Respond to this Topic
Jun
Jun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 08:00 AM Reply

This isn't the last time something like this is going to happen to a Newgrounds user.

All the little kiddies on NG want more violence and blood. They actually rate lower if it doesn't contain the two.

People can try and justify this kid as much as they want, there is NO excuse to go out and gun down innocent civilians.

He was fucked in the head. I hope he's burning in hell.

Jun
Jun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 08:05 AM Reply

Choosing to backup this kid only shows one thing:

You contemplate similar tendancies.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Reader
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 08:10 AM Reply

Newgrounds gets too populair

i reviewed the movie when he was still alive...

mrjam640
mrjam640
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 08:21 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 08:05 AM, -Jun- wrote: Choosing to backup this kid only shows one thing:

No; fuck you.
He was obviously mentally damaged and/or bullied/abused.
Choosing to "backup this kid" shows that youve considered his motives and his state of health and so you can feel sorry for him.
So shut up

Jun
Jun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 08:25 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 08:21 AM, mrjam640 wrote:
At 3/25/05 08:05 AM, -Jun- wrote: Choosing to backup this kid only shows one thing:

No; fuck you.
He was obviously mentally damaged and/or bullied/abused.
Choosing to "backup this kid" shows that youve considered his motives and his state of health and so you can feel sorry for him.
So shut up

No, Fuck You! What the fuck do you know, you litte 13 year old dipshit?

It doesn't matter how much shit you went through. YOU DON'T GUN INNOCENT CIVILIANS AT SUCH AN AGE! THE KID WAS FUCKED IN THE HEAD!!

I've lost a brother, my parents are divorced, my best friend has died. Do you see me going out and bullying people?

And you know, it's quite funny that when I saw 'you contemplate similar tendancies', you get all pissed off.
That just proves my point further.

Jun
Jun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 08:34 AM Reply

<sarcasm>

I belive Hitler had a bad past. He's not in the wrong for killing millions of people.

</sarcasm>

Revenant
Revenant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 08:55 AM Reply

So you're saying that if someone guns down innocent people, no matter what the situation, they deserve to burn in hell, there is simply no excuse for it.

I do agree with you to a certian degree...but things are never that simple...
This kid was bullied at school, mistreated and abused by his mother, his father commited suicide, his mother was paralyzed, he was depressed, felt alone and God knows what other mental damage he had, caused by the mental and most likely physical abuse he suffered on a daily basis. Now... I don't know what you think, but having to live like that, every day of your life, would drive you to do things you would never dream of doing in a "normal" state of mind.
There are some very sick people in the world, you may or may not have heard about the now 17 year old kid who brutally murdered his 14 year old girlfriend, they both lived in my area, she was murdered on a secluded path I have walked many times. The guy who did this knew what he was doing, planned it in his mind, and even tried covering it up, these are the people who deserve to "burn in hell". Jeff Weise was not cold hearted and calculating, he was just a kid who was abused to the point of losing his sanity, and commited an act which I'm sure he would not have done, if he had recieved help when he needed it.

i think newgrounds is a pretty cool guy. eh makes falsh and doesn't afraid of anything.

BBS Signature
Jun
Jun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 09:00 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 08:55 AM, DeathSyndrome wrote: So you're saying that if someone guns down innocent people, no matter what the situation, they deserve to burn in hell, there is simply no excuse for it.

Yes. There is NO excuse. Especially in this case.

I bet you he enjoyed killing those people. It was probably his life's dream to do a full massacre.

He made flashes about it and he finally got to do what he always wanted.

I sincerely hope he rots in Hell.

Think about the people he killed...

mrjam640
mrjam640
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 09:05 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 08:25 AM, -Jun- wrote: No, Fuck You! What the fuck do you know, you litte 13 year old dipshit?

It doesn't matter how much shit you went through. YOU DON'T GUN INNOCENT CIVILIANS AT SUCH AN AGE! THE KID WAS FUCKED IN THE HEAD!!

I've lost a brother, my parents are divorced, my best friend has died. Do you see me going out and bullying people?

And you know, it's quite funny that when I saw 'you contemplate similar tendancies', you get all pissed off.
That just proves my point further.

Actually i know quite a lot
do you do latin?
no obviously not
i do not contemplate similar tendencies. its people like you that make me laugh becuase your so fuck-witted.
he couldnt draw the line between mind and reality GET IT?
he kept thinking about guns and that hey he mightve thought it was fun mabye not bullying or abuse-related at all
but he might not have realised that the real world and his mind are different very different worlds
"the kid was fucked in the head" yes i know. it might not have been bully related at all
Age doesnt count for shit
its all in the mind
and by the by of course i havent seen you go out and bully people. i dont fucking know you.

Revenant
Revenant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 09:08 AM Reply

Yes, but you have to ask yourself, would he have done this if he had recieved help?
Would he have done this if he had had a perfectly normal, happy life? No bullying, no abuse, friends who cared about him.

i think newgrounds is a pretty cool guy. eh makes falsh and doesn't afraid of anything.

BBS Signature
Jun
Jun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 09:16 AM Reply

If you think that this kid 'lost his marbles' and didn't know what he was doing, go to a doctor and find out if thats possible. Without the aid of strong drugs, you can't slip from reality to a point that you don't know what you're doing.

The child was well aware that he was about to kill people. He prepared for it. He had the brains to plan it out.

A person can't flip out that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Sure, if the kid sought help, he might not have done it. But if you look at what kind of person he was, you'll see that he liked the idea of killing. It was going to happen sooner or later.

His shooting was intentional and he was well aware that he was going to kill.

People should stop backing this little shit up and rather send condolences to the family of those who were killed.

And the FBI should start monitoring the youngsters that view NG. Many of them are capable and think of doing exactly the same thing.

Seraph
Seraph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 09:23 AM Reply

I don't see why the media is making such a fuss about it, 550 people die over the weekend in traffic accidents, gang warfare claims god knows how many lives...

KillMoochie
KillMoochie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 09:28 AM Reply

that animation is almost as ironic as live corpses 'fun with suicide' animation.

JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 09:58 AM Reply

People keep saying we should have seen it coming with his flashes. Does this mean Tom is gonna go kill a seal? That the assain flash authors are gonna kill said celebrity? How many violent flashes do we have here? How many authors go and kill multiple people? If people are searching the site for his flash and putting strain on the server I say go ahead and put it on the front page. Deleting it would od nothing. Its there, deal with it.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
Makaio
Makaio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 3/24/05 09:10 PM, ndmediaNG wrote:
At 3/24/05 09:04 PM, XXXMATTXXX wrote:
Hmmm between this and bedns game its the most publicity NG has gotten since club a seal.
Bedn's game was a crock of shit, though.

true but there was still alot of media attention.

masterchief2888
masterchief2888
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 10:23 AM Reply

At 3/24/05 07:13 PM, WadeFulp wrote: After much debate we have decided to feature Jeff Weise's Flash entry, Target Practice on our front page. Now that the media is reporting Newgrounds.com as the site where Jeff posted his Flash entries we have had an increase in traffic. These visitors are heavily searching out Jeff's work so we have decided to make it easier for them to find. This will hopefully help alleviate the strain they are putting on our database server caused by their searches.

Jeff submitted these entries back in October of 2004. If you don't know who Jeff Weise is, pick up a US newspaper or check out this online article.

Man these were signs of what would happen but noone noticed. Just another advisory watch out when you review dont say this sucks, or dam stop submiting , or die .......your just making it fucking worse if there on the verge of suicide you retards.....I just watched one of jeff weise flashes called clown and some guy recently said "its funny how some flashes suck"..come on imagine if jeff were still livin that would have given him even more motive to do what he did........Please be careful when you review and if you see abuse "such as u suckk die etc" please click abusive and let them get banned.

mrjam640
mrjam640
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 10:28 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 09:16 AM, -Jun- wrote: If you think that this kid 'lost his marbles' and didn't know what he was doing, go to a doctor and find out if thats possible. Without the aid of strong drugs, you can't slip from reality to a point that you don't know what you're doing.

The child was well aware that he was about to kill people. He prepared for it. He had the brains to plan it out.

A person can't flip out that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Sure, if the kid sought help, he might not have done it. But if you look at what kind of person he was, you'll see that he liked the idea of killing. It was going to happen sooner or later.

His shooting was intentional and he was well aware that he was going to kill.

People should stop backing this little shit up and rather send condolences to the family of those who were killed.

And the FBI should start monitoring the youngsters that view NG. Many of them are capable and think of doing exactly the same thing.

I imagine that the families are in no shortage of despair and mourning but that doesnt alter the fact that he could easily have slipped into insanity and not realise what he was doing. He mightve thought life is one big video game. He mightve thought he was still on his computer. Just look at his flashes. Theres no denying they're psychotic but theres TONS of stuff like that on NewGrounds. My point is that he was a rarity in that he carried out his thoughts to his actions.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 10:37 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:51 AM, CaedoDeum wrote: I dont mean to be insensitive or assholistic but shut the fuck up... holy shit... Newgrounds LIVES to push the boundaries of the obscene... There is nothing, legal, that is too obscene for newgrounds. No place on NG... wtf... This IS newgrounds... I'm really totally amazed that someone could say that. Totally fucking amazed...

I didn't say I agreed with it, I just said that it was true.

I guess you just haven't been here long enough to remember what happened.

Suffice it to say, fuck you, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. I was the one who personally showed everyone that, in fact, there ARE things that are too offensive for Newgrounds.

Click my sig for more details, ass munch.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:59 AM, CaedoDeum wrote: I distinctly remember front pageness to Tsunami Loot up, among other touchy subjects that ENRAGED the fuck out of some people. Personally I'm gonna be honest, I don't give a fuck on a stick about the people he killed, I care about our reaction, which is truly more important? Our reaction of course, what is ten lives we will never know and see? Cynical, maybe. Right, definitely.
Give examples of banned flash.
Right now. Go. Get typing,

Example 1: The OMGWTFN00B time trial
Example 2: My Livecorpse flash, which people were TRCIKED into flagging, and which was going to be deleted, most likely. However, due to a technicality that had to do with the entire flagged database being purged for getting too huge, I was allowed to submit it again. I did it very early in the morning when the whiners were away, and it passed.

And yes, although it did get through on a technicality, the tide was pretty much turned against me in terms of having it banned for offensiveness. And yes, that includes the admins.

Example 3: Not a flash example, but, as I mentioned earlier, my sigs. They were sort of a project of mine designed to see just how offensive i could get on NG without being censored, and without actually breaking any existing rules.

I got to my Nick Berg sig, which I released two days after he was beheaded in Iraq, and it was still a media circus. Then, of course, Wade came down and banished all of my sigs from the land for being too offensive.

So don't try to contest me on the offensive content issue. I know what I'm talking about.

YoinK
YoinK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Game Developer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 10:56 AM Reply

It's tough to lose such a great flash animator... i can't believe he did what he did... and everyone knows that high school is prison... but when it's over there is other responsibilities. I think the guy made the wrong choice to shoot everyone and himself. If he really wanted to make himself feel better and less depressed he should have either done some exercising or found a girlfriend or maybe both.

I cannot believe that I was the first reviewer of the movie "target practice"... damn

Kanye West Did What??????
They should make a black guy the manager, they know how to run shit!
2 Girls 1 Cup .... THE SONG!!!!

MystWilliams
MystWilliams
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 11:02 AM Reply

We have been debating the social aspect of this in my sociology and pyschology class the last few days as well as the media portrayal of it. I had no idea he submitted something like this, that is absolutely crazy. The whole topic is really hard to take really.

Jun
Jun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 10:28 AM, mrjam640 wrote: I imagine that the families are in no shortage of despair and mourning but that doesnt alter the fact that he could easily have slipped into insanity and not realise what he was doing. He mightve thought life is one big video game. He mightve thought he was still on his computer. Just look at his flashes. Theres no denying they're psychotic but theres TONS of stuff like that on NewGrounds. My point is that he was a rarity in that he carried out his thoughts to his actions.

Quite while you're behind... you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Take the time to look through the murderers reviews.

"Oh jeez! The Columbine killers thought it wasn't real... they thought it was a video-game. So they're a 'rarity'.. and not guilty.".... That's a pathetic excuse.

That kid chose to pick up a gun and chose to kill innocent civilians. THERE IS NO EXCUSE! HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

FoxyJ9
FoxyJ9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 11:03 AM Reply

At 3/25/05 06:46 AM, Rubber_Ninja wrote: Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But I discovered a very ironic reply by Jeff on a old review. Go here to see it on my SheezyArt Journal http://www.sheezyart.com/journal/91614/

Its quite odd actually.

You are ignorant.

BBS Signature
hobbitsquasher
hobbitsquasher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 11:09 AM Reply

i think that you have to have a certain amount of sympathy for jeff i mean you have to be despairing if u turn to killing urself but thats where my sympathy ends.
i think it was disgusting that he went and killed all those kids and you know hes probably laughing in his grave....he probably did kill all those kids for the publicity.
i dont think there would have been a way of knowing that he would do it seeing how many violent flashes there are on here and to be honest if i had seen it before wot he did i would have probably liked it however after the events i feel disturbed...how many other ppl on here are trying to show how they feel thru flashes? how many more ppl are there that in the future will commit suicide? even thinking about it makes me feel depressed. it just makes you think how long he had been thinking about it if he posted that flash 5 months before hand ? imagine if 1 act of kindness had stopped him from doing it ? makes you think about how you treat ppl. all i can say is i hope he and the kids are happy where they are now

Tremour
Tremour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 11:13 AM Reply

Snaptastic.

Funnily enough, I was reading about Target Practice in my local Newspaper just this morning. That's right, all the way over here, in Scotland. It never mentioned Newgrounds, just that the movie had been posted on, and I quote "an internet website".

Rock on, controversy.

FUCK

BBS Signature
Aliyen
Aliyen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Writer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 11:21 AM Reply

This really sucks and I feel really sorry for the people who died because of this guy's depression. What's worse is that I checked out the guy's two films, and he seemed very talented, so it's just painful to think that he'd later kill nine people (and himself) after making those.

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 11:23 AM Reply

You have to let people see stuff like this - keep everyone informed. And it will benifit newgrounds, with increased traffic, but you're not encouraging people to go out and do this, and you're taking a neutral stance on it....

I see no morality issues here. The flashes, incidentally, are quite impressively made.

hobbitsquasher
hobbitsquasher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 11:33 AM Reply

you know i think you hav done the right thing by putting on the front page like earfetish said but we all know theres gonna be some big hoo ha now by some crappy parents asscoiation or sumfing bout flash on the internet

maldito-x
maldito-x
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 11:59 AM Reply

he is such a stupid , gay, and weak guy, he should have killed only himlself, the world dont need this kinda stupid KIDS

Jellysauce
Jellysauce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:17 PM Reply

its crazy how if some one makes somthing violent on this site its pretty much a average animation but if somthing like madness or bunny kill comes out its highly scored i guess people take it personally when it happens in real life
im sure if he haddent done that shootings the scores would have been different i mean just look at the first few reviews they were really high but it seems right when he went on the killing spree its all of a souden crap oh well it was a mediocer flash and i hope all you who gave this a zero can go watch madness or bunny kill and give that a 5 you dumbass's killing is killing it shouldnt matter if it happned in reall life or not its not right no matter how its done if in the real world or not