00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

froggartfrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nintendo = King

51,212 Views | 545 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 08:30:21

I'm also very excited about the revolution. At first i was just excited about being able to download oldschool games, but then i see this controller and....omfg i can't wait!!!1=D

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 08:39:54

Yahoo sure nintendo rocks

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 09:55:36

At 9/17/05 08:48 PM, MrDziekuje wrote:
At 9/17/05 04:58 PM, gaso4002 wrote:
Well, lets review the past few years

NES: Dominated Over the competetion (SEGA Genises was a 16 bit console mind you)
SNES: Absolutly crushes the SEGA 32X along with other competetion
N64: Dominates sales with more inovation, power, and better games than the Playstation and SEGA Saturn.
GC: Ah, finaly Nintendo comes out as the loser. Why? Becuase they are less violent? O Snap!

My point is that Nintendo is not neccisarily going to be the best, just the most ahead, the most differrent.

And what with your being thirteen years old, you were born when the SNES had already been around for a few years.. You really know what you're talking about. There's a difference between reading the history and actually living the times and playing these games.. I absolutely loved Nintendo. I still look back on the days of the SNES with fond memories.

I only had an N64 because I didn't know any better. When I was old enough to have my first job, one of the first things I bought was a Playstation. It had games. Good games, and lots of them. But right now I sit comfortably between my Xbox and PS2. They're both great systems that have excellent software, which is what really matters. My Nintendo Gamecube literally has a layer of dust and cobwebs on it right now. I haven't had the desire to play a Nintendo game since Metroid Prime 2..

I will be wedged between the PS3 and XBOX360 merely because I love to play video games. I am very excited about the move to HD, but graphics are not the issue in what makes a system great. The Revolution does not interest me because of Nintendo's performance on the Gamecube. Nintendo is on this non-stop experimental phase. They put a jetpack on Mario, they put a melted lego blob on Link's head, and they put two screens on their handheld when they should have spent that money on better graphical processing. This remote-wand is just more of this. I understand that there is going to be a controller "cradle", but my point is that this wand feature is not going to be used exclusively by anyone other than Nintendo. Do you think that developers will spend the extra time and money remapping controls on their game to fit this wand? Only if their game is Revolution exclusive. And that's not gonna fly.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 11:04:54

At 9/19/05 09:55 AM, Slickernaut wrote:
At 9/17/05 08:48 PM, MrDziekuje wrote:
At 9/17/05 04:58 PM, gaso4002 wrote:
Well, lets review the past few years

NES: Dominated Over the competetion (SEGA Genises was a 16 bit console mind you)
SNES: Absolutly crushes the SEGA 32X along with other competetion
N64: Dominates sales with more inovation, power, and better games than the Playstation and SEGA Saturn.
GC: Ah, finaly Nintendo comes out as the loser. Why? Becuase they are less violent? O Snap!

My point is that Nintendo is not neccisarily going to be the best, just the most ahead, the most differrent.
And what with your being thirteen years old, you were born when the SNES had already been around for a few years.. You really know what you're talking about. There's a difference between reading the history and actually living the times and playing these games.. I absolutely loved Nintendo. I still look back on the days of the SNES with fond memories.

I only had an N64 because I didn't know any better. When I was old enough to have my first job, one of the first things I bought was a Playstation. It had games. Good games, and lots of them. But right now I sit comfortably between my Xbox and PS2. They're both great systems that have excellent software, which is what really matters. My Nintendo Gamecube literally has a layer of dust and cobwebs on it right now. I haven't had the desire to play a Nintendo game since Metroid Prime 2..

I will be wedged between the PS3 and XBOX360 merely because I love to play video games. I am very excited about the move to HD, but graphics are not the issue in what makes a system great. The Revolution does not interest me because of Nintendo's performance on the Gamecube. Nintendo is on this non-stop experimental phase. They put a jetpack on Mario, they put a melted lego blob on Link's head, and they put two screens on their handheld when they should have spent that money on better graphical processing. This remote-wand is just more of this. I understand that there is going to be a controller "cradle", but my point is that this wand feature is not going to be used exclusively by anyone other than Nintendo. Do you think that developers will spend the extra time and money remapping controls on their game to fit this wand? Only if their game is Revolution exclusive. And that's not gonna fly.

Sure it will. Nintendo are making efforts the system cheap and easy to develop for. As long as the console takes off with the public (and if the innovation on the DS is anything to go by, it sure will) then I can see the Revolution getting a shitload of good games just because someone thinks up a cool idea for a game then makes it, with little regard to budget. And don't see it as having to fit the wand. Put 2 and 2 together and you can see it's way more versatile than any controller before it. It's the complete opposite. Revolution games have to fit the identical PS3 and X360 controllers.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 11:28:21

At 9/19/05 12:47 AM, perri05 wrote:
Another great feature about this controller is that IT HAS A POWER BUTTON! You don't even have to get up to shut the console off anymore - THAT is a great idea.

A fair point and well made. The controller concerned me at first but its the experts were talking about. Not to trash you dreams of turning off a console so easily but the power button is to turn the CONTROLLER on and off, not the console. This way the revolution knows who is player one by recognising the first one to be switched on, then the second to be switched on is player two and so on. I know its disapointing but its the only way to organise player numbers, how else would you sort it if you cant connect the controllers physically :P

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 11:49:40

At 9/18/05 06:46 PM, WHO_JasonT wrote: its not sonys fault they have to change the cotroller look, sony was getting sued by another company for coping the companies design, so sony had to change the look.
but dont ask what company sued them cause i dont know

What do you mean it isn't sony's fault? They're the ones who stole the rumble technology from immersion corp. Was it society's fault then?

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 12:17:53

At 9/18/05 07:25 PM, gaso4002 wrote: hahah the things i have to read now.........Mario Sunshine a good game????????????? And Luigi's Mansion???????? Also must remind you that RE4 is coming for the PS2(with extras)

And about the Nintendogs: just because a game sells good its doesnt actually mean that its not gay. ( like pokemon)

ps: http://gamecubeguy.com:8080/mailbag/revcon
2.jpg

The resident evil 4 on Playstation 2, and the Resident evil four on Gamecube are not going to be quite so similar. Because the PS2 has a completely different format from the gamecube, the entire game needed to be worked over and not only that, but the original creator, shinji mikami, absolutly refuses to work on this remake, as do some of the original developers. It will be an imitation, not a port.

And your arguments against nintendos games are weak at best. I don't care how much you call it gay, It's taken japan By storm, the US is falling head over heals for it as well, and it's frankly no surprise to me. Nintendogs is the Sims, but with adorable puppies.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 13:23:27

A fair point and well made. The controller concerned me at first but its the experts were talking about. Not to trash you dreams of turning off a console so easily but the power button is to turn the CONTROLLER on and off, not the console. This way the revolution knows who is player one by recognising the first one to be switched on, then the second to be switched on is player two and so on. I know its disapointing but its the only way to organise player numbers, how else would you sort it if you cant connect the controllers physically :P

Actually, i don't think you have to turn on the controller in order to figure out who's what player. I think they got channels like the Wavebird.

But think of this, they could bring back those Mystery games. I mean, imagine looking for clues in a game and such with the revolution remote. We all could be detectives and look for alien life like the X files :-D

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 15:02:09

-sigh- Ive always been a nintendo fan...Nintendo have always been oddballs with minidiscs and touch screen...but this is the weiredest crap i have ever seen.
Still in Zelda we may actually be able to SLASH PROPERLY...

hmm i surppose its a sort of way to get a touch screen on a console...

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 16:57:43

I dont know about the nintendo revolution, I look at the hands position on the "remote controller" and i'm like , Ouch ,... but maybe it's only a prototype, i hope they know what they do!

Nintendo = King

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 18:55:28

all i can say is what the hell? i'm seeing a reenacatment (or copy) of those educational video games that sucked. i.e. baseball thing and u had to swing to hit. what happens when the controller breaks? its going to be so hard for mario to jump even if the controller works... always tring to flick your wrist and your either to slow or it didnt read b/c your too fast. i see doom in the "peice of art".

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 20:03:17

To play super smash bros u have to beat up ur friend with the controler lol...=)

*trows the controller to his "friend" while playing halo2* woops...

*User Page under construction*

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 20:51:44

That controller would be awesome for Star Wars game knowing you have to swing it around and such.

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-19 21:57:05

I still think alot of people aren't truly grasping what this controller can do. Imagine playing a boxing game, in which you use TWO of the controllers and actually PUNCH with them. Imagine a real time melee-fighting "thingie" like Zelda. No more monotonous button combos to pull off combos and to hit in different areas. You can make up your own combos, and actually innovate in game. The Rev's controllers is EXTREMELY promising, but I'll admit I'm still anxious to see how they'll work out controls for certain game genres without the "GCN controller" attachment.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 01:10:42

nintendo sucks

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 01:34:25

i cant wait to c the new controller and system up close and personal! looks awsome :) This is just another reason why i luv Newgrounds, you let me know about wicked stuff like this :) thnx guys you rock!

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 01:37:02

hey look at my little baby hand, lol kool :)

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 06:55:20

Wow this looks quite exiting cant wait for more to see if it will work out.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 08:08:32

Old.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 10:33:41

The only drawback concerning me is how are stores going to put up playable displays.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 11:29:19

looks f-ing sick dude ! But I think i would miss the play of the now old style controllers.
I am not ready for the next jump in technology.
Being in Japan I am sure I can buy it sooner than the North American markets.
=)

HAPPY EASTERHappy EASTERhappy easter

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 11:35:47

At 9/16/05 10:21 AM, bigexplosions wrote: I knew it! But is Nitendo making the right choice of controller? I mean...look at it! It's looks like a remote, I thought it'd be something like the GameCube controller. It looks hard to use during gameplay and might be a problem, good thing the Revolution isn't coming for a while.

They said the controller Should be able to be played sideways and it would look and feel like a NES controller. I guess Nintendo has some way of the controller knowing it's sideways and when it's moved back and forth. Plus The Revolution is Really reverse compatible, You are suppose to be able to play NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube games on it too. Nintendo says that if you don't like the revolution controller you can also use a Gamecube controller on it as well.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 16:58:59

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

And I mean every I.

only one question , it looks like it woulod be a hassle to press more than one button at a time. And the buttones near the bottom also look kinda like a hassle.

But still sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

.......duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudes..... hehe

"Anything coming must automatically give way to your perfection, your anger, your awesomeness. The world must yield." -- Best Fortune Cookie Ever ; -[AXP]-

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 17:08:22

At 9/20/05 01:10 AM, Flashbottle wrote: nintendo sucks

You suck.

Say a bad comment, expect a bad comeback.

"Anything coming must automatically give way to your perfection, your anger, your awesomeness. The world must yield." -- Best Fortune Cookie Ever ; -[AXP]-

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 17:54:24

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Yes.... Nintendo is king.....

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 20:22:53

thats crazy......im speechless..............uhh but what do u think of the xbox 360?or the ps3?........the ps3 has all the hardware but the xbox 360 has all the power............i hope the revolution hits big b/c all that is hold ing nintendo up are their handhelds

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 20:38:58

i guess thats why its called the revolution

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 21:54:33

dang wat the fudgey SCIZZOR?! thats a weird control LOL

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 22:31:33

At 9/16/05 10:23 AM, TwinsenDude wrote: Oh yeah, having 3 different processors so the xbox can process 9 trillion polygons per second sure is old-fasioned...

It is old fashioned to take your old console and add more s***ty processors into it and expect it to play better games.

Response to Nintendo = King 2005-09-20 22:36:14

At 9/16/05 11:09 AM, Cajunspirit wrote: I can only hope that Nintendo knows what it's doing because there is no way in hell I can play and FPS or Fighter game with that " thing "

Yes, no way you could use that controller to aim your gun and move around with the included analog stick attachment. No way at all. It's much better to aim a gun with a stick.

FPS is actually the one genre that this controller completely nails. If anything, fighting games would be tricky (though very possible).