00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

132,909 Views | 1,941 Replies

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-20 15:59:37

I've got layout version 9 implemented and live on the website. I've implemented the slideout panels for login and registration, and disabled the chatbox for now.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-21 14:23:18

I've changed the login system to a more long-lasting method. Now, there's a "Remember Me" checkbox that, when checked, makes your login last for 1 year (instead of until the end of your browsing session). There's a potential for login troubles if you've got older login cookies, however, so there's a note in the page header with a link for clearing these troublesome cookies.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-22 02:56:58

For those of you who are trolling. you know who you are -

Retrogade.dot.org Update; The forums are up and completely functional, the final layout for the forums(other then minor revisions) is complete and in place.
Current events; competition has been put up for the future logo of Retrogade, every one is eligible to compete.. it's an art website, cmon ?
site feedback is still open and active so your posts(no matter how useless) will remain to have a purpose until further notice =]
Next major change to the site will be profile pages, with shiny buttons and a section to tell people about yourself. snazzy

Note; These are the major changes and not the 1000000 changes SK makes a day with the massive coding process that is RG

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-23 19:13:39

At 12/22/10 02:56 AM, LethalDosage wrote: Next major change to the site will be profile pages, with shiny buttons and a section to tell people about yourself. snazzy

I've run into a small little snag with that. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon. :)

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-24 03:49:48

At 12/22/10 02:56 AM, LethalDosage wrote: For those of you who are trolling. you know who you are -

Who on earth could you be referring to?

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-26 18:56:46

Definitely not you you trolling little troll you

Merry Christmas Retrogade!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-31 09:06:37

is it a new flavor of gatorade ?
Yeah, Its a mix of the green kind and that purplish-blue kind. I don't remember the names thats no big deal.
At 11/25/04 01:18 PM, kreten2 wrote: But I will bump the shit out of this thread, and maybe it'll live... but whatever.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1718 90

The fruits of my skipping appointments and the like, reading useless 6 year old posts -

-X-

yeah.. I went there...

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-02 05:23:16

At 12/31/10 09:06 AM, LethalDosage wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1718 90

The fruits of my skipping appointments and the like, reading useless 6 year old posts -

-X-

An interesting read. Thank you.

-X-

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-04 19:17:54

Are you lazy? ShittyKitty intergrated Facebook with Retrogade. What does that mean for you? That means you can sign up using your Facebook account!

So simple. Go. Now. Register!

http://retrogade.org

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-04 21:54:12

Speaking of Facebook, do we have an RG Facebook Page?

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-05 06:58:51

At 1/4/11 09:54 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Speaking of Facebook, do we have an RG Facebook Page?

Yes we do. It hasn't been updated with anything yet. Until we get further into our Alpha stages, then we'll start preparing the Marketing plan.

Long story short, this is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Retrogade/

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-06 01:59:00

At 1/4/11 09:54 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Speaking of Facebook, do we have an RG Facebook Page?

pffftttt what a question! Of coarse we have a facebook page!

I highly suggest this method of registration.. lol... One, because SK just set it up like 5 seconds ago so why not ? Two, because you get to see pictures of all your secksay pals ;D (except for Quik cause he's not being a team player) and 3, if you do it now you get to pretend you're superly awesome and get to call people noobs who did it after you. "Naw noob, look at your facebook page, I totally liked Retrogade before you" +10 cool points.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-10 12:42:58

Now that Retrogade has a forum category and description system, I need suggestions for forum categories and forum names+descriptions. I'm not creative enough for that, so that's where you guys come in ;-)

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-11 20:56:45

I don't like forum descriptions and I don't think I should be allowed to come up with some of those forum names and categories. I'd end up changing most of them to the names we used on The Alliance for each forum.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-11 22:26:37

I love how you capitalize The Alliance <3

Aside from forum section suggestions, SK has added the forum tool allowing us to add and open up the forums fully. In a few days most of the forum sections should be added. Anyone who wants to start trolling RG while they troll NG, your wait is almost over =]

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-14 23:24:24

To celebrate my 4000th post... I have decided to post it here in RGs fine topic...for no reason other but to spam. Seems fitting as it took me some spamming in general to get here =]

Soooooooooo... take that NG! you dirty little bitch you.

With that said, I'd like to thank the little people - without you I would've never flamed so much in the past.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-18 20:42:16

Brilliant, I haven't been keeping up on the progress and it's back up, signed up now!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-19 18:04:27

At 1/18/11 08:42 PM, simon wrote: Brilliant, I haven't been keeping up on the progress and it's back up, signed up now!

Good to see another vet around. Things are pretty slow in terms of activity at the moment but a lot is happening progress wise.

Everyone is invited to come spam the forums. =]

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-20 02:26:25

At 7/31/08 12:34 PM, Bahamut wrote: I understand it can take a while to build a site like RG, but an update once in a while would have been nice.

While I was busy going through old retrogade posts (it's what I do) I found this post that inspired me to try and give a decent update on the progress of retrogade.

After a lengthy holiday break in which they fattened up for their winter hibernation, SK and QuikFox have been hard at work putting a lot of great stuff together.
Too name off a few quickly I put together a list below.

Coming soon (like real soon)
- The final layout will be put into place sometime in the next few days. (Most likely final.. <_<)
- Forum sections will be sorted out in the next few weeks.
- New logo, possibly final logo will be put into place in the next few days. Made by the great SDG.
- Contact page with our sexy faces plastered all over it. (Don't worry, they'll be caricatures, you don't have to look at our faces) in the next couple weeks.

Future features
- Huge milestones list.
- Site themes, colour choices and all that awesomeness.
- Tutorial section for PS and other art programs.
- Full compatibility with Facebook. (Can sign up for RG through Facebook already in place)
- Massive resource section to aide users.

This shit is happening this time. We're invested for a 5 year haul, minimum!
Yeah, that's right! We're marrying the bitch this time.

What can you do to support the cause ? Anything that involves being involved with Retrogade. You pick, just don't be a wall flower.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-22 03:00:14

At 1/20/11 02:26 AM, LethalDosage wrote: just don't be a wall flower.

Flowers are awfully pretty.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-22 12:25:06

At 1/22/11 03:00 AM, QuikFox wrote: Flowers are awfully pretty.

These are flowers that have been swallowed by a bush.
Though they bring orgasms to my sight receptacles'...Alas.. I cannot see them ='[

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-27 15:59:34

Hey everyone, quick post from myself to ensure things are going well.

We'd like to thank SDG for creating our new logo and personal avatars for our contact page.
You can view the new logo here:
http://bit.ly/i7uUyw

Quikfox has been designing the 10th version of Retrogade in it's 5 year history to reflect this new logo. It won't be moving away too far from the current design that's in place now, rather than building upon what's there.

ShittyKitty's been very busy coding the back end, and has quite a few features inserted already. Three months ago we were in a text based alpha with the very basic of code. He has now implemented a giant list of features and bug fixes that have come up.

The features we're planning for the next month will include the User Profile side of the website. Because artists are very creative, we'll be making sure that the profiles are as customizable as possible.

LethalDosage and myself have been working hard to ensure that you, the user, will get full benefits from using Retrogade. Hosting your art or programs isn't just for the sake of putting them online and walking away, we want to ensure that you're going to have a little bit of fun by helping out other artists with your tutorials or just uploading a cool, free font you saw on the web.

Finding other users with skills you need to finish that project will be another way to stay connected. We aren't just building nostalgia, we're building a community. A community where artists, programmers, photographers, anyone with an art passion to work together on projects, discuss or showcase their works, and be able to enter a friendly atmosphere where others are willing to help out others.

Retrogade is coming along nicely. The project is still on track and with the amazing work that Quikfox and ShittyKitty are doing, it's progressing much faster than any of us could have imagined.

Please come by and check out http://retrogade.org - any ideas you have can shape RG's future. I'm sure the older members would like to see some things come back as well somethings changed.

Cheers

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-27 16:02:56

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-29 10:29:16

February 14th, 2011

Yes sir! The big red one, the time for love....Valentines Day!

Actually..No.

It just so happens, RGs projected date for open BETA will be 2 weeks into February.

Of coarse, it could be a few days earlier or a few days later.

So get excited and shit.

Hope this doesn't put too much pressure on you SK ;]

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-30 17:35:02

I've gotten all of the old Retrogade submissions on the website, and they can be added to your account on request in this topic: http://retrogade.org/post/753 We'll have the portal up and running by the beta launch, so you'll be able to have any of your old submissions re-submitted to the new site!

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-01-30 18:00:26

I'm looking forward to the launch. :)

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-02-01 15:54:40

The new layout (version 10 of QF's work) has been completed and is now online for everyone to see! I've rewritten most of the Javascript behind the site, and utilized a lot of popup panels instead of separate pages for a number of features. It's awesome, go check it out!

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-02-01 17:33:10

I'm loving the new layout! Great work guys!

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-02-09 15:46:22

For easy reference, here's some useful links related to Retrogade.

- "Retro" Submission Tool (Find old RG submissions): Link

- Official Retrogade logo: Link Thanks goes to SDG.

- Retrogade Facebook page (Hit the like button): Link

- Retrogade Twitter page: Link

- Staff Avatars (Leave a critique): Link

- Site Feedback: Link

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2011-02-12 21:57:32

If you're still open to forum suggestions, what about having a music forum? I recall a music forum on the old RG and I'd like to see it on the new RG.