00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

663,175 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-26 23:15:52

ignore the last line, damn NG for not having an edit button, even moreso damn myself for being to lazy to read my own posts

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-27 01:27:41

yay! i'll try that method out! :D

thankies! :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-27 09:20:07

Is there no-one out there that can help me with SuperWave? Seriously, I need help.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-27 15:49:38

At 5/26/08 11:14 PM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote: Nav will probably come in with a better explanation (and most likely flame me, so here is a pre-emptive "fuck you asshole" if you do :P), but in the meantime

Well, the method you described is a clear-cut method to a basic reese. Remember that the filter can be an exotic type, like a notch filter or allpass filter, for cooler effects.

The real advice here, which was given to me in the words of professionals (lol geier) was: Experiment! Experiment, experiment, experiment! Do unique things! I made a reese out of a fast roll of kickdrums once! Another time, I don't even know what I did... I think I made a basic reese, then tried different VSTs running through the effects chain, and got different results.

However, if you want to do the basic reese, then you are missing a step or two.

1. Selected three saw shapes (the rounded ones or regular ones)
2. Make sure the coarse knob is all the way to the left on all 3
3. For two of the oscillators, make sure the fine pitch is turned to the left, and one to the right (but dont turn it all the way)
4. Add distortion
5. Add a chorus or flanger effect
6. From here, you can make an extended note on the piano roll, export it and then slice it up want
7. Choose a filter for it, and then AUTOMATE THE FUCK OUT OF IT!!! (the cutoff frequency)

8. Export your long note.
9. Choose a part that sounds cool, and slice it out.
10. Find a loop point, and add it.
11. Save to a .wav somewhere.
12. Load into a sampler, and add envelopes so you can control the pitch.
13. Pitchbend the FUCK out of that sample.
14. Process so it sounds sick as hell.
15. Add the rest of the track.
Done.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-28 05:42:42

okay...im learning FL studios8 for weeks and glad i've made some music.
but im not satisfied,i want to have some vocals in it.
So how can i add some vocals?
oh btw, i only have the demo version.
thanks so much if someone replied.

Latest Music Upload: ll The Face Of Consequence ll Are you Asian? Asian Users Club is for YOU! ll Pinoy ka ba? Pinoy Club ang para sa'yo. ll

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-28 06:36:36

At 5/28/08 05:42 AM, Babyblue91 wrote: okay...im learning FL studios8 for weeks and glad i've made some music.
but im not satisfied,i want to have some vocals in it.
So how can i add some vocals?
oh btw, i only have the demo version.
thanks so much if someone replied.

Record them to an mp3 then open up an audio clip and open the mp3 of your vocals in it..

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-28 11:11:49

How do I make the organs sound like the ones used in Nelo Angelo's fight theme from Devil May Cry?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-28 11:20:28

At 5/28/08 11:11 AM, Eternity-X22504 wrote: How do I make the organs sound like the ones used in Nelo Angelo's fight theme from Devil May Cry?

Link to where I can hear them.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-28 15:01:23

At 5/27/08 07:28 PM, Chronamut wrote: What the FUCK kind of fruit is the fruit they use in the fruity loops logo? I've been trying to puzzle it out for years..

I dunno if it's even a fruit o.O

Its some sort of pepper, though. I've seen a similar one on a textbook at my school. No idea what the hell it is.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-28 16:31:53

At 5/28/08 11:20 AM, xKore wrote:
At 5/28/08 11:11 AM, Eternity-X22504 wrote: How do I make the organs sound like the ones used in Nelo Angelo's fight theme from Devil May Cry?

http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/530/16

You'll need to click the 'click here' link on the page to hear it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-28 16:37:59

At 5/28/08 03:01 PM, Nav wrote:
At 5/27/08 07:28 PM, Chronamut wrote: What the FUCK kind of fruit is the fruit they use in the fruity loops logo? I've been trying to puzzle it out for years..
I dunno if it's even a fruit o.O

Its some sort of pepper, though. I've seen a similar one on a textbook at my school. No idea what the hell it is.

Ya it looks like a pepper. Not ripe, but on its way kinda pepper. Mmm, I'm hungry.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-28 16:46:32

At 5/28/08 04:31 PM, Eternity-X22504 wrote:
At 5/28/08 11:20 AM, xKore wrote:
http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/530/16

You'll need to click the 'click here' link on the page to hear it.

They sound like regular church organs to me, just with many layers of choirs, guitars and pads ontop,

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-29 18:42:06

Its an orange seedless strawberry, DUH!

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-30 15:02:34

I need a tutorial for FruityLoops7 effects. I know all the basics, but NOTHING about effects.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-30 15:10:36

I need a website with some more techno sounds I can use. For free.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-05-30 15:17:44

At 5/30/08 03:10 PM, DJ-NiMz wrote: I need a website with some more techno sounds I can use. For free.

bbp has lots of samples for most genres.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-06 20:48:39

At 6/6/08 08:10 PM, Crossofdevil wrote: I saved a file and the midis stop playing how do i get hte sound back on them?

MIDI is only information of the individual notes, not the actual sounds. So when you saved it as a MIDI you have essentially lost all data to do with synthesizing actual sounds. The only thing you can do is replace the instruments with new synths and recreate it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-06 22:11:40

heres a question...i have a midi file im remixing but i want to turn the tempo up from 125 to 160, when i do this and hit play it plays at 160 but then when i hit stop it goes back to 125. how do i fix it so it stays at 160?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-06 22:19:58

At 6/6/08 10:11 PM, ganon95 wrote: heres a question...i have a midi file im remixing but i want to turn the tempo up from 125 to 160, when i do this and hit play it plays at 160 but then when i hit stop it goes back to 125. how do i fix it so it stays at 160?

Look on the browser to the left side. Go to "Current Project", then to "Automation" and then the option that ISN'T "Main automation." You should see a bunch of bars there, with little steps or knobs next to them. One should say "Tempo (Coarse)." Right click that one, and select "Edit Events." A window should pop up. Go to the options menu in the upper left of that window, go to "Edit" then click "Delete all." Done.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-07 11:15:57

Can anyone link me to something so that I can learn to make my own pads, basses, strings, etc. Using Sytrus and 3xOSC. I'm already pretty alright, I just need a few pointers.

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-07 13:29:35

At 6/7/08 01:25 PM, Crossofdevil wrote: How do i Fix crackling sounds if my song starts to get to high? Like what can i do?

I haven't got FL Studio on my computer atm so here is roughly what to do:

In FL go to Options > Audio Settings and if your computer supports ASIO drivers set it to the ASIO driver, if not slide the buffer size slider to make the buffer bigger. This enables to stop that crackling sound but gives you more delay and lag in return.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-07 13:58:38

At 6/7/08 01:25 PM, Crossofdevil wrote: How do i Fix crackling sounds if my song starts to get to high? Like what can i do?

Your synths may also be too loud or you have too many things stacked... Export it, does it still crackle? If not then its strictly FL.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-07 23:59:46

At 6/7/08 06:46 PM, wiidude wrote: Yeah, uhh is there any way i can put things in the Riffs folder (for example, Aq the 80's again) into my timeline or whatever?

Well, I'm not 100% sure how to use those properly, but I'll tell you (the probably wrong way) how to do it.

When you have the folder open, you can drag the name of the sample and drop it wherever you want it in the timeline, just make sure it's in the automation clip half, and not the pattern half. But because they are some kind of SimSynth file, you should be able to get those sounds into SimSynth. To add SimSynth, you can go to "Channels > Add one > SimSynth", or you can drag and drop a preset from the browser on the very left of the screen to where all the other instruments are.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-08 09:01:14

Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys knew how to change the tempo of a song in the MIDDLE of a pattern? I want the pattern to increase in tempo in the middle of it playing. Anyone know how to do this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-08 10:28:59

At 6/8/08 09:01 AM, KumoKan wrote: Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys knew how to change the tempo of a song in the MIDDLE of a pattern? I want the pattern to increase in tempo in the middle of it playing. Anyone know how to do this?

Yeah, use automation clips or right click the tempo and go on 'Edit Events' and you can draw in how you want the tempo to change over the timeline. Using the edit events method is easier.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-09 16:25:22

At 6/8/08 09:01 AM, KumoKan wrote: Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys knew how to change the tempo of a song in the MIDDLE of a pattern? I want the pattern to increase in tempo in the middle of it playing. Anyone know how to do this?

Make sure you dont have too much going on during the tempo automation, it could make things sound weird o.O

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-12 12:51:13

I just started using the new fruity loops, and I can't remember how to stop a generator or synthesizer from playing after it's pattern is done in the song. For example, when I write a pattern with a synthesizer line in it, the synth will keep playing one long annoying note throughout the rest of the song until I manually stop it. Once I convert it to mp3, the synth ends up ruining the whole song.
Any suggestions?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-12 13:58:35

Open the synths properties, and go to the misc tab and there will be 2 boxes that each say "cut" and "cut by" right now there should be -- in it... Change it to 1.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-12 18:08:07

At 4/9/05 01:18 AM, Crazy-Train wrote: Ok i am using the free version I made a few decent loops and i want to post it. they are saved as the default .flp( i think not to sure) how do i go about changing them to .mp3 so i can post it on ng? thank you

what is the fre version???????

i can voice act =3

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-15 12:46:42

well, i'm pretty nub so I would like to know 2 things:

1: How can I let my music fade out/in?

2: What is sidechaining and how can I use it?

Two easy questions I think, but still I can't answer them :P
I would really like a proper explanation of that.