00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

chris3342001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat

4,389 Views | 181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-07 03:26:46

I still dont understand what the point of having a mini general on an art forum is, especially if theres going to specifically be pressure not to talk about stuff that doesnt directly deserve its own thread. Not that im exactly chomping at the bit to change chzyzyrzycxzys mind about anything, provided we're being civil it should at least be allowed. I could at least understand being told to take it to DM's, but being told on an art forum to stop talking about art/the site/how to get scouted feels silly. You're silly.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-07 04:10:32

At 4/7/24 03:26 AM, Template88 wrote: I still dont understand what the point of having a mini general on an art forum is, especially if theres going to specifically be pressure not to talk about stuff that doesnt directly deserve its own thread. Not that im exactly chomping at the bit to change chzyzyrzycxzys mind about anything, provided we're being civil it should at least be allowed. I could at least understand being told to take it to DM's, but being told on an art forum to stop talking about art/the site/how to get scouted feels silly. You're silly.

Ok, take it to PMs. This thread is an off-topic one, and that user has already made a vent thread in clubs and crews.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-07 06:23:55

Hell yeah

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-07 13:47:08

At 4/4/24 03:38 AM, OviManic wrote: To you traditional artists, lemme ask you somethin’!
Has anyone ever made one art piece using ALL of the sketch pencils in your set? Because I have a set and I only use 3 at most!

Yes i have mongol 1,2 and 3. I use it all in every drawing that i made since last year

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-07 19:44:23

Total eclipse is tomorrow in the USA.

Take care not to burn your retinas from looking at it. I knew a guy that was dared to look at an eclipse without those special shades and he nearly went blind.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-07 23:46:55

I looked directly at the last eclipse and I am fine, dont believe it when people say you need glasses to look at them, they just dont want you to see the new colors

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-08 05:18:07

At 4/4/24 03:38 AM, OviManic wrote: To you traditional artists, lemme ask you somethin’!
Has anyone ever made one art piece using ALL of the sketch pencils in your set? Because I have a set and I only use 3 at most!

I just use whatever pencil I can find laying around in class

i need to update my signature image

i draw

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-08 16:56:23

I find them useful if I'm doing sweaty renders or scenes with diff brightness objects. But yeah its pretty redundant for general sketching.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-08 16:57:29

At 4/4/24 04:12 PM, SourCherryJack wrote:
At 4/4/24 07:38 AM, xeiavica wrote: I'm really going bonkers right now for drawing and sketching in ink.
I’ve always been a major supporter of using cheap bic pens for art. They have a surprisingly large range of potential lineweight and value variance, a unique texture, and the aesthetic - even when executed to a professional level - is relatable to any audience on closer inspection of the textures.

Dip pen >>>

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-08 22:31:57

At 4/5/24 12:15 PM, OviManic wrote: Here’s a curious question:

As a digital artist, what is your preferred dimensions to start a piece? It doesn’t have to be the dimensions of the end product: just your comfort document size when beginning fresh.

Mine’s is between 1,000 to 1,600 pxls max: big enough to potentially make a splash page or a scene but not big to the point where the default brush sizes become too small and errors can easily be missed.

On the occasion I do digital art, It's usually around 1000px.

Ever had to knock on wood? 'Cuz I know someone who had.

BBS Signature

At 4/4/24 07:38 AM, xeiavica wrote: I'm really going bonkers right now for drawing and sketching in ink.
I’ve always been a major supporter of using cheap bic pens for art. They have a surprisingly large range of potential lineweight and value variance, a unique texture, and the aesthetic - even when executed to a professional level - is relatable to any audience on closer inspection of the textures.

Cheap pens are the best tool for lineart if you're a highschooler doodling in class. I'm speaking from my teenage experience.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-09 01:11:58

At 4/8/24 10:33 PM, CIGG wrote:
Cheap pens are the best tool for lineart if you're a highschooler doodling in class. I'm speaking from my teenage experience.

Anything that makes a consistent line without skips or blotting is good enough, yeah. It's good for observational drawings because the permanence really makes you think before committing more lines. That, or it just becomes a careless mess, but eyy.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-09 16:02:21

It's easy to have fun when you have realistic expectations. I'm just right now, practicing poses from the marvel comics book and having a blast. Getting variety of positions such as reclined, firing a weapon, crouching, or punching forward. These aren't meant to be proportionally accurate, not right now they're not meant to be.

iu_1187173_20436071.png

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-10 17:38:16

Master studies tips? I want to draw slightly more stylized.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-10 20:30:41

Are Ovimaniac and Thetageist the same person? Why are their account icons almost exactly the same?

iu_1187724_2341174.jpg

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-11 20:20:36

At 4/10/24 08:30 PM, Template88 wrote: Are Ovimaniac and Thetageist the same person? Why are their account icons almost exactly the same?

One is an imposter. Like Among Us from the hit game Among Us

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-12 14:10:57

At 3/30/24 02:06 PM, vlsrb wrote: A big fat YES to a topic like this! Not gonna lie, I'll probably just pop by now and then to talk about music I'm currently into.

