country in the world and allways will be even if we end up blowing everything to hell, its the american way. oh and the cast of Jackass, i congradulate you, you are true americans, you are living the american dream, doing stupid and funny shit for fun and getting paid for it, i wish it was that easy for the rest of us.

U r correct on many points and I think there should be a chat room,Wade is mostly right, and Iraq might as well blow them selves up the ass with their own nukes so America can save them. But when America runs out of oil, trees etc. what r u gonna do w/o Canada?
Ok Quebec is definatly gay but the rest is full of straight ppl but most of them would easily get rammed in a fight.I'm sorry that Canadian homos have ruined your opinion of Canadians(excluding Quebec).The guys on Jackass aren't living the American dream but the world dream(excluding the ppl who just want food).Why don't you guys bomb their asses out their genitals and we'll tend to the wounded Americans.That way you can't bitch.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 17:35:50

At 11/14/02 11:07 PM, Big_Pimpin_Mike wrote: (sigh)With the whole USA vs. Iraq deal people only seem to see one side of the story. I agree that nothing sucks worst then war, and probably a shit load of innocent people will die if the Gulf War 2 starts.

You got to ask yourself, why is there tensions between the U.S. and Iraq? Maybe because Iraq is hiding something that they don't want Weapons Inspectors to see, thus forcing them out of the country. You can probably agree with me that Saddam Hussain isn't a nice guy, infact in my opinion he's a Stalinist Meglomaniac. Putting Saddam and Nuclear Weapons together seriously gets me worried about mushroom clouds.

People (who are mostly being influenced by the media) are blowing this way out of proportion, saying that George W. Bush is going to oblitirate Iraq for no reason except to get rid of a political enemy. I was watching the news today and a British MP was being interviewed, basicly spitting out Iraqi propoganda such as the U.S. army are "Evil Crusaders" and George W. Bush want to "Kill every arab on earth".

And as for people on TV protesting action against Iraq, do they think Iraq is lollipop land where everything is nice and the government is friendly? what kind of crack are you smoking!? It's pretty much a police state, penalty for making bad mouthing Saddam is death.

So the worlds facing quite a situation, on one hand there's a crazy American president who destroy as many people as possible to win the 2004 election and on the other hand there's a power obsessed tyrant who's probably making nuclear weapons and is insane enough to use them.

What do you think?

I think ur right
P.S U don't smoke crack u sniff it

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 17:43:56

At 11/15/02 12:16 AM, Phylos wrote: The world is a big schoolyard, America is the big kid there, acting tough, telling other people what to do and doing whatever he damn pleases. The bully of sort.

With Russia gone he was king of the schoolyard... until some little kindergarden runt ran up to him and kicked him sqarely in the nuts. America fell to his knees, screaming and crying like a bitch.

Now he wants revenge... not because he got kicked in the nuts, no, he wants it because everyone saw a kid make him cry like a bitch.

So, Hey america, sure getting kicked in the nuts hurts like hell. But suck it up, Princess. Because your bitchy attitude isn't scaring anyone anymore, it's just funny.

Invade Canada in your current self deluded bitchy state if you want, jack ass, you'll find out that your citizen won't be able to handle modern war right next door. And remember, a kid made you cry like a bitch. Canada ain't no kid.

Although Canada isn't a kid, the only way we would win a war is if we got our allies to shatter their testicles to finish the job.Canada isn't a power but we have friends and their hungry for payback for Hiroshima.
P.S Well put especially since it's ur first post

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 17:44:38

At 11/14/02 08:10 PM, WadeFulp wrote: You're a moron and I can easily prove why.

Bush has an approval raiting of around 70%. That means 70% of American Citizens approve of what he is doing and that he is reflecting their views. That means Bush is doing what the majority of the US wants him to do. So how can you say he doesn't listen to anyone??

Wade, you are right on the money. Furthermore, pacifists need to shut the hell up. While they're out trying to save the manitees the rest of us are living in the real world. Besides, Sean Penn is from San Francisco. I live in Southern California, and am constantly surrounded by pacifists and anti-war demonstrators that have no fucking idea even what they are protesting. In Santa Barbara, the university is even sponsering a memorial for the anti-war protestors from Vietnam! A MEMORIAL! FOR PROTESTERS! If those cowards had any balls, they would have been fighting for their country. Instead, they were calling soldiers baby-killers and spat on them as they returned home. Who really deserves the recognition?

The point is this: This is not the 60's. The hippies are all old, and have lost what little touch they had with reality when they were kids. We live in a time when an organized communist threat is not our primary concern, but a disorganized, highly passionate and therefore DANGEROUS collection of sick motherfuckers who want to blow up ordinary people just because they feel that the west is going to hell. We should annihilate with extreme prejudice, and remove these people from the gene pool like the cancers that they are.

Those are my two cents. Deal with it.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 18:06:47

here learn a thing or two:
http://www.davidduke.com

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 18:10:54

At 11/15/02 11:33 AM, poxpower wrote: If Iraq sent a nuke your way, what would you do?
What if your weapon inspectors don't find all the deadly nuclear and chemical weapons they where looking for?
It propably won't grow to the proportion of a nuclear war - Bush is not stupid (if he is, why is he the president...), but if you attack Iraq, many innocents will die; it's not because the U.S.A. say they will only bomb Saddam (if they ever find him) that they will, heck, U.S. soldiers even managed to kill canadians in Afghanistan!
Anyway, we all know that the stakes here are oil wells, not terrorism. I suggest we get electrical cars, or maybe hydrogen, much cleaner, and once they are commercialised, they won't be that expensive.

I don't want this to be takin as an anti Ford post but
we would all be driving electric fuel cell cars if companies like Ford weren't around when it came out. The first electric car was released around the same time as the model-T but because model-T had better milage and speed the electric car couldn't compete.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 18:13:09

At 11/15/02 01:57 PM, RyoHahn wrote: I have such an opinion on this matter. but if I post it I will be yelled at by every single user. So best to keep my mouth shut.

I'd rather hear wat u have to say then call u a homo

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 18:43:21

At 11/14/02 04:47 PM, seanbonner wrote: I'm usually not one to jump on the bandwagon and pat celebs on the back when they decide to speak up for one cause or another. As far as I'm concerned just because some can act or write a catchy song doesn't mean they know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to politics. Obvious exceptions to the ones that do. However Sean Penn wrote a letter and paid an assload to get it published in The Washington Post. I think it's a really good letter but close to no one is even taking note. It's kind of long and I didn't want to clog up the front page with it so I posted it here for everyone to check out. I'd like to hear what you all think about it...

You're only supporting him because he has the same first name as you.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 19:36:36

Hmm just found this:

http://9-11congress.netfirms.com/Vidal.html

Are Bush, CIA and Co liars?

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 20:26:41

It was....interesting...

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 20:44:30

At 11/15/02 06:43 PM, Infested_Me wrote:
You're only supporting him because he has the same first name as you.

CRAP! I've been found out.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-15 21:01:28

i think its total bullcrap

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-16 00:23:50

At 11/15/02 01:57 PM, RyoHahn wrote: I have such an opinion on this matter. but if I post it I will be yelled at by every single user. So best to keep my mouth shut.

just say it I say it and MOST!!! ok all but like 30 people on NG don't really like me including you and Dubio I am actually a very psycho person only person who knows it is all of NG. I don't act on my thoughts if I did that well then anybody that was gay would be in Clinics, smokers would get the crap beat out of them, and Alcoholics that abuse family members will be killed. I think killers must die and the people who kill the killers must commit suicide so not every single person in the world would be dead. Only killers and well abusive alcoholics. Gays and Lesbians would be in clinics with no outside communication and once you are forced to fuck the opposite sex and get shocked everytime you think of a part of the same sex like the penis, ass, or vagina.

Sorry gay people,
Earthcrisis

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-16 00:48:31

God bless you Tom. I was fearful at first when i had found out about the hackers but i knew you'd pull threw! ^_^ Thanx a bunch!

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-16 04:52:58

Frankly, I dun give a damn...Plus, i didnt read that stupid article cuz IT WUZ TOO LONG!!!
Why couldnt you just have made a summary for those who have better things to do than waste time reading that article???

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-16 06:51:55

This is exactly the problem...everyone has an opinion, but you'd never know that because no one wants to listen. If you didn't read the letter, don't post, because your opinion means nothing if it's not informed.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-16 14:45:24

He's just another Hollywood type who thinks he knows everything and then gives an opinion that is neither supportable nor correct. Half the stuff he refers to in that letter is stuff that he demonstrates his lack of knowledge.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-16 14:45:37

Typical liberal garbage, in my opinion. Who didn't know that Hollywood is comprised of the most radical elements of the Far Left? What fool among us was not completely and irrevocably congnizant of this obvious fact? That being said, if Mr Penn had offered up anything that Lewis Lapham and Barbara Streisand weren't already on their fifth run of whining about every time they open their liberal maws, perhaps I could have deemed this "Open Letter" more than the shameless "Holier Than Thou" bunk I am coming to expect from all members of the left, however moderate their agendas.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-16 14:47:25

I did read it and I thought it was a bunch of junk.

Response to Sean Penn's letter to G.W. Bush 2002-11-16 15:20:14

At 11/15/02 06:13 PM, bOOmertheCHUNKY wrote:
I'd rather hear wat u have to say then call u a homo

I know I am gonna regret posting this but here is my feeling.

To be honest I think the president had I hand in the 9-11 tragedy. Why? Think about it. As a president he was doing badly. People who voted for him in the first place regretted it later on. As time passed his popularity was sinking and fast. So what does he do? He allows a national tragedy to happen then he steps in and is called a great man. I mean he did what he needed to do so that when his term ends in office he can go down in history as one of the many presidents who stood tall in a time of war. But in real life he is a dummy. Listen to him speak. Half the time he doesn’t even know what he is saying. Now I know some of you are think “He wouldn’t do that he is the president.” Well let me ask you. If you were a person with a strong moral sense. (Stealing is wrong, never ht a woman, give to the homeless.) If you lived on the street and you saw bread in a store and the owner turned his back. Would you steal it and eat or starve to death? Of course you would eat it. In the president’s case, he was a bad president who needed to do something to that people would get behind him. Really think about it. Well that’s all. Remember this is just my opinion on this subject. If you are going to reply to this please write something that actually has some thought put in to it.