00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TechnoCookie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Basketball CrEw

163,900 Views | 1,871 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-09 04:21:41

Just a question: will Lebron leave the Heat like he did with the Cavs by announcing "The Decision" on national TV again in a few years if his championship drought continues? I think so!
Oh, the Heat lost again, they are turning to the laugh stocks of the NBA in a hurry.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-09 08:36:01

At 3/9/11 04:21 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Just a question: will Lebron leave the Heat like he did with the Cavs by announcing "The Decision" on national TV again in a few years if his championship drought continues? I think so!
Oh, the Heat lost again, they are turning to the laugh stocks of the NBA in a hurry.

The superiority over them is just laughable now.

American Basketball CrEw

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-09 09:11:29

Out of random curiosity I when to google "Blake Griffin is a draft bust" just to see how many people wrote him off when he got hurt last year.

You'd be surprised to see number of stupid articles from bleacherreport regarding that. Granted it's understandable if there's a concern but they practically wrote him off, not just due to the knee injury but the fact that the team that drafted him had a poor draft history.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-09 10:52:31

At 3/9/11 09:11 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Out of random curiosity I when to google "Blake Griffin is a draft bust" just to see how many people wrote him off when he got hurt last year.
You'd be surprised to see number of stupid articles from bleacherreport regarding that. Granted it's understandable if there's a concern but they practically wrote him off, not just due to the knee injury but the fact that the team that drafted him had a poor draft history.

The same group of so called "experts" picked the Heat to win more than 72 games in the regular season and capture the championship. What a joke!
I remember that Charles Barkley kissed a donkey's ass after Yao Ming dropped 30 points against the Lakers in 2002.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-13 18:39:01

I set up a group if you guys want to make some NCAA Tourney picks.

League name: Newgroundsdotcom
League ID: 75751
League pw: qwerty

Let me know if you want to allow only one bracket or up to three.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-13 22:18:04

At 3/9/11 08:36 AM, illuminate wrote: The superiority over them is just laughable now.

This whole season has only had three pages dedicated to it so far. So it's easy to go back and see some people thinking that the Heat would be some kind of mega unstoppable team. Now we're here and they're very beatable with the right set of guys, which the Bulls do have. And lately, the Bulls have been the top team in the East by a large margin. I couldn't be happier with how the season has gone so far and am looking forward to them making a run in the playoffs.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-14 04:25:10

At 7/8/10 11:41 PM, reverend wrote: I predict that there will be in-fighting when this 'team' doesn't live up to the hype between Wade and James because each of them will be wanting the ball. Seriously, who do you expect would want to take the last shot in the game when it's all on the line, James or Wade?

I was wrong about the in-fighting part, they rather cry than fight when it gets tough, but I was partially right on the fact they still don't know who is going to be 'the guy' who is going to take over towards the end of the game when they are behind.

Is it James or Wade; kind of an important question that needs to be answered before the playoffs start.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-15 10:27:29

1st Place get

American Basketball CrEw

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-15 17:33:52

Criticize a ref via Twitter, get sued.
Of course there is more details about it with the Defendant being AP writer, Jon Krawczynski who was watching a game between the Rockets and T-wolves and made this tweet:

"Ref Bill Spooner told Rambis he'd "get it back" after a bad call. Then he made an even worse call on Rockets. That's NBA officiating folks."

The ref was looked into by the NBA and found nothing wrong with his calls afterwards, but do you think it's fair for someone to get sued for such a casual tweet about a game and the officials?

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-03-16 19:05:13

At 3/15/11 05:33 PM, reverend wrote:

The ref was looked into by the NBA and found nothing wrong with his calls afterwards, but do you think it's fair for someone to get sued for such a casual tweet about a game and the officials?

That's the NBA for you, what did you expect?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-08 22:47:32

At 3/15/11 10:27 AM, illuminate wrote: 1st Place get

To be fair, I still think that the Bulls are one or two years away from winning the championship. A run to the Eastern Finals should be considered as a great achievement this season.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-16 15:07:48

Chicago v Indiana - Bulls
Orlando v Atlanta - Magic
Boston v New York - Celts
Miami v Philadelphia - Heatles
San Antonio v Memphis - Spurs
Oklahoma City v Denver - Thunder
Dallas v Portland - Trail Blazers
Los Angeles v New Orleans - Lakers

Bad sign when Chicago is down to the Pacers at the end of the 3rd. I'm sure they'll get it together but you would expect them to blow them out consider the talent they have.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-16 23:40:01

Lmao, Magic sucks!
Getting rid of Lewis is good, but replacing him with Arenas nullified the whole purpose of improving the team.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-17 00:59:03

Bulls, Hawks, Celts, Heat, Spurs, OKC, Lakers, Blazers.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-17 02:24:05