With that in mind, if you enjoy electronic or dance music, I warmly recommend the debut solo album of Belgian producer Bolis Pupul, Letter to Yu, which came out earlier this month. The Yu in the title refers to his mother, Hong Kong born Yu Wei Wun, who died in a car accident in 2008. The album engages with the idea that, now that his mother is gone, he has to build his own relationship with the culture she hailed from. There's some ridiculously danceable beats throughout the album, but also a few genuinely moving moments hiding between the more upbeat songs. One of my personal highlights is "Ma Tau Wai Road", featuring his sister Salah.

Damn, thanks for the heads up 2 weeks later. I loved his and Charlotte Adigéry's album Topical Dancer, played it a lot in 2022.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-12 17:15:26

What are effective ways to practice art and drawing. There are so many different things and makes it overbearing/overwhelming on knowing what I should be practicing.

At 4/12/24 02:10 PM, Spags wrote: Damn, thanks for the heads up 2 weeks later. I loved his and Charlotte Adigéry's album Topical Dancer, played it a lot in 2022.

You're quite welcome! Letter to Yu has left such a positive impression on me that I started digging through his older stuff, so of course I came across Topical dancer as well. Terrific batch of songs, will definitely download that album as well.

Thinking back, off in the distance, the future shone everywhere we looked

Underneath the beautiful blue sky

We were just a little bit afraid

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-13 18:08:02

Hey guys look at this cool drink I haven't had in forever

iu_1188996_12978769.webp

Hai art thread

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-13 19:33:14

At 4/13/24 06:08 PM, BroSkullEmoji wrote: Hey guys look at this cool drink I haven't had in forever

fuck yeah, that shit be good just like strawberry nesquik

♡︎Married To Boomhauer and Rusty Shackleford♡︎

🪶🧡🐈‍⬛Cherokee/Apache Princess and Queen Of Egypt🧡🪶🐈‍⬛

Redcornpilled🌽💖Professional Yandere 🔪🫀🩸💕💋

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-14 01:28:55

Hiiiii!!!! My name’s Grimm and I’m like,,,, super new to Newgrounds and uninformed on the culture n stuff n how everything works lol. I’m basically just posting this to say hi! Also if anyone knows any rlly cool artists to follow plz suggest them to me! :3

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-14 12:22:02

At 4/12/24 05:15 PM, xeiavica wrote: What are effective ways to practice art and drawing. There are so many different things and makes it overbearing/overwhelming on knowing what I should be practicing.

watch this apply to the models here quickposes.com(nsfw)

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-14 13:12:56

I'm thinking about planes taking off from a runway. I've always assumed planes takeoff and land in the same direction but that sounds very stupid. If a plane has to takeoff from the north but needs to go south, it would have to do a maneuver to turn south. I looked it up and yes, it is stupid and inefficient, planes will takeoff whichever direction is easier. This thought ruined an idea I had for an animation.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-15 18:45:54

At 4/13/24 07:33 PM, Vampfairyx wrote:
At 4/13/24 06:08 PM, BroSkullEmoji wrote: Hey guys look at this cool drink I haven't had in forever

Hells to the yeah, I know my day’s gonna be awesome when I have one of these bad boys 🤘🤘

iu_1189939_17703774.jpg

Slightly related, because it’s still a drink, has anyone had a Yakult before? And if so, do you like them?

iu_1189940_17703774.jpg

I love them, but I’ve never met anyone else who does.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-15 21:21:17

At 4/15/24 06:45 PM, MondoBilby wrote:
At 4/13/24 07:33 PM, Vampfairyx wrote:
Hells to the yeah, I know my day’s gonna be awesome when I have one of these bad boys 🤘🤘

Slightly related, because it’s still a drink, has anyone had a Yakult before? And if so, do you like them?

Aw yeah these are the shit

i need to update my signature image

i draw

BBS Signature

Sorry for the ramble, but I got accepted into my first and second choice of college for animation.

And just today, I got an email that I got an 1,000 Scholarship for the upcoming fall and spring semester for my 2nd choice.

1st choice is more well known for animation in my state, but they unfortunately ran out of housing and the tuition is more expensive. But this scholarship from my 2nd choice is making me more inclined to attend over there.

I have a few weeks to think about this, but overall I’m really happy about everything and my life right now

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-17 07:54:25

At 4/13/24 06:08 PM, BroSkullEmoji wrote:

eeyup! love yakult, but it sucks that they only come in tiny bottles. i tried this offbrand one and the taste was absolute dogshit ngl. too sweet and artificial. accept no substitute!

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-17 11:24:33

At 4/17/24 02:50 AM, Eldritchsaxes wrote: Sorry for the ramble, but I got accepted into my first and second choice of college for animation.

And just today, I got an email that I got an 1,000 Scholarship for the upcoming fall and spring semester for my 2nd choice.

1st choice is more well known for animation in my state, but they unfortunately ran out of housing and the tuition is more expensive. But this scholarship from my 2nd choice is making me more inclined to attend over there.

I have a few weeks to think about this, but overall I’m really happy about everything and my life right now

From a random person on the internet, that is quite incredible news. Wish you a lot of good in the command of your life from here on out, with good luck and strength for the tougher times and fun where you can find, make and share it.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-04-19 13:58:10

This is a scam! Don’t buy this!

iu_1191710_8152063.jpg

They BARELY taste like cherry!

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature