00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Orleans

28,150 Views | 205 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 23:49:50

At 9/3/05 07:40 PM, bigbrendy wrote:
At 9/3/05 07:24 PM, Crappy_Animations wrote: NO!!! Dont donate to the Red Cross read here why:
Why Not To Donate To Red Cross (Article)
OMG you actually go by the internet. get the proper facts or get out. I however would encourage donating as there is people dying right now.

the media can be just as bad dude, the only way you could know 100% is by first hand.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-03 23:53:28

At 9/3/05 09:52 PM, arturo_fernandez wrote: What is even worse is that the place will take days to unflood. (If the water is out of New Orleans already, please inform me)

Since New Orleans is under sea level they will have to pump all of the water out of the city. Before they can pump they water they need to both 1) Repair the damaged canals / levees so no more water comes in after they start pumping and 2) Restore power. According to news analysists we are talking about a process that will take months, not days. After all of the water is finally out they will be able to BEGIN the process of restoring the city which will take a long time as well. And no, New Orleans hasn't unflooded yet.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 01:00:28

To put things into perspective, my school plans to reopen around January. And reopening the schools is a priority.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 01:10:53

At 9/2/05 12:25 PM, Ozcar wrote: Nice idea, Tom :)

But...

I'm sure we'll get soon movies making fun of this disaster..Parodies come to Newgrounds always, and some people loves to make fun of of these kind of things.

What would be Newgrounds' policy about these movies?

Should we vote on them based on its quality or blow the whistle on them?

my bro is a cop in NO so i will tell him that you guys are helping the people over there he showed me newgrounds so i bet he will be happy that the people of NG care about him and the cops and the citz

hey bush maybe you should take one from tom and help the people over there

Any one gonna have sex with my sister gonna be me!

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 03:38:13

Bush should have organised the relief better, if there was more help from him, then everyone would be helped

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 03:53:20

If you want your donations to actually get to the victims, you should pick another charity group. The following article says:
"Families of September 11th victims were prevented from receiving half of the donations sent by well meaning citizens to the Red Cross for their aid."

Don't Give your Hurricane Katrina Relief Donations to the Red Cross

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 05:52:37

OK man, great idea, i really think those guys need help out there and everyone can do a little bit. The thing is i'm sure people will spoof this on newgrounds, i mean thats obvious. wether that is good or bad is another topic.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 06:55:11

Man that mayor went off.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 10:30:16

It truly is devastating the pictures in newspapers are horrific dead floating around its sick i tell you even on tv its distraught people bursting into tears is something you dont come over often and when you watch it its not a nice feeling.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 15:56:14

At 9/3/05 04:29 PM, bigbrendy wrote:
At 9/3/05 02:53 PM, heliarc wrote:
Btw I'd like to see a Paypal link or something so I can shoot some cash directly.And theres a thing telling me to download an Active X control for a browser thing that smells fishy so I wont be doing ANY online transactions until thats gone.It's coming up every time I come on newgrounds.I'd like to help out as well but I dont need my bank account hacked.
Are you sure about this. In the past two days I have been on newgrounds on two different computers, one having AOL and I havent come across any Active X control on the website. Has this been going on long or just recently when the transactions started for the red cross? I appreciate that you however are trying to donate, i have already gave and am planning to give more. Although i understand that you want to pospond this, I wouldnt make any transactions if it were coming up for me.

It's just been the past few days and it didnt come up for me today.I ran Nortons last night and nothing came up infected but I'm a little freaked out about doing this online.I'm just going to take $50 down to the church in person and donate.I can't take the chance on being logged or having a trojan.I had zonealarm running but it wouldnt let me have my e-mail so no firewall right now either.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 22:56:39

very good idea

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-04 23:11:37

Put me down for a gamer..

I would like to help any way I can.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-05 01:26:17

lol i been told to put my game into this, but its crap =X.... lol oh well, i cant help that my friends suck at flash and think my crap is good.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-05 01:44:45

Well, I'm a flasher in the making...so I don't know if you'd like to have a noob like me who's just learning in the art of flash, but I feel very strongly for what's happening in New Orleans. I've seen it on TV, so I'm going to buckle down and run those tutorials twice, because I'm going to try to help as a Newgrounds Flash Artist.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-05 01:52:31

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-05 01:55:11

OMG! soory bout the link above. I posted in the wrong place...

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-05 04:51:15

What really help me relaxed about this whole thing is...

Stop Crying Your Heart Out Collab

yes.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-05 09:48:50

I am interested in this project (as a game programmer). I don't have a current project and there's no reason I couldn't put a little effort into helping someone out, [especially] if it means making a game in the process.

Like others have said, there aren't enough details yet, so I don't quite know what I'm getting into, but I'm sure Tom or someone will send out an email spelling out the whole deal.

If he explained it already in this thread, forgive me for not reading all 170 replies.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-05 16:46:30

At 9/2/05 06:08 PM, Warspyer wrote:
At 9/2/05 12:29 PM, Lost_Chances wrote: Good point Ozcar. People made fun of the "big wave" in Taiwan (I think thats the country) so whats stopping them making fun of New Orleans?
Because it happened in our backyard, not some commie asian country.

How come some of you are such dumbasses. Indonesia isnt a 'commie' country at all. And the entire attitude that american lives are worth more than any other lives fuckin sickens me.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-05 17:15:28

Ok, i just sent an email to you Tom.
~peace~

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-05 19:52:36

I'm trying to raise some interest in the idea of providing a flash the the Lock Legion members over at glorton, I'll email you if anything comes of it.

-- MushroomLock

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-06 07:59:07

Thats Great!
What you guys are doing is great!

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-06 08:40:13

I can provide symphonic metal/orchestra/DnB music for any flash-artist that needs it. However, I will not donate anything. I'm not american and the US has way more than enough resources to fix this themselves. The actual hurricane is just an event of nature so tough luck, deal with it. But the contribution through flash sounds good. So, if anyone needs music for their work, send me an email and I'll get to work.

It's good to know that you all care about your fellow citizens because it seems your governament and president doesn't.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-06 09:56:05

Fuck off, Swede...nobody wants your shitty music anyways.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-06 11:20:56

This is an awesome idea! Crazy Monkey Games is definitely interested in sponsoring one or more of these games. I'm looking forward to seeing the list of games when it's available.

I think that another great idea would be to include a link to http://give.redcross.org in the games along with the explaination that the game was made to help the hurricane victims. That way people who play the game would be able to click through to make a donation. If it's a popular game then this could really generate a lot of extra donations.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-06 13:05:26

Stamper: Have you ever donated to any cause other than this one? (Assuming you've donated.)

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-06 14:20:13

I apologize if my comment earlier is considered cruel, but shit like the New Orleans disaster doesnt even compare to what goes on DAILY in the entire world.

Good luck with helping the New Orleans residents. Just don't forget about the rest of the world currently in misery, suffering and death.

Stamper: Dont jump to conclusions.

1. I personally think donations are pretty cold. If you really want to help, go there and help first hand. Theres allways a need for more able hands in a situation like this. If you send me the plane-tickets I'll happily come help. My life is pretty much pointless so why not spend some time ruining Death's plans?
2. If you don't like me for throwing the truth at you (considerably hard though, sry about that) them go back to kindergarten and stay there.
3. I'm american, not swedish. I LIVE in Sweden though.

But since you probably dont care, heres what I'll do:

I'll send you a nice, high quality picture of me. Once you've recieved it, go print out a large copy of it. Big enough to see my face clearly from 10 yards away. Set it up on a large wooden wall. Like a barnyard wall, rough and sturdy. Then I want you to pick up some throwing knives ( http://www.ebladesto..rowing%20Knives.html
) . When you've got the knives (i recommend atleast 6 of em) just aim at that nasty skinny dude in the picture and go crazy. Hell, invite your friends too.

Or you could just not care about what some random dick on the internet says and focus on more important matters. Like football.

Oh, by the way, foad.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-06 15:23:12

At 9/6/05 02:20 PM, Lashmush wrote: 1. I personally think donations are pretty cold. If you really want to help, go there and help first hand. Theres allways a need for more able hands in a situation like this. If you send me the plane-tickets I'll happily come help. My life is pretty much pointless so why not spend some time ruining Death's plans?

Wow...... most people live very busy lives. They need donations and people to help, but what exactly could you do first hand? Your logic is wrong.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-06 23:30:05

At 9/6/05 09:56 AM, Stamper wrote: Fuck off, Swede...nobody wants your shitty music anyways.

HAhaha Amen brother, love how people got so much to say about other countries except their own :-p

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-06 23:47:59

I'm interested. I can make some graphics. I'm no programmer, the only games I can make are choose your own adventure star trek, or bill cosby clubbin' people. Actually I'm no graphic artist either. But give me an assignment, and I will try to complete it!

I am finishing up a dark bitter love story cartoon, non-game. If a sponsor wanted their branding on it, that'd be cool.