00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Orleans

28,148 Views | 205 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 13:50:26

That's a real nice thing you are doing Tom. =)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 13:55:57

I was already talking to tom about doing something about the new orleans thing.. so yea im in this tell me where to sign.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 13:59:20

anyhow, if anyone wants an actual sponsorship for their game FOR THIS PURPOSE ONLY you can email me at inglor@gmail.com , all other sponsorship requests meanwhile are under halt unless I contacted you. if you want to talk about the contest of sponsorships and not discuss this particular cause email gamechallenge@gamesofgondor.com

if you want to make a difference and help however email inglor@gmail.com and I promise I'll do everything I can to assist

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 14:03:04

I doubt we will be seeing any tsunami style "Beach Lootup" games/parodies. As this tradgedy has actually happened to some of our own.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 14:05:51

Anything you guys could donate would be greatly appreciated. It would help get my city back on track, anyway.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 14:13:01

whats with everyone just saying nice idea tom? how does that contribute, it was psychogoldfishes idea!

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 14:13:39

At 9/2/05 02:03 PM, T-H wrote: I doubt we will be seeing any tsunami style "Beach Lootup" games/parodies. As this tradgedy has actually happened to some of our own.

I would still vote well on a game like that, eventhough this happened to some of my best friends I still feel that these sort of games represent NG in a way, it's not that ng members donate less or feel less need to help, it's the fact we are mature enough to understand that differenciation should be made between the truth and some wacko online flash game, and that humor is good even when dark, and it's very enjoyable to laugh at people who don't get parody flash games...

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 14:22:55

Well, since I have no place in this little idea as either a sponsor, or a flash artist/programmer, I was wondering if perhaps we could have a few Newgrounds' sponsored flashes, so that a group of users could sponsor a single movie in order to raise the same kind of money that a real sponsor would and that way many of the small-timers here with the ability to donate would feel like they helped in some small way.

Otherwise, I have no site to sponsor movies, and I haven't the expertise or reliability to complete a flash entry worthy of sponsorship.

Great idea though, with any luck this'll raise a decent chunk of cash to send down there. I'm willing to help out in any way not previously mentioned that I'd be able to help out if needed.

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 14:34:38

hell if any group of users wants to get together and chip in I'm sure you could sponsort a game

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 14:57:24

I couldnt make flash to save my life or flash my way out of a paper bag but it is shocking what those people are going through along the gulf coast there.
Reminded me of the tsunami in sumatra. . . that was fairly close to me. . . scary stuff.

I wish all those affected a safe recovery

HAPPY EASTERHappy EASTERhappy easter

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 15:00:42

i hope theres some really distasteful games just like this one remember?

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 15:31:53

Thanks for putting this together Tom.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 15:32:12

Too far for me.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 15:33:26

At 9/2/05 12:29 PM, Lost_Chances wrote: Good point Ozcar. People made fun of the "big wave" in Taiwan (I think thats the country) so whats stopping them making fun of New Orleans?

Nothing because they already have.

Tom could donate the 2,500 from games and movies winners to the charity.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 15:51:44

I think this is a wonderful idea, though i'd like to suggest an alternative besides the Red Cross. They have been getting lots of money as of late, and I believe a few more charities could do just as good with that money.
Besides that I have a personal vendetta against the Red Cross. My parents owned a plasma center in Seattle, and the Red Cross used quite brute tactics to actually compete with my parents.
But the decision isn't mine, and it will be an act of kindness no matter who you donate to.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 15:56:54

I maybe not very good at flash and i cannot see that there is anything i can do please tom or someone ell me what i can do to help.You can email me at withwitho@btinternet.com or reply to this post.Please tell me what i can do to help (i have given all my money to reputable charities)

Oliver

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 16:01:19

wow its so good to see how much ppl actually care i only wish i was better at flash and i could give something wrt while but mine isnt good enough yet
hahaha lol i doubt it ever will be too lol

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 16:04:57

Psychogolfish is a good guy, and his idea is fantastic.

I'll donate what I can, or at least try to.

Best wishes to those in New Orleans. Much Love.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 16:08:03

At 9/2/05 01:16 PM, Ozcar wrote:
At 9/2/05 01:03 PM, Tremour wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree.
Yeah... The StarSyndictae * shrugs *

Those horny teenagers really know about the subject,...

are you fucking retarded or something???

what does that have with being a horny teenager?

on the contrary i have seen you use "the horny teenager" line many times in contexts were it didnt belong, i think you have a problem of your own.

by the way tell me why would you call the star syndicate people "horny teenagers", it is funny considering you have admited many times to like hentai and you made a dressup "game" your self a pretty idiotic one btw

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 16:10:10

At 9/2/05 01:22 PM, Ozcar wrote:
I don't find this funny... As a matter of fact, I find it stupid and racist in many ways:

i find you stupid and racist too, what a coincidence!!!

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 16:18:40

Normally I would be against donating toa website but I trust you tom. If i get the chance ill donate as generously as possible as i understand the red cross needs help at this moment of time. The disaster was shocking to lots ofcountries and this should have an impact upon people to give what they can. You're doing the right thing tom , you're not just some genious programmer, your a guy with a big heart. I know i sound pretty gay right now but its the gods honest truth.

People of newgrounds, i think it would be best if we all play our part and chip in whenever possible, because your not doing it for tom or the guys that make this flash, its for the people out there dying right now and left without a home or any possesions. Please donate whether the flash sucks or not, and please try to blam any flash that discriminates the situation.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 16:33:04

I love "compassionate" consvertavism. So much for a "culture of life".

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 16:50:59

Is it possible to put your username to show you support the cause? 'Cause I want to if you can.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 16:57:00

Nice idea...

BBS Signature

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 17:04:34

1:They build a city below sea level.Did they expect those levies to keep the OCEAN out forever???

2:They were told to get out.Now I understand crippled people with no cars but the only others that remained were being possesive over the few pieces of trash that they own.They would have only had to walk for half an hour.

3:Help and supprot is on the way and more coming as you read this.However because of all the extra idiots/looters that didnt want to leave and are now stranded on rooftops there has to be more work done to rescue them.Of course now it's going to take longer for the rest of the work to get done.

I say next time leave nature alone.Quit building under sea level.To that "Mayor"make dam sure your people are smart enough to start walking next time they have AMPLE warning of an impending catastrophe, don't sit and whine about Bush being too slow when half of the deaths could have been avoided.Its a simple case of passing the blame.

Heli out---------->

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 17:06:15

Oh yea, nice idea about the supporting the efforts down there though.God bless every one of em

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 17:10:36

I think that this is an excellent idea and I am definately going to sponsor it. Great idea Tom.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 17:15:35

heliarc: 1)No, they didn't, which was why they'd been asking for funding to be able to keep the raise the levees and keep them up. 2)They were also told to seek refuse in the Superdome. 3)More like the fact that our national guard is stuck in Iraq, and there aren't enough resources to bail out fellow countrymen. Anyway, if we want to leave nature alone, we should support the Kyoto Protocol.

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 17:29:37

At 9/2/05 05:15 PM, Tequila wrote: heliarc: 1)No, they didn't, which was why they'd been asking for funding to be able to keep the raise the levees and keep them up. 2)They were also told to seek refuse in the Superdome. 3)More like the fact that our national guard is stuck in Iraq, and there aren't enough resources to bail out fellow countrymen. Anyway, if we want to leave nature alone, we should support the Kyoto Protocol.

I agree, does this guy think he is. If he was in their predicament he would have less to say on the situation. Just donate, they need it

Response to New Orleans 2005-09-02 17:57:09

I've been compiling a list of people who have shown interest in sponsoring (via email)! We need to start working out some pricing structures. I was originally thinking $500 and up, but we could probably attract more sponsors if we had a lower range as well.

Now I REALLY wish I had a PR team, we should be putting out a press release and attracting more widespread attention!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature