Respond to this Topic
Xionico
Xionico
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:20 PM Reply

why not instead of that, do two different sections on front page? like, the normal one for us, and the other one for the celebrities, like numa numa and this new one

p.s. how the hell did numa numa get so famous?

BBS Signature
Zeekyboogydoog
Zeekyboogydoog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:22 PM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:17 PM, jellysauce wrote: stuff

I like punctuation. And no, killing is only killing in real life. I'm not really killing Nazis when I play Wolfenstein 3D, am I? I'm clicking when a picture of a cartoony nazi appears in the center of the screen.

khiriath
khiriath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:40 PM Reply

Wow, that flash has like 85 pages of reviews since the past 3 days.

ambrsia
ambrsia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:43 PM Reply

whats that video where a nerd gets beaten counter-strike complains on the clan's forums then goes into shcool on a shooting spree?

by mangot or something

Josey-Strife
Josey-Strife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:46 PM Reply

That kid was so foolish. Its a shame that he could be so week that he could actually do something this rediculous. and Yes, I do think that parents are probably going to start their bitching about video games again. I say this, when you play DOOM and you shoot a Bull demon, there is a BIG frigging difference between that and real life. What is it with stupid kids doing stupid things like this. It just shows you how cruel and childish the human race can be. Human nature at its worst. Its not possible for everyone to have the same views, but why hate someone just over who they are or what they think? Hate just seems to be what a lot of people run off of... My sympathies go out to all who were affected by the school shooting. Also I wish for Jeffrey May to fare well on the rode to recovery. Pretty brave to stand up to a gunmen with a pencil. I wish a good weekend to all who read this, and I hope newgrounds doesn't get hit too hard by the media about this.

pies4eva
pies4eva
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:50 PM Reply

I'm serious when I say this, but when I die I'm gonna take some people I hate with me. I would do it if some doctor said that I would die in 30 minutes or something, not when I'm ya know, dead, like I typed by accident, cause I'm stupid. I'm not insulting the case at hand just sayin' I wanna kill people...
Alright that sounded wierd.......... Me go gun store now...

BurningRiverStudio
BurningRiverStudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Programmer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 3/24/05 07:15 PM, Back_Door_Baron wrote: Hmmm.. I understand your need to alleviate the strain on your servers, but doesn't this make it seem like you are trying to benefit from a tragedy? Don't get me wrong-- I know that's not your modus opperandi, but do outsiders? The media can spin things however they want, and I'd just be a bit worried at how they might spin this.

If you see any online articles that make that insinuation, would you be so kind as to
respond to it, pointing out that if certain journalists hadn't mentioned NG in the first
place the staff of NG wouldn't have felt the need to do something to take the strain off
their database? Reasoned, polite responses like that make that potential "spin" do
a 180 and land back on their own crusty mugs.

"They are an inquisitive race, always anxious to pry into other mens' lives, but never ready to correct their own." -Augustine of Hippo

BBS Signature
ZeoIsGone
ZeoIsGone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 12:57 PM Reply

Guys, they need to take this off, and I feel strongly on this so I hope someones listening

There are tons of people who are close to ending their life, One of the best things in there mind is to make as much of an uproar and to be known when they go threw with it. Some are so depressed and don't even leave a note, but in their minds, they still get a kick out of the news storys that might be published of their deaths. If people relized that newgrounds might be a way to make public their intentions so that when they kill themself or do something horrible, we will have more than one of these situations happen again. I just had a friend of a friend comit suicide in lake michigan, after all the attention she got afterwards, the worsed fear people have is that more kids are gonna do it with a "maybe if I die, then you'll notice me" attitude. I'm not saying that people who die shouldn't get attention... but if we encourage to let people think about this too much, people will soon be making cartoons of stabing bosses and drowning wifes. Once it gets out to people that newgrounds could be an opertuinuity for them to "live on after death" and jeff now has, the susisidal people will be submiting stuff like crazy... this needs to be handeled in a better way at least

I think the toon should leave... but I understand it should be up for the media.... maybe we need to better explain it on the newgrounds notes, so that people don't continue to do this

Revenant
Revenant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 3/25/05 12:43 PM, ambrsia wrote: whats that video where a nerd gets beaten counter-strike complains on the clan's forums then goes into shcool on a shooting spree?

by mangot or something

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/171762

One of my favourite animations on Newgrounds =)

i think newgrounds is a pretty cool guy. eh makes falsh and doesn't afraid of anything.

BBS Signature
Sykoe
Sykoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:15 PM Reply

At 3/24/05 07:13 PM, WadeFulp wrote: After much debate we have decided to feature Jeff Weise's Flash entry, Target Practice on our front page. Now that the media is reporting Newgrounds.com as the site where Jeff posted his Flash entries we have had an increase in traffic. These visitors are heavily searching out Jeff's work so we have decided to make it easier for them to find. This will hopefully help alleviate the strain they are putting on our database server caused by their searches.

Jeff submitted these entries back in October of 2004. If you don't know who Jeff Weise is, pick up a US newspaper or check out this online article.

Hello. My name is Josh Robinson. This was very sad for me because I can remember April 20th 1999 crystal clear. If you all do not know what that day remembers, it was the day of the Columbine High School Shooting in which two teenagers from Littleton, Colorado walked into the school at 11:57 am and killed 11 people, along with taking their own lives. I hope something that involves a school never happens again. This was just too much. I could hear the gunshots going of at CHS because my elementary school at the time was 2 blocks away from the High School. Everyone was scared. We all got under the tables and started sobbing and weeping. Nobody knew what was going on. I don't know what was going through the heads of the people at Columbine or the people at the school of former student Jeff Weise. His submissions should have gave somebody at sign that this child needed some help.
-Josh-

RubberNinja
RubberNinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 3/25/05 11:03 AM, FoxyJ9 wrote:
You are ignorant.

Lol, you. Yeah.93326914

joshuaost
joshuaost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:23 PM Reply

Read this review and what Jeff Weise says back to him.

Reviewed by: FoxyJ9

Overall Score: 5
Umm... ok. Was that like a warning message? Hmm dude you need help badly.

Regret's response:
Lol, you obviously can't tell the difference between Fantasy and reality. This cartoon was made for nothing more than Random violence, and believe it or not theres an audience out there that this appeals to. So don't try judging my Mental health based upon a simple animation, capisce?

Pretty interesting.

Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:24 PM Reply

I think it's a good idea to put Target Practice on the front page basically because it's like you're saying, "Look, we have nothing to hide, there is his flash, look at it." The only bad part about it is that people are making abusive reviews that seem to talk more about him doing the killing and less about the flash.

( 5

Running up that hill....
": ( number goes here"

BBS Signature
Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:27 PM Reply

At 3/25/05 01:23 PM, joshuaost wrote: Read this review and what Jeff Weise says back to him.

Reviewed by: FoxyJ9

Overall Score: 5
Umm... ok. Was that like a warning message? Hmm dude you need help badly.

Regret's response:
Lol, you obviously can't tell the difference between Fantasy and reality. This cartoon was made for nothing more than Random violence, and believe it or not theres an audience out there that this appeals to. So don't try judging my Mental health based upon a simple animation, capisce?

Pretty interesting.

Yea, I find it pretty interesting too. He lied in that review obviously because he really did need help, and alot of it. Foxy was smart enough to even ask him if it was some sort of message, and it really was.

( 5

Running up that hill....

BBS Signature
CatTehBus
CatTehBus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:29 PM Reply

if everybody lived out the flashes they made by GOD! (thinks of Bity of Brakenwood)

totoum
totoum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:30 PM Reply

what is interesting in target practice is that the killer kills himself at the end, i haven't seen a ton of flash but out of the violent flash on NG do you know any other one where the killer kills himself(not by accident)?

just an afterthought

MalaNIsmo
MalaNIsmo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:40 PM Reply

i wanna say this so theres no confusion, it wasnt gun control that caused any of this. i heard somewhere that he killed his grandfather and he was a cop, so he also stole his gun and truck.
also, if the media dares come down on NG, foxy might just be the one to save it, because that shows there ARE normal OK people here.. and it shows that he wasnt trying to call out for help, he even gave us an "lol".
its more shocking to me to read the reviews and see the people who say stuff "to the author" because the dont know anything about all this. someone even asked to do a collab with him in a review, and yes it was after he had done the shooting.

Ibodal
Ibodal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:45 PM Reply

I love the suggestions put up here to help stop the violence on NG. Get the FBI after kids who make them, charge membership to verfiy age, etc.
If I am not mistaken, NG was put in place to showcase flash and make full use of our rights to freedom of speech. The tragedy wouldn't have changed if Jeff Weise's flash wasn't allowed to be seen by the public. In fact, the flash may have prevented him from carrying out any of his plans, even if for a little while. It is too bad that these people died, and though people saying that thousands die everyday and this is no big thing, it is a big thing. The second we start marginalizing and ignoring, is the second these events get worse. Violence has been, and unfortunately always will be a part of society and I don't believe that NG helps or hinders that fact. If the media portrays this site as the root of our children's problems, maybe they should take a look in the mirror. Who do you think portrays violence, and often mystifies or romanticizes it. The world is full of hypocrites. NG doesn't require flash submitters to have a set amount of violence, or limit the amount either, and that is the beauty of the site. It is what we make it, and the NG staff tries to keep things running smoothly. That's my rant, take it or leave it.

Method2k5
Method2k5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 01:59 PM Reply

Leave it. it wouldve happened if it wasnt seen. He had problems at he let them loose. Take or leave that

Method2k5
Method2k5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 3/25/05 01:59 PM, DrifterX2k4 wrote: Leave it. it wouldve happened if it wasnt seen. He had problems at he let them loose. Take or leave that

well i have screwed myself since i didnt read all of that last post.dont hurt me >.>

Toferkin
Toferkin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 02:30 PM Reply

On Jeff's submissions it says that they are there as historical documents. If this is really the case, then the voting bar for those submissions should be removed. If they really are historical documents, then it shouldnt matter what the vote is.
The point is people keep voting low on the entries just because of who the author is, and what the author did.

StevieP3000
StevieP3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 02:31 PM Reply

I think there will obviously be a lot of hype about this. I think the main thing to remember is this is a very good animation, graphically. The boy had talent in my opinion and its a shame he had problems in his life that made him do these horrible things. Possibly if someone in his life and nurtured these skills he could of gone on to live and full and happy life. To suggest this cartoon should have given anyone a sign to what he was going to do is moronic. Western media is full of violence and especially gun violence. In the animation he is seen shooting what appears to be a member of the KKK so it is not as though there are any indications of hate towards a minority which is surprising due to the link between him and nazism. This is obviously a horrendous thing that has happened however for certain people a brilliant opportunity to blame the media and control everybody more. Look a cartoon such as Tom and Jerry, not much difference really and to suggest newgrounds have something to do with this is ridiculous. I hope anybody else that feels the way Jeff did can speak out and get help before another tragedy like this happens, perhaps relaxed gun laws are to blame as apposed to cartoons.

Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 02:35 PM Reply

At 3/25/05 02:31 PM, StevieP3000 wrote: To suggest this cartoon should have given anyone a sign to what he was going to do is moronic.

Well, it gave Foxy a sign. If you don't know what I'm talking about, at the reviews and you'll see he responded to hers.

( 5

Running up that hill....

BBS Signature
Rated-R
Rated-R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 02:40 PM Reply

So you're comercializing a tragedie because there are more people visiting Newgrounds? sick.

StevieP3000
StevieP3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 02:42 PM Reply

I think there will obviously be a lot of hype about this. I think the main thing to remember is this is a very good animation, graphically. The boy had talent in my opinion and its a shame he had problems in his life that made him do these horrible things. Possibly if someone in his life and nurtured these skills he could of gone on to live and full and happy life. To suggest this cartoon should have given anyone a sign to what he was going to do is moronic. Western media is full of violence and especially gun violence. In the animation he is seen shooting what appears to be a member of the KKK so it is not as though there are any indications of hate towards a minority which is surprising due to the link between him and nazism. This is obviously a horrendous thing that has happened however for certain people a brilliant opportunity to blame the media and control everybody more. Look a cartoon such as Tom and Jerry, not much difference really and to suggest newgrounds have something to do with this is ridiculous. I hope anybody else that feels the way Jeff did can speak out and get help before another tragedy like this happens, perhaps relaxed gun laws are to blame as apposed to cartoons.

Myst
Myst
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 02:42 PM Reply

At 3/24/05 07:13 PM, WadeFulp wrote: After much debate we have decided to feature Jeff Weise's Flash entry, Target Practice on our front page. Now that the media is reporting Newgrounds.com as the site where Jeff posted his Flash entries we have had an increase in traffic. These visitors are heavily searching out Jeff's work so we have decided to make it easier for them to find. This will hopefully help alleviate the strain they are putting on our database server caused by their searches.

Jeff submitted these entries back in October of 2004. If you don't know who Jeff Weise is, pick up a US newspaper or check out this online article.

I understand some of the reasons that motivates you to put this on front page, but I still can't understant how you can do this. This guy's story is a real tragedy, it's pretty sick to put his animation on the front page because people are even sickier and want to see it, especially when it's a 30 seconds of pure free violence. On a moral point of view, I can't believe you promote this kind of content.

I guess you have a different point of view, you said you debated about putting it there or not, but have you really thought about the impression your choice gives? 'Cause from the way you've done it, it almost looked like newgrounds was "proud" of possessing this animation and was wanting everyone to see it. Do you truly want newgrounds to be flaggued as a violence's heaven where the kids get brainwashed with animations like this one, coming from someone who actually did what he has done in his movie? It's exactly what the medias will think, and so will do the population.

I think these movies should be deleted, for moral and newground's sakes.

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 3/25/05 02:42 PM, -Myst- wrote: I understand some of the reasons that motivates you to put this on front page, but I still can't understant how you can do this. This guy's story is a real tragedy, it's pretty sick to put his animation on the front page because people are even sickier and want to see it, especially when it's a 30 seconds of pure free violence. On a moral point of view, I can't believe you promote this kind of content.

Steve said it somewhere else - if people want to view it, they'll find it. The guys' NG username was posted on The Smoking Gun (and reposted on Fark, as well as other mainstream news sites) ages ago. Putting it on the front page just facilitates their finding it.

I think these movies should be deleted, for moral and newground's sakes.

Do you also think they should delete Livecorpse's movies?

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 3/25/05 02:42 PM, -Myst- wrote: I think these movies should be deleted, for moral and newground's sakes.

Screw morals. They're too ambiguous anyway. And Newgrounds is a place to showcase your art, so I don't see why they should deleted Weise's just because he was secretly very evil.

StevieP3000
StevieP3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 03:07 PM Reply

this cartoon does not promote hate in my opinion so i dont see why it should be deleted. If michael jackson is found guilty should we burn his music? should it be illegal to view it? i mean thats like 30 years of art. It is horrible what happened and people have to take responsibility for their actions so i am not making excuses for jeff im just saying i didnt know him, did you? i cant say why he did it but it was probably because he was very sick or because of the way he was raised. It may have been because he is 'evil' however i think thats just a bit of an easy way out for people to blame societies problems on an escape goat. There was probably a number of reasons for him doing this its a bit easy to blame it on the music he listens to or the cartoons he made. if the media want to have a go at newgerounds why shouldnt they defend themselves by showing them exactly what he made and how the website works.

JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Jeff Weise's Flash Mar. 25th, 2005 @ 03:10 PM Reply

Perhaps Wade you should add to the red writing note you put on the flash if they want to bitch about him as a person rather than "review" the flash they should post it in the JEff Weise thread in the BBS and provide a link, that way we dont have 1000 reviews saying you suck burn in hell with Hitler.

Im curious, has NG had an increase in the number of people signing up in the last few days?

I love how people write the reviews like they expect him to see them and get upset by them. Although one review was "does this mean no replies to reviews?".

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature