• 6,477 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nyth-Pinank
Nyth-Pinank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 12th, 2007 @ 05:29 PM Reply

At 8/12/07 05:16 PM, New-Milkman wrote: What are some VST's that I absolutly must have for FL 7? I like to play with them!

Vanguard, Nexus, z3ta+....enjoy =)

New dance remix Click me
my site forums =)

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 12th, 2007 @ 11:06 PM Reply

hey guys, i have a question. ok does anybody know where to find a tutorial on sampling on FL? i tried looping a sample and it sounded like shit lol i pulled it off on my song swangin with a prince loop but i dont remember how the hell i did it haha can anybody help please???

TheAmateurAnimator
TheAmateurAnimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 12th, 2007 @ 11:40 PM Reply

I just got a USB cable for my really, really ancient Studio 610 Master Keyboard by Fatar. I know how to install everything, but how do I get the keyboard to work in FL Studio 6?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature
Stratoss
Stratoss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 13th, 2007 @ 06:51 AM Reply

At 8/12/07 11:40 PM, TheAmateurAnimator wrote: I just got a USB cable for my really, really ancient Studio 610 Master Keyboard by Fatar. I know how to install everything, but how do I get the keyboard to work in FL Studio 6?

Run FL Studio.
Go to options, then MIDI Settings.
Under the MIDI tab there's an output list, look for your keyboard driver and select it, you might need to restart FL Studio if you connected your keyboard after running FL Studio.

Hope this helps.

BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 13th, 2007 @ 03:23 PM Reply

alright guys ignore me jeez lol

Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 13th, 2007 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 8/13/07 03:23 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: alright guys ignore me jeez lol

Open new channel > Sample > Click the small folder icon next to the big empty void > Browse for your .wav/mp3 or whatever. Is that what you meant?

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 14th, 2007 @ 07:46 AM Reply

Starts to thinking about question to ask that I'm sure no one can answer....:P

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

ECTheSlaughter
ECTheSlaughter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 14th, 2007 @ 09:18 AM Reply

I don't know if this question has been asked already, but:

How and from where I can get more instruments into my FL 6? (A link to get them wouldn't mind) Thanks in advance.

Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 14th, 2007 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 8/14/07 09:18 AM, ECTheSlaughter wrote: I don't know if this question has been asked already, but:

How and from where I can get more instruments into my FL 6? (A link to get them wouldn't mind) Thanks in advance.

Download a VST, soundfont, or instrument sample anywhere on the internet.

Configure, rape with effects, and piano roll away.

If you need clarification on how to install them, tell me.

Infernuz
Infernuz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 14th, 2007 @ 05:41 PM Reply

Alright so i noticed that the tutorials links for fl were broken in the tutorial topic and im a beginner with fl so i was wondering if anyone can give me a link to some beginner tutorials (video, or just plain text it doenst really matter).

Thx in advance

-> Stupid Qoute Goes Here <-

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 15th, 2007 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 8/13/07 03:32 PM, DragonsGrief wrote:
At 8/13/07 03:23 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: alright guys ignore me jeez lol
Open new channel > Sample > Click the small folder icon next to the big empty void > Browse for your .wav/mp3 or whatever. Is that what you meant?

o thank you dragonsgrief lol but i what i meant was if i open a sample for editing i cant ever get it to match my beat, do you know what i mean? ok for example im trying to match up a willie hutch sample to my beat, but it just wont work, how do you chop it to the beat?

Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 15th, 2007 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 8/15/07 05:01 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: o thank you dragonsgrief lol but i what i meant was if i open a sample for editing i cant ever get it to match my beat, do you know what i mean? ok for example im trying to match up a willie hutch sample to my beat, but it just wont work, how do you chop it to the beat?

Either synchronize your beat to the sample, or use Fruity Slicer.

OdHero
OdHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 16th, 2007 @ 06:26 AM Reply

Hey, I've tried the FL7 demo, and I'm liking it but is the basic idea that, you build your song in parts, (those patterns) and then link them together with other patterns?

If so how do you link these patterns together?

Also my patterns are 12 'blocks' long. Is there any way to increase that or is that only on the demo version?

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 16th, 2007 @ 11:46 AM Reply

At 8/16/07 06:26 AM, OdHero wrote: Hey, I've tried the FL7 demo, and I'm liking it but is the basic idea that, you build your song in parts, (those patterns) and then link them together with other patterns?

If so how do you link these patterns together?

You dont necessarily Link them together. You create patterns, then place them in the playlist. Organize them from there to create a song. After making pattern 1, click pattern 2 on the playlist to start a new pattern.

Also my patterns are 12 'blocks' long. Is there any way to increase that or is that only on the demo version?

Yes, Either A) Use the piano roll (Right click on your channel and select "send to piano roll"
Or B) If it's drums or something the piano roll way can get annoying for that, so the top left of the sequencer there is a little box with a -- in it. Or in your case a 12.... Turn that up to make your patterns longer.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 16th, 2007 @ 01:34 PM Reply

Either synchronize your beat to the sample, or use Fruity Slicer.

ive never tried fruity slicer before. thanks for your help holla if you ever need anythang lol peace

TheReno
TheReno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 16th, 2007 @ 02:03 PM Reply

Hey. How do you make songs on fruit loopy? I can make loops but when I switch it to song mode and I hit play, I hear nothing. so wth? Can the demo only make loops?

Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature
iTWMorph
iTWMorph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 17th, 2007 @ 02:46 PM Reply

Is there a way to make a individual sound or a beat fade out then fade back in?

And is there a way to make the song a normal slow paced beat with the temp thing but then later in the song make it go faster without moving the tempo at all?

Valtrix
Valtrix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 17th, 2007 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 8/16/07 02:03 PM, TheReno wrote: Hey. How do you make songs on fruit loopy? I can make loops but when I switch it to song mode and I hit play, I hear nothing. so wth? Can the demo only make loops?

Open up the playlist, and then make your patterns there. Each block uses the patterns you create on the stepsequencer.

At 8/17/07 02:46 PM, iTWMorph wrote: Is there a way to make a individual sound or a beat fade out then fade back in?

And is there a way to make the song a normal slow paced beat with the temp thing but then later in the song make it go faster without moving the tempo at all

Use automation. That's a bit more complicated, so look it up :P You make automation clips on your playlist, but at the bottom section. You can do this with tempo too, but it can get messy :P

TheReno
TheReno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 17th, 2007 @ 11:46 PM Reply

At 8/17/07 04:12 PM, Valtrix wrote:
At 8/16/07 02:03 PM, TheReno wrote: Hey. How do you make songs on fruit loopy? I can make loops but when I switch it to song mode and I hit play, I hear nothing. so wth? Can the demo only make loops?
Open up the playlist, and then make your patterns there. Each block uses the patterns you create on the stepsequencer.

ooooook. I did what you told me and it worked. But now Im so confused lol. How do I use the playlist witht eh stepsequencer?

BBS Signature
Valtrix
Valtrix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 10:33 AM Reply

At 8/17/07 11:46 PM, TheReno wrote: ooooook. I did what you told me and it worked. But now Im so confused lol. How do I use the playlist witht eh stepsequencer?

So, say for the first layer you have a basic beat with a kick on every beat. You'd make that with your stepsequencer, then on the playlist each block you draw on that layer means that that sequence will play. So now say you want some snare drums to come in a little later. Go to the next layer on the playlist and make a snare drum sequence. Then on you playlist, make that pattern come in the third bar. Basically, just do that with all your sounds and you should get something to come out =)

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 10:35 AM Reply

At 8/14/07 07:46 AM, B0UNC3 wrote: Starts to thinking about question to ask that I'm sure no one can answer....:P

Ask please.

TheReno
TheReno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Thanks for the help.

BBS Signature
redcru92
redcru92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 05:20 PM Reply

hey, im sorta new to fl studio and i just got a few quick questions. first off, how do you make certain instruments or the entire song fade in or out? like at the end of the song, how do you make it slowly quiet down? because i am making a song that would end perfectly like that. also, how do you speed up in the middle of the song?
thank! redcru92

BBS Signature
TheReno
TheReno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 8/18/07 05:20 PM, redcru92 wrote: hey, im sorta new to fl studio and i just got a few quick questions. first off, how do you make certain instruments or the entire song fade in or out? like at the end of the song, how do you make it slowly quiet down? because i am making a song that would end perfectly like that. also, how do you speed up in the middle of the song?
thank! redcru92

Well to speed up in the middle place the nodes closer together. As for fading out at the end either find a
sound pack that does that or mess with the nodes individualy with the button right by the keyboard. Each bar is the volume

BBS Signature
redcru92
redcru92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 05:55 PM Reply

thanks, but could you explain a little? like, what are nodes, and which button next to which keyboard?

BBS Signature
TheReno
TheReno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 8/18/07 05:55 PM, redcru92 wrote: thanks, but could you explain a little? like, what are nodes, and which button next to which keyboard?

Well the nodes are on the soundboard which is the thing with at start up has snare, hi hat, clap, etc. Nodes are the rectangles to the right of the names. if you look in the upper corner of the soundboard you see keyboard and to the left of it the button you looking for

BBS Signature
redcru92
redcru92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 07:20 PM Reply

thank you so much! it worked perfectly.

BBS Signature
redcru92
redcru92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 07:28 PM Reply

hey, i gots one more question... can you clone an entire patter? if so, how?

BBS Signature
TheReno
TheReno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 07:30 PM Reply

At 8/18/07 07:28 PM, redcru92 wrote: hey, i gots one more question... can you clone an entire patter? if so, how?

Only way I know how to do that is by hand

BBS Signature
redcru92
redcru92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 07:40 PM Reply

dude! i figured it out!!!! in the playlist, click on the pattern number and hold shift+control+c and then in the blank pattern below it, you can put the new one in and change it however you want.

BBS Signature