00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Gym

126,373 Views | 2,009 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-09 16:43:55

At 9/9/05 03:36 PM, VirginLungs wrote: 6.30 in the morning?! Your determined, i'll give you that. Well first off what you must do to is to have a good breakfast, something light so that you don't get a cramp but also something nurishing and that will give you energy. I recommend a banana and a yogurt and plently of water.

I'll take note of that.

First of all I don't really know your fitness level so its hard for me to answer your question, but i'll do my best. If your cycling HARD for over half an hour your doing well. That would be about 300 calories burnt already. (100 calories per ten minutes cycling)

There was a calculator thing on it and that was the exact number I got.

The more you cycle the more calories you'll burn. But be careful.There is no point burning all these calories and then going for a burger or chips after school with your mates cause then all your hard work will be for nothing, y'know? Eat sensibly.

I've been doing that for ages, the last time I had fast food was about a month ago (and before that about 3 months). But I'd not eaten in like 2 days (I was at a party) and I felt like shit in the morning, met up with my mum at a supermarket and had a Big Mac.

I've rarely have things like Mars Bars or biscuits etc. I just need to start drinking more water (I'm gonna get an empty 2 litre bottle and fill it up over the day, cause I'm always sipping drinks I'll get a lot of water that way) and I need to eat more fruit. I might put a fruit basket in my room. Or would it be better in the fridge?

Check out my 10 tips for fat lose on this page for more good tips.

I did.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-09 16:45:32

At 9/9/05 04:42 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote: Whoever said you have to get slim before you start working on your abs is wrong... If you start working on your abs while getting slimmer you will already have somewhat decent abs by the time you are slim...

I think what Virgin is trying to say, is that, although you'll have them. They'll not be visable.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-09 16:49:17

At 9/9/05 04:45 PM, -Nev- wrote: I think what Virgin is trying to say, is that, although you'll have them. They'll not be visable.

I realize that, but what i'm saying is wouldnt it be nicer when you finally have visable abs that there is already something there instead of spending all this time getting slim and then having to start a whole new excercise in order to get abs?

I'm in pretty good shape for my size (im pretty chubby, not fat, chubby) and well for a while i did things to make my abs stronger and well i can already tell they are decent abs cause it doesnt hurt when they get punched, i can do lots of sit-ups without getting tired, etc... Now when i get slimmer there will actually be abs there...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-09 16:58:38

At 9/9/05 04:49 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote: I realize that, but what i'm saying is wouldnt it be nicer when you finally have visable abs that there is already something there instead of spending all this time getting slim and then having to start a whole new excercise in order to get abs?

I do agree. But I'm sure there'll be a reason with VL's method. From his previous posts he seems to know what he's talking about.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-09 17:00:48

I'm sure there is some reason... But wouldnt having abs make it a little bit easier to do the work out needed to slim down?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-09 18:04:27

At 9/9/05 04:49 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote:
At 9/9/05 04:45 PM, -Nev- wrote: I think what Virgin is trying to say, is that, although you'll have them. They'll not be visable.
I realize that, but what i'm saying is wouldnt it be nicer when you finally have visable abs that there is already something there instead of spending all this time getting slim and then having to start a whole new excercise in order to get abs?

I'm in pretty good shape for my size (im pretty chubby, not fat, chubby) and well for a while i did things to make my abs stronger and well i can already tell they are decent abs cause it doesnt hurt when they get punched, i can do lots of sit-ups without getting tired, etc... Now when i get slimmer there will actually be abs there...

Yes there is no problem with your method. If you see results by all means do it your way. But I do seee some problems with your method though. You want to lose weight right? Well with aerobic excerise comes fat lose (you'll lose your cubbiness) but there is also muscle loss too. Thus your method may take a good deal longer then my method. As you could end up becoming a slim guy with no definition on your body.

If you use my method your guaranteed great results after 4 months. That may seem long to you but even for me to get into decent shape took 6 months. No one said improving your body is quick process except those gobshites on t.v who are full of crap really. I also feel that its easier to get into shape one step at a time.

Workout and diet
excerise
tone your body.

3 steps taken one at a time which will give you the body your want.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-09 18:33:42

I laughed some one said they were going to take up body building to get slim, sorry i pissed my self at that :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-09 18:40:03

At 9/9/05 06:33 PM, Re-Spawn wrote: I laughed some one said they were going to take up body building to get slim, sorry i pissed my self at that :(

lol somenone in this thread said that?

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-09 19:47:36

If any of you want to lose fat, doing aerobic excerise in the morning could be the key for you.

There are alot of good reasons to do cardio in the morning:

1. When you wake up in the morning after an overnight 8-12 hour fast, your body’s stores of glycogen are somewhat depleted. Doing cardio in this state causes your body to mobilize more fat because of the unavailability of glycogen.

2. Eating causes a release of insulin. Insulin interferes with the mobilization of body fat. Less insulin is present in the morning; therefore, more body fat is burned when cardio is done in the morning.

3. There is less carbohydrate (glucose) "floating around" in the bloodstream when you wake up after an overnight fast. With less glucose available, you will burn more fat.

4. If you eat immediately before a workout, you have to burn off what you just ate first before tapping into stored body fat (and insulin is elevated after a meal.)

5. When you do cardio in the morning, your metabolism stays elevated for a period of time after the workout is over. If you do cardio in the evening, you burn calories during the session so you definitely benefit from it, but you fail to take advantage of the "afterburn" effect because your metabolic rate drops dramatically as soon as you go to sleep.

Here are some of the additional benefits of doing cardio early in the morning:

1.It makes you feel great all day by releasing mood-enhancing endorphins.

2. It "energizes" you and "wakes you up."

3. It may help regulate your appetite for the rest of the day.

4. Your body’s circadian rhythm adjusts to your morning routine, making it easier to wake up at the same time every day.

5. You’ll be less likely to "blow off" your workout when it’s out of the way early (like when you’re exhausted after work or when friends ask you to join them at the pub for happy hour).

6. You can always "make time" for exercise by setting your alarm earlier in the morning.

7. It increases your metabolic rate for hours after the session is over.

cheers

VL.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-10 11:58:57

Question about like 1-3 or all that morning stuff... I woke up at 10 its now 12 and i havent eaten anything... Would it do just as good to go lets say biking now as it would if i went biking at 10 when i woke up?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-10 13:11:03

At 9/10/05 11:58 AM, Religiously_Rude wrote: Question about like 1-3 or all that morning stuff... I woke up at 10 its now 12 and i havent eaten anything... Would it do just as good to go lets say biking now as it would if i went biking at 10 when i woke up?

Yup, but try and get some foood into you, a banana or a yogurt. Even something small is better then nothing at all.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-10 20:31:27

Some dude at health class kept asking the teacher if jacking off effects physical performance. The teacher didn't know jack about this, so I'm kinda curious about this question.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-10 23:28:28

I remember on Conan one of his jokes was about Asian scientists saying that jacking off was a good way to lose weight (but you had to do it a lot)... I doubt its true though...

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-11 03:19:51

At 9/10/05 11:28 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote: I remember on Conan one of his jokes was about Asian scientists saying that jacking off was a good way to lose weight (but you had to do it a lot)... I doubt its true though...

hmm that is some kind of wierd.

I'm back from classes. I have not been to the gym since Labor Day but later today i'm going. Anyone got some good tips on eating the rights foods and still eat some junk food like McDonalds?

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-11 05:10:39

At 9/11/05 03:19 AM, GeneralMBison wrote:
At 9/10/05 11:28 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote: I remember on Conan one of his jokes was about Asian scientists saying that jacking off was a good way to lose weight (but you had to do it a lot)... I doubt its true though...
hmm that is some kind of wierd.

I'm back from classes. I have not been to the gym since Labor Day but later today i'm going. Anyone got some good tips on eating the rights foods and still eat some junk food like McDonalds?

I think eating one burger and chips a week don't do you much harm It won't do you much good either but its still possible to loss weight and eat fast food in small amounts. Some fast food at the end of the week could be your "reward" for a hard week excerising, dieting etc

Get a small or medium chips and get a sprite instead of a coke. Also instead of a big Mac get something with less calories and fat, a Chicken Burger for example.

But if you want to lose weight make sure your dieting right. You should be eating lots of fruit,veg, fish etc and doing lots of aerobic excerise.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-11 09:55:12

Apparently (according to FHM) a 10minute wanking session loses you 45calories.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-11 14:02:59

At 9/11/05 09:55 AM, -Nev- wrote:

10 minute wanking session? That much wanking can't be good for you, you'll probably get knob rot or something...

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-11 16:09:42

At 9/11/05 02:02 PM, VirginLungs wrote: 10 minute wanking session? That much wanking can't be good for you, you'll probably get knob rot or something...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Seriously though...

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-11 16:16:40

Wow thats not a lot. You can do more in a treadmill with the time limit to 10 minutes and raise the incline to 10 or 15. Right there you can lose double the calories. Next time I go to the gym I'll try that and see how many calories can lose in 10 minutes.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-11 16:28:23

At 9/11/05 04:16 PM, GeneralMBison wrote: Wow thats not a lot. You can do more in a treadmill with the time limit to 10 minutes and raise the incline to 10 or 15. Right there you can lose double the calories. Next time I go to the gym I'll try that and see how many calories can lose in 10 minutes.

Its not meant to replace aerobic exercise. It was just a guide to things that burn calories that you wouldn't know about. (A bit like VL's 'Be inefficient' tip). Its just things to add to your add with can add to the cals burned.

8 hours sleep burns about 200-300cals and an 45minute sex session in the morning does about 175.

At 9/11/05 04:09 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote: Seriously though...

I'm being very serious.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-11 17:02:25

At 9/11/05 04:16 PM, GeneralMBison wrote:
Wow thats not a lot. You can do more in a treadmill with the time limit to 10 minutes and raise the incline to 10 or 15. Right there you can lose double the calories. Next time I go to the gym I'll try that and see how many calories can lose in 10 minutes.

10 or 15?! sure that would be like trying to walk up a mountain!

When I go to the gym I'm never on the threadmill, bike machine etc.. I find them too boring. The thing is though I play basketball and football so i don't need to do any more aerobic excerise.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-11 20:41:59

At 9/11/05 05:02 PM, VirginLungs wrote:
At 9/11/05 04:16 PM, GeneralMBison wrote:
10 or 15?! sure that would be like trying to walk up a mountain!

It is like trying to walk a mountain or big hill. Sometimes I get tired when I'm in 15 minutes but I lower the incline to 5 or 7.

When I go to the gym I'm never on the threadmill, bike machine etc.. I find them too boring. The thing is though I play basketball and football so i don't need to do any more aerobic excerise.

I only do that for a while but I also play basketball, baseball, and wrestling. So mostly I lift weights and benchpress a lot.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-13 14:03:52

I had two guys complement me on my body today.

I think my school is full of fags. :/

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-13 16:42:03

Just a question... When winter comes, lets say it snows and i dont have access to a treadmill or bike... What should i do to keep fit and lose fat?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-13 21:32:40

At 9/13/05 04:42 PM, BareNakedEmoKid wrote: Just a question... When winter comes, lets say it snows and i dont have access to a treadmill or bike... What should i do to keep fit and lose fat?

Thats a question that I can't answer since I live in Southern California and in winter it never snows but it gets cold.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-14 10:16:10

At 9/13/05 04:42 PM, BareNakedEmoKid wrote: Just a question... When winter comes, lets say it snows and i dont have access to a treadmill or bike... What should i do to keep fit and lose fat?

I'm guessing you don't have a threadmill in your house then?

You should stick to a low calorie diet. Stay away from all junk food - crisps,burgers,chocoloate etc. Eat plently of fruit and veg. Try and do a bit of excerise though. Even a half an hours cycle on your bike a day will be loads. I know it will be cold but put on plently of layers, cycle hard and you'll warm up in no time.

Also think about buying a bench with a barbell and dumbells. Weight training in the winter is a great way to tone up your body.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-15 15:51:28

Hits and myths about muscle.

1.Only big weights build big muscles.

MYTH.

- Heavy weights do play a part in building bigger muscles, they help you literally rip and tear muscle fibre so it grows back stronger. But to keep your muscles guessing and for constant, minimum - pain free muscle growth, you need to work with lighter weights at regular intervals. Working with lighter weights will help deliver essential oxygen, amino acids and hormones to the muscles.

2. Eat low fat gain no fat.

MYTH

- There is a very simple rule to weight loss: If calories going in are greater than calories going out you'll ple on the pounds, whether they come from fat,protein or carbohydrates. You need to burn the calories you take in with aerobic excerise if you want to lose weight.

3.Crunches make for great abs.

MYTH

- Hundreds of crunchs and sit ups do not make a 6-pack. The 6 pack is already there, hoding beneath a layer of lard. get your body fat down to 10%/ 12% MAX for them to show. You should continue your crunches and sit ups then.

And don't waste your time and money with those ab = training gadgets!

4. Long rests make bigger biceps

HIT.

- Down time between sets means muscles recover fully, allowing you to use the maximun amount of force in the next set. Aim to rest 2-3 minutes between each set.

Hope this has helped some of you!

BTW ive gotten several booklets from various colleges around the country in regards to me becoming a fitness teacher, I think that would be a savage job.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-15 16:20:45

At 9/15/05 03:51 PM, VirginLungs wrote: BTW ive gotten several booklets from various colleges around the country in regards to me becoming a fitness teacher, I think that would be a savage job.

I think you should go for it. You've done an incredible job in this club and for that I love you :D.
I think you'd make a great fitness teacher... although you might need to stop the wacky backy :P.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-15 17:24:15

At 9/15/05 04:20 PM, -Nev- wrote:
At 9/15/05 03:51 PM, VirginLungs wrote: BTW ive gotten several booklets from various colleges around the country in regards to me becoming a fitness teacher, I think that would be a savage job.
I think you should go for it. You've done an incredible job in this club and for that I love you :D.
I think you'd make a great fitness teacher... although you might need to stop the wacky backy :P.

CHeers, your probably right with regards to the wacky tobaccy, but in actuality I smoke very little. I haven't taken a toke of a joint for over a week.. Which isn't bad. I don't buy the stuff as much as I used too.. Its mainly at sessions once a week where I'll pump a the joints.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-15 17:44:05

Yeah, i wanna be a staff member.

Here is my workout: Swim 80 laps a day, stretch shoulders and legs, 50 pushups, and some curls.

I'm not superman, but if you wanna be skinny and have some muscle I think it's a good regimen.