00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4DottorTette7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,009,908 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 20:32:34

At 8/19/08 08:28 PM, jew193 wrote:
At 8/19/08 12:34 PM, Truth wrote: Also let's see if anyone here can beat my record on Target Test Level 5
My time: 14.07
Did you save the video on that? How in the hell did you do that? And with who?

I did it with Pit, and yes i do have it saved.
But that's not all. Im pretty sure i can surpass that record and maybe beat it in 12 seconds.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 20:39:02

Alright!
The SSBC Team Tourney's coming, but I need to know a couple of things.

When does the tournament start?
How many people are involved so far?
What rules are there?

Oh, and I want to make sure I've added everyone here. If you haven't added me yet, PM me.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 20:41:21

At 8/19/08 08:32 PM, Truth wrote:
At 8/19/08 08:28 PM, jew193 wrote:
At 8/19/08 12:34 PM, Truth wrote: Also let's see if anyone here can beat my record on Target Test Level 5
My time: 14.07
Did you save the video on that? How in the hell did you do that? And with who?
I did it with Pit, and yes i do have it saved.
But that's not all. Im pretty sure i can surpass that record and maybe beat it in 12 seconds.

...I just did it with Pit and it took ~30 seconds, I messed up a couple of times with his arrows. How the hell did you get 14 seconds?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 20:49:19

At 8/19/08 08:41 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote:
...I just did it with Pit and it took ~30 seconds, I messed up a couple of times with his arrows. How the hell did you get 14 seconds?

I think i used his arrows for most of the targets, i didn't use the cracker launcher and i threw the sword hitting the last two

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 20:51:45

At 8/19/08 08:39 PM, ninjakoopa-33 wrote:
When does the tournament start?

Soon, not really sure

How many people are involved so far?

check here

What rules are there?

We haven't made any ground rules yet, but I suggest using the following rules

-4Stock
-No items
-Team attack On
-Best 2 out of 3
Levels allowed: Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 1, Battlefield

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 20:53:15

At 8/19/08 08:49 PM, Truth wrote:
At 8/19/08 08:41 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote:
I think i used his arrows for most of the targets, i didn't use the cracker launcher and i threw the sword hitting the last two

Yeah I know, I just did it a couple more times and shaved it down to 18 seconds. But still, how do you get only 14?

The order I'm doing it is: Shoot up (1), shoot left (2), jump and shoot the one to the right of the cracker launcher (3), land and then walk off and hit the one there (4), jump over to the one on the left (5), fastfall and shoot the one to the left of the spikes (6), jump up, grab the beamsword, jump to the right, nair the target through the wall (7), fastfall and throw the beamsword at the two to the left (8+9), then shoot up (10).

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 21:00:48

At 8/19/08 08:51 PM, Truth wrote: We haven't made any ground rules yet, but I suggest using the following rules

-4Stock
-No items
-Team attack On
-Best 2 out of 3
Levels allowed: Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 1, Battlefield

I agree with the first 2 and the 4th one, but why should Team Attack be on? I've gotten more wins than I should've because the other team kept killing themselves (silly Ikes...), and won't that encourage the spamming of G&W's Oil Panic and Ness/Lucas's PSI Magnets? Also, what's wrong with Luigi's Mansion or Temple? Those two don't have any stage hazards either. Technically, neither do Electroplankton or Yoshi's Island or whatever from Melee, but I don't really like those.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 21:48:39

Dangit bobbyjoe, do you have to keep camping? It is the most annoying thing EVER! I can't stand it!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 21:58:15

At 8/19/08 09:48 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: Dangit bobbyjoe, do you have to keep camping? It is the most annoying thing EVER! I can't stand it!

So's your Wario Bike, but who cares? You don't use it all the time, but it's still taking up a majority of the attacks you use on me, and the fact that Wario has guard frames is really irritating too. And explain what camping is to me please? Is that where you just stand in one place and shoot, like you did with Falco? If so, sorry, I usually don't realize what I'm doing while I'm in a Brawl; mainly I just do a bunch of actions and don't really give a thought about them.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 22:00:59

At 8/19/08 09:00 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote: why should Team Attack be on?

Real team battles have team attack on. It's such a standard to every team tourney, just like how there are no items, on neutral stages.

I've gotten more wins than I should've because the other team kept killing themselves (silly Ikes...),

People shouldn't hit their teammate anyway.

and won't that encourage the spamming of G&W's Oil Panic

G&W for Team Top Tier! But seriously, if you let the other team fill the bucket, then don't complain about it hitting you.

and Ness/Lucas's PSI Magnets?

Big deal they heal the teammate. Only one teammate can be healed at a time. They won't recover alot in short time. Plus, that's a STRATEGY.
If team attack is off, this will happen:
Mindless spamming behind your teammate (No skill, no strategy). If one teammate lost all of their stocks, it's almost impossible to win, since both are trying to attack you at the same time. Once you counter one attack, another is going to hit you right away. It's unrealistic.

Also, I start school tomorrow, so I won't be brawling often.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 22:04:46

At 8/19/08 09:58 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote:
At 8/19/08 09:48 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: Dangit bobbyjoe, do you have to keep camping? It is the most annoying thing EVER! I can't stand it!
So's your Wario Bike, but who cares? You don't use it all the time, but it's still taking up a majority of the attacks you use on me, and the fact that Wario has guard frames is really irritating too. And explain what camping is to me please? Is that where you just stand in one place and shoot, like you did with Falco? If so, sorry, I usually don't realize what I'm doing while I'm in a Brawl; mainly I just do a bunch of actions and don't really give a thought about them.

I use the Wario bike because it absorbs projectiles, to stop most camping. I normally only camp when I get irritated at some other guy that keeps also camps. Kind of like an eye for an eye. Otherwise, I try to attack up close and get in the other character's face. I won't deny that you're good, but don't overdo the projectiles. Perhaps I need to improve on my ability to beat camping, though, too.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 22:13:34

So.... has the tourney started yet?

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 22:15:03

At 8/19/08 10:00 PM, verycoolguy wrote: Real team battles have team attack on. It's such a standard to every team tourney, just like how there are no items, on neutral stages.

Suppose it makes sense...

People shouldn't hit their teammate anyway.

Shouldn't, but still do.

G&W for Team Top Tier! But seriously, if you let the other team fill the bucket, then don't complain about it hitting you.

Disagree with how it's your fault if the other team fills it, but whatever...

Big deal they heal the teammate. Only one teammate can be healed at a time. They won't recover alot in short time. Plus, that's a STRATEGY.

True, it'll take a long time for one person to heal a decent amount, and what happens to the second person?

If team attack is off, this will happen:
Mindless spamming behind your teammate (No skill, no strategy). If one teammate lost all of their stocks, it's almost impossible to win, since both are trying to attack you at the same time. Once you counter one attack, another is going to hit you right away. It's unrealistic.

Mindless spamming: Yeah, I'd say that'd be bad for the other team...
Almost impossible? I used to do that with my friends, 3 vs 1, and most of the time I would win. Then again, they were a lot worse than I was. Everyone here is giving me a challenge, so I don't think I'd be winning very much here.

Also, I start school tomorrow, so I won't be brawling often.

Ah, school. Only thing I like about school is that it gives me an opportunity to talk with my friends.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 22:25:27

At 8/19/08 10:04 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: I use the Wario bike because it absorbs projectiles, to stop most camping. I normally only camp when I get irritated at some other guy that keeps also camps. Kind of like an eye for an eye. Otherwise, I try to attack up close and get in the other character's face. I won't deny that you're good, but don't overdo the projectiles. Perhaps I need to improve on my ability to beat camping, though, too.

Yeah, usually when my friends start spamming lasers or something at me, I just No Contest and go back in with the character they're using to see how they like it.

I usually try not to use projectiles unless it's to stop someone from getting back to the edge (notice how I usually don't grab the ledge to stop you from getting it?), but sometimes I use one or two, then that leads to...a lot.

You might want to try practicing that, since there's a fair amount of people who like to spam things from one side of the screen. My recommendation would be to just get someone with a reflector, absorber, or counter, and just use that to ward off the moves until you can get close enough to hit them.

And also, you're pretty good with Wario (not with the Bike). The Bike's good, but it can get destroyed pretty easily, and you might accidentally grab it and fall off the edge with no chance for recovering. And then there's also the fact that you use spotdodges and grabs, which I have yet to master. Even so, I rarely use them anyway.

And finally, curse you and your use of Falco's chain grab. I always hate having to get out of those.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 22:33:39

At 8/19/08 10:25 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote: And finally, curse you and your use of Falco's chain grab. I always hate having to get out of those.

Lol, that's nearly impossible to get out of if you fall fairly fast, such as Cpt Falcon and Fox. Though floatier characters can get out of it really easily, so it's not infallible.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 22:43:56

At 8/19/08 10:25 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote: Yeah, usually when my friends start spamming lasers or something at me, I just No Contest and go back in with the character they're using to see how they like it.

I usually try not to use projectiles unless it's to stop someone from getting back to the edge (notice how I usually don't grab the ledge to stop you from getting it?), but sometimes I use one or two, then that leads to...a lot.

You might want to try practicing that, since there's a fair amount of people who like to spam things from one side of the screen. My recommendation would be to just get someone with a reflector, absorber, or counter, and just use that to ward off the moves until you can get close enough to hit them.

And also, you're pretty good with Wario (not with the Bike). The Bike's good, but it can get destroyed pretty easily, and you might accidentally grab it and fall off the edge with no chance for recovering. And then there's also the fact that you use spotdodges and grabs, which I have yet to master. Even so, I rarely use them anyway.

And finally, curse you and your use of Falco's chain grab. I always hate having to get out of those.

The bike can get destroyed, but that's a good point about it. Since the enemy hits the bike, or accidentally picks it up when I'm near it, it helps me get in more moves. Also, I never grab the bike because it just wastes time, I'd much rather eat it. A lot of people tell me that I'm best with Wario, but I still use Ike the most because I feel that I can master him eventually.

I'm no good with most characters with reflectors or absorbers, except for Wario and his bike, if that counts. Oh, and if you want to get out of Falco's chaingrab, Marth's Up B, Wario's Up B, and a few other moves from various characters can escape it.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 23:04:12

At 8/19/08 10:43 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: The bike can get destroyed, but that's a good point about it. Since the enemy hits the bike, or accidentally picks it up when I'm near it, it helps me get in more moves. Also, I never grab the bike because it just wastes time, I'd much rather eat it. A lot of people tell me that I'm best with Wario, but I still use Ike the most because I feel that I can master him eventually.

Why would you even bother eating it? It's not like it heals anything. And why don't you try to master both? I'm trying to get the hang of every character (although not master them all, that'd take a while).

For Ike, most of the time, you jumped and did a uair with him when I was trying to recover, and usually missed cause I was higher up. Instead, since Ike usually can't reach high enough for people like Kirby or Pit, use an Aether near the edge. It'll most likely catch anyone if you get within range, and there's a chance that they might get slammed down and knocked out if you land the final hit.

I'm no good with most characters with reflectors or absorbers, except for Wario and his bike, if that counts. Oh, and if you want to get out of Falco's chaingrab, Marth's Up B, Wario's Up B, and a few other moves from various characters can escape it.

Well, if that doesn't suit you, then you can always just jump around in the air and airdodge as much as you can. Might still get hit by a couple things when landing, but it's better than standing and taking it. And I know you can get out of chain grabs if you use a couple character's Up B's or if the character is light/floaty, but Ike obviously couldn't Aether or Quick Draw out of the way, and he's definitely not floaty.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-19 23:48:30

At 8/19/08 11:04 PM, mrbobbyjoe wrote:
At 8/19/08 10:43 PM, Grade-Zero wrote: The bike can get destroyed, but that's a good point about it. Since the enemy hits the bike, or accidentally picks it up when I'm near it, it helps me get in more moves. Also, I never grab the bike because it just wastes time, I'd much rather eat it. A lot of people tell me that I'm best with Wario, but I still use Ike the most because I feel that I can master him eventually.
Why would you even bother eating it? It's not like it heals anything. And why don't you try to master both? I'm trying to get the hang of every character (although not master them all, that'd take a while).

For Ike, most of the time, you jumped and did a uair with him when I was trying to recover, and usually missed cause I was higher up. Instead, since Ike usually can't reach high enough for people like Kirby or Pit, use an Aether near the edge. It'll most likely catch anyone if you get within range, and there's a chance that they might get slammed down and knocked out if you land the final hit.

I feel like I'm pretty good with Wario for the most part, although I still have some troubles that'll be fixed through practice. And as for the eating the bike, it's useful for getting rid of it quickly without weakening any of my attacks. Plus, it allows me to get another bike out for when I'll need it next.

I don't use Aether because it can be easily airdodged. Not only that, but Aether has crappy knockback.
Up air lasts a while, and has good knockback. I only really use it for intimidation, though.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 05:57:54

A question about the tourney, do we have to play in teams? Can't we just all go solo?
Since I've NEVER played a team battle in my life before, I'd like to play solo.

Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything..

Brawl FC: 0903 - 4175 - 3638

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters because I love Photoshop =3

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 10:48:32

Anyone want to Brawl? I'll be online soon.

Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 13:22:23

At 8/20/08 05:57 AM, Nikenick wrote: A question about the tourney, do we have to play in teams? Can't we just all go solo?

Wait for the singles tourney then.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 13:36:01

At 8/20/08 05:57 AM, Nikenick wrote: A question about the tourney, do we have to play in teams? Can't we just all go solo?

Well if you've never played one in your life, now's a chance for you to play in one. Besides, wouldn't just playing free for all matches get boring eventually?

Also, Team Attack is supposedly going to be on, meaning you can hit your teammate. Think of it as a free for all where you don't want to kill a certain person for whatever reason you might have.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 14:27:40

hey, kRaZyAzN here. I won't be back until Thursday. Oh, and some guy gave me this alt. His main was rob522. He made a topic that he was giving away his account, I instantly responded. I logged in with the password that he provided then I changed the password, but not the email. A lot of people PMing me calling me nasty words because I had gotten the account first. But he reset the password by making the email dealy. But somehow he fucked it up and now no one can get into the account. But, he gave me this alt. Still not the same as stealing someone's main though...

Anyways, I'm here. Anyone want to brawl?

d

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 14:35:35

At 8/20/08 02:27 PM, abusedhousewife wrote: Anyways, I'm here. Anyone want to brawl?

Maybe later, abused housewife. and stop getting banned!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 14:37:19

At 8/20/08 02:35 PM, Truth wrote:
At 8/20/08 02:27 PM, abusedhousewife wrote: Anyways, I'm here. Anyone want to brawl?
Maybe later, abused housewife. and stop getting banned!

I try not to. Nice sword btw.

d

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 14:43:02

At 8/20/08 02:27 PM, abusedhousewife wrote: hey, kRaZyAzN here. I won't be back until Thursday.

that could get u deleted ! >:U

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 14:44:00

At 8/20/08 02:43 PM, loogiesquared wrote:
At 8/20/08 02:27 PM, abusedhousewife wrote: hey, kRaZyAzN here. I won't be back until Thursday.

shh.. shutup.

d

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 14:55:05

At 8/20/08 02:44 PM, abusedhousewife wrote:
At 8/20/08 02:43 PM, loogiesquared wrote:
shh.. shutup.

8X

At 8/20/08 10:48 AM, RyanKajito wrote: Anyone want to Brawl? I'll be online soon.

i didd, sorry, but i had another "RYAN" in mycontacts, so i meant, "fuck you" to HIM.

2 vs. 1 FTW? of course.

At 8/19/08 12:06 PM, Truth wrote: *sigh* Loogie, why were you attacking Azn when he was on your team? And then you two continuously switch around to different teams.

And who kept quitting?

i didn't quit the whole time ... and.... LOL, i killed AZN!!! =3 =3 =3

An now, introducing the "Show us your Set-Up" competition, just take a pic of the place you play brawl. then post it here! (and MS Paint it so we know what we're looking at... =/)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 15:06:39

At 8/20/08 02:55 PM, loogiesquared wrote:

An now, introducing the "Show us your Set-Up" competition, just take a pic of the place you play brawl. then post it here! (and MS Paint it so we know what we're looking at... =/)

Ok, but you should go first, since you introduced it. I'll find a good camera later.

OMG, what did you do to my poor little nana? She was traumitized. Unresponsive. lol, whenever she gets separated from popo then the AI makes her go back to him. This time she just stood there...

d

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-08-20 15:10:43

At 8/20/08 02:27 PM, abusedhousewife wrote:
Anyways, I'm here. Anyone want to brawl?

I see you on, I'm on now too.
I'll drink and eat something and then I'll brawl you!

Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything..

Brawl FC: 0903 - 4175 - 3638

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters because I love Photoshop =3

BBS Signature