00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

40,361 Views | 607 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-11 14:18:52

At 2/11/24 01:58 PM, 24MelPinesST wrote:
At 1/8/22 06:17 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 1/8/22 12:20 PM, rocknight1991 wrote: I was banned because I used a program with stock loops. How do I get my privileges back?
You wait for the ban to expire, and use the time to find and practice a new program.
It has been about 2 years since my ban and I still cannot upload music. Why?

You uploaded MDK - Super Ultra 2 years ago. Newgrounds is for music you made, not music you downloaded off the internet.

But that said, it's been almost 2 years. I cleared your ban.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-11 14:21:41

At 2/11/24 02:18 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 1/8/22 12:20 PM, rocknight1991 wrote: I was banned because I used a program with stock loops. How do I get my privileges back?
You wait for the ban to expire, and use the time to find and practice a new program.
You uploaded MDK - Super Ultra 2 years ago. Newgrounds is for music you made, not music you downloaded off the internet.

Thank you so much!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-11 14:25:41

At 2/11/24 02:21 PM, 24MelPinesST wrote:

Thank you so much!

Ywv

Make sure next time you upload that you follow all the rules, so that this doesn't happen again! Glad you stopped by. A 2 year ban for one track blew my mind, but it may have been because the appeal was still open.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-11 14:27:48

At 2/11/24 02:25 PM, ADR3-N wrote:

Thank you so much!
Ywv

Make sure next time you upload that you follow all the rules, so that this doesn't happen again! Glad you stopped by. A 2 year ban for one track blew my mind, but it may have been because the appeal was still open.

I do have a question about the appeal, do I do it if I want to prove that I own it? Or to get access back?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-11 14:36:23 (edited 2024-02-11 14:38:35)

At 2/11/24 02:27 PM, 24MelPinesST wrote:
At 2/11/24 02:25 PM, ADR3-N wrote:

Thank you so much!
Ywv

I do have a question about the appeal, do I do it if I want to prove that I own it? Or to get access back?

I've checked out your appeal and the audio that it matched to. They were the same, meaning you uploaded someone else's work. You would have to prove basically that you were MDK.

What I'm saying is, you can't, because you aren't.

But if it was your own creation, and it didn't break any other rules, yes, you would use the appeal form for that and BE SURE NOT TO CLICK CLOSE CASE so that we are notified.

Regarding your appeal:

If you want that song on NG, your best option is to A, see if it isn't on NG already (or if the author has an acc here), or B, bug the artist.

Do not try to impersonate the artist. You will get caught. We check for impersonators and verify with the artists externally.

Do not claim fair use. This works for youtube to upload your videos sometimes, but under our CC license, you must only upload songs that you wrote/produced, because you are legally claiming it is your work for one, and for two, we can face legal action for hosting it.

Also, don't do Mashups, try to pitch up or slow down the audio. Not only will you be caught and possibly trapped in another appeal, but you can potentially be permanently banned, because you have been warned.

Does that cover your questions?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-14 14:22:02

Decided to post a track, and now I can't post music because of a copyright infringement, but the track (Da boss battle) is mine. Here is the proof.

Edit (14 Feb 2024): Forgot to say, that I accidentally closed the appeal. Maybe that's why I had been ignored.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-16 03:51:51

that was the same case why i got a hold on my account

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-16 21:48:52

At 2/16/24 08:19 PM, ElectricColors wrote: It hasn't been three days yet but I don't understand what happened. The song was generated by AI so it doesn't make sense.

AI generated music is not allowed on NG

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-17 17:00:41

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-17 17:54:14

At 2/17/24 05:00 PM, SmurfCatIsGay wrote: Here's Mine!
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/97940

Not gonna lie to you, I can't identify the source of this audio, but the quality and similarity to the sort of stuff I hear on Kia's relaxation radio makes me hesitant to touch it. Do you have proof you created this?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-17 17:55:18 (edited 2024-02-17 17:55:26)

At 2/17/24 05:54 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
Not gonna lie to you, I can't identify the source of this audio, but the quality and similarity to the sort of stuff I hear on Kia's relaxation radio makes me hesitant to touch it. Do you have proof you created this?

Yes I Did!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-17 18:02:54

At 2/17/24 05:55 PM, SmurfCatIsGay wrote:
Yes I Did!

Okay, if that's the case, you can go in and add whatever proof you have, screenshots, project files, etc, to the appeal or here in a reply, or even a PM. Because of the rampant abuse of the portal with users uploading non-copyright tracks fraudulently, we unfortunately can't take anyone just at their word anymore!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-17 18:05:22

At 2/17/24 06:02 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 2/17/24 05:55 PM, SmurfCatIsGay wrote:
Yes I Did!
Okay, if that's the case, you can go in and add whatever proof you have, screenshots, project files, etc, to the appeal or here in a reply, or even a PM. Because of the rampant abuse of the portal with users uploading non-copyright tracks fraudulently, we unfortunately can't take anyone just at their word anymore!

Thanks @ADR3-N!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-26 06:10:05

I have most of my music on streaming platforms please just scout me I really would like to post here but Im really really contemplating if being on newgrounds is even worth the hassle due to the fact all my music is gonna get detected right away. Why isn't there a way to put in isrc codes to prove i have ownership or atleast just something to help. By what means should i wait to post my music that to be honest is not known enough for someone to even steal it in the first place. I mean i already have to convert my songs to mp3 but after im waiting on basically no one to help me with this. Like what gives

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-26 06:11:41

Also my most recent appeal was closed and it wasnt by me

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-26 19:03:59

At 2/26/24 06:10 AM, wintertunnel wrote: Why isn't there a way to put in isrc codes to prove i have ownership or atleast just something to help.

That would go in the appeal, which you chose to fill with a single word complaint instead.

Also my most recent appeal was closed and it wasnt by me

Closed by staff, probably due to the lack of appeal value in the appeal. The other part is you are posting the music of others under the guise of being a label. As has come up before, these "label" accounts are at the discretion of TomFulp as the site owner, and usually require the "label" account co-author the actual author's NG account. You're free to discuss that with Tom.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-26 21:31:20

At 2/26/24 06:10 AM, wintertunnel wrote: I have most of my music on streaming platforms please just scout me

In addition to what @Pingu mentioned -- you must co-author the individual as a label, if the track is not your personal work and so on -- it's a no-go to ask to be scouted, no matter who you are. This is because people constantly pretend they own the rights to post music, and later we find out that they don't in fact have said rights.

So please bear with us. If you are able to provide proof you own something, and if you are who you say you are, I'm sure you do, we will get to it. Just don't close the case by accident, and please provide details we can take action on!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-26 22:22:14

I literally can't make an account named "BLOODCLOT$" so yes i am using newgrounds under the label that only only has me and my 2 other friends

So how am i supposed to "co author"

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-26 22:23:36

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-26 23:38:36 (edited 2024-02-26 23:41:33)

At 2/26/24 10:22 PM, wintertunnel wrote:
I literally can't make an account named "BLOODCLOT$" so yes i am using newgrounds under the label that only only has me and my 2 other friends
So how am i supposed to "co author"

Your YT video did not work. Must be typed wrong somehow.

You can co author users under the project settings each time you submit -- credits and roles. If the other collaborators don't have an account, they can easily make one. They will be notified when you add them to a project and will have to accept their role.

Alternatively, you can open access to your current acc to the second and third coauthors. We have many band accounts, and I don't see why a label acc with full access given to the coauthors of each track would violate any rules.

Now, I can understand your frustration that your label is just you and two friends. Exceptions CAN happen in the case we are able to link up with the coauthors on social/email and establish that you do in fact have permission to represent them and post their stuff, as well as that they are not fake (we get a lot of fakes too, hence why we check).

Since your problem is a lot different than the usual issues we get, I figured this would also be relevant. Until you're scouted, you may as well make a copy pasta of the relevant details from here for your next appeal -- if you expect to be hung up in Content ID. The only result you can possibly expect from no information on an appeal is a closed case, and that's not our problem. No info just looks like content theft, which we deal with on a daily basis. We are not out to get you.

Also, while I'm here, we gotta talk about your approach. Dude. You've been rude and entitled throughout this interaction, telling us to scout you, snoozing me when I tell you (nicely!) that asking to be scouted against the rules. You're biting the hand that feeds and expecting instant results. Not a good combination.

I'll check out your appeal info anyway, because regardless of that, you could still be legit. Meantime, I've given you two solid options for never having this problem again. It's up to you to take that info and make it happen.

Don't ask anyone else to scout you either. We'll find out about it and you will be banned.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-27 06:26:00

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-02-27 12:41:53 (edited 2024-02-27 12:45:56)

At 2/27/24 06:26 AM, wintertunnel wrote: https://youtu.be/RyGbK4XEsp0?si=dRvtXvZ3Z6BTVF4j

@TomFulp approved your appeals, absolved, and scouted you. You can unpublish this video to protect your personal information.

You should not run into this issue again. However, your tracks can still get flagged by other users if it looks like you're submitting music by someone else. If that happens, you can message Tom or an audio mod with the details.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-01 08:00:34

Here is an appeal, I don't think I have copyrighted the song and I swear it's false, if not then there's nothing I can do but to improve more.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/99719

I swear that I have done in FL Studio, also I have used Kicks, Cymbal, Grand piano, guitar etc.

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-01 11:36:19

At 3/1/24 08:00 AM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: Here is an appeal, I don't think I have copyrighted the song and I swear it's false, if not then there's nothing I can do but to improve more.

Sorry about that! This happens a lot when using presets and stock instruments, since so many other people use them and of course distribute their songs. But you have the right idea.

If you're looking for a wider variety of sounds to choose from, I post a monthly magazine of music production freebies to my blog that you may enjoy using. And yes, I definitely recommend doing some study to broaden your horizons. This is a great start, and the start is the hardest part! Keep going <3

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-02 20:38:24

Hi i'd like to appeal for my cover of XO by eden to be unbanned

As far as I know cover stuff is ok, every element of the song was recreated by me so it uses no samples from the original and I have a cover license from my distributor for the song as well if that helps.

Thanks, please let me know if there's anything else you guys need. Appreciate your time and consideration!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-03 14:57:50

At 3/2/24 08:38 PM, aaronmusslewhite wrote: Hi i'd like to appeal for my cover of XO by eden to be unbanned

Is the song royalty free or non-copyright? If it's not non-copyrighted, did you purchase a cover license? If not, I can tell you how to get one. It's not that hard.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-03 21:46:55

At 3/3/24 02:57 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 3/2/24 08:38 PM, aaronmusslewhite wrote: Hi i'd like to appeal for my cover of XO by eden to be unbanned
Is the song royalty free or non-copyright? If it's not non-copyrighted, did you purchase a cover license? If not, I can tell you how to get one. It's not that hard.

Yeah like I said I have a cover license through my distributor I can provide

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-03 21:51:32

Just I’d prefer to provide the license somewhere that isn’t public since it has some sensitive info in it

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-03 22:10:22

At 3/3/24 09:51 PM, aaronmusslewhite wrote: Just I’d prefer to provide the license somewhere that isn’t public since it has some sensitive info in it

I was going to say you could put that in your appeal, but this references an audio pulled by a mod almost two years ago....

You can message ADR3-N or myself with the info.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-04 15:22:40

At 3/3/24 09:51 PM, aaronmusslewhite wrote:
Just I’d prefer to provide the license somewhere that isn’t public since it has some sensitive info in it

As Pingu said, you can send that right on to me over in a PM on NG, or if you prefer on discord. I should still be ADR3-N#0551

BBS Signature