00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Orleans

28,151 Views | 205 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 22:47:11

At 9/2/05 10:42 PM, Glaiel_Gamer wrote: wow and I'll probably get my first daily feature with this too. That's 3 succesful games in a row (P:M, 3D frogger, this)

that's only because of Games of Gondor being envolved

haha, reading that probebly pissed you of T--H--I--S much :) <3

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 22:48:40

At 9/2/05 10:47 PM, Inglor wrote: that's only because of Games of Gondor being envolved

haha, reading that probebly pissed you of T--H--I--S much :) <3

Lol, Glaiel Games MADE games of gondor what it is today.

BTW only this much: .

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 22:50:08

At 9/2/05 10:48 PM, Glaiel_Gamer wrote: Lol, Glaiel Games MADE games of gondor what it is today.

Not really, actually, you meant " " this much to GoG bandwidth :P but we still really like all your ames and glad to have you aboard :)

BTW only this much: .

yeah, right :P

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 23:20:27

I'm angry that stupid hurricane thought it could come to America and attack us from the back they should make a flash where a drain is on the bottom on of the ocean and its coming and soldiers are like activate the hurri-drain and it stops and says where were are special tactics when America was attacked? New Orleans i have ur back holmes

Tupac Fan.With that vote, you now have 710 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 9.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 23:55:33

Can we do that? seriously

Tupac Fan.With that vote, you now have 710 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 9.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:11:51

At 9/2/05 05:15 PM, Tequila wrote: heliarc: 1)No, they didn't, which was why they'd been asking for funding to be able to keep the raise the levees and keep them up. 2)They were also told to seek refuse in the Superdome. 3)More like the fact that our national guard is stuck in Iraq, and there aren't enough resources to bail out fellow countrymen. Anyway, if we want to leave nature alone, we should support the Kyoto Protocol.

Ok I'll go with you on the levees you got me.However they DEFINITELY were told to evac.It was a mandatory evacuation plenty of time before the hurricane even hit.They knew about it.The superdome was a last resort thing because so many people stayed behind.

Leaving nature alone is not rebuilding this city as well.You build on swampland below the level of the sea you may as well expect this to happen.It goes against nature to build it and rebuild it.It goes against nature to keep the ocean out of where it wants to be.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:15:30

if you walk a half an hour through new orleans, you're still gonna be in the path of the hurricane.

Try geography class.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:18:53

I donated $100 to Red Cross on wednesday. I plan on donating $100 of every paycheck I make until the city is unflooded. Can I say my company/organization is newgrounds.com this next time?

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:21:06

I agree, does this guy think he is. If he was in their predicament he would have less to say on the situation. Just donate, they need it

And you.Again, I'd have been well out of there by the time it hit.I wouldnt have been waiting for looting oppurtunities I'd have been walking.So we can say that I wouldnt have been in that predicament.I dont live in a hurricane area or anything but everyone knew where and when it was going to hit.I wanted to go physically down there and help out in person but after seeing the hundreds of looters doing nothing but helping themselves to WAL-MART items I figured they have enough able bodies.

*Who* does this guy think he is?Just some idiot who happens to watch the weather.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:27:01

At 9/2/05 10:36 PM, ng_duude wrote: i know people are intended to thier free will...but ask yourself this what if u found out that your parents died in the disaster..u would probably moan and cry but you would get over it eventually. But then u see what i saw...i know a friend that lost his brother in the "disaster" and he saw 1 of these "movies"that make fun of these "dead people"and you know what....i think thats crule, crule as hell because u just recover from a loss. but then u see a guy that have nothing better to do but make fun of your dead brother,sister.mother,father,grandfather,g
randfarther. u wake up 1 day find out there dead, and then u surf the net and find out that some one takes plesure in making fund of them...i think you guys are going to hell in a handbasket. i think you guys are fucking pigs and should just stop because i bet you wouldnt do it if u lost some1 like that

and i bet that you would feel the same way i do when u see this.

Did you ever wonder if some of these authors may have lost someone in this way?Alot of times stinging comedy can be one hell of a good release for grievance.When we lose someone must we all get down on our knees and sob for them?This wont bring them back.My opinion is we may as well have as good of a time as we can with something bad happening.And if I'm going to hell for saying that then so be it.I'll drag your ass down with me.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:34:46

i feel sad for the victim, hope everybody will be ok

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:41:30

we need chuck noris handling stuff down in NOLA. He wouldn't allow this bullshit to happen.

New Orleans

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:41:32

my whole school *middel school and high scool* gave 256$ to the hurricane relief fund, which should be a littel help, i gave 50$ :P,but yea the hurricane was bad, i got hit a littel by it, but not alot, and the people who we're affected are here in downtown houston sleeping in the astrodome as we speak,im just glad they found a place to be safe at then the messed up tradgey they WAS in, :)

yes.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:52:41

ima big gay fag

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:53:24

Perhaps just make some Red Cross themed games?

Or a big 50+ artists collab with red cross propaganda, and a paypal donation link at the end...

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:56:02

At 9/3/05 12:52 AM, n00bling wrote: ima big gay fag

that wasn't really needed...and your going off subject O_O,better off not be doing that or else the mods will get you :(

yes.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 00:58:34

At 9/3/05 12:53 AM, Zwickel wrote: Perhaps just make some Red Cross themed games?

Or a big 50+ artists collab with red cross propaganda, and a paypal donation link at the end...

the collab would be very good! with the song "give a littel bit" in it, that would be great for newgrounds,then the artists and animate their characters singing the "give a littel bit" singing, hehe

yes.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 01:09:32

At 9/3/05 12:52 AM, n00bling wrote: ima big gay fag

I agree that you are, but we are trying to do something important. GTFO if you're not going to help.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 01:18:17

At 9/3/05 12:27 AM, heliarc wrote: Did you ever wonder if some of these authors may have lost someone in this way?Alot of times stinging comedy can be one hell of a good release for grievance.When we lose someone must we all get down on our knees and sob for them?This wont bring them back.My opinion is we may as well have as good of a time as we can with something bad happening.And if I'm going to hell for saying that then so be it.I'll drag your ass down with me.

I agree. I actually DO know some people from New Orleans who got stuck there, since my Mom works at a Cajun resteraunt and they get all their food from NO. One guy I know who used to work with my Mom was walking through the streets in fishing weighters and tripped over a dead body. He's now gotten out of there, thankfully. Another guy who used to work in my Mom's resteraunt is still trapped there, working in a hotel. They're pretty well cut off from the chaos of the city, but they have had to ration their food and water. They basically have a banana for breakfast and some spam for dinner, and then three drinks of water per day. Actually, we haven't heard from them for awhile, but they probably have gotten out by now.
Anyways, my point is, YES, I feel bad for these people that I know having to go through such harrowing experiences. Will it stop me from making a joke flash on the internet about the disaster? NO

tre

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 01:23:28

At 9/3/05 01:18 AM, F00D wrote:
At 9/3/05 12:27 AM, heliarc wrote: Did you ever wonder if some of these authors may have lost someone in this way?Alot of times stinging comedy can be one hell of a good release for grievance.When we lose someone must we all get down on our knees and sob for them?This wont bring them back.My opinion is we may as well have as good of a time as we can with something bad happening.And if I'm going to hell for saying that then so be it.I'll drag your ass down with me.
I agree. I actually DO know some people from New Orleans who got stuck there, since my Mom works at a Cajun resteraunt and they get all their food from NO. One guy I know who used to work with my Mom was walking through the streets in fishing weighters and tripped over a dead body. He's now gotten out of there, thankfully. Another guy who used to work in my Mom's resteraunt is still trapped there, working in a hotel. They're pretty well cut off from the chaos of the city, but they have had to ration their food and water. They basically have a banana for breakfast and some spam for dinner, and then three drinks of water per day. Actually, we haven't heard from them for awhile, but they probably have gotten out by now.
Anyways, my point is, YES, I feel bad for these people that I know having to go through such harrowing experiences. Will it stop me from making a joke flash on the internet about the disaster? NO

yea i guess i agree with ya there,we just gotta let it happen, we cant stop the hurricane from going away/coming back, its just mother nature,and it happend,we just gotta get though it, and donate like 20$ and so, and tried to help the people in need for some homes..., so what im basiclly saying is, we need to donate to help them yes, but we just gotta let things happen,good or bad,just gotta let it happen

yes.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 02:39:01

At 9/2/05 12:29 PM, Lost_Chances wrote: Good point Ozcar. People made fun of the "big wave" in Taiwan (I think thats the country) so whats stopping them making fun of New Orleans?

Nothing. It's been done already.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 02:58:04

simply put...they need aid. the whole point of this topic is to solicit some helping hands and sponsorship from..well...sponsers and people from the NG community. I don't know about you guys, but even with the opposing views and controversy about submitting offensive content and towards the tragedy itself, we shouldn't be at each others throats.

yes, i know; it's tough to respect others and their thoughts, especially if you were one of those many who were personally, and especially directly affected by this tragedy.

there will be time to fight, curse, and generally disagree with one another...but the time is now to put aside our differences, come together and contribute towards the cause of helping those who need be helped.

and if i spawned any illwill from anyone because of this post...i only hoped to quell the hearts of some, to instigate the knowledge and talent from the little society that we have here.

hope that this alone may in some way aids N'Orleans.

if not, i could always give a dollar or two if called upon.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 05:27:57

I agree, donating would be a noble thing to do. Unfortunately, I don't have a credit card nor do I have any money for that matter :\

tre

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 05:44:40

same here....im more poor than them i bet !

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 05:59:11

My game is Daily Feature today. 250 to $New Orleans

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 06:26:16

At 9/2/05 12:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: PsychoGoldfish has a great idea that allows artists & programmers to help contribute to disaster relief. Basically, we want to put together a group of contributors from the site who will take sponsorship bids on their current / upcoming projects and the money will go to the Red Cross.

A great idea to help those in need that were affected by the Katrina. However, it'll be difficult to attract some sponsors, but the NG community has to start somewhere :)

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 06:47:44

I can honestly say Mayor Nagin is the most honest politician I have never heard or seen...that whole interview was right from the heart and mind of an average man who became mayor...too bad we can't have more of his kind in various government levels.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 06:49:50

That's a really good idea tom!

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 08:32:19

Well someone's already made a joke about the Crisis...

I might be able to donate something when I go back to school soon, I'm in the UK and I got no credit card or anything.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 08:55:55

well if u did lose some one dear to you at the disaster or havent herd from them im very sorry for you and i hope they come home soon. but....u guys always think of makeing a flash thats funny to other peoplewhy not try making a flash that will touch there hearts like a memerable flash the 'autem tree' flash, now that was good and it was dedicated to the people that lost their lives in the massicer, u wanna know why, because some one used their feeling for once and made something thats memerable, not funny.