00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vilanael just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

38,697 Views | 561 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-31 11:03:37

At 5/30/23 04:24 PM, D5wolf wrote: This Still Happens To Me Whan I Try Uploading A Song That I Made. I'm only Uploading MY music I Released in The Past
Yet I Still get Copyright Threads. I'm Dont Know If you have To Uploading A Song on Newgrounds First before a Song I made gets Released but I know that All The Music that I'm Uploading is All My Stuff.
I'm not Using Anything That's Copyrighted material. Everything that I Upload to Newgrounds is 100% Original

Are there any stock loops in the song? That could be something that triggers it.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-06 01:01:31

I got bonked for a mashup. After further perusing the TOS, I have an additional two covers that I need to remove but am unable to due to the ban. If you could nuke those, too, I'd appreciate it.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-08 21:37:16

At 6/8/23 09:33 PM, PowerOfNG wrote: Also I got banned for using a song generated by A.I

Good. AI music, art, etc has no place on newgrounds

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-08 21:50:51

At 6/8/23 09:44 PM, PowerOfNG wrote: Oh I am sorry I did not know that A.I music is not allowed on Newgrounds I am sorry I make sure in the future to not upload A.I music on Newgrounds and I got banned on Mar 24, 2023 I would like to be unbanned and again I apologize I should have known better.

Thanks
-P-

you must be joking

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-08 21:58:24

At 6/8/23 09:44 PM, PowerOfNG wrote: I would like to be unbanned

No

the person who made the song that I "Copyrighted" also did it with A.I

Irrelevant, they didn't upload it here. The program compared the works and noted similarities enough to pull the song.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-08 22:31:28

At 6/8/23 09:58 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 6/8/23 09:44 PM, PowerOfNG wrote: I would like to be unbanned
No

.iu_991117_1892271.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-12 19:05:21 (edited 2023-06-12 19:07:41)

I accidentally closed a case to a song that I want to be appealed to.

Find it here.

I did not copy "8bit" by FLAMEE. "8bit" by FLAMEE doesn't exist so I couldn't have infringed on copyright. Please unban me.

By CameronGames2145

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-13 01:50:11 (edited 2023-06-13 01:53:22)

I accidentally closed the case on my copyright appeal:

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/61619

My track is seen as potentially infringing "Welcome to Bird World" by Leon. It hasn't gotten a single approval for over a week!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-17 09:53:46

I accidentally uploaded the same song twice. So, I got flagged for copying my own music...

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-17 18:03:10

At 6/17/23 09:53 AM, HipsterTypist wrote: I accidentally uploaded the same song twice. So, I got flagged for copying my own music...

At 6/17/23 05:26 PM, HipsterTypist wrote: Hi. I accidentally uploaded the same song twice while uploading an album, so I was flagged for copyright. Could you unban me plz? Thaaaaannnnkkkksss.

You don't need to post twice in the same day

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-17 19:46:01

At 6/17/23 07:45 PM, HipsterTypist wrote:
At 6/17/23 06:03 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 6/17/23 09:53 AM, HipsterTypist wrote: I accidentally uploaded the same song twice. So, I got flagged for copying my own music...
At 6/17/23 05:26 PM, HipsterTypist wrote: Hi. I accidentally uploaded the same song twice while uploading an album, so I was flagged for copyright. Could you unban me plz? Thaaaaannnnkkkksss.
You don't need to post twice in the same day

Crap. I'm new to NG, alright? I thought I posted it in the wrong forum.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-21 14:06:07

Greetings,

My audio from quite a long time ago was copyrighted and caused my account to be on hold.

Context:

I have made a track and was pretty proud of it back then, so i decided to post here since i dont really do it often.

When i first finished editing, I was striked with a copyright infringement and for me it was nothing really.

I did what i wouldve normally done and ive appealed, gave all the info i had to prove it was my original creation.

After a couple days, the audio was approved:

iu_1001216_12020430.png

I went and edited the project so i could make it public and this is what i saw:

iu_1001217_12020430.png

It wasnt really a big deal so i appealed one last time (didnt work) and just forgot about it.

Now its June and im willing to upload more of my original music and maybe get it verified so it could get used in Geometry Dash.

I got the mp3 file ready and exported from my daw (FL Studio 20) and went to publish it and then it said that my account was still on hold for copyright.

I was and still am furious, I have already appealed for an audio, it gotten approved and my account is still dealing with this problem that was clearly supposed to end.

I tried to delete the audio, but i couldnt edit it.

Searched on Youtube for some tutorials, didnt find any.

Did a post on my account, went to the forums and asked for help and someone was nice enough to lead me here.

Im willing to give the most information about the audio, even show pictures of proof that i own it. Just to get it deleted and upload my new track.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-21 14:26:45

Hi, i got banned from uploading audio, i sent a Skrillex MIDI from a converter to MP3 to MIDI (Thinking that it wouldnt have copyright that way) and i got banned, i thought that bad MIDI's were allowed, and now i dont know what to do. i really didn't know that was banned. if the moderators need the audio i Will give it so they can review it. (Btw i am not english so this text probably has a lot of grammar issues)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-21 15:10:24

At 6/21/23 02:26 PM, GD-Music-Uploader wrote: Hi, i got banned from uploading audio, i sent a Skrillex MIDI from a converter to MP3 to MIDI (Thinking that it wouldnt have copyright that way) and i got banned

If the final product was a very mildly altered Skrillex track, meaning you uploaded non original audio, meaning you violated at least 1 of the top 3 rules of newgrounds

Audio must be original, you cannot upload other people's creations or you will be banned.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-21 16:35:38

Well, what can i do to get unbanned?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-21 18:59:23

At 6/21/23 02:06 PM, ghosty101 wrote: I went and edited the project so i could make it public and this is what i saw:

Different appeals for different tracks. You've had two separate appeals, untitled #4654065 which was approved and then rather than working in the same file you opened a second project for Ghost Town which got flagged again (since the system views tracks separately.

Anyways, sorted. Pick one of those files, to continue with the same audio.

It wasnt really a big deal so i appealed one last time (didnt work) and just forgot about it.

You closed your own appeal.

At 6/21/23 02:26 PM, GD-Music-Uploader wrote: Hi, i got banned from uploading audio, i sent a Skrillex MIDI from a converter to MP3 to MIDI (Thinking that it wouldnt have copyright that way) and i got banned, i thought that bad MIDI's were allowed, and now i dont know what to do. i really didn't know that was banned. if the moderators need the audio i Will give it so they can review it. (Btw i am not english so this text probably has a lot of grammar issues)

You were banned by a moderator for two reasons:

1) You may not upload a cover or remix of an unlicensed commercial song; and

2) You may not upload a MIDI-rip or 1:1 recreation with new instruments.

As your ban was levied by a moderator for two separate rule infringements, it will not be appealed. You are presented several times the need to only upload things you have full rights to during the upload process.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-21 19:16:35 (edited 2023-06-21 19:22:43)

It's ok, i probably deserved it. But i still dont understand wdym i closed my appeal. But still, i probably deserved it.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-06-22 09:40:39

At 6/21/23 06:59 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 6/21/23 02:06 PM, ghosty101 wrote: I went and edited the project so i could make it public and this is what i saw:
Different appeals for different tracks. You've had two separate appeals, untitled #4654065 which was approved and then rather than working in the same file you opened a second project for Ghost Town which got flagged again (since the system views tracks separately.

Anyways, sorted. Pick one of those files, to continue with the same audio.

You closed your own appeal.

At 6/21/23 02:26 PM, GD-Music-Uploader wrote: Hi, i got banned from uploading audio, i sent a Skrillex MIDI from a converter to MP3 to MIDI (Thinking that it wouldnt have copyright that way) and i got banned, i thought that bad MIDI's were allowed, and now i dont know what to do. i really didn't know that was banned. if the moderators need the audio i Will give it so they can review it. (Btw i am not english so this text probably has a lot of grammar issues)
You were banned by a moderator for two reasons:
1) You may not upload a cover or remix of an unlicensed commercial song; and
2) You may not upload a MIDI-rip or 1:1 recreation with new instruments.

As your ban was levied by a moderator for two separate rule infringements, it will not be appealed. You are presented several times the need to only upload things you have full rights to during the upload process.

Thanks for the reply

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-01 14:07:03

iu_1009852_8126633.pngiu_1009853_8126633.webp

It's been a little over 3 days now and it says this, however, that was an old account of mine and the original song and account no longer exist on that account as it is on this new account. This is also a remix of the original audio and should be considered "derivative".

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-03 10:12:59

The reason I am here on this audio appeal thread is because there has been a hold on my account due to copyright, and it's also been 8 days. I know this sounds embarrassing, but the way this happened was because I was originally trying to upload my ORIGINAL song, but it didn't work for some reason. And so, I tried uploading another file, but I misclicked and hit the wrong audio file, which was a song I had downloaded that wasn't mine. Before I knew it, it was too late, and it had already been requested for copyright checks, and then I had a hold on my account. I saw a link that told me I was able to appeal until July 2nd, and so I clicked on it and wrote my appeal. However, I think the case got closed on July 1st, saying that I was not the owner of the appeal or that the case was closed. Here is the appeal link (if this even matters): https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/edit/63937. Hopefully I will be allowed to make audio again, and if I am allowed to again, I would be willing to remove the audio I accidentally submitted.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-03 18:03:05

Recently I posted a song I made to Newgrounds, and it almost instantly got infringed. I checked to see what the issue was, and it was the intro sample which is a synth. the sample I used for the synth is royalty-free and it was provided by Splice. All samples from Splice.com are free to use and have no royalties over them. I really hope someone can get to this quickly because I can't upload my music because of a copyright issue on a royalty free sample.

