00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

titanmo01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Stoner's Club

1,040,512 Views | 18,509 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 04:43:28

At 1/13/12 11:53 PM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote:
At 1/13/12 11:38 PM, WallofYawn wrote:
At 1/13/12 11:32 PM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: i had a dream a week ago and i got stabbed burned and thrown out of an air plane

there was some other shit too but i just would not die

oh yeah i had dinner with my old man with a screwdriver sticking out of my sternum

i think it was because i saw the face of boe in my dream

fuck i wish i wasnt so lazy with typing
I've had dreams like that myself. Not very often, but occasionally I'll have really weird/fucked up dreams I am astonished and confused by. I've had conversations with people about things I've never heard of and been in places that I've never seen before. I don't know if they're simply creations of my mind, or the culmination of past memories/experiences.

I wish I had more dreams like this, but I'm chalking it up to the fact that I don't get out that much, nor do I have any friends where I live right now.
that sucks ive been in rural areas before too before i moved in with my dad

now im in the middle of the city and the bus schedule is perfect

though it wont matter for long, because im getting a truck. busses are dirty.

i used to wake up from nightmares frightened but they are so uncommon these days i find myself excited and wanting more

if i didn't wake up so hungry i definitely would have gone back to sleep hoping for more dreams.

who knows, maybe it was something i ate that night lol

Shit, I don't think I've had a nightmare in my life, as odd as that sounds. I did have a moment where I felt like I was paralyzed and couldn't wake up once, though, but I managed to wake myself up. I must've been in a pretty deep sleep. Couldn't even open my eyes.

Hell, I remember this one time I slept on my arm wrong, and when I woke up and tried to move my fingers, my arm starting floppin' around like a fish. Freaked me the fuck out, so I ran to the sink and put my arm under some warm water until the circulation came back, lol.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 11:20:51

At 1/14/12 03:11 AM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: he had to roll around on a little wooden board pushing himself with his tongue

he wasn't in pain though just really pissed off ahahaha what an awesome nightmare

That's actually kind of hilarious as far as nightmares go.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 17:12:48

At 1/13/12 11:34 PM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: man remember when gta iv first came out a few months after everyone had a 360

so many blunts back in those days

That game is still the bee's knees.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 19:51:53

I wish I could play GTA 4. I had the chance to on pc, but at the time I had no internet, and Steam is a gay faggot bitch that requires you to register online in order to play. This is probably the only thing I dislike about pc games these days.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 20:06:20

Forget GTA 4. Saint's Row the Third is way better.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 20:26:36

I've never played any saints row game to be honest.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 21:02:10

At 1/14/12 08:26 PM, WallofYawn wrote: I've never played any saints row game to be honest.

trust me, mang. It may be sort of a ripoff of GTA, but they do what GTA does better. I'm addicted to it right now. I've played the first and second ones, but this one is even better.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 21:21:20

At 1/14/12 08:42 PM, SuperBastard wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL5DcZJMX H8&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Not bad. I like it. :)

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 21:24:42

Alright, I'm tired of walking around this fucking town looking for weed. Not only do I often find that hardly anyone WALKS anywhere in this shitty rural area, they tend to stay inside, and I don't want any bammer either.

Two days ago, I spent probably 3-4 hours looking for SOMEONE to ask where to get some weed. I found no one. Not one fucking person.

I need a medical license, but even then the closest pot shop is like 47.7 miles away. :( Gotta hate these republican rural areas. I miss Sacramento.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 21:26:23

Granted, if I actually knew anyone here, it'd probably be easier to get, but I don't. I hate rural towns.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-14 22:23:23

At 1/14/12 09:02 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: but they do what GTA does better.

Don't forget they make it unrealistic and childish.

I played the first one though, still a pretty fun game. The driving in the second was way too shitty to make me want to play, but I heard they made it better in The Third along with some other stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 02:41:15

At 1/14/12 10:23 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote:

I played the first one though, still a pretty fun game. The driving in the second was way too shitty to make me want to play, but I heard they made it better in The Third along with some other stuff.

Yes I felt that Grand Theft Auto 4 touched the reality of an actual lifestyle rather than some stereo-typical gang bullshit that all these teenagers will eat up. I mean don't get me wrong, it's a good game but it's not my thing.

I can't for GTAV Five to come out, if there are some of you who haven't watched the official trailer, you can view it here.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 05:37:40

I always saw the GTA series as like taking Scarface and making it into a video game. You always play a character who starts out from nothing, and rises to the top, taking on the entire world the whole step of the way, building an empire.

Ironically, they actually made a Scarface video game after the success of the GTA games. It's called Scarface: the world is yours and takes place directly after the first Scarface movie, where he supposedly is shot to death, and you have to take back what's yours again. It's not bad actually. Essentially very similar to GTA in terms of gameplay, but it's fun.

I think what makes those two so popular tho, is that everyone in some form or another wants to be like Tony Montana. It's not the killing and the violence so much as the life of luxury, not having to answer to anyone, rising from nothing to having the world in the palm of your hands, etc.

Might as well be called, "capitalism, 101" lol. Shit, if I could do what he did, without getting murdered or put in prison, I'd do it. Unfortunately, when you enter that business, there's a lot of shit you gotta worry about, and while the whole world's in your hands, the whole world is also out to get you.

If drugs were legal, though, you wouldn't need to worry. Unfortunately, you wouldn't make as much money either. But that's life, eh? Can't have your cake and eat it too I suppose. ;)

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 05:53:11

hey wat do u guys do wen a niga is tryna steal ur pot wen ur in the midle of a real gud one

wats up

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 06:15:33

At 1/15/12 02:41 AM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote: Yes I felt that Grand Theft Auto 4 touched the reality of an actual lifestyle rather than some stereo-typical gang bullshit that all these teenagers will eat up.

lol have you ever played the third? i mean the first was pretty ridiculous but with each installation it gets more exaggerated

how can you call this typical gang activity?

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 06:59:31

At 1/15/12 05:37 AM, WallofYawn wrote: I always saw the GTA series as like taking Scarface and making it into a video game.

And in fact, it is. I just finished watching Scarface again, and decided to look up info about it on wiki, when I came across this:

"The hit game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City also has some homages to Scarface, such as an area with the famous bloody bathroom in an empty apartment, along with a chainsaw that can be used as a weapon. The Malibu Club is also very similar to the Babylon Club. Other similarities include a drugs deal that goes wrong, a mission to kill a cocaine-dealing boss similar to Tony and Manny's killing of Frank, and a mansion featuring an office and hall very similar to those of Tony's mansion in the movie. Furthermore, the protagonist Tommy Vercetti is heavily based upon Tony Montana. The final mission in which Tommy must fend off dozens of armed men as they storm the mansion parallels the bloodbath ending in the film."

Dunno why I never noticed this before, but that game seems to almost exactly parallel that movie. From the clothing Tommy wears, to the club and mansion he comes to own, almost everything in that game is based on that movie.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 10:29:05

At 1/14/12 10:23 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote:

And fun. I thought that was the whole point of games, fuck realism, fuck it to death. Realism is what ruins video game.

Do you think the old Duke Nukem games would be better is you couldn't run 90 mph and carry 8 guns and had regenerating health? Didn't think so.

Zombie Crew.

Steam ID: Condor .'.'.'. PSN ID: JoeNG1

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 12:27:27

At 1/15/12 05:37 AM, WallofYawn wrote: I think what makes those two so popular tho, is that everyone in some form or another wants to be like Tony Montana. It's not the killing and the violence so much as the life of luxury, not having to answer to anyone, rising from nothing to having the world in the palm of your hands, etc.

Nah, I pretty much just like to ride around and kill people. The storylines are generally garbage in these games, hence why they're all the exact same like you mentioned.

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 12:29:50

At 1/15/12 10:29 AM, The-Condor wrote: Do you think the old Duke Nukem games would be better is you couldn't run 90 mph and carry 8 guns and had regenerating health? Didn't think so.

Yeah man! Fuck Battlefield, I want Call of Duty! Fuck Forza, I want Need for Speed!

Realistic games hold my attention much, much longer than running 90 MPH carrying 8 guns. I thought so.

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 12:57:09

At 1/15/12 12:29 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote:
At 1/15/12 10:29 AM, The-Condor wrote: Do you think the old Duke Nukem games would be better is you couldn't run 90 mph and carry 8 guns and had regenerating health? Didn't think so.
Yeah man! Fuck Battlefield, I want Call of Duty! Fuck Forza, I want Need for Speed!

Realistic games hold my attention much, much longer than running 90 MPH carrying 8 guns. I thought so.

I think a mix between the two is much more appropriate. But fuck playing realistic games when I'm high, that's such a buzz killer.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 13:41:33

At 1/15/12 12:29 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Realistic games hold my attention much, much longer than running 90 MPH carrying 8 guns. I thought so.

Usually its the opposite, once you've played one ugly brown boring two-weapon cover-based fps you've played them all.

Zombie Crew.

Steam ID: Condor .'.'.'. PSN ID: JoeNG1

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 14:36:09

I'm really digging that Circus Fire song. Thanks for the link.

At 1/14/12 10:23 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Don't forget they make it unrealistic and childish.

which is what GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas were all going for. Screw that whole "gritty" and "dark" angle that GTA 4 was playing. The game was pretty fun, though, but I still think I'm going to trade it in for some store credit.

I played the first one though, still a pretty fun game. The driving in the second was way too shitty to make me want to play

The driving in number 1 and 2 was better than GTA 4, at least, and as you said, the driving in the latest one is better. And by better, I mean perfect. The handling is just perfect.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 15:36:42

At 1/15/12 06:15 AM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote:
At 1/15/12 02:41 AM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote: Yes I felt that Grand Theft Auto 4 touched the reality of an actual lifestyle rather than some stereo-typical gang bullshit that all these teenagers will eat up.
lol have you ever played the third? i mean the first was pretty ridiculous but with each installation it gets more exaggerated

okay maybe i had over-exaggerated even though i heard the commentator already mentioning "a gang of luchador mexicans" 30 seconds into the video.

I just feel like some people take the things they see in video games and try to turn it into a reality, and then we get all these bitch ass news reporters talking about how games are influencing kids to do bad things.

Which is complete and utter bullshit, I mean, why should I have video games taken from me because some little snot-nosed punk went and tagged under a bridge or stabbed another kid for "wearing the wrong colors"

If they actually care about it so much, then why don't they try to get out on the streets and prevent these kids from becoming criminals rather than pointing fingers at video games.

gangs only lead to bad things, i had a friend who was supposedly in the Gangster Disciple, he was raped by his superior commander because as you know, you have to do anything and everything your superior tells you to in order to stay in the gang... and it was all for what, emission into some supposed brotherhood?

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 17:06:07

At 1/15/12 03:36 PM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote:

okay maybe i had over-exaggerated even though i heard the commentator already mentioning "a gang of luchador mexicans" 30 seconds into the video.

man i dont fucking care. i just want to let you know i didn't read anything below that sentence.

you're the type of person who just wants to fucking argue. how is a gang of wrestlers typical gang activity? you can dress up in a space suit. and fight clowns and shit. seriously the whole point of the argument was that saints row has some exaggerated shit in it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 17:10:33

anyways my favorite action adventure games are godfather, scarface and the whole gta series.

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 18:17:52

half a year ago i was walking down my street throwing nugs left and right hoping they will land and sprout some green trees. I was right! I look outside today, huge sativa plants have sprung up all along the sidewalk.

imagine

also drinking a cosmopolitan doesn't make you gay, right?

Steal, borrow, refer, save your shady inference II Kangaroo done hung the juror with the innocent

The Stoner's Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 19:48:59

At 1/15/12 06:17 PM, Sneak-a-Toke wrote: half a year ago i was walking down my street throwing nugs left and right hoping they will land and sprout some green trees. I was right! I look outside today, huge sativa plants have sprung up all along the sidewalk.

imagine
also drinking a cosmopolitan doesn't make you gay, right?

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 20:43:34

At 1/15/12 05:06 PM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote:
At 1/15/12 03:36 PM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote:

man i dont fucking care. i just want to let you know i didn't read anything below that sentence.

you're the type of person who just wants to fucking argue. how is a gang of wrestlers typical gang activity? you can dress up in a space suit. and fight clowns and shit. seriously the whole point of the argument was that saints row has some exaggerated shit in it.

okay yes, GTA3 was childish, so was 2, so was the first one, they all have some gang reference that stupid fucking teenagers will eat up, hell even 4 does, but im sorry for debating too much, but I just feel like you are coming at me in offense because you are probably involved in some childish gang bullshit.

but don't get offended, for I was merely trying to make conversation, until you decided to treat me like a lesser human being. I'm sorry that some people other than you want to express their feelings too...

Because you are ignorant, you only take what you think is right into consideration rather than giving another person the chance to express how they feel about a situation. I may argue, but I'm not ignorant, at least I try to think about what you're saying.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 21:58:50

At 1/15/12 08:38 PM, Piggler wrote: o man im so high

I smoke every days and I'm never high...

-

BBS Signature