00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tsuki124 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

38,692 Views | 561 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-19 07:56:55

Hello! I was banned for posting a remix which I know understand how it violates the rules and apologise for my errors. I want to take down my other remixes and focus on posting just original music but I can't do either due to the ban. I was wondering if I would be able to have my ban reversed or shortened so I can post original music again. I also can't find the length of my ban anywhere. Thank you for reading.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-22 16:35:29 (edited 2022-02-22 16:36:51)

hello,

my song "whack" a (frankly terrible song) was flagged to be similar to a song called "Mad for the Lost", by Jilesh Thilakan

although they sound nothing alike ("whack" uses stock samples and loops in fl studio)

please remove the song and unban me, as it is frankly terrible and i made it as a shitpost.

original sc upload here and Appeal link here

squid gamez

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-22 16:37:14

At 2/22/22 04:35 PM, Bloatedloaf wrote: please remove the song

I've dealt with this, you should have a new M-Bot private message

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-26 15:19:10 (edited 2022-02-26 15:20:01)

Yo. I tried posting a remix of a song, but somebody apparently copyrighted the original on YT. (also i accidentally closed the appeal lol, i'm new to this.)

Here's the appeal:

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/16417

This is what it was content ID'd as: (not even the original creator lmao)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alCxhtL_pbY&ab_channel=MADDERFAKA-Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-26 18:32:48

I recently purchased Kurokotei's Galaxy Collapse from https://kurokotei.bandcamp.com/track/galaxy-collapse and was trying to add it on GD, but reasonably enough I was banned for copyright. I have done the appeal process, but was confused whether I did it right or not. I have the receipt for the digital copy with proof of purchase on my email (oneyjaden@gmail.com) and was wondering if you could help fix this issue and add this BEAUTIFUL song to the game. I also intend on adding Flamewall by Camellia which I purchased as well. But if it does happen to be included in GD, make sure the creator of the work is added as the author instead of me, because its not my original work.

iu_561723_10410632.webp

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-26 18:39:51

At 2/26/22 06:32 PM, FrostGamingZ wrote: I recently purchased Kurokotei's Galaxy Collapse and was trying to add it on GD [...] was wondering if you could help fix this issue and add this BEAUTIFUL song to the game.

1. You are not allowed to upload music that your yourself did not create. That is covered in the first two points of the plain-speak audio guidelines you agreed to when trying to upload the music, namely:

Do not upload music you did not make because you want to use it in Geometry Dash.

Do not upload audio that you did not create and have full rights to.

2. Newgrounds, its Staff and Moderators, do not add music into third party software

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-26 18:44:34

I understand, but is it possible to disregard the music unban my account. Dont worry, I won't try to post licenced music again lol

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-26 18:49:53

At 2/26/22 06:44 PM, FrostGamingZ wrote: I understand, but is it possible to disregard the music unban my account. Dont worry, I won't try to post licenced music again lol

No, you broke the terms of use. You also declared intent to do it again. I see no value or purpose in unbanning someone who broke the rules so blatantly.

Attempts to get around this via a new account will result in the removal of both accounts, and likely an IP ban which would probably impact the ability to draw NG music into GD.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-02-26 20:22:01 (edited 2022-02-26 20:24:25)

I made a beat with fart noises and stuff, but it got copyrighted. It doesnt even sound like the copyrighted songs given to me. PLEASE HELPiu_561841_10396356.webp

heres the appeal link Appeal #17113 (newgrounds.com)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-04 07:06:54

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Peregrinus wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

I uploaded a cover that was copyrighted and I can't delete it i want to delete it

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-09 06:40:09

At 3/9/22 06:29 AM, QTupe wrote: Hello, I was wondering if I filled my appeal should I click Close Case to submit it?

No, that moves it from our "pending" pile to "resolved".

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-12 16:02:42 (edited 2022-03-12 16:04:24)

happened to me, but it was bizarre because it was my first song on the site. My account is "UnlyAxes", and when that happened, I gave up and didn't log in anymore. I wanted to know if I can do something to remove this >unfair< ban.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-12 18:15:44

At 3/12/22 04:02 PM, DeepNoozer wrote: happened to me, but it was bizarre because it was my first song on the site. My account is "UnlyAxes", and when that happened, I gave up and didn't log in anymore. I wanted to know if I can do something to remove this >unfair< ban.

So which account are you wanting to use. Technically both are now in the bad books as you're ban evading on DeepNoozer

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-12 22:27:09

I wanted to use UnlyAxes. I created a song, and got a copyright because of another RANDOM song. check this out for me, I really want to post a new song but I can't. please

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-17 05:50:59

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Peregrinus wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Hello, I wanted to post this little track just for fun, to learn how to write dubstep, but I was accused of copyright infringement, although my crap does not look like this track. What to do?

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/18919

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-22 20:25:38

AFAIC, this is a bug. i cant upload music without it being held up for a week or so under a "Ban". i can edit art work, write descriptions, anything because of this hold.

now on the 1st upload, ok, i get it. new users or whatever. but after upload #2, it just becomes a pest. I am march to the sea uploading as march to the sea. this should be known by now, we've gone through this already

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-22 20:29:30

At 3/22/22 08:25 PM, March-To-The-Sea wrote: AFAIC, this is a bug. i cant upload music without it being held up for a week or so under a "Ban". i can edit art work, write descriptions, anything because of this hold.

now on the 1st upload, ok, i get it. new users or whatever. but after upload #2, it just becomes a pest. I am march to the sea uploading as march to the sea. this should be known by now, we've gone through this already

Not a bug. It'll scan each one of your uploads until you're scouted. Gonna stone two birds at once here...

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-25 15:14:04

I uploaded my own remix of "Fresh" By kawaisprite, and I have been banned for "posting stolen or otherwise unsuitable content". I was very confused because when uploading the audio I made sure to select that it was a "remix/cover" of an existing song, and even linked the original by kawaisprite.

If you would like to hear the audio for yourself, here is my upload on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06bQnedFKvk

I understand why the bot may have banned me, but I did not just record the original song and put stuff over the top, the entire instrumental, and vocals, were done all myself, with instruments from my music software (LMMS) with only the sound effects like the "ah yeahs" and a very short part of the vocals being sampled to give it the feel of the original, around the 0:23 second mark. I could understand maybe the bot picked up that the instrumental was very similar, but I did not just rip kawaisprites music and put vocals over the top, it was all remade myself, a screenshot is attached below to show that I did indeed make this using various different tracks and notes, and that it was not just a quick midi upload and resoundfont or a complete theft of work.

iu_585965_9373817.webp

(apologies if it looks messy or strange, I am not really great at professional layouts, I have a way that works for me, so I just stick with that, hopefully this is valid evidence)

This was my first ever upload to newgrounds, and I didn't intend to be uploading anymore covers or remixes, instead just my own stuff, so this really caught me off guard. I would normally have just let the ban play out, but there is no specified date on the ban, and as I'm new, I'm unsure if this is normal or I am permanently banned.

If I am rightfully banned, then I do apologise, as this is my first time ever uploading something to newgrounds, so it was quite the shock. I have indeed read the rules, I may have just misunderstood something. I wont ask for an unban if I did indeed break the rules and do something serious, but I do apologise for doing so if that is the case, and I will make sure to take note of this next time.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-28 13:37:40

Hey here's my appeal for the song I got banned for. It was copyright issues because I have used a drum kit that just sounds similar. I haven't stolen anything in this :(

Here's the link to the appeal https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/20009

And here's the original link to where I first posted it

https://www.bandlab.com/detroid79/untitled-1a5366ea?revId=a224c63b-44c3-ea11-9b05-501ac51f5e37

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-29 22:16:22

I just didn't read the rules. I just wanted to make the nightcore version of wilbur's theme, and now i found out that it was somebody else's song. i shouldn't have done this :;( pls unban me, i wont do this again

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-29 22:39:48

And sorry i just forgot to send an appeal

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-29 23:22:33

ok nvm i actually dont how to send an appeal and im sorry for that

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-30 06:41:10 (edited 2022-03-30 06:41:36)

At 3/29/22 10:16 PM, XpertXtreme wrote: I just didn't read the rules.

You were provided opportunities to do so during the upload process. Ignorance of the rules is not a defence.

At 3/29/22 11:22 PM, XpertXtreme wrote: i actually dont how to send an appeal and im sorry for that

Appeal links don't apply when the ban was levied by a human moderator. You wait for the ban to expire.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-30 16:39:45

I won't post more on here because I don't want to spam ask, I was just curious if there is somewhere I am meant to appeal, as it was one of the requirements, but I can't seem to find any place to make a ban appeal other than here. Any help would be appreciated.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-30 16:54:39

At 3/30/22 04:39 PM, JamJarIsDumb wrote: I won't post more on here because I don't want to spam ask, I was just curious if there is somewhere I am meant to appeal, as it was one of the requirements, but I can't seem to find any place to make a ban appeal other than here. Any help would be appreciated.

Yours was referred to the mod who banned you. Generally we prefer the mod to review their own work.

It's in progress

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-30 18:18:18

At 3/30/22 04:54 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 3/30/22 04:39 PM, JamJarIsDumb wrote: I won't post more on here because I don't want to spam ask, I was just curious if there is somewhere I am meant to appeal, as it was one of the requirements, but I can't seem to find any place to make a ban appeal other than here. Any help would be appreciated.
Yours was referred to the mod who banned you. Generally we prefer the mod to review their own work.

It's in progress

Ah thank you, I am still new to all of this, I appreciate the help

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-31 17:33:06

At 2/22/22 04:37 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 2/22/22 04:35 PM, Bloatedloaf wrote: please remove the song
I've dealt with this, you should have a new M-Bot private message

my thing should be unbanned now (it's after the 25 of march) but I'm still banned (can't upload music)

please help,

Bloatedloaf

squid gamez

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-03-31 18:04:05

At 3/31/22 05:33 PM, Bloatedloaf wrote: my thing should be unbanned now (it's after the 25 of march) but I'm still banned (can't upload music)

Whatever it was didn't apply right. Should be good now.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-03 14:08:13

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

Be polite.

I accidently closed the case on my song I used non copyrighted drum samples and vocal samples and white noise uplifters and downlifters samples and i got my samples from cymatics starter pack dubstep and I got flagged by "MotherShip by Twistar" When it might have used the same samples. But the youtube video I made with the song did not get flagged So I dont know here is the link to the song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tljuuzzx54 If I get unbanned I will upload the VIP and non-VIP version.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-04-04 16:39:49

At 4/3/22 02:08 PM, FortCrafter wrote:
At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

Be polite.
I accidently closed the case on my song I used non copyrighted drum samples and vocal samples and white noise uplifters and downlifters samples and i got my samples from cymatics starter pack dubstep and I got flagged by "MotherShip by Twistar" When it might have used the same samples. But the youtube video I made with the song did not get flagged So I dont know here is the link to the song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tljuuzzx54 If I get unbanned I will upload the VIP and non-VIP version.

Can you please unban me.