Respond to this Topic
Phantomstriker1
Phantomstriker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 18:17:19 Reply

More action flash's and games that be really great.

Tancrisism
Tancrisism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 20:34:57 Reply

The elimination of the Clocks.

I know this isn't realistic, but one can dream, right?

Fancy Signature

jeihh
jeihh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 20:55:59 Reply

~`Happy new years to you too !**`

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 21:20:48 Reply

I'll just mention a few.

New secrets. That would be really great, Tom. And make them good. None of this *********** stuff (censored because I cannot discuss secrets on the BBS).

New levels would be cool, that or an added way to get experience. I'm not too worried about that one though.

Finish Pico 2; it seems that a lot of people are waiting for its release.

Spice up the Audio Portal somehow. Even allowing audio reviews to be counted towards peoples' overall reviews could work, because more people would listen to the music in the Audio Portal and review.

Allow blammed flashes' reviews to be flagged as abusive. Even blammed authors have feelings, and abusive reviews in general should not be left alone, for some people write really stupid reviews if they know the flash is going to be blammed.

Make the BBS even slicker than it is now. I don't know how to do that exactly, but you have done it before (it looks different compared to 2 years ago).

Update profiles. This could be from changing the background of profiles (a black profile isn't the greatest looking; perhaps matching it with the BBS theme) to allowing users to record their favorite audio artists and songs. Maybe even more slick images for ranks in both level and blam/protect points (3D perhaps).

I know that I will have some spelling errors, and some of my writing will not make any sense. This is because I got some oil in my eyes, and they are watering. Also, I'm quite sure that I will come up with even more ideas some time later, but I could just post again if I do. Thanks for asking for peoples' suggestions!

BBS Signature
Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 21:23:14 Reply

At 1/4/05 09:20 PM, -king-o-games- wrote: Also, I'm quite sure that I will come up with even more ideas some time later, but I could just post again if I do.

Damnit, I already did! The "Add To Collection" button. Make that available, it sounds interesting!

BBS Signature
PhantomZero11
PhantomZero11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 21:26:27 Reply

Since i havnt read any other posts i dont know if it been said, but finish pico 2 already damn it! not a 2005 goal but more of a january goal man!

MystWilliams
MystWilliams
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 21:26:36 Reply

I feel that NG is already quite well layed out, but i do have a couple things i'd like to suggest.

Alot of people are asking to add more levels, i think it may be a good idea, but not too many. Someone said 60 and that is way too much. So some more levels would be nice, but not too many, because we don't want it too easy. Only dedicated NG users should be able to move past 30.

I wish reviews were taken more seriously. I put alot into my reviews and have been recognized for it by some animators because of it. However, i wish there was like a reviewer of the month or something where those who submitted something that month, from their Grounds Gold Account, could type in whoever they thought gave the best review, or something along those lines. Therefore those who don't comit to making flash, but comit to trying to help those improve can be recognized also.

First and foremost, worryabout your own needs before our petty requests. And please try and get Pico 2 done and Me and Dad before getting to technical with the site also.

My biggest request was the reviewers bit, i wish those who actually review well and try and improve and praise accordingly to animators in an appropriate fashion were somehow recognized. But i feel only those who submitted that week, or month, should have the right to vote for an awarded reviewer. I am not sure wha tthey could get, maybe a trphy i ntheir profile, or some extra exp, or their review could be placed on the front page... i am not sure, but it would be nice.

Ichiro3
Ichiro3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 22:16:20 Reply

At 1/4/05 08:34 PM, Pink_Floyd wrote: The elimination of the Clocks.

I know this isn't realistic, but one can dream, right?

screw elimination of the clocks man ... can't say i like them but i'd
rather have them on newgrounds then the all of those extremely crappy piconjo toons

FarthingRedFox
FarthingRedFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 23:02:18 Reply

the goals for NG in 2005 are....
more Kick Ass Clock movies
the demise of the Pube Muppets
more L337 Lock movies
and maybe show a ton of Compass Crew movies

ampedMIKAEL
ampedMIKAEL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 23:04:41 Reply

At 1/3/05 01:08 PM, -Myst- wrote: What about new levels? 60 would be a good number ;)

i agree with him, except, 60 is huge, maybe like 40 would be good. Also, i think, as well as many of my fellow newground friends, that it would be cool if the whistle levels that you earn also give you more voting power. That would give the users motivation for keeping the portal clean, and also give motivation NOT to whistle stuff that shouldnt be whistled. Its real simple, with every level of whistle that you gain, you earn an extra 2% voting power (and you can add it on to your blam/protect extra voting power). But with the garbage whistle, it goes down lets say 5% (since its harder to get a garbage whistle) So, yea that would be really cool, and it would, as i said b4, give many users motivation for becoming a part of the whistle system.
Thoughts???

marshmallow295
marshmallow295
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-04 23:43:57 Reply

i...i dont know....oh, well you could force DAVE to make more retarded animal babies, and as always picco 2.

xoblueplayaox
xoblueplayaox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 00:20:44 Reply

At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Happy New Years everyone! I was in the Pocono's for the weekend, but I've just updated the front page with some of the great submissions we received.

We have a lot of big goals for NG throughout 2005... Some of them carried over from 2004. What do you think should be a Newgrounds goal for 2005?

New goal: put my sucky movies on front page
if dat fat guy dancing got front page so can i!!!

Pepe8688
Pepe8688
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 01:00:18 Reply

the page should be more international, make a foreign lenguage version (spanish????????)

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 01:07:11 Reply

At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: We have a lot of big goals for NG throughout 2005... Some of them carried over from 2004. What do you think should be a Newgrounds goal for 2005?

sorry if someone might of posted this comment already, but i would like to see the flash game, 'dad & me'. it was supposedly in the works for while, but i havent heard much about it. i know you just got done, and are enjoying the success of alien hominid on the consoles, but it would be great to see that game come out some time in 2005...well...this year.
either that or someone get in touch with divine intervention's creator, the original was just so great and it would be awesome if there was a sequel. i know it aint going to happen, and i know the game is old, but i can dream at least.

Mr-Snrub
Mr-Snrub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 01:27:32 Reply

add more levels. like 20 more wouldn't be bad.

WorldOutkast
WorldOutkast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 03:21:36 Reply

At 1/4/05 09:20 PM, -king-o-games- wrote: Allow blammed flashes' reviews to be flagged as abusive. Even blammed authors have feelings, and abusive reviews in general should not be left alone, for some people write really stupid reviews if they know the flash is going to be blammed.

Make author's comments readable after a flash has been blammed.

godog
godog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 04:57:01 Reply

i'am a jackaroo.
happy new year to everyone

ALTACCOUNT
ALTACCOUNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 06:07:22 Reply

PICO 2! PICO 2! PICO 2!

FullyClothedMike
FullyClothedMike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 07:18:28 Reply

At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote:
What do you think should be a Newgrounds goal for 2005?

Purple Aura!
Yay!

j-ufo
j-ufo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 14:48:14 Reply

At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Happy New Years everyone!...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!!

We have a lot of big goals for NG throughout 2005... Some of them carried over from 2004. What do you think should be a Newgrounds goal for 2005?

a goalcould be to set up a tutorial page, then maybe some of we flash-losers (like me) can learn to use flash, and maybe submit som great animations :D

J-ufo (who would like to learn how to make some good animations)

BBS Signature
MaidenHead
MaidenHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 14:55:14 Reply

I know I'm being an echo here, but apparently Pico 2 would be a good thing to do. Although I'm not dying to see it, about a million people are. Don't dissapoint. And give here:

www.dec.org.uk if your from the UK

(I know thats against forum rules, but it's for charity so I figured you wouldn't mind)

evilbunny31
evilbunny31
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 17:45:24 Reply

And Happy birthday to me too!!!!!...well on new years eve...

Shock-X
Shock-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 17:46:33 Reply

I like the random submission button on the portal page. I think it would be cool if that button was on all the submission pages so I don't have to keep pressing the back button.

GeniusDaniBabe
GeniusDaniBabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 19:29:07 Reply

At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Happy new year to you to Tom

I think we need some new games on newgrounds. 2004 seemed to focus around flash movies. I don't know if this is far-fetched, but maybe animators should concetrate more on games rather than animations. We seem to already have an abundant supply of those.

Yes more games for us!!!
Also would someone make a dress up aimed at girls?
Yes us ladies want to have dress ups for us, somebody has to make one! Even if it's really crappy girls like to drool over naked guys just as much as guys do over girls. Animated or a real person either would be great and add more RPGs mabye a dating sim for girls to play. I have played every dress up and dating sim, even though I'm not a lesbian, no I do not hate lesbiens either, but I'm not one, even if guys created this site and they make up most members girls like some of the same stuff you do so do us a favor make more girl oriented RPGs, and Dress ups.

Vicious-WTFN
Vicious-WTFN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 23:15:33 Reply

At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: What do you think should be a Newgrounds goal for 2005?

delete newgrounds off the internet

MagicClock
MagicClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-05 23:17:53 Reply

At 1/5/05 11:15 PM, Vicious-WTFN wrote:
At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: What do you think should be a Newgrounds goal for 2005?
delete newgrounds off the internet

I support this movement.

clockcrewfan666
clockcrewfan666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-06 00:27:44 Reply

ha ha better not

RoboFrog
RoboFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-06 01:05:39 Reply

At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Happy New Years everyone! I was in the Pocono's for the weekend, but I've just updated the front page with some of the great submissions we received.

this is kinda of far off, but maybe make a online radio station.

smartkid
smartkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-06 01:58:06 Reply

MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!! MORE GAMES!!

confused-one617
confused-one617
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Happy New Years! 2005-01-06 03:04:44 Reply

I think one of the main goals of 2005 for ya should be to finish Pico 2, or to at least let everyone know what the status is. What happened to that? Another idea would be to look into the idea of making an Alien Hominid 2. I can't wait for that, if that actually happens.