00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

eZee just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,764,659 Views | 87,905 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-13 14:03:38

At 8/13/11 06:58 AM, Haggard wrote: Real life level up! Reached level 30 now!

Here you go, sport.

Hope you like it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 00:44:15

Reached Level 34! Hooray! What a great way to start my college days!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 00:51:36

Congrats to:
Haggard: 30 Years IRL
Soapbubble: Top 4,000 in EXP
Ship: Level 30
SCTE3: 1,111 Audio review responses
ZJ: Level 34

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 01:07:54

Level 7. Fuck yea!

I am actually trying to level now.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 05:49:51

I have 8000 posts now.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 07:36:29

Coop enjoys perusing photos from yesterday's game, while congratulating:
Haggard: 30th Birthday
Ship: Level 30
SCTE3: 1,111 Audio Review Responses
ZJ: Level 34
Asandir: 8,000 Posts

At 8/13/11 06:09 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/12/11 11:05 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/12/11 10:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: Well, have fun with that. Coop's well ahead of me at this point.
There's a man who knows when he's beaten.
What do you think I can do at this point?

Pat me on the back and buy me a pint?

On another note, GO WI/HT? TEAM!
Oh, so that's the game you're playing, is it? Right, time for me to dig out a photo of my own...
I like. Now if only you could post a few more pictures. ;)

Well, I'll have a look - photobucket tonight, but first, I have a few cricket games to score.

At 8/13/11 05:31 AM, Coop wrote: One of my favourite release games for the PS2 appears to have been remade for the PS3. SSX
looks better than ever.
Is it actually a remake? I assumed it was some sort of reboot.

I think it's just a new game, but I'll report back in 2012, when it's released.

At 8/13/11 01:26 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/12/11 11:05 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/11/11 04:01 PM, Auz wrote: Now to find out a way to beat Coop.
What's this? Talk of my demise? Forget it!
"Dr Coop. I'm Doug Roth, I write for the Nova Express. I wonder if you remember Wally Weaver. Back in the sixties, the newspapers called him "Dr. Coops buddy". He died of cancer in 1971.".

I'm surprised at you Auzrian. Putting myself back together was the first trick that I learned.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 08:41:45

Level 21. It's funny that I went idle ten experience points away for a levelup the past few months or so.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 09:15:05

Listening to:

Budgie - Deliver Us From Evil

I hope it was good.

At 8/12/11 10:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: The cinemas it might be a hit but for a handheld, it's not clicking on.
Well not everybody is happy with the hype. In fact, most of the other regular cinema goers I talk with hate it as much as I do. Tickets cost extra, but it's never worth the money.

And not once have I bothered with the extra for the 3D edition. It's not like I'm missing out on anything special.

Maybe more and more people have come to realize this and that's why the 3D on handhelds isn't clicking on?

That's it! Hopefully Sony will drop the 3DTV bullshit. They go non-stop about that crap at E3.

That was in the 90s and it was a different age for gaming. And no, it wasn't released in Europe so you're really fucked with picking it up on console.
FFFFFFFFF

People keep recommending me this game, but I suppose I'll have a tough time trying to find it then... =/

They probably have to tell you that you need to get it online.

I already have Metroid Fusion on cartridge and the original Zelda is already on the collector's edition I have. However, I think it will work nicely on the 3DS. Warioware is another game I may as well pick up. I already played Touched and Smooth Moves so I may as well see what the original is like. I may have SMB on GBA cartridge already but there's no harm in downloading them all considering they're free.
Hmm I'm generally a bit less interested in SMB, but I'd probably pick it up too if I still had some downloads left.

I'm guessing you've played SMB already. If you've got space left, it's a game you may as well pick up.

Yeah, Spoony really missed out on the Sphere Grid for the FFX review and when fans asked him about it on Twitter, he actually told them to piss off. That's one of many reasons why he became a target on ED as well as other sites.
I think he gave a few short comments on it, but yeah... I wish he went as in-depth as he did in FFVIII on the Junction system and the Triple Triad game.

At least he's got a right mind with FFX-2. He'll go on about some horrible parts of the game (monkey scene) but he's still commenting on the gameplay. As a matter of fact, I can't remember what he said about the battle system now. To be fair, the battle system is good. It's a damn shame it was wasted on an awful game.

Then we keep it as secured as possible.
Get one of your dragon buddies to guard the front door. That'll do the trick.

If I had any...

Well, have fun with that. Coop's well ahead of me at this point.
So he is of me, but recently it has come to my attention that I post more than he does :D

In that case, you two can have fun.

At 8/14/11 07:36 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/13/11 06:09 AM, Bahamut wrote: What do you think I can do at this point?

I already bought you a damn pint but a pat on the back I'll give you next time.

Well, I'll have a look - photobucket tonight, but first, I have a few cricket games to score.

Don't forget!

I'll probably pick it up when it comes out. Maybe, not definite.

At 8/14/11 07:42 AM, Odyssic wrote: Started to Play FF 9, I love it so far.

It's a fantastic game. Be sure to enjoy just about every moment of it.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 13:30:51

Happy birthday you old fart!

Time for you to have kids and get married.

I forgot that you were married already, lol. Excuse me XD

At 8/13/11 01:26 PM, Auz wrote: "Dr Coop. I'm Doug Roth, I write for the Nova Express. I wonder if you remember Wally Weaver. Back in the sixties, the newspapers called him "Dr. Coops buddy". He died of cancer in 1971.".
I'm surprised at you Auzrian. Putting myself back together was the first trick that I learned.

Shit! I suppose making you fuck off to Mars isn't going to work.

At 8/14/11 07:42 AM, Odyssic wrote: Started to Play FF 9, I love it so far.

Great game. My favourite Final Fantasy of all the ones I've played.

At 8/14/11 09:15 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/13/11 01:26 PM, Auz wrote: Well not everybody is happy with the hype. In fact, most of the other regular cinema goers I talk with hate it as much as I do. Tickets cost extra, but it's never worth the money.
And not once have I bothered with the extra for the 3D edition. It's not like I'm missing out on anything special.

Nope not at all. It's a cheap gimmick to nab some extra money, that's all.

Maybe more and more people have come to realize this and that's why the 3D on handhelds isn't clicking on?
That's it! Hopefully Sony will drop the 3DTV bullshit. They go non-stop about that crap at E3.

Oh yeah, I wonder how that will work out. I know some people who have a 3D TV now, but they still need to watch with those silly glasses and if you only got one pair of them...

FFFFFFFFF

People keep recommending me this game, but I suppose I'll have a tough time trying to find it then... =/

Hmm like find a site that offers it and I can play it on my PC?

Hmm I'm generally a bit less interested in SMB, but I'd probably pick it up too if I still had some downloads left.
I'm guessing you've played SMB already. If you've got space left, it's a game you may as well pick up.

I've never beaten it or anything and never owned it either. But a friend of mine had it and we used to play it often.

I think he gave a few short comments on it, but yeah... I wish he went as in-depth as he did in FFVIII on the Junction system and the Triple Triad game.
At least he's got a right mind with FFX-2. He'll go on about some horrible parts of the game (monkey scene) but he's still commenting on the gameplay. As a matter of fact, I can't remember what he said about the battle system now. To be fair, the battle system is good. It's a damn shame it was wasted on an awful game.

Can't remember exactly, but I thought he was fairly possitive about the battle system and the ability learning system. Of course the dress spheres are weird, but leveling them up was alright.

Get one of your dragon buddies to guard the front door. That'll do the trick.
If I had any...

Fuck. So it's like Dragonheart for you then?

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 14:47:48

At 8/13/11 01:05 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/11/11 05:48 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/11/11 03:59 PM, Auz wrote: I suppose I wouldn't know about the German dub either. But I'd probably find the German dub hilarious anyway :p
Same for the dutch dub. :P
I guess I should give the danish dub a try as well. XD
Lol! I always imagine Scandinavian languages sounding even more silly to foreigners than Dutch does :p

Swedish seems to be pretty close to german. At least I heard from different sources that learning swedish isn't too hard for a guy who already speaks german.

Still though, I'd rather see the original than a dub in most cases. I got a feeling that more of the original work gets lost by dubbing than by subbing.
True. Sometimes the translations are shit.
Yeah. I know sometimes the subbing is also shit, but at least I can hear it then and laugh at the terrible job someone did translating it.

But sometimes it's more like *face palm*

Furthermore, phrases like "What an asshole!" have lead to plenty of creative and hilarious translations in the subtitles :p

Original: "He's a dirty motherfucker!"
Translation: "He isn't a very nice person."
XD

I've seen a few films where they even changed the original soundtrack in the dub, and it turned out awful. It didn't suit the film at all.
Heh. I've never seen that. But sometimes the original sound (ie the voices, etc) are too quiet in the original - or the sounds from the environment are too loud. Especially some of the older Columbo films have that problem. A dub (or subtitles) really helps here, because all the voices are cristal clear.
Seen it happen in several cartoons. I believe it was/is kinda hip to change the soundtrack from Japanese cartoons to something more... American if it's ever broadcasted on TV for children. This can sometimes just set an entirely different mood for a scene.

Well, if they replace shitty J-Pop with something else I have nothing against it.

Probably. Watching English films and playing English video games did really help me improve my English early on in life. I think it's the reason why I ended up with one of the top grades in English class in high school ^^
Yes. Video games can teach you important things! :D
Yeah! They taught me how to double jump :D

They also taught me that doors are unbreakable, no matter how big your weapons are!

Oh well, I guess that's just one problem case, but for most films it works fine.
Depends on the kind of movies you like to watch, I guess. :P
As long as it's not romantic comedies I'm open for anything.

How about Mulholland Drive? I cannot imagine watching this while reading subtitles. It's hard enough to follow the movie without reading subs. Let alone understanding the movie (I gave that up a long time ago ^^)

They sometimes do that here too, but only for the news when they interview someone who talks in a horrible accent :p
Oh yeah, sometimes on those horrobile TV shows they show during the day some people are subtitled as well. But I only ever see that on RTL, which we call "Unterschichtenfernsehen" (underclass television) anyway. XD
Lol!

We call our SBS6 the "camping channel", I suppose it's a similar set-up as your RTL.

"SBS 6 is de familiezender van Nederland met veel amusement, topseries, films, sport en (show) nieuws uit binnen-en buitenland."

"family station", sounds like "shitties station ever broadcasting" to me. ^^
Also, you do have your own RTL in Holland, right?

He sure is :p
Yes. I like how he can express all those different feelings with only minor changes in his mimic.
It looks like they haven't included his horrible pain pace yet.

Amazing how he never even twitches a single muscle in his face while turning around the machete.

I could make out some lines and words, but it's difficult. Then again, I don't know if I would understand a normal German sitcom any better.
How about some Married with children, then?
Oh, and don't mind the artificial laughter, everybody here thinks it sucks as well.
Oh but the artificial laughter is in the original show as well, and plenty of sitcom shows use it so I'm kinda used to it by now (even though I don't like it much either).

I always thought it was real laughter in the original series. After all you can sometimes see the characters standing around doing nothing, while they wait for the laughter to die down.

Anyway I think Peg needs to sound more whiney, like she does in the original ("but AAAAHAAAAAAAAL") :p

Oh, she does sound pretty whiney from time to time. ^^

Again I can make out a couple of words and lines, but I can't understand it entirely.

All right, so no difference for you here. ^^

Ah I see. I thought that film would be pretty odd if they all talked German. Considering they need someone to speak Italian at some point and Hans Landa's big thing is that he speaks four languages fluently.
I remember "Saving Privat Ryan", where they met that german guy. That scene made no sense in the german dub.
Lol, I can imagine. I thought one thing was that he kept talking to them but they couldn't really understand him.

Yeah, it's kinda dumb to get that young soldier (forgot his name, the guy who wants to carry around his typewriter at the beginning of the movie) to translate for them if they all speak german in the first place.

Or Heinz? :p
No no, that's the ketchup brand. :P
Heinrich then?

Heinrich is good. After all there where a few Kaisers named Heinrich.

Beauty is no more it's all gone
And utopia will not come
Trust I can not feel, only pain
And my burning mind has gone insane

Ok, I guess that covers it. No need to repeat the first and second verse here. ^^
Also, kinda odd to sing "Violent Revolution" while there are riots in England. Maybe they started rioting because of that song? :/

I hope it was good.

Of course!

At 8/13/11 06:09 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/12/11 05:03 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/12/11 10:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: Good and good. Well, not that HammerFall are bad or anything but Infected is one album that sucks.
I just ordered Death's "Symbolic"
Good stuff! Individual Thought Patterns is another Death album to get.

Yes, but I already own that. :P

And that paperbag wearing douche Shrapnel is gone as well.
Now if only Rage could fuck off...
He should ragequit!

And this stupid blue dragon... oh, wait!

His name derives from the word "grisù", which means Firedamp.
Well, at least we're remembering this adorable dragon.

I can't decide if Grisu is more adorable or the Bubble Bobble dragons.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 15:38:20

2nd NG birthday.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-14 22:51:25

At 8/13/11 05:31 AM, Coop wrote: What's wrong with my look? I like the goatee and the hair was there for Maiden - I'll keep it until the end of the cricket season, that's guaranteed.

It's fine as long as you don't mind not getting a date anytime soon, Mr. Guy Fawkes.

At 8/13/11 06:09 AM, Bahamut wrote: Well, he is the boring fuck who watches crappy soap operas.

Well we all have our negative qualities. I'm sure you can look past that.

Uhh, yeah, you do that. I'll have my shotgun ready.

Nice try. You live in the UK, you guys don't have guns or the Second Amendment there. :P

At 8/13/11 01:26 PM, Auz wrote: Oh yeah there were a bunch of people who had done next to nothing. At least I have done something, even though it's not much compared to the likes of Bahamut and Tom himself.

We can do what we have time to do. I barely have time for R&R on NG without having to babysit the Reviews and BBS let alone the Icons and Genres.

I think they'll look at me like 0.0 whaa...?

I'm not under the impression that employees of (fast food) restaurants know all that much about the food they're selling.

Yeah, I'm sure corporate tells them how to assemble it and doesn't mention about quality or what's really in it. Put lunch meat A on Bread slice B. Add condiment K and place Bread slice A on top.

Oh come on. What can a couple of bears do?

According to Chronomut, have sex with you. That might be a different kind of bear that what you're thinking of though...

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 00:43:39

Commander rank and level 34!Shiny!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 02:29:16

I should get 18,000 Saves today, which means I'm almost on the Top savers list. Maybe I'll get a B/P rank up as well, but so far the submissions are coming in slower than I expected.

Congrats to:
Asandir: 8,000 Post
EmmDubya: Level 21
sandwich-eater: 2 Years on NG
Bryan: 4,000 Post
SCTE: 1,337 Rank in EXP
HeavyTank: Commander/Level 34

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 03:16:16

Coop recovers from the heaviest defeat of the cricket season, while congratulating:
EmmDubya: Level 21
sandwich-eater: 2nd NG Berfday
Bryan: 4,000 Posts

Listening to:
Iron Maiden - Coming Home
Metallica - Jump In The Fire

At 8/13/11 06:09 AM, Bahamut wrote: What do you think I can do at this point?
I already bought you a damn pint but a pat on the back I'll give you next time.

Fair enough.

Don't forget!

I was so knackered and what not, I did forget. I'll get to it, don't worry.

I'll let you know how good it is.

At 8/14/11 01:30 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/13/11 01:26 PM, Auz wrote: "Dr Coop. I'm Doug Roth, I write for the Nova Express. I wonder if you remember Wally Weaver. Back in the sixties, the newspapers called him "Dr. Coops buddy". He died of cancer in 1971.".
Shit! I suppose making you fuck off to Mars isn't going to work.

