00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jestyx3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

779,246 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-05-31 20:29:39

At 5/31/08 08:26 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: No, not really.

I was gonna redo them, but I got tired.

I was gonna put "I used to have links here. I don't know what happened to them. Oh well."

And that's when youngblood popped into my skull.

Well too bad, cause youngblood hasn't been in NG for like 3+ days! I'm wondering what happened to him! I texted him a message and he won't reply!

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

-----Thanks to Zero2562130 for my sig and profile pic re-do----

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-05-31 20:31:33

At 5/31/08 08:29 PM, LeeJaySan wrote: Well too bad, cause youngblood hasn't been in NG for like 3+ days! I'm wondering what happened to him! I texted him a message and he won't reply!

Probably watching some por-

He's probably sick.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-05-31 20:36:39

At 5/31/08 08:31 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote:
Probably watching some por-

He's probably sick.

Or probably on vacation!

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-05-31 23:22:23

Waterwollies is such a gay ass flash....that guy shouldn't have won.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 04:12:26

At 5/31/08 11:22 PM, smc316 wrote: Waterwollies is such a gay ass flash....that guy shouldn't have won.

Pff, i´d like to see you make better >:(

In my opinion, it was one of the best, along side Metropolis Circuit. If we could have voted for the final winner my vote would have been between those 2 just because they had the best animation/detail.

I never really had a thing for NG rumble though, but i can see the amount of time and effort put into it, so i sort of understand it winning.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 07:35:57

At 5/31/08 11:22 PM, smc316 wrote: Waterwollies is such a gay ass flash....that guy shouldn't have won.

I could agree on you there, but there was just one tinsy winsy detail! It had the highest rate in NG history today! A High Score of 4.79! Many hardly believed!

I prefer Newgrounds Rumble!

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 07:56:41

Some people are just pissed that the obvious choice won. I guarantee you that nobody who's been bitching about the winners could ever make something even half as good.

Also, being a bitter teenager isn't as cool as you think it is.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 08:23:32

Impossible Quiz should've won, fuck NG Rumble.

And Metropolis Circuit should've won too but I don't mind too much about that.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 08:26:25

At 6/1/08 08:23 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Impossible Quiz should've won, fuck NG Rumble.

And Metropolis Circuit should've won too but I don't mind too much about that.

Same here, I think both of those should have won.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 09:30:52

At 5/31/08 12:00 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 5/31/08 11:13 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's too hot right now. :(
It cooled off a bit just now, so I took the dog for a walk. Good dog walking weather.

Well, now wouldn't be good god walking weather since it's raining. I actually don't mind the rain during the warmer months since it cools things down.

At 5/31/08 08:31 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Probably watching some por-

He's probably sick.

I see we're at this again. He must be watching por-

Maybe his computer's broken?

No appreciation for the effort put into that flash?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 10:41:14

At 6/1/08 07:56 AM, NEVR wrote: Some people are just pissed that the obvious choice won. I guarantee you that nobody who's been bitching about the winners could ever make something even half as good.

That´s for sure. People don´t realize the amount to work put into these flashes >:( Plus alot of the stupid teenagers on the site think it´s cool to hate good flash.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 10:42:38

At 6/1/08 07:56 AM, NEVR wrote: Also, being a bitter teenager isn't as cool as you think it is.

I never said it was.

At 6/1/08 04:12 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Pff, i´d like to see you make better >:(

Animation wise and graphics wise no, but at least i'd find some way to make my bloody flash funny or entertaining.

As long as graphics are some what good, who cares about them? It can have the best graphics and best animation ever and still not be interesting in the slightest, this is also how it is in video games which explains one of the reasons I hate Play station fanboys so much.

Yeah I admit he has good skill, but if he doesn't know how to make his flash fun or involving to watch then he shouldn't deserve the reward.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 10:58:40

I have this insatiable urge to make a flash, but similarly, this naggling doubt in my head that stems from it being time consuming and I'd have to re-learn flash and such.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 11:03:42

At 6/1/08 10:42 AM, smc316 wrote: Animation wise and graphics wise no, but at least i'd find some way to make my bloody flash funny or entertaining.

I, along with hundreds of other people do find the Brackenwood series entertaining.

As long as graphics are some what good, who cares about them? It can have the best graphics and best animation ever and still not be interesting in the slightest, this is also how it is in video games which explains one of the reasons I hate Play station fanboys so much.

Sure, graphics aren´t everything, but alot of people are entertained by Adam Philips flash. And it´s not supposed to be comic, it´s a more fantasy/fable theme.

Yeah I admit he has good skill, but if he doesn't know how to make his flash fun or involving to watch then he shouldn't deserve the reward.

Again, that´s your personal opinion. Which do you think should have won the prize?

At 6/1/08 10:58 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I have this insatiable urge to make a flash, but similarly, this naggling doubt in my head that stems from it being time consuming and I'd have to re-learn flash and such.

I get the same thing. I´m always thinking of good ideas for flash shorts, and i even think if i can pull it off, but when i start i realize it´s gonna take time and i just end up quitting when i´m 50 frames through :(

I will finish one soon though i hope. I just started one that could turn out well if i put some effort into it.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 12:54:26

At 6/1/08 10:41 AM, Life-Stream wrote: That´s for sure. People don´t realize the amount to work put into these flashes >:( Plus alot of the stupid teenagers on the site think it´s cool to hate good flash.

Yeah, I think that's the main thing. The "I'm so cool because I'm going AGAINST THE GRAIN" attitude. Gets old so fast.

At 6/1/08 10:42 AM, smc316 wrote:
At 6/1/08 07:56 AM, NEVR wrote: Also, being a bitter teenager isn't as cool as you think it is.
I never said it was.

Actions speak louder than words.

Meh, seems that the people who's opinions matter think you're wrong. I find some of the Brackenwood series pretty fun to watch, but even if I didn't, I'd still appreciate it for the sheer skill that went into making it. People's tastes differ.

At 6/1/08 10:58 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I have this insatiable urge to make a flash, but similarly, this naggling doubt in my head that stems from it being time consuming and I'd have to re-learn flash and such.

BlueHippo was telling me to get flash a few weeks ago. I'd love to start learning, but right now is the worst time, what with university starting in September. Hope I can learn to use it one day.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 12:57:48

At 6/1/08 12:54 PM, NEVR wrote: BlueHippo was telling me to get flash a few weeks ago. I'd love to start learning, but right now is the worst time, what with university starting in September. Hope I can learn to use it one day.

You can make decent flashes without having to learn too much. When you want to add fancy effects or make a game with actionscript and stuff, that´s where it gets complicated.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 13:23:31

You can learn more than enough to make a competent flash in three months.

I have a great idea for a flash animation, that wouldn't even be too hard, but I just can't be arsed to install the damned software. I just feel so... lethargic whenever I look at it.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 13:26:47

At 6/1/08 01:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: You can learn more than enough to make a competent flash in three months.

Or even less. Once you read a few tutorials, even the one that comes with flash, you can make a simple short within a week or two if you got half a brain.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 14:26:27

At 6/1/08 11:03 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I, along with hundreds of other people do find the Brackenwood series entertaining.

On a site with a million+ users and thousands of people who never signed up, something that appeals to only hundreds of people isn't fit to be number 1.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 14:45:05

At 6/1/08 02:26 PM, smc316 wrote:
At 6/1/08 11:03 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I, along with hundreds of other people do find the Brackenwood series entertaining.
On a site with a million+ users and thousands of people who never signed up, something that appeals to only hundreds of people isn't fit to be number 1.

Don't be an idiot. He picked the 'hundreds' figure out of thin air. If it was only a few hundred people who enjoyed it, you honestly think it would have gotten the score it did? If the majority of NG hated it, it would have been downvoted fairly quickly.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 14:58:56

At 6/1/08 02:45 PM, NEVR wrote: Don't be an idiot. He picked the 'hundreds' figure out of thin air.

Exactly.

You love to disagree with everyone, eh smc?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 15:01:17

At 6/1/08 02:58 PM, Life-Stream wrote: You love to disagree with everyone, eh smc?

Yes, i'm a huge rebel.

I was just being pissy in my last post, I wasn't being serial.

You guys need to take a easy every now and then and stop being all tense.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 15:25:00

At 6/1/08 03:01 PM, smc316 wrote: You guys need to take a easy every now and then and stop being all tense.

We were taking it easy before you decided to show up and start parading your teenage angst all over the place.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 15:27:39

At 6/1/08 03:01 PM, smc316 wrote: Yes, i'm a huge rebel.
I was just being pissy in my last post, I wasn't being serial.

It´s hard to tell when someone is being serious on the BBS.

You guys need to take a easy every now and then and stop being all tense.

We´re not tense....just sticking up for ol´ waterlollies.

Ok, subject change-----------i´m all for people having a great time at concerts or gigs and what not, but some people just take it too far.....and make a fool of themselves...

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 15:31:54

I do appreciate the work that went into waterlollies but it doesn't have much more than good visuals. Not much else.

No stairway- DENIED

Operation Clambake: Information will make you free

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 15:38:43

At 6/1/08 03:27 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Ok, subject change-----------i´m all for people having a great time at concerts or gigs and what not, but some people just take it too far.....and make a fool of themselves...

One of my friends went to see Oasis, and there were a few middle aged guys there who were drunk as hell, and basically just decided to take a piss right where they were standing, instead of venturing to the urinals...

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 16:24:50

At 6/1/08 03:38 PM, NEVR wrote: One of my friends went to see Oasis, and there were a few middle aged guys there who were drunk as hell, and basically just decided to take a piss right where they were standing, instead of venturing to the urinals...

Some people don´t know when to stop drinking -_-

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 17:46:35

I saw this 15 year old throw up and run off to the toilets before the band came on. I asked his friends, he'd had 2 beers, lmao. Anyway, I skirted round the edge of the puddle and hey presto, got to the barrier with minimal effort.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 20:03:11

At 6/1/08 04:24 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Some people don´t know when to stop drinking -_-

Some people don't know when to stop trying to be young. ^_^

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-06-01 21:17:22

At 6/1/08 04:24 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Some people don´t know when to stop drinking -_-

Hahaha! Which brings up a story. Yesterday night, I was just chilling with my friends outside and all of a sudden, this couple comes walking up our sidewalk. I saw the girl and she was WASTED! She looks 17, 18. She had to be drunk like a mother fucker. Her hand was grabbed by the partner so that she won't fall on the sidewalk face first. xD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature