00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EatMyShoes just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

38,710 Views | 561 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-07-30 00:44:58

At 7/30/22 12:35 AM, WeirdPG wrote: My song Chase The Sunset was flagged by a song called "For Janice" by Fever when I clicked on the link for the song that it gave me (Here is the URL) it seemed vague at best. I tried to search the song elsewhere and found out this on Spotify. While for some reason can't listen to the song, I see it was made (or uploaded) in 2020, and my song was created in 2016. I wish I could view the track in question so I can see some concrete evidence that I have plagiarized this song. But with the weird link and the fact that my song was possibly made 4 years before, I think the possible infringement does not hold water.

I now realised that due to the fact that my song is made of loops from MAGIX music maker, I'm breaking the rules. I will delete the song immediately, disregard my post above

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-03 04:03:45 (edited 2022-08-03 04:08:28)

look, I'm actually new to Newgrounds, I just want to upload my audio (my audio's name: "weird thing") that was literally made by me, but I got copyright infringement for copying the song called "ringer" by bob dean.

now first of all: who is bob dean? I don't know him, I haven't heard about him nor listened to any of his music, so yeah I didn't copy from other music like "ringer"

second of all: "ringer" obviously doesn't even match with my music at all, I made my music by using a music website called band lab instead of wasting my time downloading music makers, my audio has like 4 or 5 different tracks that literally don't relate to ringer's tracks, ringer has like 2 tracks that don't relate to any of my music's tracks AT ALL.

I think something went wrong with P-Bot today, he acts strange.

try listen to ringer and tell me does it match with my music or not :

Ringer (2021) | Bob Dean | High Quality Music Downloads | 7digital Norge

this is my appeal here if you want to see it :

Appeal #30885 (newgrounds.com)

so yeah, may god bless you.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-03 11:29:08

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

My song The OG was approved, fortunately. However I'm quite worried that I'll have to go through the same process for the other 8 songs in my album. I don't wish to be permanently banned from Newgrounds just a month after joining. What should I do?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-18 05:54:16 (edited 2022-08-18 05:58:21)

I really do not know why, but whenever I try to upload any of my Soundtracks, they just get claimed as copyright infridgement. I would love to get help as I (stoopid me) accidentally also closed the linked appeal. Also I am sorry if my appeal is not good but I hope it can help. Appeal

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-19 15:52:29

At 8/18/22 05:54 AM, DaM-2022 wrote: I really do not know why, but whenever I try to upload any of my Soundtracks, they just get claimed as copyright infridgement. I would love to get help as I (stoopid me) accidentally also closed the linked appeal. Also I am sorry if my appeal is not good but I hope it can help. Appeal

A mod closed that appeal. Music Maker Jam is not allowed on this site, as it stated in the Audio Guidelines.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-20 03:28:04 (edited 2022-08-20 03:30:20)

Hello, I tried to upload my song 'Searching' which was a collaboration with my friend MaxTronika to Newgrounds, however I was flagged for it. I tried appealing, but for some reason my appeal did not get sent even though I clicked the "send" button. I only realized a few days after the deadline of the appeal notice. This is really unfortunate for me, so I would appreciate your help. I have another release that will be arriving in 6 days and I want to upload it to Newgrounds until then but I cannot do it due to being banned from uploading audio. I have rights to the song. I co-produced it with MaxTronika. Please consider helping me.

Song Link: https://youtu.be/4ypI-sgemEA

Im WEARY. I negligently chose the username "PhilippinianBro1208" as I did not know how Newgrounds worked when I signed up. I assure you that I am the right person. Thank you for your time.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-21 18:05:29

Hello,

I got accused of copyright infringement with my latest audio project (untitled), I have thoroughly checked the source material(s) just to make sure and they were nothing like my piece, apart from one other track being a chip tune cover.

I had an appeal form filled out but I closed it without knowing what it really did. I'd like some help please

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-22 00:48:27

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Hello,

I was uploading the soundtrack of my Game Jam to the portal when one was claimed by someone as their own. I made the mistake of having one be a simple GarageBand loop but my account says it’s banned due to copyright. I filed out an appeal summarizing the problem but I accidentally closed the appeal around the 17th, it’s been a couple days and it looks like it’s a permanent hold. I want to do voice work and submit it to the portal but I’m weighted down by this dumb mistake

any help is appreciated

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-22 01:56:47

accidentally closed the appeal but i got copyrighted for the sound of babies crying and nothing else. I don't think that babies crying can be claimed but I could be wrong.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-23 12:05:06

Hi ! I recently tried to upload a song that I made on Newgrounds, but a copyright infringement was detected. Twice.

So, 10 days ago I uploaded a song on this website, which was the first song I made and therefore my first submission, but a copyright infringement for these songs was detected :

"嵐の中の航海" by Ryo Matsushima Music

"Ebenezer Ó Ceallaigh Suite - Voyage" by Bdrg

Since I didn't use these songs in any way, I filed an appeal, which was closed 4 days later, without changing anything. I'm pretty sure I didn't close it myself.

I then tried to reupload the same song 5 days ago (I didn't know that it was a bad idea), but again, a copyright infringement was detected, but this time with only the second song. I filed another appeal, and once again it got closed without changing anything (and I didn't close it myself either), except that now I can't even upload any audio file anymore.

Since then, I read the rules related to the submissions (I know that I should have done it earlier, but again I'm pretty new and I didn't think this kind of situation would happen), where I learned that if a third copyright infringement was detected, I'd be banned. And I don't want that to happen, obviously, so I'm trying to get some help here.

Here's a link to the song I wanted to upload (I believe it's not advertisement in this situation. And I know it's not great, I'm just a beginner), in order to prove that it has nothing to do with the other two songs, except of course the genre. I'd be happy if anyone could help me.

Also, another thing. Even if my song is very different from the original song by Symphony of Specters, it's a remix of this song. So technically, I should have the author's consent. Therefore I sent a private message to them, but like, they don't exist anymore, it'll probably take a lot of time until someone answers me, if it ever happens. Could I just upload it nonetheless, knowing that both their song and mine (if I somehow manage to upload it) are Royalty-free, that I'll send the authors a message telling them to just contact me if they want me to delete it, and that my music is really different than the original ? If it's not the case, well, I won't do it, it's not a big deal.

That's it, thank you if you can help me. I hope it's understandable, too.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-23 22:33:31

Hi, I made this song called Pixel Chase. I got flagged because there is song out there called "Obelix" by Angelus Marino that has similar elements to it. I genuinely didn't know the song existed and I didn't know about the musician who made it. I don't know what to do. some guy just told me to go to this thread. I just made a song from scratch in LMMS. I am sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

How's it going?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-25 00:49:18

Hi I’m new here. I had a song i made copyright striked even though I made the song it might be because I uploaded it on Apple Music and Spotify. How do I get rid of the copyright strike? I didn’t use any loops and it was all made in garageband

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-26 13:52:23

Just wanted how I got banned. I did send an appeal but then it was closed.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-08-28 09:01:22

At 8/26/22 01:52 PM, Trashnium wrote: Just wanted how I got banned. I did send an appeal but then it was closed.

This is a joke right? You uploaded something not yours and are complaining about it?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-02 22:33:52

Hello Newgrounds staff, I want to appeal a song I composed. Can any staff members check it out for me? Been waiting about 7 days for the appeal to go through. The copyrighted song that is relative to my song is “feeling blue” docteur muse jr. I tried searching for this artist on YouTube and google but can't find any result.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-05 01:22:14

Hey, I got infringed again... Sorry. My song is called Stressful, and there's song out there that supposedly sounds like it called "smoother" by Chuck3eze, I wouldn't know because I haven't heard it, and I can't seem to find it. The only place I can seem to find it is Pandora, and it won't let me listen to it. I didn't mean it, and I do know how this looks considering I recently got infringed. But it was a mistake, and I genuinely didn't know about this song. And once again, sorry for the trouble.

-YingYong.

How's it going?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-05 10:17:00

got false copyrighted again, it is original music, but i think its from the drum samples. idk.

music name is "michael"

being a problem is being a problem

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-07 18:55:32

so my song called “BLOOM” got flagged as copyright from another song that sounds nothing like it, and i had no idea existed. can you help?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-07 20:19:21

hi. i'm a bit confused. i was (permanently?) banned for uploading an AI generated soundtrack. detailed explanation below:

https://soundraw.io/ was the website used to make this soundtrack. it is an AI generated soundtrack and the page states that people with a membership to their subscription has the rights to use the AI generated soundtracks for just about anything. this includes uploading it to spotify, using them in web ads, on youtube videos etc.

why did i get (permanently) banned from uploading music by uploading this one song that is supposedly allowed by soundraw to be used in most places?

i have read the rules and i don't see where the soundtrack would violate anything as i supposedly have the rights to upload it to most places according to https://soundraw.io/.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-08 10:05:18

At 9/7/22 08:19 PM, Vipraz wrote: hi. i'm a bit confused. i was (permanently?) banned for uploading an AI generated soundtrack. detailed explanation below:

https://soundraw.io/ was the website used to make this soundtrack. it is an AI generated soundtrack and the page states that people with a membership to their subscription has the rights to use the AI generated soundtracks for just about anything. this includes uploading it to spotify, using them in web ads, on youtube videos etc.

why did i get (permanently) banned from uploading music by uploading this one song that is supposedly allowed by soundraw to be used in most places?

i have read the rules and i don't see where the soundtrack would violate anything as i supposedly have the rights to upload it to most places according to https://soundraw.io/.

This is something which hasn't come up before. From Tom the admin, submitting something generated by AI does not count as having made it yourself. The point of newgrounds is for artists to share their creations, and AI generated stuff doesn't match that goal.

One off considerations would go to something melding AI with human input, which is going to be a whole different can of worms. That will be something discussed internally.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-08 10:18:59

At 9/8/22 10:05 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 9/7/22 08:19 PM, Vipraz wrote: hi. i'm a bit confused. i was (permanently?) banned for uploading an AI generated soundtrack. detailed explanation below:

This is something which hasn't come up before. From Tom the admin, submitting something generated by AI does not count as having made it yourself. The point of newgrounds is for artists to share their creations, and AI generated stuff doesn't match that goal.

One off considerations would go to something melding AI with human input, which is going to be a whole different can of worms. That will be something discussed internally.

hi!

thank you so much for looking into this case. i understand that this might be a bit of a weird loophole-ish sort of situation, and i genuinely did not mean to claim this soundtrack as being made by me. could i still upload the soundtrack if i specify that this was in fact not made by any human?

i really like the soundtrack and just want to upload it so it can be used for geometry dash

thank you

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-08 13:45:13

At 9/8/22 10:18 AM, Vipraz wrote: thank you so much for looking into this case. i understand that this might be a bit of a weird loophole-ish sort of situation, and i genuinely did not mean to claim this soundtrack as being made by me. could i still upload the soundtrack if i specify that this was in fact not made by any human?
i really like the soundtrack and just want to upload it so it can be used for geometry dash
thank you

No. The rules have now been reflected to update the following:

AI Music

Please do not share AI (made by machine learning algorithm) music here.

If your song was generated via AI, we do not consider this your own original work and you should not share it here. Subtle use of AI is acceptable, for example if you are using AI-generated components as part of a larger original composition.

I'll take the ban off, as this was a weird precedent, but the track will stay down.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-08 19:43:39

Hey! About a month ago I was put

under investigation for a copyright claim because of a rain sound effect the system detected I used. However, I took the sound off a free website and listen to what it thought the sound was and it definitely wasn't the same. Since it was my first time dealing with this, I goofed and closed the appeal. I didn't know that there was somewhere I could go to possibly fix that until now. I can provide more information if needed. Thanks :)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-09 18:27:15

He said that you can use it for anything but you had the credit him, I wouldn't have claimed it as my own. Maybe its just my undeveloped brain.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-12 19:57:17

Hey there

When I first came onto Newgrounds, I did not know there was a rule against stock loops. I uploaded a song, and I immediatley got banned from uploading audio. I put in an appeal, and pretty much gave up.

It has been about 6 months since I have been banned I believe. When I tried to look at my appeal, it was gone, and I was still banned. I'm hoping that my comment here is able to catch the attention of someone that may be able to fix this, as I am trying to learn how to make music using LMMS.

Thanks for reading.

Glitchred

Making sub-par art since March 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-17 00:26:39 (edited 2022-09-17 00:27:26)

Hello! Im new here so i wanted to upload a song i made and it got copyright infringemented, when i looked at this i realized that I saw one of the messages saying i can't use groovepad. (im so stupid) so instead when the infringement is off, I'll delete the song and replace it with a FL Studio Mobile one. (once again i don't have a pc) so i need to get my privilege back so i can delete my song "Revolution: Operation Desert Storm"

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-25 14:24:10

I was banned for using loops that didn't have copyright

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-29 11:50:50

Hello, i got copyrighted over my own song, i filled an appeal but i deleted it on accident while editing it months ago.

The system detected that it is my song, how ever, before that one, i uploaded another one and that passed without any issue.

What was the diference? i asked, then realised that i uploaded a song that was distributed by my distributor called ONErpm.

So, i dont know if im able to upload my music here aswell, since some of my followers wanted me to do so.

ill atach some images, if something else is needed, please let me know.

Thanks!

iu_762653_11037333.png

iu_762879_11037333.webp

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-09-29 17:40:25

Hey! I got an appeal on my song for using a similar snare drum to the one at the end of the matches song. It’s been 6 days since the matchup. Thanks!

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/36327

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2022-10-02 11:41:40

Hi. I made a song in GarageBand and it has been copyrighted because me and the person it was copyrighted for both used the same software. Please look into this.