00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

asieks084 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

661,915 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-10 11:51:30

At 7/10/08 11:24 AM, BloodSucker150 wrote: how can i record stuffs there?
in FL 8...

Im not experianced with it but my guess is to hook up your mic, open up edison in an effects channel and click the record button. It should be on 'record on input' by default and will only start recording once sound is coming in.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-10 13:40:16

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 40554

Does anybody know the name of the main lead in this song? I use FL7 and I know the user has FL studio.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-10 18:53:59

At 7/10/08 01:40 PM, TheBellmaker wrote: I use FL7 and I know the user has FL studio.

That doesn't mean that the lead comes with FL7. That user could have used many different plug-ins, both standard and custom.
My guess is that the lead is 3x Osc.
The best thing to do is ask the author of that song to tell you what they use.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-11 13:33:27

At 7/10/08 01:40 PM, TheBellmaker wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 40554

Does anybody know the name of the main lead in this song? I use FL7 and I know the user has FL studio.

It sounds like a preset from Z3ta+.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-11 15:46:36

At 7/11/08 01:33 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: It sounds like a preset from Z3ta+.

Correct! I believe it's called "Commercial Trance" under section... 5 in the synth? It's been a while, but that sound is annoying and unmistakable.

</opinion>

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-16 21:40:12

Is there any way I can combine two different fruityloop files into one song?

Also, can I change the time signature in the middle of an FL song?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-17 22:13:34

Hey, I was wondering how to use a frag envelope, or how to find one even. My friend sent me a .flp of a song of his and he used frag envelopes quite often, could anyone briefly explain where to find or how to use one?

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-17 22:24:35

At 7/16/08 09:40 PM, riemannSum wrote: Is there any way I can combine two different fruityloop files into one song?

Well you could save one as an mp3 and load it at the bottom of the playlist window of the other file. I would give you a screen shot but im not at home. If you can not figure it out let us know and I will post one later.

If you are talking about the tempo then no. Tho you could just space your notes farther apart on the pattern window. Increase the pattern size with the little gray box in the uperleft hand corner.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-17 22:30:14

At 7/17/08 10:24 PM, djconnect wrote:
At 7/16/08 09:40 PM, riemannSum wrote: Also, can I change the time signature in the middle of an FL song?
If you are talking about the tempo then no. Tho you could just space your notes farther apart on the pattern window. Increase the pattern size with the little gray box in the uperleft hand corner.

LIES!!! You can record the automation for the tempo, same as you would for various knobs in the program.

Although I do believe djconnect meant, TIME SIGNATURE as in 4/4, 3/4, etc.. which would be a NO as far as I can tell.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-17 22:31:43

At 7/17/08 10:30 PM, Rawmin wrote: Although I do believe djconnect meant, blablabla

Bah, i meant to say riemannSum meant that!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-17 22:32:44

At 7/16/08 09:40 PM, riemannSum wrote: Is there any way I can combine two different fruityloop files into one song?

Well you could save one as an mp3 and load it at the bottom of the playlist window of the other file. I would give you a screen shot but im not at home. If you can not figure it out let us know and I will post one later.

Accually, you can change the tempo using automation, but you cannot change the time signeture, which is found on the project general settings page under options.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-17 22:39:54

To clarify my last post, the reason that you cannot change the time signeture with automation is because of the basic structure of FL studio which would cause a error in the program. Imagen a song playing at bar 10 in 4/4 time, then changing the time to 3/4 would cause it to jump to beat 4 of bar 7(in 4/4 time) while reading bar 10 in 3/4

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-18 00:08:30

Thanks, you solved the first problem and I can see now from the other posts that it's impossible to solve the second :(

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-18 18:43:12

in most insturments, when they play a note, it's continued on for like ever.
The note doesn't stop, and when the next note is played, the first isn't stopped, they play simultaneously (sp?). How do I stop a certain note from playing...

Awesome turret game in the making, featuring 85 uniqe turrets: News post

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-18 19:43:02

At 7/18/08 06:43 PM, mayoarm11 wrote: in most insturments, when they play a note, it's continued on for like ever.
The note doesn't stop, and when the next note is played, the first isn't stopped, they play simultaneously (sp?). How do I stop a certain note from playing...

Open the channel properties > go to the misc tab > change cut and cy by to 1. If that doesn't work, de-select "use loop points"

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-19 16:23:35

At 7/18/08 07:43 PM, Envy wrote: Open the channel properties > go to the misc tab > change cut and cy by to 1. If that doesn't work, de-select "use loop points"

what?
I click on channels at the top bar... then what? I don't see a misc tab.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-19 17:36:10

At 7/19/08 04:23 PM, mayoarm11 wrote:
At 7/18/08 07:43 PM, Envy wrote: Open the channel properties > go to the misc tab > change cut and cy by to 1. If that doesn't work, de-select "use loop points"
what?
I click on channels at the top bar... then what? I don't see a misc tab.

He means click on the instrument / sampler bar, then click on the misc tab and go to this. (I'm pretty sure, anyway.)

And I think "use loop points" is found in the SMP tab.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-19 18:17:48

oh thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-19 18:20:26

sorry... but what if I want some notes to do cross over, while other's dont...?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-19 20:44:44

When i install Fl 8 do i have to uninstall Fl 7? or can i keep them both?

I want a Virus TI...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-19 20:53:06

You can keep them both, but if you want to change or a setting, add new VST(s) or sample(s), etc., you'll have to do it separately for both versions. Just remember to make a new, separate folder for FL8. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-21 14:27:02

At 6/26/08 04:57 PM, sfox8 wrote: I'm having trouble with output in fl studio. I'm trying to record via a logitech usb microphone using ASIO but whenever I switch to ASIO, my sound goes out and I cannot hear any kind of feedback from the program at all. It only happens in FL because I can hear and watch youtube videos just fine.

I'm able to record when in ASIO mode, but I have to switch back to Primary Sound Device every time I want to play it back. The "in" section lists my microphone for the input, but the "out" section says "Not Connected 1 - Not Connected 2 when I'm in ASIO mode. I'm using an hp laptop if that's any help.

Is there any way to fix this?

I have experienced the same issue at times. I am using a HP laptop too, and running vista, but the problem lies in other programs (other than fl studio), such as windows media player, audacity, ect. My solution is to close other programs first, or to set up all the programs you want to run to run on AISO 4 all.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-21 20:20:10

At 7/19/08 06:20 PM, mayoarm11 wrote: sorry... but what if I want some notes to do cross over, while other's dont...?

You mean that sometimes you want to play 2 notes at the same time? I would suggest you use the Piano Roll instead of the step sequencer. On the piano roll you choose which note to play, and also you can stretch the note to play for as long as you want.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-22 01:33:37

Probably been asked before, but...

Can anyone point me to a decent tutorial or some sort of help resource for using Sytrus. I don't want something that explains the whole process, as I believe in figuring out what sounds good for myself, but rather I'm looking for a simple explanation of what all the sliders/matrix do per se.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-22 03:24:50

At 7/22/08 01:33 AM, Fuiste wrote: Probably been asked before, but...

Can anyone point me to a decent tutorial or some sort of help resource for using Sytrus. I don't want something that explains the whole process, as I believe in figuring out what sounds good for myself, but rather I'm looking for a simple explanation of what all the sliders/matrix do per se.

I can't think of anything that quickly explains Sytrus, because it can be quite the powerful and complicated synth. But this tutorial by Blackhole12 is really worth a look through if you're interested in how it works.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-22 07:17:41

At 7/22/08 01:33 AM, Fuiste wrote: Probably been asked before, but...

I've found the best way is self taught. If your willing to put the time in, choose a preset from Sytrus and then open anotherSytrus and choose default. Keep playing a note and copy the settings from the preset to default one by one and you will hear the gradual changes

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-22 14:32:15

K, so I've got a little problem.

I tried importing a .wav in FL Studio 7, it asks me a directory to store the .wav, so I stored it under ''sliced beats''. The problem is, it still says the file is missing, and the directory is still empty.

How can I import a .wav properly?

Meh.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-22 21:25:09

At 7/22/08 02:32 PM, agnryfaic wrote: K, so I've got a little problem.

I tried importing a .wav in FL Studio 7, it asks me a directory to store the .wav, so I stored it under ''sliced beats''. The problem is, it still says the file is missing, and the directory is still empty.

If you want to just import a .wav file, you can drag and drop the wav file from Windows Explorer into your playlist. Or you can go to "Channels > Add one > Sampler", then click on the sampler box and click on the folder under the "SMP, INS, MISC" ect tabs and select your wav file. From there you can use the piano roll or the "simple sequencer" thing with the boxes that light up when you click them, or drag the sample by dragging the waveform of the sample onto the playlist.

Also, if you're wanting to slice up something like a drum sample, you can go to "Channels > Add one > Fruity Slicer", then click on the Fruity Slicer and open the sample you want to cut up by clicking the folder with the "+" signs / stars or whatever is on the folder (it's the second from the left).

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-23 04:57:08

At 7/22/08 09:25 PM, New-Milkman wrote:
At 7/22/08 02:32 PM, agnryfaic wrote: K, so I've got a little problem.

a bunch of helpfull stuff

Thanks man :) well I tried doing it manually by just copy-pasting it in my FL-folder, which worked too, but your method is even better.

Meh.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-07-23 17:20:20

This is a much needed bump.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person