Here is a link to the song: https://soundcloud.com/user-179564934/hypnotized-1?si=b562f91e50b54328bbd6dbb7db937cd8&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Also here is picture evidence that the sample I used was provided by Splice:

iu_1012900_5711388.png

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-04 05:56:03

At 7/3/23 06:03 PM, Gdkeyless wrote: Recently I posted a song I made to Newgrounds, and it almost instantly got infringed. I checked to see what the issue was, and it was the intro sample which is a synth. the sample I used for the synth is royalty-free and it was provided by Splice. All samples from Splice.com are free to use and have no royalties over them. I really hope someone can get to this quickly because I can't upload my music because of a copyright issue on a royalty free sample.

Here is a link to the song: https://soundcloud.com/user-179564934/hypnotized-1?si=b562f91e50b54328bbd6dbb7db937cd8&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Heya, I can look into this for you.

Could you DM me a picture of the DAW Project's sequencer/timeline please? (showcasing all samples, MIDI Clips/Patterns, Recordings etc.)

| Multi-Genre Composer, Main Preferences Are Atmosphere Crafting & Technical Detailing/Palettes | Audio Portal Moderator |

| FREE Audio Resources List For Composers | NG Audio Pub Discord | NG Audio Iceberg Challenge | Follow These Legends! |

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-05 03:42:36

Of course, The project Is missing some drum samples due to me deleting some folders to clean up space but here it is.

iu_1014525_5711388.webp

iu_1014526_5711388.pngAt 7/4/23 05:56 AM, LD-W wrote:

: At 7/3/23 06:03 PM, Gdkeyless wrote:

Recently I posted a song I made to Newgrounds, and it almost instantly got infringed. I checked to see what the issue was, and it was the intro sample which is a synth. the sample I used for the synth is royalty-free and it was provided by Splice. All samples from Splice.com are free to use and have no royalties over them. I really hope someone can get to this quickly because I can't upload my music because of a copyright issue on a royalty free sample.

Heya, I can look into this for you.
Could you DM me a picture of the DAW Project's sequencer/timeline please? (showcasing all samples, MIDI Clips/Patterns, Recordings etc.)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-05 08:42:30

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Hi, I used GarageBand stock loops and got banned. I completely understand that it is my fault and I want to know when the ban time would end

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-06 10:21:39

Hello, I have been banned for uploading me beatboxing over the following song: Fingerbang by MDK. Please unban me

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-08 18:14:58

I made an appeal for the bot and accidentally put the entire song of speed of light. I only meant to put 5 seconds of it. please don't ban me :( https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/65323

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-09 06:33:43

Hello moderator, I was banned from the audio portal sometime back due to having the same sound loops with some other guy in my music. I figured out recently that this lovely portal thrives on originality with 0 stock loops.

iu_1018319_8120525.webp

But I was wondering...

How long does my ban last exactly? It's been a really long time and I've learnt from my mistakes.

iu_1018320_8120525.webp

While I'm aware of the chances it may take years, it would mean a lot to know the duration of the ban.

Tq and have a nice day

Netherbrine5902

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-09 09:54:48

At 7/9/23 06:33 AM, Netherbrine5902 wrote: How long does my ban last exactly? It's been a really long time and I've learnt from my mistakes.

While I'm aware of the chances it may take years, it would mean a lot to know the duration of the ban.
Tq and have a nice day

If no ban length is specified, it is permanent.

You only just sought out recommendations for new DAW despite this being applied in 2021. Take some time to find one and get used to it, we may reconsider if you can show in good faith that you've put effort into following the rules.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-10 05:46:11

Alright, thank you moderator!

Netherbrine5902

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-07-10 12:10:27 (edited 2023-07-10 12:14:27)

Good Afternoon Pingu! How are you doing today?

I was messaging in regard to a song that I had recently uploaded and had gotten a message from P-bot about. The song that I had made had used one main sampled loop for the intro that P-bot from GarageBand which I did bring up in the appeal, I was mainly confused from the rules from GarageBand Loops being in public domain and Newgrounds rules on loops which being the part where saying there will be lenience towards loops from apps. But none the less, That was a mistake on my behalf. I’m also not fully aware how long the hold will last on the account? I do strongly apologize for using a GarageBand loop throughout the song and I won’t be using any from now on on Newgrounds. It was that I had looked past the rule but I also understand that my ignorance to the rule is no such excuse for it either and I will own up to that I had used one loop. (Even though it was one, I do understand that the rules do state none.) I would just like to know how long the hold will last and I do strongly apologize for this inconvenience.

I hope you have a Great Day 😁👍🏾!