What’s inside this box? A lot of puzzles! Can you solve all 30?4.07 / 5.00 11,687 Views
Use the mouse to navigate menus and to queue and cancel robot actions.3.71 / 5.00 3,858 Views
Made for the Adventure Jam 2016!3.75 / 5.00 3,531 Views
At 1/3/05 06:10 PM, Enoll wrote: Dear Santa Fulp.
-Forum mods that are on at that time of night/morning when
no currents ones are awake or on.
- Platinum accounts
Hell yeah Stamperized Profiles. With the Platinum Accounts people can perhaps pay $2 - $5 a year for a crapload of extra features.
And bring back the Popularity stat in the profiles!!
At 1/3/05 11:15 PM, UndercoverStudios wrote:At 1/3/05 06:10 PM, Enoll wrote:And bring back the Popularity stat in the profiles!!
people were clogging up the servers by clicking thier profile over and over again in hopes of raising the popularity of thierselves so tom and wade removed it.
Happy New Year even though it was ages ago
i wish you guys would like my toons i try hard and if you dont can you please help me make them
At 1/3/05 11:09 PM, UndercoverStudios wrote: There are 3 things that I have wanted on this site for a very long time.
1) More secrets in the secrets menu
3) One of my movies being placed on the Front Page
If these things happened I think myself, and many other hundreds of thousands of NG fans would be happy.
At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Happy New Years everyone! I was in the Pocono's for the weekend, but I've just updated the front page with some of the great submissions we received.
We have a lot of big goals for NG throughout 2005... Some of them carried over from 2004.
"Goal" for 2005 on Newgrounds:
A great idea for Newgrounds would be to create a system where you get more points on your account if you submit a legitimate flash and if you submit something really bad, deduct points. The points I refer to are the experience ones.
we must assemble an clone army and take over th... (Wade came along and slapped me behind my head).
lol just kidding. we should just do the things that we alway's do.
the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D
I did not draw the signature picture
on the instant messanging thing a chat room with sections
and i dunno what else could be set up pretty easy i think
and definately more games...rpgs...sinjid ^_^
Well, I have always thought a few modifications would be cool:
1. Perhaps you can make a user-nominated section on the front page. Not only do we vote to determine the overall score of a NG submission, but maybe we could also flag a movie/game for a front page nomination. I've seen a lot of great NG posts that haven't truly received the exposure they deserve. Have the server tally up the nominations at the end of the day and poof, there you go. Call it the NG Users Award or something.
2. More control over the Alpha's page. I think the Alphas Page has more potential than people think. Let us edit our Alpha page by adding updates, answering user questions/suggestions, polling what content users would like to see in the final piece (etc.). What would be sweet would be to see a kickass game/movie on the front page, discover that it has listing in NG Alphas, and have the oppurtunity to see how it was made and who influenced its creation. I have a blog that I use to show how my game, Master Lao VS the IRS, is coming along (http://www.mondomaniatrics.com/blog/masterlao). This is sort of an example that I'm talking about. Also, giving us the ability to delete an Alpha page would be good. Sometimes, projects just end up souring. There's no reason to keep people's hopes up for a dead feature. Hell, I've been waiting for Pico 2 since forever ;P.
3. More attention to flash developers. NG is frequented by thousands of talented artists and programmers every day. Why not add some forums that they can better relate to? An artist's corner to showcase talent (already mentioned earlier I think), advanced Actionscript for gaming, the Animator's corner (for featuring frame by frame showcases or how to's), backend programming, etc. NG is primarily used for displaying final projects. I'd like to see NG become more of a community where people come come to learn. Besides, the Flashkit forums are drying up fast.
4. It was a great idea in the past, but I don't know why you haven't gone through with it: An NG user account that we pay for. Everyone is entitled to a free Newgrounds. But, god damnit, if it takes paying two bucks a month for a special membership to keep the porn ads off of my machine at work then so be it. If you keep the cost low, the amount of people who enlist should outweigh the revenue you earn on the porn. Don't get me wrong, I love a little hentai now and then, but having the boss walk in on those bastard ads makes it too risky to watch NG at the office.
5. It'd be nice if I could be notified by email when people respond to my posts at the NG BBS.
6. This may be too much, but could you place a user preference in the profile to only view graphic ads? I have noticed that the flash ads can diminish or slow the playback on some movies.
7. This may sound pretentious, but it would be sweet to have an NG-elite section. This section is devoted to and can only be accessible by the top animators and game designers on NG. Only those who've scored a high average on all of their submissions; racked up a quota of daily trophies, exceeded a certain experience point level (9+) could view the site. Even if it's just a message board or a chat section. I'm sick of wading through hundreds of submissions/questions/comments made by noobs. God knows we're here for them, but sometimes I feel like kickin' it with the pros.
8. Purely for my own interests: Set up a notification system to let users know that they're about to watch a stick flick. I'm sorry, but I just can't STAND stick figure movies. Knowing about it before hand would really save some time on my end. Then again, some people LOVE stick flicks, so knowing that the movie/game they're about to view would get them even more excited.
That's about it. Wow, this post is long. Hope this inspires some new ideas. But please finish "Pico 2" and "Dad and Me" before getting side tracked by anything else.
Keep up the fantastic work!
At 1/3/05 03:31 PM, deck_head_tottie wrote:At 1/3/05 03:21 PM, Thumping wrote: less hentai porno banners.I haven't seen those in ages.
And anyway, you only see them if you look at 18+ rated material.
Yeah... YA HORNY LIL' PERV!!!!
Finishing PICO 2 has taken WAAAAAAAAAY too long.
At 1/3/05 03:21 PM, Thumping wrote: less hentai porno banners. Other than that, no complaints the site's running great and I'm a happy man.
Less banners and more "female-friendly" hentai... just a thought to all those artists out there...
Hey Tom you should make a Chrono Trigger collection this year. There's some awesome CT movies that have made front page (look at my sig "hint hint") and they aren't in a collection. But seriously, it would be great to have one.
My latest single is now availible on the iTunes music store! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/On -My-Mind-single
Check out my youtube channel youtube.com/Vinstigator
Happy New Year everybody!
At 1/4/05 03:41 AM, Elf-of-Earth wrote: Less banners and more "female-friendly" hentai... just a thought to all those artists out there...
I'll start drawing cartoon dicks right away.
Thought I wish everyone a late Happy New Year. And wanted to tell ya's your a bunch of talented people. Unlike me....lol!
At 1/3/05 01:19 PM, Aapo_Joki wrote: I'd like to see the Audio Portal improved. Also it would be great if we could display our favourite audio submissions and authors in our profiles.
Yes :) There are several audio portal artists whose profiles i have bookmarked. It would be great if we could put them in our profiles.
At 1/3/05 02:09 PM, DonDoli wrote: "Add to collection" thingy,
I'm really looking forward to that being finished.
Oh and the text search if you are feeling bored :D
I'm sure you're sick of people asking about the text search, I know it's a lot to ask for, but it would be appreciated a great deal if you could improve the search function. Not just with the added text search, but with some thread searches you type in a word eg: 'explosions', but if the title of a thread is 'explosion' it won't be listed. I guess it's only a matter of one letter, but sometimes it's a pain.
A front page award would be a great idea, including -if possible- all previous winners. So many people - including myself - post threads looking for movies/games that have been on the front page, it would be a wonderful thing to be able to just search through a list of the flashes that have been on the front page.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I've tried to make this suggestion before too, but like Mongoid said it'd be nice to have a section for the elite. You know, so the A+ serious artists can have serious discussions.
Also, more secrets would be nice.
Happy New Years!
Goals? Let's see.
1. A real NG MAG. Not the empty shell that's online. Either a frequently updated mag, maybe once a week or once a month. Or a real CMYK printed magazine with articles, highlights, upcoming projects, art, etc. Offered at a low annual subscription fee. fire will. If you're low on manpower I'm sure there are tons of people ready to jump at the opportunity to help. I can do some layouts for it if need be.
2. NG.TV or a Video Portal. Home Made MPEGS & WMF. Either a channel with streaming video of interviews, Will getting fired, NG content, or a portal where altered commercials or cartoons with new audio can go.
3. Give the whole NG Staff a raise. fire will. They deserve it. And Medical.
5. Keep holding contests, like "get will fired and win an Xbox". Anything that'll get people excited about making more entries is a good thing.
6. Delete the BBS. Instead, put a big picture of will getting fired.
7. NG Casino. Oh yeah, real poker, real money. fire will. And real smoke clogging up your lungs delivered through the speakers.
At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: We have a lot of big goals for NG throughout 2005... Some of them carried over from 2004. What do you think should be a Newgrounds goal for 2005?
Well, duh... Total World Domination, of course, why waste time and effort on anything less?
At 1/4/05 11:19 AM, Denvish wrote: Well, duh... Total World Domination, of course, why waste time and effort on anything less?
Have you or Wade ever considered running for President? I'm sure James would make an excellent Prime Minister...
Either a game of the day or a game of the week award or both.
Sometimes I just wanna play a game when I come here.
More mature forums, I mean you have a game that will most likely get big, and people will come here then leave when they see people say WTF u damn HAWTdog suXX0r.
At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: What do you think should be a Newgrounds goal for 2005?
1. WTF u damn HAWTdog suXX0r.
At 1/3/05 01:34 PM, IvanTuroc wrote: I would like to see more experience levels as well. And more B/P ranks.
Why your only lvl 9 it still would take 5 years to get to level 30 for joo. More b/p for higher percentage of VP naw. OR you what to see more pictures and have tom struggle to come up with more icons.
£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within
At 1/3/05 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: What do you think should be a Newgrounds goal for 2005?
Well, I think we should have MORE FLASH GAMES!!!! Lately, there's been TOO many flash movies! Yeah, they may be amusing and fun, but there is NO interactivity! I remember before (about 01' to 02' or 03') that there wasn't even much flash movies, just games. I've been to other sites but they don't have as much fun games, except at http://www.mofunzone.com or something. NEWGROUNDS NEEDS MORE GAMES (PERHAPS FLASH GAMES) IN 2005 AS AN IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!
I say you guys make a message system so that people can send private messages to others without having to bother somebody on AIM.
I think thats a good idea, I mean Alot of us are here on a regular basis and then we could message the creator of the flash ideas or sugestions.