New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sinnesraub
Sinnesraub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-20 14:53:32 Reply

Since i started using this program, I have been trying to make the guitar sound as real as possible (the slayer tool, I mean). Anyone got any tips on that? =|

allemansing
allemansing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-20 16:34:05 Reply

Ok, Im trying to create a nice angel choir sling thing, but when im editing it on the piano roll the singing doesnt stop when the bar on the piano roll stops, it keeps doing it till the whole sound clip of the choir is over, which is very long. So if i want it to play for one beat and then stop i draw a bar over the beat but the singing doesnt stop after the beat is over it keeps going for 10 seconds. It worked the first time i tried but now i dont know whats wrong. A little help is welcome.

Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-20 16:44:40 Reply

alien, Fruity slicer and Wave Traveller work pretty good for that.

Arcsynth
Arcsynth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-20 17:18:03 Reply

At 8/20/07 02:53 PM, Sinnesraub wrote: Since i started using this program, I have been trying to make the guitar sound as real as possible (the slayer tool, I mean). Anyone got any tips on that? =|

Well the only tip I have for you is this: DON'T use FL Slayer. xP There are a few presets in Sytrus you could use, although everyone recognizes them... I don't know of any guitar VSTs off the top of my head, but I believe that there are a few out there...

BBS Signature
allemansing
allemansing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 15:15:59 Reply

I have encountered yet another problem. Ive made this little melody on the piano roll. I wanted to change the instrument playing the melody a bit into the song so i copyed the pattern and pasted it on a channel i wasnt using. So i dragged a bunch of other instruments on the channel and after i had tried a few it stopped changin tones. It just played the same note over and over. Even when i took back the original instrument and when i restarted FL. What the hell?

Valtrix
Valtrix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 15:45:09 Reply

At 8/21/07 03:15 PM, allemansing wrote: I have encountered yet another problem. Ive made this little melody on the piano roll. I wanted to change the instrument playing the melody a bit into the song so i copyed the pattern and pasted it on a channel i wasnt using. So i dragged a bunch of other instruments on the channel and after i had tried a few it stopped changin tones. It just played the same note over and over. Even when i took back the original instrument and when i restarted FL. What the hell?

Sometimes certain instruments mess up what you have in your piano roll. Just move the pattern to a new channel and start switching instruments again--It should work fine.

allemansing
allemansing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 17:03:01 Reply

At 8/21/07 03:45 PM, Valtrix wrote:

::

Sometimes certain instruments mess up what you have in your piano roll. Just move the pattern to a new channel and start switching instruments again--It should work fine.

It worked, thanks =)

Everlasting-Elements
Everlasting-Elements
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 17:05:03 Reply

Is there a way to make the Sytrus slide. I couldn't find a slide setting...

Sig=DJ REN
PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature
PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 17:13:21 Reply

At 8/21/07 05:05 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: Is there a way to make the Sytrus slide. I couldn't find a slide setting...

When I opened up FL for the first time ever (when I was 11, for God's sake) I figured out how to make notes slide >:(

Here I have it playing c4 for 4 beats. On the offbeat of the first count, I have it slide up. It will have finished sliding up to c5 at the beginning of the second beat, because I made it last that long.

It'll only slide as fast as you make it.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

X-ZeLL-X
X-ZeLL-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 23:13:08 Reply

Has any one gone back and downloaded the old versions of fruitly loops. just to see and poke around with what little we were givin. lol i found it amussing.

ITS SMALL CUZ IT WANTS TO BE!

BBS Signature
mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 03:20:02 Reply

Hey guys, long time fl user here but im having a problem,

i formated my computer today because some virus / spy ware / adds where using all my ram and cpu and lagging the hell out of fl studio.

i installed fl studio and now the cpu meater is off the chart and i get a loud crackling while playing my new song that i just made over the course of the last 3 weeks. wtf is up? im using fl 7 with asio drivers that came with it and those drivers are selected. i also tried with my hard ware drivers but that was worse, help? am i missing some setting?

I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 03:21:22 Reply

oh nvm i got it. i had my buffer set to 1 ms :D

I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
TheReno
TheReno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 14:26:57 Reply

How do I get sounds I recorded or downloaded onto FL?

Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature
0con
0con
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 14:30:12 Reply

At 8/22/07 02:26 PM, TheReno wrote: How do I get sounds I recorded or downloaded onto FL?

Be more specific, where would you want them to be in FL?

!

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 14:31:53 Reply

At 8/22/07 02:26 PM, TheReno wrote: How do I get sounds I recorded or downloaded onto FL?

If they're a .wav sample kind of dealio, you can link the folder straight into FL by going options -> file settings -> then finding the folder with all of your .wav sounds.

If it's an MP3, you have to open up an Audio Clip (right click ->insert -> audio clip), left lick on it, click on the little folder icon, and then find your file. After that, click the "keep on disk" button off. Then you can see your sound waves and where you have to put them in order for them to be in beat.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 17:00:54 Reply

At 8/20/07 04:34 PM, allemansing wrote: Ok, Im trying to create a nice angel choir sling thing, but when im editing it on the piano roll the singing doesnt stop when the bar on the piano roll stops, it keeps doing it till the whole sound clip of the choir is over, which is very long. So if i want it to play for one beat and then stop i draw a bar over the beat but the singing doesnt stop after the beat is over it keeps going for 10 seconds. It worked the first time i tried but now i dont know whats wrong. A little help is welcome.

Open up your channel go to the "misc" tab, change the Cut by, to "1" It should end when your note stops playing.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Androu1
Androu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 18:12:28 Reply

Simple question:
Where can I find some VST instruments or whatever?
I would like a cool guitar one (I found some,better than originals...but not so good) and any electronic sounding thing.

Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 18:16:43 Reply

At 8/22/07 06:12 PM, Androu1 wrote: Simple question:
Where can I find some VST instruments or whatever?
I would like a cool guitar one (I found some,better than originals...but not so good) and any electronic sounding thing.

Oh. My. God.

Androu1
Androu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 18:22:26 Reply

You know searching is boring :P
Some people (like me) are too lazy to bother searching for things themselves :P

Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 18:42:20 Reply

If you're too lazy to search for it, then you don't deserve it.

Just rape Slayer with effects.

Androu1
Androu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-23 01:31:28 Reply

Meh,Slayer is shitness.

TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-23 02:02:53 Reply

At 8/23/07 01:31 AM, Androu1 wrote: Meh,Slayer is shitness.

Slayer 2 is much, much better.

Androu1
Androu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-23 02:27:22 Reply

Seems to me like I'm gonna go lurk for it :P

0con
0con
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-23 03:01:53 Reply

At 8/23/07 02:27 AM, Androu1 wrote: Seems to me like I'm gonna go lurk for it :P

Oh you poor thing.

!

ZTshredder
ZTshredder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-24 00:34:15 Reply

Hey, I have a question here, I am currently working on a song, and go to one of the instruments and press piano roll, all the notes are the same, when I open a new project it goes back to all different notes on the piano roll, is there a setting I accidently pushed? Sorry if a similiar problem has already been posted, i didnt have time to read all 54 pages on this topic.

0con
0con
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-24 02:39:44 Reply

When you start a new project, you start over with a whole NEW project. Your other one is gone if you didn't save it.

!

ZTshredder
ZTshredder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-24 05:07:28 Reply

At 8/24/07 02:39 AM, 0con wrote: When you start a new project, you start over with a whole NEW project. Your other one is gone if you didn't save it.

Thats not even close to my question. But thanks for the statement. Ill re-state my question, I am in the middle of a project. I added a new instrument and took it to piano roll. When I do this, this instument only plays in one key, all up and down the piano roll. I did a test to see if it was the instrument, and started another project, and it is in different keys like it is suposed to. So my question is, is there a setting or somthing that I accidently hit on my project that made the piano roll only go into 1 key?

Stikkand
Stikkand
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-24 14:20:34 Reply

I've had some problems with this as well. I'm fairly certain it is a bug within FL. My only way around it is copying the notes (if you need to), then completely deleting the instrument from the workspace, then reinserting it. Usually does the job.

0con
0con
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-24 14:30:56 Reply

Ah, I see what you're saying now. Certain sounds can only play one note, and if it only a sample that does that, then you switch that one with another sample that setting carries over. The best thing to do is just to copy and paste what you have in the piano roll, onto a whole new sample on a different channel.

!

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-24 18:25:40 Reply

Ok, I have a really tough question, and I doubt many will be able to answer it... So, API/Geier was showing me some voice clips of his DnB, and I noticed an effect on the snare that I would really like to use.

There was a slight delay before the snare peaked... I have no idea how to do it. He said it involved compressors, so I tried linking a peak controller to a threshold knob when the ratio was a decimal... It didn't work.

Geier calls it "roundness." How do I do it...

Example.