Pfft, I did that shit in 1985!

At 8/14/11 10:51 PM, reverend wrote:
At 8/13/11 05:31 AM, Coop wrote: What's wrong with my look? I like the goatee and the hair was there for Maiden - I'll keep it until the end of the cricket season, that's guaranteed.
It's fine as long as you don't mind not getting a date anytime soon, Mr. Guy Fawkes.

We'll see. I'm not holding out for anything, but you never know what sort of creepy weirdo I might bump into :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 04:35:03

Metal Monday - Week 33: Savatage - The Hourglass

Happy Clock Day everyone! Here's my Clock Day contribution:

Listening to:

Savatage - The Dungeons Are Calling

At 8/14/11 09:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: And not once have I bothered with the extra for the 3D edition. It's not like I'm missing out on anything special.

And it will bite back later on!

Oh yeah, I wonder how that will work out. I know some people who have a 3D TV now, but they still need to watch with those silly glasses and if you only got one pair of them...

Sony had to cut the prices on the 3DTV's. I guess they're not selling well.

Pretty much.

I've never beaten it or anything and never owned it either. But a friend of mine had it and we used to play it often.

You could try beating it then. :P

Can't remember exactly, but I thought he was fairly possitive about the battle system and the ability learning system. Of course the dress spheres are weird, but leveling them up was alright.

Oh yeah, that's it now. He did say the battle system was interesting and immediately commented on the Sphere Grid.

If I had any...

That's how it goes.

At 8/14/11 02:47 PM, Haggard wrote:
I hope it was good.
Of course!

And I managed to resist crashing the party with Manowar. I hope that saved your day.

At 8/13/11 06:09 AM, Bahamut wrote: Good stuff! Individual Thought Patterns is another Death album to get.
Yes, but I already own that. :P

Oh, nevermind then. What about The Sound of Perseverance?

He should ragequit!
And this stupid blue dragon... oh, wait!

No Haggard, we're talking about those above me. Wait, don't you mean WavyGravy who used to call himself BahamutReborn?

Well, at least we're remembering this adorable dragon.
I can't decide if Grisu is more adorable or the Bubble Bobble dragons.

Just cuddle them all.

At 8/13/11 06:09 AM, Bahamut wrote: Well, he is the boring fuck who watches crappy soap operas.
Well we all have our negative qualities. I'm sure you can look past that.

Nope, not for that boring turd.

Uhh, yeah, you do that. I'll have my shotgun ready.
Nice try. You live in the UK, you guys don't have guns or the Second Amendment there. :P

I'm talking about my own gun.

At 8/15/11 03:16 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/14/11 09:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: Don't forget!
I was so knackered and what not, I did forget. I'll get to it, don't worry.

It'll have to be tomorrow. You're not going to lose focus on Clock Day.

I'll let you know how good it is.

I might let you know as well. :P

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 06:06:21

43,000 B/P points.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 09:31:22

7,000 saves.

Cheers Clock Day :3

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 10:11:09

With the help of the clock day submission I've passed 77,000 BP!

Happy Clock Day everyone! I hope you're all enjoying yourselves. Here are some of my favourite submissions so far:

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 10:12:31

I became a Corporal! Clock day helped boost it up quicker.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 13:04:26

You passed 40000 Total Points. Bodacious!

What a bullshit achiev- errr, I passed 40k total points!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 13:05:43

Hit 1k saves a little while earlier, it's the start of something.

q

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 14:57:44

I can never remember what level I am until it appears next to my posts.

Pm me for a pleasant conversation or for help with anything.

Thanks to JebbaL for the awesome sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 15:30:47

At 8/14/11 02:47 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/13/11 01:05 PM, Auz wrote: Lol! I always imagine Scandinavian languages sounding even more silly to foreigners than Dutch does :p
Swedish seems to be pretty close to german. At least I heard from different sources that learning swedish isn't too hard for a guy who already speaks german.

I suppose. I think German is generally a bit closer to Scandinavian languages than Dutch.

Yeah. I know sometimes the subbing is also shit, but at least I can hear it then and laugh at the terrible job someone did translating it.
But sometimes it's more like *face palm*

True true. Occasionally I see a translation of which I wonder if the translator even understands the language, or the film for that matter.

Furthermore, phrases like "What an asshole!" have lead to plenty of creative and hilarious translations in the subtitles :p
Original: "He's a dirty motherfucker!"
Translation: "He isn't a very nice person."
XD

"Wat een geitenbreier!"

Seen it happen in several cartoons. I believe it was/is kinda hip to change the soundtrack from Japanese cartoons to something more... American if it's ever broadcasted on TV for children. This can sometimes just set an entirely different mood for a scene.
Well, if they replace shitty J-Pop with something else I have nothing against it.

Yes, but not every Japanese cartoon has shitty J-pop with a techno beat as a soundtrack :p And even then, it probably still beats shitty American 80's rock music for this purporse.

Yeah! They taught me how to double jump :D
They also taught me that doors are unbreakable, no matter how big your weapons are!

And eating a magical green mushrooms allows you to jump into lava pits, get crushed, get spiked etc. without dying. You'll just reappear brand new.

As long as it's not romantic comedies I'm open for anything.
How about Mulholland Drive? I cannot imagine watching this while reading subtitles. It's hard enough to follow the movie without reading subs. Let alone understanding the movie (I gave that up a long time ago ^^)

Heh, I actually did watch that one with subtitles and it was fine in my opinion. But I agree, the film is very confusing. Perhaps subtitles actually help a bit as they show you exactly what is important and what isn't (no distracting random mumbling at the background).

Lol!

We call our SBS6 the "camping channel", I suppose it's a similar set-up as your RTL.
"SBS 6 is de familiezender van Nederland met veel amusement, topseries, films, sport en (show) nieuws uit binnen-en buitenland."

"family station", sounds like "shitties station ever broadcasting" to me. ^^

Yeah family station which has a stupid news program that often highlights stuff like ducks getting saved by a group of children and a bunch of old folks complaining about a new sidewalk. Furthermore they got programs like "Camping Life" (which I suppose is where it has gotten its nickname from) and crappy 'Hollands Got Talent' shows.

I guess they're mostly aiming for the older audiences.

Also, you do have your own RTL in Holland, right?

Yep. We have RTL 4, RTL 5 and RTL7. They're alright in my opinion. RTL 4 has some nice programs from time to time.

It looks like they haven't included his horrible pain pace yet.
Amazing how he never even twitches a single muscle in his face while turning around the machete.

And how he laughs it away with "This? This is nothing."

Oh but the artificial laughter is in the original show as well, and plenty of sitcom shows use it so I'm kinda used to it by now (even though I don't like it much either).
I always thought it was real laughter in the original series. After all you can sometimes see the characters standing around doing nothing, while they wait for the laughter to die down.

Naah, I'm pretty sure they use a tape for that too. At least, the laughter pretty much always sounds the same so I doubt it's real. And yes, they usually wait for a second or two and stand still until the artificial laughter dies down. I guess it's supposed to trick you into thinking they're acting in front of an audience.

Do they sometimes also yell "WHOOOOOO" in the German version when Al Bundy or any of the other characters come in?

Anyway, it's one of the main things I dislike about sitcoms. Artificial laughter. In every one of those shows you can really distuingish a pattern of:
-Character A makes remark
-Character B says something witty
-*Artifical laughter for 2 seconds*
-Repeat former steps for 15 minutes

Though I do think Married with Children is an alright show. At least the jokes are sometimes actually funny in my opinion.

Anyway I think Peg needs to sound more whiney, like she does in the original ("but AAAAHAAAAAAAAL") :p
Oh, she does sound pretty whiney from time to time. ^^

Less whiney than in the original. She's constantly whinig there.

Lol, I can imagine. I thought one thing was that he kept talking to them but they couldn't really understand him.
Yeah, it's kinda dumb to get that young soldier (forgot his name, the guy who wants to carry around his typewriter at the beginning of the movie) to translate for them if they all speak german in the first place.

Lol yeah :p

They should've thought of a solution for that. Maybe a horrible German accent?

Heinrich then?
Heinrich is good. After all there where a few Kaisers named Heinrich.

Und Wilhelm?

I thought they were mostly named Wilhelm.

Trust I can not feel, only pain
And my burning mind has gone insane
Ok, I guess that covers it. No need to repeat the first and second verse here. ^^
Also, kinda odd to sing "Violent Revolution" while there are riots in England. Maybe they started rioting because of that song? :/

Yeah it's kinda applicable now to what happens in England.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 15:49:20

B/P Level: Scout
Saves: 200

Blam? Protect!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 16:06:36

At 8/13/11 01:26 PM, Auz wrote: Oh yeah there were a bunch of people who had done next to nothing. At least I have done something, even though it's not much compared to the likes of Bahamut and Tom himself.
We can do what we have time to do. I barely have time for R&R on NG without having to babysit the Reviews and BBS let alone the Icons and Genres.

That's why I'm trying to sit back a little and relax when it comes to modding. I used to watch the forums like a hawk, but that really becomes a sore.

I think they'll look at me like 0.0 whaa...?

I'm not under the impression that employees of (fast food) restaurants know all that much about the food they're selling.
Yeah, I'm sure corporate tells them how to assemble it and doesn't mention about quality or what's really in it. Put lunch meat A on Bread slice B. Add condiment K and place Bread slice A on top.

Yep, that's what I would guess. It's not that they really NEED to know I suppose, but it would be nice if they could tell their customers what they are serving.

Oh come on. What can a couple of bears do?
According to Chronomut, have sex with you. That might be a different kind of bear that what you're thinking of though...

Oh you mean like the gay bears club? :p

At 8/15/11 03:16 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/14/11 01:30 PM, Auz wrote: Shit! I suppose making you fuck off to Mars isn't going to work.
Pfft, I did that shit in 1985!

Fuck! There goes my dream of being the first man on Mars :'(

At 8/15/11 04:35 AM, Bahamut wrote:
And it will bite back later on!

Hopefully! As long as they don't make an effort to improve the technology I'm staying away from those films as much as I can.

It's sad how my cinema is trying to rip off people by selling gold memberships now. "For only 6 euros a month extra you can visit all the 3D films you want without extra charge." (that's on top of the regular membership).
I hope most people will realise that they'll need to visit FIVE 3D films per month to get profit out of this deal, and that there is usually only one worth seeing at most anyway. Heck, there are hardly five 3D films screening right now and it's fucking blockbuster season.

Sony had to cut the prices on the 3DTV's. I guess they're not selling well.

Good. Please let the 3D gimmick die until companies finally come up with decent technology for it.

Pretty much.

I suppose I could look for that. Though I'd be a bit worried that it will be slightly different from the original (the translations and all). I'm a purist when it comes to that.

You could try beating it then. :P

I suppose I could, but I've played plenty of Mario in my younger days. I'd rather go for something else I think.

Oh yeah, that's it now. He did say the battle system was interesting and immediately commented on the Sphere Grid.

Yeah, that it was way better than the Sphere Grid. I don't know, the Sphere Grid actually didn't seem all that bad to me, but I never played FFX so I can't really tell. What appealed to me was that you could set up your characters in any way you like. That freedom is sometimes missing in Final Fantasy games.

That's how it goes.

So... am I right to assume that in real life you sound just like Sean Connery?

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 17:36:10

13,000 total B/P.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 18:50:24

well, with about ~225 saves for the day i think i'll have to call it a night. it's not the same as it used to be but the 10 year anniversary seems to have brought some good shit out

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 20:38:57

90,000 Medal Points! This took like forever, even so, I still got 10K more to go!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-08-15 23:52:25

You passed 59,000 B/P! Congrats!

BBS Signature