00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AmesPinkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Basketball CrEw

163,896 Views | 1,871 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-12 21:11:57

At 10/12/10 02:37 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 10/12/10 12:55 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Massive overstatement don't you think?
Stern's just happy because the Lebron "Decision" was the best thing that happened to the NBA in terms of getting people interested in a long time. More interest of course means more money and more money means statements like that.

Yeah, but keep in mind if the Heat don't win a championship...well I couldn't think of anything at the moment.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-12 22:04:57

At 10/12/10 09:11 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 10/12/10 02:37 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 10/12/10 12:55 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Massive overstatement don't you think?
Stern's just happy because the Lebron "Decision" was the best thing that happened to the NBA in terms of getting people interested in a long time. More interest of course means more money and more money means statements like that.
Yeah, but keep in mind if the Heat don't win a championship...well I couldn't think of anything at the moment.

Well we won't know what will happen until the playoffs which the Heat will almost surely make barring injuries, or out of the blue criminal charges. (Free Lebron! He didn't rape that woman!) If the Heat make the finals though, it won't matter if they win or lose. Most of the country will be tuned in to watch (most of them wanting the Heat to lose) and again you can see the dollar signs in David Stern's eyes.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-14 00:26:21

Here's to the Nets turning it around to make the playoffs this year.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-14 11:28:54

At 10/14/10 12:26 AM, Masculine wrote: Here's to the Nets turning it around to make the playoffs this year.

If the Nets even make a few games over .500, the coach should win the COTY award.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-15 11:41:44

Basketball tournament in 9 days.

Hnnng

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-15 16:00:07

I hope the Bulls will get Carmelo Anthony somehow, can't guarantee anything but still.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-15 17:38:31

Here's hoping the Bucks can compete this year

We're moving on up

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-19 16:40:01

Hey guys I just saw the globetrotters today and got a couple of pictures with them

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-19 23:03:19

At 10/19/10 04:40 PM, TacoFreak wrote: Hey guys I just saw the globetrotters today and got a couple of pictures with them

Did they do the old bucket of water trick?

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-20 10:20:36

Yeah! I didn't get splashed though because I was sitting in the 9th row or something

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-23 10:45:19

Awesome I can touch a 3.06 rim (from a 2 leg or 1 leg jump) and I'm 183cm tall (237cm reach). That's like a 70cm (27') vertical jump!

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-10-23 12:53:37

Can I join?
I like the Celtics.

And I now like Shaq. :3

Hi, I'm a teenager who draws. Call me Wocky.

My deviantArt | My Tumblr | My Pixiv

----

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-11-03 18:56:51

So Charlie Villanueva got all pissed because he said KG called him a "cancer patient" and that's offensive to people with cancer (Which I don't think is particularly true, because people going through chemo would probably agree that CV looks like he's been going through it because he has alopecia)...and KG replied, and I quote:

""My comment to Charlie Villanueva was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league,'" Garnett said. "I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure."

I lol'd.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-11-13 00:46:09

Have any of you guys picked up NBA Jam? It's so much fun to have Obama dunk on Hillary Clinton.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2010-12-11 22:13:13

I know it's early in the season and I'm not a Knicks fan but did those butt monkeys of NBA just became good so far?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-01-14 08:57:36

At 1/14/11 01:08 AM, Pixonimateo wrote: Miami loses two straight games and Lebron sits out his first game.

Sitting here in the swirling tornado that is Anthony to NJ trade winds, I feel that *voice gets lost in gale*

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-01-15 08:50:17

At 1/14/11 08:24 PM, Pixonimateo wrote: Yeah, I'm not really sure how 'Melo would fair with the Nets. Seems a bit out of place, I like him in Denver.

I saw an article about him on nba.com and thought about him teaming up with Blake Griffin in LA. That would be interesting, but I'd rather Griffin came to Denver and played with Melo :P

Still, I can dream - we sat the Heat down pretty well and we'll see how this works out with Melo. If we can get a team together that will win a championship, he might just stay... We may have blown that one, which is a shame.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-01-16 10:21:20

The Bulls go on to make it three losses in a row for the Heat and Bosh gets injured which will cause them more problems down the line. Good times.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-01-20 21:16:02

At 1/16/11 10:21 AM, 36Holla wrote: The Bulls go on to make it three losses in a row for the Heat and Bosh gets injured which will cause them more problems down the line. Good times.

Chicago's defense has significantly improved. Good for them. Can't say I feel sympathy for South Beach.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-10 14:46:53

Almost a month without a post... But this is worth a bump (if its true).

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/10/sloan -breaking/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

For the lazy... Jerry Sloan is apparently resigning. That's right, the Jazz will have a new head coach for the first time in quite a while.

I can't believe it, to be honest.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-10 17:57:56

At 2/10/11 02:46 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Almost a month without a post... But this is worth a bump (if its true).

For the lazy... Jerry Sloan is apparently resigning. That's right, the Jazz will have a new head coach for the first time in quite a while.

Wow, I never saw that coming - It's official now that Sloan has stepped aside. The local media are saying it's good timing, but it seems to me that they're trying to keep a level head on things, since they don't want to run around like headless chickens. 31-23 isn't an awful record, but it might help to stabilise the ship, before making a shot at the playoffs.

Ray Allen should become the all time 3 point king tonight, as the Celtics host the Lakers. Who better to break an NBA record against? Seriously, this guy is the model professional and it really does show the benefit of practice.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-10 21:37:53

RAY ALLEN: THE 3PT KING!

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-12 02:13:07

According to the website Did the Cavs win Last Night, the Cavs won!

Twenty six straight losses; a mark I'm sure the Cavs will break again in no time. :P

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-17 19:55:14

My high school's basketball team has a chance to become league champions tomorrow. All we have to do is win tomorrow's game against a team that's 6-12 and we'll win our first league championship since 1981. It's pretty exciting stuff.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-21 23:11:02

Carmelo is going to the Knicks. ... finally.

I still don't know why he wants to go there, since the Knicks, as they are, still can't beat the top four in the East.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-22 08:46:01

At 2/21/11 11:11 PM, reverend wrote: Carmelo is going to the Knicks. ... finally.

I still don't know why he wants to go there, since the Knicks, as they are, still can't beat the top four in the East.

I was hoping that he'll go to the Bulls, oh well.

The next thing the Knicks need to do is to extend his contract.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-25 22:49:46

At 2/17/11 07:55 PM, puddinN64 wrote: My high school's basketball team has a chance to become league champions tomorrow. All we have to do is win tomorrow's game against a team that's 6-12 and we'll win our first league championship since 1981. It's pretty exciting stuff.

If anyone cared about it, my school's team ended up winning the game and became conference champions. Tomorrow we're going to be playing against a local school for the first post-season match-up. A loss will send our boys home for the rest of the season. It's intense stuff. I'm really hoping they make it to the state championship this year.

Oh and here's a photo I took of the crowd during the game. We have some awesome fan support.

American Basketball CrEw

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-25 23:02:08

At 2/22/11 08:46 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: The next thing the Knicks need to do is to extend his contract.

dunno man, he can't play defense for shit.. just look at tonight's loss

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-26 06:38:59

At 2/21/11 11:11 PM, reverend wrote: Carmelo is going to the Knicks. ... finally.

Apparently, because they have a shot at winning a championship. Only time will tell. Shame, I'll miss him and move on.

Speaking of which, there was a robbery yesterday, with Portland stealing a win from us, 107-106. It was our game to lose and we found a way. The feeling seems to be mutual with both teams playing at Pepsi Center at the moment :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2011-02-27 00:36:29

At 2/25/11 10:49 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I'm really hoping they make it to the state championship this year.

Well, looks like that dream is never going to be realized. My boys lost to a team with a record of 7-13. It was embarrassing. I'm heart-broken.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature