00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

10 Anniversary Collab Idea?

82,365 Views | 2,225 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 12:20:22

i dont hav IM and this is to do with the flash its not like its a totally unrelated kwestion.......n e way i think that the menu should be simplistic (because having a link to all the 100 parts isnt practical) so i think that it should just be start and info and myb somin else ... suggestions are welcome

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 12:20:57

At 7/23/05 12:02 PM, O3Dstudios wrote: yo starogre i was wonderingt wat to put on de menu ... start obviosly but what else??

<_> I already started working on the menu with him.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 13:15:14

with who??

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 13:21:33

I thought of joining this, but two collabs is way too much at the same time.
If this won't be over when WATCH is done, i'll try doing something for this also :)

too bad my microphone working no more

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 13:47:13

more from SamBakZa

Great thanks to you Viros.

The explanation is Good and kindly.
I think I almost got it.

I'll go group 5 slot 3.
Anywhere number 3.
SamBakZa's sam means three.(^^)

> in your case saying the number in Korean would be pretty cool
-> It's cool!! I had planed to ask about it. I'll do that.

Thanks for your help!

I love this site! Free Open Forum - It's like editorials on crack. For everyone.

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 13:48:41

Join please! We need more people. It's only 3 more seconds of work :P

Yes, we do want the menu to be good, even though it IS a thank you. The better it is, the more thanks we're showing.

I will assist anyone who is doing the menu.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 14:05:33

This is why I don't want talk of EXTRA IDEAS in this forum...discuss NEW ideas with me in an e-mail or IM because now OTHER people think that they are designing a menu. A menu will be designed but I haven't finished that part yet!!!! Remember that I did start this collaboration and that I do have some sort of say in what goes on here. PLEASE, i'm almost BEGGING you know keep the posts about these simple things:

SPECIFIC RULES OF THE COLLABORATION
PREVIEWS OF WORK
COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS ON WORK
WHERE TO CONTACT ME AND HOW (duskj79@hotmail.com)

I might make the exceptions for a few things but please stick to this guidline!!!!!!
Here's the latest list.....once again if I've missed anyone please let me know in an
e-mail stating the GROUP and NUMBER you have chosen... Thanks.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 14:06:27

At 7/23/05 12:20 PM, O3Dstudios wrote: i dont hav IM

get aim or msn, really need it alot of the times on NG

and this is to do with the flash its not like its a totally unrelated kwestion.......

read cheddars post, its not needed here.

n e way i think that the menu should be simplistic (because having a link to all the 100 parts isnt practical)

no shit, we dont want 100 links to each part on the menu obviously, but we do need some kind of profile thing.

also, dont meen to be rude but the menu is a very important part of the collab, thats one part that could look amazing and cheddar has contol over. plus, it counts for first impressions. so, im sure we want the best artist for the job on this.(remember, cheddar hasnt even said that hes not doing the menu yet, so dont think that the menu will even be used while your making it)

i wonder if the quoting bit will work properly?

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 14:46:57

At 7/23/05 02:05 PM, Cheddar79 wrote: This is why I don't want talk of EXTRA IDEAS in this forum...discuss NEW ideas with me in an e-mail or IM because now OTHER people think that they are designing a menu. A menu will be designed but I haven't finished that part yet!!!! Remember that I did start this collaboration and that I do have some sort of say in what goes on here. PLEASE, i'm almost BEGGING you know keep the posts about these simple things:

Well, he does make a good point. But we (atleast myself anyway) were just working on ideas for it. That's what I thought, anyhow...

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 15:27:47

Ive got a question, are we going to put our names in our peices or will that be done for us?

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 15:34:19

Omg. IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER :P

Just look at cheddar's posts, it contains most of the rules. :)

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 15:34:45

At 7/23/05 03:27 PM, Striker_F2 wrote: Ive got a question, are we going to put our names in our peices or will that be done for us?

We're allowed to put our names in the bottom right corner.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 16:59:38

Bumpy

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 17:02:44

At 7/23/05 04:59 PM, sweet_kat22 wrote: Bumpy

please stop doing that... if youve got something important to say then say it dont just do it for no reason. people dont click this for a reason, if there intrested, they will click it.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 17:54:57

Hi,
Can I join? Is there still spaces left?

Jack (RadioactiveMonkey)

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 17:55:58

At 7/23/05 05:54 PM, RadioactiveMonkey wrote: Hi,
Can I join? Is there still spaces left?

Jack (RadioactiveMonkey)

Yup. there's slots open. Go one page back and look for the big white chart and pick a group and number that's free :)

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 18:01:33

Cool. Can I Be Group 8, Number 5?

Jack (RadioactiveMonkey)

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 18:04:13

At 7/23/05 06:01 PM, RadioactiveMonkey wrote: Cool. Can I Be Group 8, Number 5?

Jack (RadioactiveMonkey)

Sure. If cheddar didn't fill it already that is. Next time he posts the list, check for your name. If its there, you're in!

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 18:06:21

Hey guys this seems like it's going to be a pretty sweet project. I know we're supposed to stick to Cheddar's guidelines, but I think that this could really help everyone understand how their hard work pays off.

May I suggest using a traffic monitoring tool like MochiBot (http://www.mochibot.com ) to see how popular the final collab or even each individual contribution is? We would love to showcase work like this on our site to inspire other Flash developers and animators.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 18:24:14

Yeh i think i fived up my part...

http://img337.images..age=untitled11im.swf

here it is...i even listened to your comments...please comment

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 18:29:49

At 7/23/05 06:24 PM, LAG_Productions1 wrote: Yeh i think i fived up my part...

Yay! the 7 isn't backwards now :D Good job!

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 18:30:46

At 7/23/05 06:29 PM, Ultimate_TH wrote:

Yay! the 7 isn't backwards now :D Good job!

THNX^_^

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 19:04:30

May I have group 5, part 4? If you need any animation examples, contact me.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 19:39:00

Srry, for not posting in a while, just letting you know I'm still in, I'm gonna start right now

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 20:44:51

At 7/23/05 06:06 PM, JamesonH wrote: Hey guys this seems like it's going to be a pretty sweet project. I know we're supposed to stick to Cheddar's guidelines, but I think that this could really help everyone understand how their hard work pays off.

May I suggest using a traffic monitoring tool like MochiBot (http://www.mochibot.com ) to see how popular the final collab or even each individual contribution is? We would love to showcase work like this on our site to inspire other Flash developers and animators.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

well i hope you didnt just post all that just to advertise out your site. im gunna check your site out anywho, and if its good(im not in control, cheddar is, but i'll hav a look to)ill pass a message on to cheddar if he hasnt already seen it.

also, put Glaiel_gamer in 4, 4 please cheddar.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 20:50:00

Likin' it LAG_Productions1 just put your username in the BOTTOM RIGHT hand corner :)

More and more artists signing on guys...looking good everyday...just hope i hear from some of the guys that signed on at the start. Thanks to those that have reminded me that you haven't fallen off the planet and that you are starting yours! :)

K here's an updated list for those that want a look-see!!!
If I've missed anyone PLEASE PLEASE e-mail me, I haven't missed you out on purpose I've just got so many artists on board now!!

LOL Group 9 seems to be the only one suffering from lack of artists at the moment...lets FILL IT!!! duskj79@hotmail.com

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 20:53:34

grr good fer nothing non edit button always making me double post .....

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 21:02:55

POST WHORE!

Jk....

Group 7 (my group) lol...it's so stacked hehehe.

Ya, LAG Productions, fix the name, and also try shading your guys. Maybe make the shadows be standing up (they're supposed to be against a wall with shadows). Also make them gray, not black. No shadows are black :P

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 21:20:03

The only thing I don't get is the splatter in the end. First there's the shadow as if there wasn't a wall, and then there's the splatter as if there was. It's an easy but very important thing to fix, IMO.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-23 21:40:32

At 7/23/05 09:20 PM, Bit_Master wrote:
The only thing I don't get is the splatter in the end. First there's the shadow as if there wasn't a wall, and then there's the splatter as if there was. It's an easy but very important thing to fix, IMO.

Yeh...now that you mention it...I see it...k thnx