00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sneaksby1997 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

10 Anniversary Collab Idea?

82,546 Views | 2,225 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 13:14:28

sorry double post

I'm not sure, but i don't think anyone commented on my submission, can someone please tell me what they think about it? thanks!! Also, remember, I'm available for voices!!

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 13:31:12

At 7/24/05 12:20 PM, Bit_Master wrote:
At 7/24/05 12:03 PM, Mogly wrote: wont play for me for sum reason. can you put it up on image shack please?
http://img149.images..iverseryentry8ls.swf

Done. Use THIS LINK everybody! It's the least lagging edition.

Ya that's OK. Just make sure u change back to high quality after urs is over.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 13:33:24

I'll be any line if theres any open just e-mail me the lines at crazedgoblin6@gmail.com

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 13:55:16

Right guys here's the latest list, I can't just have you saying any number E-MAIL ME or IM me on MSN messenger at duskj79@hotmail.com if you want to find out more!!! I can't run around e-mailing each person that wants me to let them know what number they can be...You gotta e-mail me!! I've got lots of people talking to me at the same time so its kinda hard for me to take the time out just to e-mail someone...its easier if you do it....Thanks...

here's the list again...tell me if I've missed anyone out...

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 13:59:40

I've finished my bit for group 10 number 2, it isn't that spectacularily animated but I think it looks quite good and is shaded pretty well. It's only 2.5 seconds long but that should be long enough.
http://www.rbest.co...group10_number2.html

I want it to be OK'd here before I send the .fla off to cheese.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 14:01:30

hehe, that's cheddar, not cheese :P

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 14:02:32

At 7/24/05 11:10 AM, Mogly wrote: i like it, i like the way its simple but do you think something else should be added, because its pretty plain, but i quite like that. its defiently one of the better ones that have come through.

Thank you. I was thinking of adding something more, but I'm still undecided. With only a few seconds to fill I don't know if I want to have more stuff to distract the viewers attention, and it's already 4 seconds which, I believe is on the longer side of the established submissions.

At 7/24/05 01:14 PM, llammalrdsofsci wrote: sorry double post

I'm not sure, but i don't think anyone commented on my submission, can someone please tell me what they think about it? thanks!! Also, remember, I'm available for voices!!

I think someone commented on yours:
http://img330.images..versarycollab2vg.swf

But I will too; great art and nice animation. I do believe (like the other person said) that the machine gun needs some kick to it, right now it doesn't seem like a heavy weapon. I suppose Master Chief could use some shading and while the muzzle flair (don't know if I'm using the proper ling soo bear with me) is going off it could cast some light on his armor.

It is looking very nice so far. :)

---------------
I have a question for Cheddar: are you going to be putting something in the background of our pieces or will it remain solid white?
The reason that I'm asking is that the shadow in my part is a tint, not an alpha, due to multiple symbols and layers, which look poor in alpha when they are overlapping.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 14:04:35

Thats really good. Before you send it, put your name in the bottom left corner.
One more thing, the leader is Chedder. I'M Cheese. Just to let you know ^_^

http://img342.images..?image=collab6lb.swf

Feedback please!!!!t6

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 14:19:02

At 7/24/05 02:04 PM, mlikecheese wrote: Thats really good. Before you send it, put your name in the bottom left corner.

Feedback please!!!!t6

K, well I think it would look nice if you fbf'd his jaw, so it moved, like in mine, also, fix that peice of hair that moves half way through :P it sorta irritated me :D. Also, you could add some shading :)

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 14:42:06

Gimpchimp-make yours more detailed. It's just an orc thing saying the number. Make stuff happen, make it exciting.

Milkecheese-You have to add alot to yours. There's little to no animation, counting tweening. Add something to make you stand out. And no one has one frame of mouth movement to say "Six.".

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 14:59:59

I don't really think our animations NEED to be exciting or with heavy amounts of animation if the authors don't want to. I think this collaboration is more about blending different styles and abilities together to celebrate 10 years of NG!

I'd rather just keep mine as it is, perhaps as a contrast to the more exciting flashes in this collab and just as the way I want to celebrate Newgrounds.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 15:40:13

At 7/24/05 02:04 PM, mlikecheese wrote: Thats really good. Before you send it, put your name in the bottom left corner.

Feedback please!!!!t6

I don't wish to sound harsh, but it really doesn't look like you spent more than a couple of minutes on it. The fills aren't even complete...

I understand that you are new to this, so why not look at some of the Newgrounds Flash Help tutorials.

You might want to also check out the Flash Tutorial on shading by sneakers and the tutorials on lip sync and frame by frame at Super Flash Bros. Tutorials, those are pretty good...

Good luck and keep trying. :)

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 15:40:15

Ok, that's perfectly fine with me! Just suggesting how you can stand out a bit more to the public. Yes, it is for thanks, but like i said before, the more u put in, the more thanks it shows. :D

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 17:37:29

At 7/24/05 03:40 PM, Starogre wrote: Ok, that's perfectly fine with me! Just suggesting how you can stand out a bit more to the public. Yes, it is for thanks, but like i said before, the more u put in, the more thanks it shows. :D

i secound that

i no this is for ng, not for the score, but still you want it to be liked dont you.

also, ive waited 3 days already, now hopefully my mouse will arrive tomorrow, (god damn, whyd god hav to rest on sunday, could hav had it by now!)

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 17:41:05

Who did you throw out so I can be part of it?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 17:45:33

At 7/24/05 05:37 PM, Mogly wrote:
At 7/24/05 03:40 PM, Starogre wrote: Ok, that's perfectly fine with me! Just suggesting how you can stand out a bit more to the public. Yes, it is for thanks, but like i said before, the more u put in, the more thanks it shows. :D
i secound that

i no this is for ng, not for the score, but still you want it to be liked dont you.

also, ive waited 3 days already, now hopefully my mouse will arrive tomorrow, (god damn, whyd god hav to rest on sunday, could hav had it by now!)

Because then there would be one more day of school!

Anyway, im almost done, i got some lovley fire animated today, and ill be doing the shadow tomorrow, the actual character himself is really simple.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 18:01:19

can I have group 6 part 5?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 18:27:33

I'll join.

#include <stdio.h>

char*p="#include <stdio.h>%cchar*p=%c%s%c;%cmain() {printf(p,10,34,p,34,10);}";

main() {printf(p,10,34,p,34,10);}

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 18:38:50

I'll be number 9 in group 6.

#include <stdio.h>

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 18:56:36

Okay I'm finished with mine. It's a number 2. Just stick me in with any open group. I'll email or IM it to you as soon as I can.

Here it is.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 19:06:14

That's good, you need a shadow too, right?

Here's mine, I added camera effects. I THINK this is FINALLY my FINAL version of mine. Before I send to Cheddar, what else should I do?

http://img155.images..versarycollab3kj.swf

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 19:16:46

At 7/24/05 02:59 PM, gimpchimp wrote: I don't really think our animations NEED to be exciting or with heavy amounts of animation if the authors don't want to. I think this collaboration is more about blending different styles and abilities together to celebrate 10 years of NG!

I'd rather just keep mine as it is, perhaps as a contrast to the more exciting flashes in this collab and just as the way I want to celebrate Newgrounds.

I agree. this isn't about who is better at flash than who. it's about expression.

I could have aded alot more to mine, and completely destroyed the effect i was going for, so make what you feel is an expression of your artistic style, be it fbf, tweening, simple or complex. this is not a contest, it's a collaboration. We aren't cutting the "10 worst" or anything from the project.

oh, SamBakZa is working on their portion, i will forward it to cheddar/post it/have them post it/whatever when they are done.

I love this site! Free Open Forum - It's like editorials on crack. For everyone.

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 19:19:02

At 7/24/05 06:56 PM, Greedom wrote: Okay I'm finished with mine. It's a number 2. Just stick me in with any open group. I'll email or IM it to you as soon as I can.

Here it is.

well, you need a voice! And you are lucky, cause i made you one (if you want it)
A lower version
www.freewebs.com/llammalrds/twp.wav
a middle version
www.freewebs.com/llammalrds/twp3.wav
and a higher version
www.freewebs.com/llammalrds/twp2.wav
use whichever, or use your own, or ask me if you want a different one!

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 19:24:39

At 7/24/05 06:56 PM, Greedom wrote: Okay I'm finished with mine. It's a number 2. Just stick me in with any open group. I'll email or IM it to you as soon as I can.

Here it is.

Daaaaaamn! Yet another awesome animation, Greedom, good job.
I do think (as Starogre said) Cheddar wants a shadow behind everything.

At 7/24/05 07:06 PM, Starogre wrote: Here's mine, I added camera effects. I THINK this is FINALLY my FINAL version of mine. Before I send to Cheddar, what else should I do?

That's nice... maybe I really should use the camera too....

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 19:41:34

At 7/24/05 07:24 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:

Here it is.
Daaaaaamn! Yet another awesome animation, Greedom, good job.
I do think (as Starogre said) Cheddar wants a shadow behind everything.

Thanks BMK and Stargore, you guys animations are friggin' sweet, alot better than mine. <$

Yeah, you guys are right, I just realized that I need to add a shadow, Cheddar79 also wanted me to add sound of him saying "two", so looks like I'm not quite done yet.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 19:47:55

ctualy I can't really join. :$

#include <stdio.h>

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 19:51:23

They're all coming along fine guys...if you want me to comment on yours personally I'd prefer it to be on MSN or through e-mail. Unfortunately I don't have time to answer every reply on here so I'd prefer it if it was done that way just for me. Everyone else can review or comment on other artists work here :)

Yet another list and yet more people join!!! Woo hoo keep em coming. And guys before you join please read up about this collab and what its all about. E-mail me and I'll send you everything you need to know but you MUST read it. Otherwise you may miss something. Thanks duskj79@hotmail.com

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 21:02:39

I added a shadow. It took some time with the really layered movement, but nobody really cares as long as its done.

http://img303.images..iverseryentry1ob.swf

Any comments?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 21:16:03

At 7/24/05 09:12 PM, BrandonPClark wrote: Why do the arms pause like that? Is it not just a looping symbol?

I don't know. I've tried everything to make it smoother, but I couldn't do anything. I'll try it without streaming the sounds, but I doubt the results will be good.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-24 21:21:33

Okay, I added a shadow and sound. I'll email it soon.

Here it is...