00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AcekillerX67 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Official Formula 1 Club

28,133 Views | 325 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 07:36:51

here it is! on demand, and more popular then i thought.

The F1 club!

discuss your fav teams, drivers and cars etc. enjoy

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 07:39:07

here is the link to the General topic, so that the melboourne stuff that were already said don't have to be repeated. http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=238860

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 07:41:34

I liked it better in General :(

I guess this should be here, though, since the thread is probably going to get pretty long.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 07:44:16

At 3/6/05 07:41 AM, Aapo_Joki wrote: I liked it better in General :(

I guess this should be here, though, since the thread is probably going to get pretty long.

well just keep going on in general too, like that more ppl will notice it. at least now there is a club too. problem with club n vrews is that ppl don't tend to watch over here.

but i also didn't wanted like: someone sees the general topic and makes F1 club just for no reason or even without interest.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 07:45:37

At 3/6/05 07:44 AM, deurwaarder wrote:

I don't know... we have the champions' league topic in General and that works fine...

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 07:49:16

At 3/6/05 07:36 AM, deurwaarder wrote: here it is! on demand, and more popular then i thought.

The F1 club!

discuss your fav teams, drivers and cars etc. enjoy

If you really want this club to stay going thewn you are gonna have to set down some rules n guidelines b/4 the mods see this

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 07:49:43

At 3/6/05 07:45 AM, jonthomson wrote:
At 3/6/05 07:44 AM, deurwaarder wrote:
I don't know... we have the champions' league topic in General and that works fine...

yeah true. for now i'll keep going in general, to let the masses know that F1 is back. speaking about CL, i cant wait till the return matches of psv and Porto

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 08:03:01

Okay, deurwaarder asked me to post this as he is busy watching the race, and has reached his post limit:

Rules

- No spam
- Don't come here jsut to say "omg F1 teh sux0r"
- Respect other ppl's opinions and prefrences in the game
- And most important: Folow the rules

Lets try to keep this a nice, clean and active club! breaking some of the rules various times can result in lockage of the club.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 09:17:55

the race is on at 3o clock on tv in ireland where i live.cant wait

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 10:05:04

baricelo! (spelling) all the way. Seeing schumacer win all the time makes me angry!

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-06 10:09:12

At 3/6/05 09:17 AM, -PYRO- wrote: the race is on at 3o clock on tv in ireland where i live.cant wait

yes, i just finished watching, comments in the general F1 thread.

baricelo! (spelling) all the way.

Barrichello

Seeing schumacer win all the time makes me angry

wel, he failed today

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2005-03-24 15:43:23

looks like we might actualy have a close champioship this year!

(i guess i can become a bandwaggon renault fan)

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-02 06:26:52

hey guys ill join! omg i am so fucking pissed today! the race was on and both cars from Ferrari came out=(

btw favourite drivers are Schumacher and Barichello!

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-02 06:32:39

hey cool club can i join? i watched the race today, fucken hell ferrari missed out but at least ma fave (Alonso) won :D

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-02 06:36:12

This seems a good idea I will join.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-03 03:13:38

At 4/2/06 06:36 AM, Wastedwizard wrote: This seems a good idea I will join.

yay! more action round here...did any of you watch the race in melbourne???

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-03 03:24:28

I will join. To me Formula 1 is not as cool as it used to be with all the stupid rules but I still love most forms of motorsport.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-03 08:43:36

Ok, let me in. I've been a fan of F1 for about 15 years and still love it. I want to see the McLarens do well, as I've always had a soft spot for them, but I don't mind seeing the Renaults at the front, because that means Schumacher isn't winning.

I don't like Schumacher, because he is arrogant, I much preffered Senna, who took criticism but also raced hard when the playing surface was even (see the amazing Senna - Prost duels for more info)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-03 09:03:21

I'll join, although I have to admit that I haven't seen a race this season. I'm way too busy lately, but as soon as I get the change I will watch it again. I don't really have a favorite team, I just like racers with guts like Raikonnen, Montoya & Alonso. I miss Sato a bit, it was always nice to see that kamikaze Japanese going.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-03 09:21:39

At 4/3/06 09:03 AM, -None- wrote: I'll join, although I have to admit that I haven't seen a race this season.

Well, it's off to Europe now, so it may work better for you to watch live races (I got up at 5.00am to watch the Aussie GP yesterday and I'm now feeling the after effects)

I miss Sato a bit, it was always nice to see that kamikaze Japanese going.

Sato still races, but for Team Super Aguri Racing. It is difficult to be kamikaze in an underpowered car though.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-04 03:27:40

At 4/3/06 08:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: I don't like Schumacher, because he is arrogant, I much preffered Senna, who took criticism but also raced hard when the playing surface was even (see the amazing Senna - Prost duels for more info)

I agree with you there. Senna was one of the boldest motherfuckers ever to step behind the wheel of a car, and that arguably was his final downfall.
R.I.P. Senna.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-04 04:20:48

At 4/4/06 03:27 AM, positively_negative wrote: I agree with you there. Senna was one of the boldest motherfuckers ever to step behind the wheel of a car, and that arguably was his final downfall.
R.I.P. Senna.

Still, with all the safety, the drivers should be driving the cars harder and making the racing more interesting these days.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-04 04:39:50

At 4/4/06 04:20 AM, Coop83 wrote: Still, with all the safety, the drivers should be driving the cars harder and making the racing more interesting these days.

Not your use of the word 'should' in your post. Modern Formula 1 has no real excitement in it. I say they ban all driver aids and have no other restrictions apart from safety of course.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-04 04:52:14

At 4/4/06 04:39 AM, positively_negative wrote: Not your use of the word 'should' in your post. Modern Formula 1 has no real excitement in it. I say they ban all driver aids and have no other restrictions apart from safety of course.

Not all driver aids should be banned. eg traction control should be limited for restriction of the engines in the pit lane. I like it when sometimes the drivers have to fight the car as well as each other for the win.

It's the only reason Schumacher won 7 titles.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-04 05:05:53

At 4/4/06 04:52 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/4/06 04:39 AM, positively_negative wrote: Not your use of the word 'should' in your post. Modern Formula 1 has no real excitement in it. I say they ban all driver aids and have no other restrictions apart from safety of course.
Not all driver aids should be banned. eg traction control should be limited for restriction of the engines in the pit lane. I like it when sometimes the drivers have to fight the car as well as each other for the win.

It's the only reason Schumacher won 7 titles.

Ok maybe not all driver aids but you get what I mean. Don't get me wrong, the current drivers are talented, but they only have to concentrate more or less on getting the car around faster than everyone else. Add keeping your car on the track as well and we have some real, exciting racing. And also we need to allow the teams to do what they need to so they can go faster. Formula 1 needs to allow things like flat bottomed race cars and turbo -charging as these are ment to be the fastest circuit racing cars in the world. Let them free!!

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-04 05:20:59

At 4/4/06 05:05 AM, positively_negative wrote: Ok maybe not all driver aids but you get what I mean. Don't get me wrong, the current drivers are talented, but they only have to concentrate more or less on getting the car around faster than everyone else.

F1 is working on keeping the costs down (letting more teams compete would be great) so anything which limits the budget of the works teams has to be good (losing those expensive electronics would be the decent thing to do)

Add keeping your car on the track as well and we have some real, exciting racing. And also we need to allow the teams to do what they need to so they can go faster. Formula 1 needs to allow things like flat bottomed race cars and turbo -charging as these are ment to be the fastest circuit racing cars in the world. Let them free!!

Giving F1 cars what they need to go faster will harm the smaller market teams. I think we need to see grids of 24 cars to make this sport really worth watching.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-04 05:39:20

At 4/4/06 05:20 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/4/06 05:05 AM, positively_negative wrote: Ok maybe not all driver aids but you get what I mean. Don't get me wrong, the current drivers are talented, but they only have to concentrate more or less on getting the car around faster than everyone else.
F1 is working on keeping the costs down (letting more teams compete would be great) so anything which limits the budget of the works teams has to be good (losing those expensive electronics would be the decent thing to do)

And it would make the drivers more than an overpaid chauffeur.

Add keeping your car on the track as well and we have some real, exciting racing. And also we need to allow the teams to do what they need to so they can go faster. Formula 1 needs to allow things like flat bottomed race cars and turbo -charging as these are ment to be the fastest circuit racing cars in the world. Let them free!!
Giving F1 cars what they need to go faster will harm the smaller market teams. I think we need to see grids of 24 cars to make this sport really worth watching.

There is also another way to make the sport more watchable and keep the costs down. It's called getting rid of Bernie Ecclestone. He is killing F1. And the teams spend shitloads of money to bend the rules anyway so why not let them go crazy? We need to making the rules more simple. F1 needs more teams. 24 cars still is not alot. there are 22 cars this season. we need about 28 cars. And we need to use more of the great tracks of the world like using the real Nurburg ring instead of a track to the side and Zandervoort, but Ecclestone's being a fuckwit and doing what he wants, not whats good for F1.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-04 06:21:40

At 4/4/06 05:39 AM, positively_negative wrote: And it would make the drivers more than an overpaid chauffeur.

You make it sound like they're actually being driven by a mechanic sitting in the back room on the PS2 or something similar. (Might be a decent excuse for Schumi :P)

There is also another way to make the sport more watchable and keep the costs down. It's called getting rid of Bernie Ecclestone. He is killing F1. And the teams spend shitloads of money to bend the rules anyway so why not let them go crazy? We need to making the rules more simple. F1 needs more teams. 24 cars still is not alot. there are 22 cars this season. we need about 28 cars.

You know that 24 is about the limit to the grid size, as any more and people start missing the cut for the race. The F1 rulebook stops people for racing when they exceed 107% of qualifying time (well, it used to) but that was a rule brough in to keep the grid sizes down.

And we need to use more of the great tracks of the world like using the real Nurburg ring instead of a track to the side and Zandervoort, but Ecclestone's being a fuckwit and doing what he wants, not whats good for F1.

The real nurburgring? you mean the 10 mile long track which hosted a GP with only about 14 laps? That could work.

I think we need tracks like Spa, Suzuka, Monaco (it wouldn't be F1 otherwise), but we need to limit it to ONE Italian and ONE German track (The San Marino and European GPs need to go)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-05 05:24:31

At 4/4/06 06:21 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/4/06 05:39 AM, positively_negative wrote: And it would make the drivers more than an overpaid chauffeur.
You make it sound like they're actually being driven by a mechanic sitting in the back room on the PS2 or something similar. (Might be a decent excuse for Schumi :P)

well whoever was driving him at the race in Melbourne deserves to be shot...they drive like shit lol...but i guess schumachers getting old now which is why his skill isnt so great.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2006-04-05 08:39:57

At 4/5/06 05:24 AM, LoStIe wrote: well whoever was driving him at the race in Melbourne deserves to be shot...they drive like shit lol...but i guess schumachers getting old now which is why his skill isnt so great.

His Ferrari was being driven on the ragged edge, he pushed too hard into the corner and it bounced him into the wall. THe same thing happened to Montoya (though he did recover to drive all of another 50 yards)

Ferrari isn't the dominant force it was 3 years ago, but they will be back to their best in Imola (Schumacher's 1st of 4 'home' GPs this year)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature