00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Club

669,021 Views | 12,685 Replies

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 21:01:18

hmm, I wonder if I can put you guys to any use :)

I have an idea for a flash. First I would like to say nobody is getting coauthorship. The work the voice actor has to do in comparison to the animator is improportional. You would get in the credits though, and it's definitely something you have bragging rights for if you do decide to go through with it.

I need three people (all guys. No women roles in this movie. Maybe in the sequel if I decide to make one :P ). Can't have epilepsy or be prone to flashing lights.

Just contact me on AIM if you're interested. s/n is Nohimn01

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 21:26:14

At 3/7/05 09:01 PM, ZerostarX wrote: hmm, I wonder if I can put you guys to any use :)

Daily Toons pwn. I'll be happy to help if I'm the voice you're looking for.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 21:39:26

me too I'd like it :-D

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 21:50:38

Foxphere got one roll

I need two more people. Both have to have serious tones. Any takers?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 21:57:26

I'm interested, what should I do? Send voice samples? etc?

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 21:58:25

At 3/7/05 09:57 PM, Shock_Dingo wrote: I'm interested, what should I do? Send voice samples? etc?

contact me via AIM, fewel

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 22:13:17

alright, all of them are taken. I hope you all enjoy the movie when it is released! I'll be sure to mention this club in the credits :)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 01:20:51

At 3/7/05 08:21 PM, -CyberPunk- wrote:
At 3/7/05 04:56 AM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: http://www.geocities.com/akanechan04/LowVoices.mp3
I must admit that was pretty fucking awesome.

Aww thanks Cyber-san, I decided to make that to pwn that one guy :)
TripleArrow, I know how you feel.. :/

Anyway, we're up to 31 pages now. When I decided to start this club I thought no one would join. I guess I was wrong 0_o

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 01:31:59

And we have our own Roster. This has become a popular spot. :)
It's so great to see more and more flash works using voices.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 02:55:55

Lucien: Thanks for the backup, man! I notice you still haven't added your profile to the list though. Add it now! NOOOOOOOOOOW! O.o

KagomeHigurashi: Adding that as another download link to your extended profile! That's.... a lot of downloads.

-Frogs-: Thanks for taking charge of that! From now on you'll be the official "guy who takes care of your sampler uploading unto the internet" problems! Or something. Anyway, I'll be directing people with problems to you (on the roster page), so maybe you should write a FAQ to make things easier on yourself. And yes, having a roster list that actually IS made up of voiceover people would be nice, indeed! And I shall have to think of another curse that is not a hex! Or is that a contradiction?

Shock_Dingo: Veeeeeeeeeeeeeery nice. Glad I didn't have to delete your profile, cause you've got some major evil going on with your voice there. Nice job. Your profile will be added later (fo' real this time)

Isca: Yes, don't forget the roster. Never forget the roster! For the roster is....

RIGHT HERE!!!!! THE NEWGROUNDS' VOICE ACTING CLUB ROSTER!!!!! MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION POINTS EQUAL EXCITEMENT!!!!!

Man, that gets tiresome after a while. Anyway, an update on who's going to be culled from the roster.... Anyone with a "None" or "By Request" for the Samplers column of their Quick-Profile need to get something uploaded ASAP. For those with a "See Profile", it all depends if your profile contains movies or links to movies which can be used as a "voice sample". If it doesn't, then you're also gonna get culled by April.

Next update to the roster I'll be making the situation more obvious by typing out the list of people who need to get me a link to their voice sample, as well as marking the offending samplerless/resumeless profiles with a big bold red N/A. Which isn't a completely bad thing to have if it appears under the Resume column, but is a complete ALL KLAXONS SOUNDING RED ALERT RED ALERT if under the Samplers column. I guess I should be kind and actually EMAIL the people who are in the red..... Eh, I'll think about it. @_@

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 04:22:05

Do you think it would be a good idea for people to submit singing clips to the roster as well? Sometimes people need singers for flash; I recently got contacted for a singing role even though I haven't posted any XD
I'm planning to post up a singing clip once I can make a decent one X_x I'm also in the process of making a new resume seeing as hostinganime.com doesn't work anymore.

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 08:06:35

To the many voice actors of N.W grounds... your in luck I need lots of voices

1. Jamie- my best friend is to lazy to do his own voice...so its up for grabs he is dumb, dim witted, talks loads of rubbish and plays need for speed non-stop. he is 17
(why do I like him?)

2. Franco Zeffierla- a mob boss with a pet monkey.... Zeffierla a mob boss who likes to keep his friend near and enemies nearer, goes Goggoe over his pet monkey Vivi. I need a voice like off the gangster movies

3. Vivi- monkey... wanna have some fun? be a monkey

4. Stan- a jack of all trades... played monkey island? if so its Stan..! always there trying to take our hard eared Gil, bad shirts and has everything you need

5. Vicky Red- a poker player.... "taken"

6.Scott- "taken"

7. Axel- a car mechanic.... wanna car with guns, armour, spring loaded seats, cup holder and much more come see axel "the dude" and get your ride pimped

8. fight/poker/ect torment host- the guy with the rhymes... a very cool host

9. Knuckles.... the mussel.. hard man knuckles works for Zeffierla

10. Mugger 1-5... anyone... you want a line? go for this

11.Dixon.... an arties... s/he feels they must suffer for his/her art

12.Konoko- a hard hitting babe...2taken"

13.Mrs Smith- be fearful of her... the nastly head of the nitting lege and its S-m-I-th not sm-ith very evil old lady

14.Margut- smiths second.. as nasty as her leader

15.officer Hardcon- a bent copper.... when the law truns bad what ya gona do? this guy may look and talk nice but he can become nasty in a second

I haved some taken already but there is still alot left... now come feast
your friend and mine
Gamesdisk
E-mail/msn: scothardy25@hotmail.com
(I need the vivi soon)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 08:07:52

oh I missed a "t"

Email/Msn: scotthardy25@hotmail.com

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 11:05:30

sounds cool. Just listen to my voice sample, there is a link to my roster profile in my sig, that's where my voice sample is. Decide if I'm what you are looking for. Roles I'd be interested in are, Axel and Jamie. There is a line in the voice sample, "I've got guns of all kinds and they work fine!". I think maybe a similar voice would work for Axel? Anyway, if you think I'd be what you are looking for email me, my email is in my roster profile.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 12:09:28

*springes up* this looks too good to miss! I'll have to check this out! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 12:10:39

Wow I really would like to join this fine club. All my friends says I have a great voice and can make it sound stange. One thing though.... I dont know how to join. Should I only write my name and what voice I can sound like and then I'm a member?
....Yes A fine club indeed....

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 12:40:32

Hi, I believe you have to have a sample of your voice hosted, and a basic profile like gender, age range voice specialties and etc. I'm sure someone can correct me if I made any mistakes but I think that's pretty much it

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 12:52:28

These are the things you have to fill out. First of all, you MUST have a sample of your voice and the voices you can do and find a web host so we can hear it. Then just fill this out and post it.

-Your name or screen name
-Age range (not how old you actually are, but what ages you are able to sound like)
-Specialties (screaming, anime voices, monster voices, etc.)
-Resume URL (if you have one)
-Example(s) of your voice
-Ways to contact you

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 13:25:15

Screenname:DrFootball
Age range: 10 To 45
Specialties: Random Accents a few celbritys
Sorry i dont have any examples. But i can send a few on msn
E-Mail jamieamos002@hotmail.com
Add to msn or E-Mail

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 13:42:43

i wanna b in da roster, but the website that i tried ddnt work so is it possible that i can email my sample????

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 14:20:06

I need someone to do a high-pitched girl scream (11 year-old). As if their head caught on fire. I also need another scream, for later when she is running around in panic.

http://img74.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img74&image=test7bm.swf

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 15:56:32

Well, I did it everyone. I have reached a peak I never thought I would. I am being paid for a role!!! *dances* I just wanted to share the good news and dance around madly. Oooo, I'm so happy. I can't believe it!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 15:59:03

Congratulations! Even though I'm a n00b and don't know you well I'm happy for you

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 16:01:19

At 3/8/05 03:56 PM, Isca wrote: Well, I did it everyone. I have reached a peak I never thought I would. I am being paid for a role!!! *dances* I just wanted to share the good news and dance around madly. Oooo, I'm so happy. I can't believe it!

Who is paying you and what are you acting in? But anyway, WOW and CONGRATS! I wish I was good enough that people would pay me to va.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 16:03:34

At 3/8/05 04:01 PM, TripleArrow wrote:
Who is paying you and what are you acting in? But anyway, WOW and CONGRATS! I wish I was good enough that people would pay me to va.

I will be in a Radio Play called Object Permanece, produced by these lovely people: http://www.dwad.net/ Check out their site, they do a lot of great stuff.

I'm so excited. I never thought I'd ever be paid to voice act and now it's happened. ^_^ I finally get to throw the ol' donation box up on my site.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 16:04:34

At 3/8/05 03:56 PM, Isca wrote: Well, I did it everyone. I have reached a peak I never thought I would. I am being paid for a role!!! *dances* I just wanted to share the good news and dance around madly. Oooo, I'm so happy. I can't believe it!

When you spread good news, leave details :P Otherwise we are left in curiosity!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 16:06:13

At 3/8/05 04:04 PM, Astropuff wrote:
When you spread good news, leave details :P Otherwise we are left in curiosity!

Hehe, sorry Astro. I'm just so stunned. I'll be getting a dime per line, so around 8 dollars total. It's a great start for me.

Oh, and I would try to do your 11-year old scream, but my scream wouldn't match up with the girl's voice. Sorry. I'm still working on getting a good range with screams. :)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 16:13:30

Yeah, I tried to scream myself but apprently I've lost the ability since last year. I was saddened by the loss :(

I now realize that the girl's voice would be a wierd one to match with seeing that it sounds like she smokes or something. So I'll have to do some high-pitched manly screams for her :)

GL with the job, something quite good for your resume'

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 16:38:20

i cant scream, i could but then i woke up

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-08 17:29:33

parts left I need the monkey and stan

3. Vivi- monkey... wanna have some fun? be a monkey
4. Stan- a jack of all trades... played monkey island? if so its Stan..! always there trying to take our hard eared Gil wears bad shirts and has everything you need. tlaks very fast think used car sales man
5. Vicky Red- a poker player.... Isca (not set need to hear voice)
6.Scott- "taken" gamesdisk (well I did go and buy a mic)
8. fight/poker/ect torment host- the guy with the rhymes... a very cool host
9. Knuckles.... the mussel.. hard man knuckles works for Zeffierla
13.Mrs Smith- be fearful of her... the nastly head of the nitting leage and its S-m-I-th not sm-ith very evil old lady
14.Margut- smiths second..evil and second in the nitting leage shes greman
15.officer Hardcon- a bent copper.... when the law truns bad what ya gona do? this guy may look and talk nice but he can become nasty in a second

these are the parts taken I will let only one of shocks places be taken (coz he has three) but he is good so you will have to be super
1. Jamie- Shock_dingo/blade 4566
2. Franco Zeffierla- a mob boss with a pet monkey.... -frog-
7. Axel- a car mechanic.... Shock_dingo/blade 4566
11.Dixon.... an arties... Shock_dingo/blade 4566
12.Konoko- a hard hitting babe...KagomeHigurashi