Chicago v Indiana - Bulls
Orlando v Atlanta - Magic
Boston v New York - Celtics
Miami v Philadelphia - Heat
San Antonio v Memphis - Spurs
Oklahoma City v Denver - Thunder
Dallas v Portland - Mavs
Los Angeles v New Orleans - Lakers

I know we're a game into it, but this is basically how I felt about each series before it all began. Picking Bulls vs Thunder as the Finals matchup that would be the more entertaining to see/the one I want the most to see.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-17 09:59:58

Chicago vs. Indiana - Bulls
Orlando vs. Atlanta - Magic
Boston vs. New York - Knicks
Miami vs. Philadelphia - Heats
San Antonio vs. Memphis - Spurs
Oklahoma City vs. Denver - Thunder
Dallas vs. Portland - Mavericks
Los Angeles vs. New Orleans - Lakers

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-17 11:21:50

At 3/15/11 10:27 AM, illuminate wrote: 1st Place get

Do not get too excited, the Bulls barely beat the Pacers at home.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-18 01:45:39

Lotta upsets so far; Hawks, Grizzlies, and Hornets all take game 1. One of the more interesting match-ups is the Nuggets/Thunder in my opinion.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-18 10:03:55

At 4/18/11 01:45 AM, Sispri wrote: One of the more interesting match-ups is the Nuggets/Thunder in my opinion.

Are you serious? The Thunders will kill the Nuggets, and I will be surprised if Denver wins ONE game. The most interesting match-up game should be Mavs/Blazers which has all the factors to be a seven-game series.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-18 18:20:17

At 4/18/11 10:03 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 4/18/11 01:45 AM, Sispri wrote: One of the more interesting match-ups is the Nuggets/Thunder in my opinion.
Are you serious? The Thunders will kill the Nuggets, and I will be surprised if Denver wins ONE game. The most interesting match-up game should be Mavs/Blazers which has all the factors to be a seven-game series.

Give Denver some credit, they're deeper than they appear. Also, Mavs? Please. These guys will be lucky to get out of the second round.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-18 23:43:09

This playoff season gives me hope that maybe the dominance of the Celtics and Lakers will finally slow down a bit. It's good to see some new teams like the Pacers and Sixers in there even if they're not expected to last.

Still upset the Bucks completely imploded from last year's playoff appearance but there's always next year. Right now I like the Bulls and the Thunder.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-19 10:34:29

At 4/18/11 06:20 PM, Sispri wrote: Give Denver some credit, they're deeper than they appear. Also, Mavs? Please. These guys will be lucky to get out of the second round.

I give them credit for making it to the playoffs after trading Anthony and Billups away, I just think that the lack of star power will undo them against the Thunders which have Durrant AND Westbrook.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-19 23:15:33

At 4/19/11 10:34 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: I give them credit for making it to the playoffs after trading Anthony and Billups away, I just think that the lack of star power will undo them against the Thunders which have Durrant AND Westbrook.

True, but at the very least I believe it will go to game 6. On another note, my Celtics found a way to pull game 2. Not our best couple of games, we got out-rebounded and honestly should have lost. Melo was nearly unstoppable once Amar'e left.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-21 11:11:38

At 4/19/11 11:15 PM, Sispri wrote: True, but at the very least I believe it will go to game 6. On another note, my Celtics found a way to pull game 2. Not our best couple of games, we got out-rebounded and honestly should have lost. Melo was nearly unstoppable once Amar'e left.

I will be very surprised if the Nuggets win ONE game in the playoffs, let alone two.
Talking about the Celtics, their title hope was gone after they traded Perkins to the Thunders. Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal are too old to get the job done defensively without help from Perkins. Jeff Green is an average player without Durant and Westbrook.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-21 18:49:35

D-Rose gonna troll some hoosiers tonight.

American Basketball CrEw

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-22 04:48:03

At 4/21/11 06:49 PM, illuminate wrote: D-Rose gonna troll some hoosiers tonight.

Stop milking all over the Bulls, they are not going to win the NBA championship this season.
NBA title winning teams do not struggle against sub .500 No 8 seeds, period.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-23 04:11:19

Shiny shoes, Mr Arenas!
My bet is that Howard will be heading to the Rockets in the offseason providing that Yao Ming is done.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-23 23:24:35

Heh, so the Pacers were able to keep a fourth quarter lead for once. I don't think it's going to do them much in game five, but it shows the Bulls are beatable.

Thunder got off to a shaky start, but they have regained the lead at the half. :)

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-24 06:13:08

At 4/21/11 06:49 PM, illuminate wrote: D-Rose gonna troll some hoosiers tonight.

lol, the Bulls lost to the Pacers. Oh, I also said that the Nuggets would struggle to win ONE game against the Thunders.
It feels good to be right. :)

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-04-24 16:03:41

What a comeback. I kind of like the Blazers as a dark horse in the west, particularly with the Lakers and Spurs playing as they are.

Aldridge is one of the more under-rated young players in the association IMO.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature