00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jeff Weise's Flash

65,597 Views | 616 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:12:51

My only problem with the flash being on the front page is the type of reviewers it's attracting.

I just reviewed Target Practice as a flash submission, but 99.9% of the other reviewers are using that space to review Weise as a person. I know, I know, whistle them abusive. Normally I would, but nearly every review that's coming in is abusive in some way, calling him a sicko and what not. Just saying, maybe a good idea would be to close off the ability to review it altogether. After all, the purpose of reviewing is to help the author improve his work. Weise isn't going to need that now, is he ?

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:26:18

Who was Livecorpse? Was he involved in a school shooting? If this question is stupid, please forgive me as I've been coming to NG for a while, but I've recently joined and had the urge to look at the BBS.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:27:02

At 3/25/05 04:05 PM, hofi8 wrote: Thsi is all my opinion, I don't care if you call em a stupid idot because of this, because thats what you think and this is what I think, and yes Im only 15 yrs old and I know way more than just this.

you're a stupid fucking moron and you're 15 years old, you don't KNOW anything, you THINK you know everything...

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:30:18

At 3/25/05 04:26 PM, Clashbakk wrote: Who was Livecorpse? Was he involved in a school shooting? If this question is stupid, please forgive me as I've been coming to NG for a while, but I've recently joined and had the urge to look at the BBS.

Here'S the answer!

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:31:59

At 3/25/05 04:12 PM, Lindstrom wrote: Well, the son of a bitch must have had his reasons for blasting mother fuckers to their graves. What reasons? Who knows. All we know is that instead of popping another Prozac he pop-pop-popped people with his hand gun back to where they came from. Conclusion? I guess he had a bad day or something, like a really bad groin itch... lol

I don't really find this a laughing subject matter. You can have your opinions and all, but please have some decency. And having a bad day doesn't give you the right the take other people's lives, if you must, end your own only, but that's really bad too.

I'm not gonna sit around and pretend I give a damn about shit like this. People die every single fuckin' day from various reasons spanning from getting your head shot off by a US soldier in Iraq to dying from ebola in Africa... I'm not gonna pretend I care, 'cause I don't. It's tragic for sure, but I just don't care... sorry. So much shit going on in the world, so little time to give a damn...

It's true, there is a lot of death going around everyday. But that doesn't mean that we can't care about death any more. A long, long, long time ago, when there were barely any people alive, death was a huge deal and everyone knew and cared about it. It's still the same event, just with a lot more people to die. I'm sorry, I'm tired... working all day in flash, damn it.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:32:41

Author's comments:

My first Frame by Frame animation, and my first submission to NG. This was basically just a test, or practice, and has no plot other then people getting blown away.

0_o Pretty freaky huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:33:27

At 3/25/05 04:12 PM, Tremour wrote:

After all, the purpose of reviewing is to help the author improve his work. Weise isn't going to need that now, is he ?

lol, yah true.. looking at the all the reviews.. its like a friggin forum in there.. alot of people are writing reviews about him being a loser because they know the guy's dead.. and won't reply to their reviews..
Its kinda sorta like looting a store after the owner died..

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:36:04

At 3/25/05 04:27 PM, mackan_ wrote:
At 3/25/05 04:05 PM, hofi8 wrote: Thsi is all my opinion, I don't care if you call em a stupid idot because of this, because thats what you think and this is what I think, and yes Im only 15 yrs old and I know way more than just this.
you're a stupid fucking moron and you're 15 years old, you don't KNOW anything, you THINK you know everything...

Pleas tell me why am I a "stupid fucking moron"??
But come up with somthing good

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:45:46

I dunno, my personal opinion is that it shouldnt be on the front page. I understand its causing a strain on servers and stuff but I would still let people go through the chore of finding it themselves.. if its causing that huge of a strain then just get it outta there altogether. While I'm sure the intentions are good it just looks really ugly to have it 'showcased' on the frontpage. It just looks like a REALLY really hungry attempt to make a few dimes and nickels off of the new incoming traffic.
The cash for flash thing was a positive step in cleaning up ng and really getting it the artistic respect it so desperately deserves in the flash scene but i think this is a step backwards. I know ng is all about pushing buttons and being bold but i just think one day itll push that 'one' wrong button whatever it is and itll fuck things up for everyone.

My two cents.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:46:29

At 3/25/05 04:12 PM, Tremour wrote: I just reviewed Target Practice

Haha, you got the 1000th review. People are stupid though, you gave it one of the only reviews to do with the flash, and guess what :

2/4 people found this review helpful

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:46:57

well it might not be smart but its true

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 16:52:49

At 3/25/05 04:46 PM, Laminated wrote: Haha, you got the 1000th review.

Oh, snap, crackle and pop.

2/4 people found this review helpful

To be perfectly honest though, the review wasn't exactly helpful, it was more me just reflecting on the flash. Not helpful sits well with me. I'd be pretty pissed if the other two had marked it abusive, however, as it was anything but.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 17:23:30

So what if its on the front page. Newgrounds now has its own little peice of history. Wade should hurry up and copyright that shit so you can make like a DVD about it 2 year from now. (people really collect serial killer memberobilia)

And to others that say that all disturbing flashes should be deleted off the site should realize that Newgrounds is built on the concept of free speech. Tom and Wade fought hard to keep greedy companies from silencing us.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 17:39:49

Newgrounds is really doing a favor when it comes to this, considering this helps the press media and themselves, it's kind of a You win or you win situation, and who knows, newgrounds could even be commemorated for having this "direct, easy to get to flash" made by the school shootout bandit, Jeff wiese.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 17:42:50

The only thing that makes me mad about the reviews is that people keep writing "RIP". Rest in Peace? How about saying that to the 10 people he killed on his murderous rampage?

I think we should all vote 5 on the psychotic Nazi sympathizer's movie, because he's dead. Aww. Everyone loves a dead person on the internet. I never even had heard of Livecorpse when his story broke, and, boy, was everyone weepy about him. Except Elfer.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 17:49:43

At 3/25/05 02:56 AM, Idanbd wrote:
At 3/25/05 02:42 AM, phantomchaser wrote:
At 3/24/05 07:13 PM, WadeFulp wrote: After much debate we have decided to feature Jeff Weise's Flash entry, ...
Good for you guys! It's a fairly decent submission and if the shooting never happened,
nobody would even care. What about the Livecorpse tribute by Elfer? 178122.
You talk about wrong. Nobody seemed to care about that though. Why? Just because it
wasn't in a school?
Well, do YOU think its the same? going into a school and do a rampage becouse you "feel like it" is the same as shooting a cop that is after you?

"Because you "feel like it"" That pretty much shows how much you know about the mental state of people that do this... Its gone past the point of "because you feel like it" god damn moron... its not like he suddenly decided, Gee, what should I do on this fine day? Why, I think I will shoot the living fuck out of my school! Alright, Gramps, your first."

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 17:51:11

I agree about that, to, R.I.P, ok, they better mean that for the 9 kids who died in teh rampage of Jeff, I hope satan pulls out an AK47 and gives Jeff a shot of his own narcotic.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 17:52:56

At 3/25/05 05:51 PM, FarCryDX wrote: I agree about that, to, R.I.P, ok, they better mean that for the 9 kids who died in teh rampage of Jeff, I hope satan pulls out an AK47 and gives Jeff a shot of his own narcotic.

Oops, did I say Jeff? I mean't psycho.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 17:55:21

At 3/25/05 03:22 AM, bazzam wrote:
At 3/25/05 03:11 AM, Dorde_Ultima wrote: ya OK fuckhead
What a ignorant little post. I guess that just boosted your self confidence 3 fold.

Uh, I think he was referring to the dude who said "My life is worse than his, but oh well" and I agree with his response... We all judge what we have by the quality of our stuff and the "stuff" around us. You obviously are in a better frame of mind compared to this guy, thats what you should be happy for, even proud of, its about being happy with what you have, and that is not easy. I for one wish I was happy with what I have, and I have a nice home, good parents and a bunch of other nice "things". It's whats inside my head that I can't fix.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:03:00

At 3/25/05 02:23 AM, Misfit119 wrote:

:In response to my previous post he said...

I think youer the only one who cares. Lets be realistic, if this happened in Europe or Canada this would be just as horrible as if it took place in america. Were not talking about people blowing themselves up to get back at each other, were talking about a mental case going nuts and killing a bunch of kids and himself. Big difference. This isnt really the situation where the soapbox "I care cuz its america" crap applies. NG is an American site anyways, so even if it were to be like that, its your problem if it bothers you, not theirs. In either case, your an idiot to think that its just an american thing. People bitched their asses off over the Tsunami loot up and that was making fun of the tragedy (to some). This... this is a flash made by someone who went apeshit about a year later. Whoop dee fuckin doo. The kid likely wasnt plotting this back then, so the flash is irrelevant. People are reading too much into it.

First off let me say that I am not american, I am Canadian. Secondly, by "America" I meant any democracy that is similar to it. Canada Europe included, I even said that in a previous post. You cannot argue that it will get more media attention because it happened in America, but either way, its still gonna be a big media item if it happens in Canada or Europe. All I meant to say was that we all seem to see it as a massive tragedy when really its not that bad. Maybe its an indicator for how our youth or sliding today, by maybe its not.
Secondly, the thing that really bothered me was his response to a review, the one about how making a cartoon doesnt mean he is going to go out and do it. I've thought that and said that a lot about the stuff I make, and I believe it about others. To see that he said that really offers a lot of incite, to his depression. Months later, his frame of mind was so bad that he goes and DOES something similar to his cartoon. We get to pictures, one where he is thinking rationally, the other where he has been pushed over the edge. I KNOW I wont do the things that I portray in my animations, but I dont know that I will KNOW that tommorow. Its a product of circumstances I guess.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:05:33

You know, there should really be a section created for posthumous authors. Videos and games created by dead animators. I'm serious. I think there would be a serious cult following for that, and I myself am morbidly curious to see what the suicidal are (were) doing with macromedia flash.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:10:54

At 3/25/05 06:17 AM, UsaSatsui wrote: You know, I'm kind of sick of seeing "it's not his fault, he was pushed to it".

..[clipped for space]

I got picked on in school. Most of my friends now did. I wouldn't be suprised if everyone here either was or is currently given a hard time in high school. I'm sure a few of us have severe mental problems. I'm sure a lot of us would certainly -like- to kill people. Yet we don't. We deal with it.

Jeff Weise couldn't deal with it. When he couldn't get the help he needed, when he wasn't strong enough to hold on and try to get it, he made a choice to end it and take as many people as he can with him. It was his choice, and I'm not gonna insult the memory of the victims by pretending that it's othewise. Murder is never justified.

...[clipped]

There was no way anyone could have seen this coming, and the flash doesn't even indicate he was planning it.

Actually he was getting help and was taking medication.

I couldn't agree with you more. I too was severly picked on at HS and quite depressed. My father had several rifles and guns and I had knowledge of where the keys were to both the gun cabinet and the ammo, and yet it never crossed my mind to use them against others. Instead, I figure I would drop out at 16 - but I ended up homeshooling and finding that I was too good to be like everyone else (and glad I was a non-conformist). I guess like another poster, I developed a slight superiority complex as well. But I was never intersted in killing them - beating the crap out of them, yes - killing, no.

My point is anyway, It's easy to blame everyone else except the cause - Although ... I heard antidepressants (which he was taking) in kids will cause them to more likely have suicidal tendiancies. Not really an excuse, but it certainly didn't help.

He was getting help, and he was on medication, both obviously didn't work. So why aren't the psychologists re-evaluating the methods used to "help" these kids?

Imagine a very funny quote here.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:12:58

At 3/25/05 09:16 AM, -Jun- wrote: If you think that this kid 'lost his marbles' and didn't know what he was doing, go to a doctor and find out if thats possible. Without the aid of strong drugs, you can't slip from reality to a point that you don't know what you're doing.

The child was well aware that he was about to kill people. He prepared for it. He had the brains to plan it out.

A person can't flip out that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Sure, if the kid sought help, he might not have done it. But if you look at what kind of person he was, you'll see that he liked the idea of killing. It was going to happen sooner or later.

His shooting was intentional and he was well aware that he was going to kill.

People should stop backing this little shit up and rather send condolences to the family of those who were killed.

And the FBI should start monitoring the youngsters that view NG. Many of them are capable and think of doing exactly the same thing.

where have u been? sheltered by ur parents? drugs prescribed to children today have side effects that lean towards making the child suicidal or act out in violent ways.maybe the meds ur taking have done what they are supposed to do. like sit on ur ass all day and post hate for the dead . the mind is still untapped no man or machine can produce the human brain weve only find ways to put it on mute i.e. drugs. most of the people who could understand jeffs pain are not saying its a good thing he killed people what we are saying is we can understand what pain and sadness can do to the mind .thats why the invented drugs to keep people from flipping thier lid and in most cases those drugs have side effects. its funny to see u easily state all he need to do was get himself help meanwhile ur still living at home with mommy and daddy who care for ur needs imagine ur parents dying or becoming ill .now whos gonna take care of u? society? media? most likely ull be passed on to a family member. lets see if u can cope so easily with that life changing transfor. any1 remember the depression era? it was countrywide plauge jun go yell at them for being pussies. whats in ur mind that causes u to go online and inflict hate on the ill and dead?u take ur sanity for granted ''if i can deal with the rest of the world can'' well guess what we all dont wear the same shoe size some who are ill dont have the ability to to amazingly cope with the stress of hurt and pain like u do ''superman''music artist sing about this kind of shit directors and producers make movies about it. depression is a real thing and its also dangerous . what jeff did was wrong and uselessbut do u know any of the kids killed or shot? do u know if he targeted them to begin with?watch the first news reels of the shooting ull see kids in the background laughing and gigling. 'its such a sad thing to have happen'' yet some at the school found something to be funny maybe that they were lucky to not get tagged due to the hate and pain they inflicted on jeff. u best hope no1 in ur family blood line becomes ill or they 2 will have to be bullied teased and tourtured by u and the rest like u. who are to scared to accept that the words of hate and pain they inflict with name calling and such are the real root of the problems . doctors can explain everything about the mind its still a mystery. so how is it u can put ur stamp on jeff and lable him anything but ill? who are u anyway jun dr. doogie houser?i dont belive the flash was anything more than a depressed child doing what made him happy making lil flash movies to entertain the masses. then at some point and time he felt he needed to do such a sad thing to make the pain goaway. who knows whathappen to him in the days leading up to the events he commited maybe he found out more bad news about his mother or the school informed him of some negative news.or maybe he just got sick of kids like u bashing him for no reason other then for u to make it through the day in ur sad life. im starting to wonder if the feds should look into u online bashers maybe ur venting here and other places to stop urself from doing what he did funny part is the reviews jeff posted had no hate in them like the hate ur inflicting so maybe ur worse then he is.maybe ur too scared to act out like he did. its not because ur 2 smart to do those things imean look at u bashing a dead child. and if u belive in hell than u must have sort of religious belifes . whats the bible say about wishing hurtful things to people living or dead? thats whats wrong in this world abunch holly rolling hippocritts who see no wrong in being selective abouit thier religion. and if its true ur venting like this so u2 dont commit those sad acts than be our guess and continue to bash the living or dead.[ im being sarcastic when i say this last part ]continue to insult people its not like it'll kill any1.to those lost in those sad acts of violance plz forgive'' the unforgiven'' and jeff if u can read this what u did wasnt the answer . it didnt change the world and heres ur proof people still wanting to tourture and inflict pain onto u even after ur gone. and after this incident becomes dull to them jeff they will be sure to move onto thier next ''loner'' ''odd'' victim. and rest in the comfort of what ever u were looking for.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:14:50

At 3/25/05 03:49 AM, social_misfit wrote: A whole lot of bullshit on PAGE 8 of this post.

Fuck! He was thinking rationally just a few months earlier, he wasnt always a "complete nutcase".
NOW I WANT PEOPLE TO READ THIS
It isn't about how badly people picked on him, or how badly his life went up to this point, its about HOW HE DEALT with it. Some people get miserable and foster similar ideas. If you DIDNT go crazy on your school, but you thought about it then you just WERENT as MENTALLY out of control as Jeff Weise was. For the love of christ, this is so obvious to me. It's not unique, its just a stage he reached mentally. We are all "capable" of doing this. We could all go and shoot our school if we were in a certain state of mind. The things that happened in his life cause HIS MIND to process those event and lead him to ONE conclusion. He was at the stage where he WENT out and shot up his school. Does that make sense only to me??
Why is this so hard to understand?

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:22:48

At 3/25/05 06:05 PM, Kurt_Reznor wrote: You know, there should really be a section created for posthumous authors. Videos and games created by dead animators. I'm serious. I think there would be a serious cult following for that, and I myself am morbidly curious to see what the suicidal are (were) doing with macromedia flash.

I feel guilty by saying this, but, you're right! That's something I would really like to see, as a guilty pleasure kind of thing. We might find some links or a general trend in the flashes that most suicidal people create. That would be interasting, good idea!

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:26:56

That kid is MESSED. People. No matter how much your picked on or how crappy your life is you have options. His choice was stupid. I feel bad for the peple that lost their lives because this dumb noob who didn't know how to deal with lifes problems had access to a gun.

People are saying its PEOPLE that pushed him to his WRONG choice but how much you wanna bet those people he killed had little or nothing to do with it? If you have a problem with someone thats so bad as it drives you to kill, you beat that persons ass, you make their life hell until they stop messing with you. You don't go KILL them and others. What a retard. I blame Nazi's and The Clan. Screw you guys.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:27:19

how come no ones bashing the war going on as we type this? theres shit loads of people being killed day after day . owait its hard to bash the president uall elected makes u look like an idiot so pretend its a'' good'' war? wait is there a such thing as a good war? no but there is such a thing called denile.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:29:33

We didn't elect him. HE CHEATED.

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:32:48

At 3/25/05 07:43 AM, mrjam640 wrote: can i ask you all here something
WHAT THE FUCKS SO FUNNY ABOUT THAT FLASH
HUH?!

lmao March 25, 2005
Reviewed by: Nevadeth Overall Score: 0
David Firths next lol

LOL March 25, 2005
Reviewed by: KuchenMitSand Overall Score: 5
Someone like Jeff Weise can only get arms in america....poor state.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY
HE WAS PSYCHOTIC AND CAUSED A HORRIBLE MASSACRE
AND PEOPLE LAUGH
REVIEWS LIKE THAT SHOULD BE DELETED AND THE AUTHORS BANNED FOR A DAY

I cant place it, but something is so incredibly funny about this post. I think it might be the BANNED FOR A DAY, part. Something is really making me chuckle...

Response to Jeff Weise's Flash 2005-03-25 18:35:47

At 3/25/05 06:26 PM, The_C1 wrote: That kid is MESSED. People. No matter how much your picked on or how crappy your life is you have options. His choice was stupid. I feel bad for the peple that lost their lives because this dumb noob who didn't know how to deal with lifes problems had access to a gun.

People are saying its PEOPLE that pushed him to his WRONG choice but how much you wanna bet those people he killed had little or nothing to do with it? If you have a problem with someone thats so bad as it drives you to kill, you beat that persons ass, you make their life hell until they stop messing with you. You don't go KILL them and others. What a retard. I blame Nazi's and The Clan. Screw you guys.

that seem logical ''dont blame the ones who caused him to commit those acts but blame the ones who encouraged it''? i like how u found a way to call him a name in ur statement '' noob'' do any of u get it the name calling was started the ball rolling for an ill child to act out like jeff did. educate urself go read some books on the mind and depression. and shut off ur pcs for once.