00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jouwmaatsenna just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Stoner's Club

1,048,302 Views | 18,508 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 23:27:47

At 1/15/12 12:27 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote:
At 1/15/12 05:37 AM, WallofYawn wrote: I think what makes those two so popular tho, is that everyone in some form or another wants to be like Tony Montana. It's not the killing and the violence so much as the life of luxury, not having to answer to anyone, rising from nothing to having the world in the palm of your hands, etc.
Nah, I pretty much just like to ride around and kill people. The storylines are generally garbage in these games, hence why they're all the exact same like you mentioned.

Call me crazy, but my favorite thing to do is just drive. Just drive around for no reason, listening to the radio. But there are differences and things unique to each of the games, and some of the missions are fun.

Otherwise, there'd be no point in even making another one, yet they do, and they make lots of money doing it.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-15 23:58:38

At 1/15/12 02:36 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I'm really digging that Circus Fire song. Thanks for the link.

At 1/14/12 10:23 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Don't forget they make it unrealistic and childish.
which is what GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas were all going for. Screw that whole "gritty" and "dark" angle that GTA 4 was playing. The game was pretty fun, though, but I still think I'm going to trade it in for some store credit.

I played the first one though, still a pretty fun game. The driving in the second was way too shitty to make me want to play
The driving in number 1 and 2 was better than GTA 4, at least, and as you said, the driving in the latest one is better. And by better, I mean perfect. The handling is just perfect

Wait what? I'd say I completely disagree with this assessment, if only for the fact that GTA 1 and 2 had that annoying birds-eye viewpoint, and that made it VERY difficult to drive. I like to see what's in front of me, y'know?

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 00:08:12

At 1/15/12 03:36 PM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote:
At 1/15/12 06:15 AM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote:
At 1/15/12 02:41 AM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote: Yes I felt that Grand Theft Auto 4 touched the reality of an actual lifestyle rather than some stereo-typical gang bullshit that all these teenagers will eat up.
lol have you ever played the third? i mean the first was pretty ridiculous but with each installation it gets more exaggerated

how can you call this typical gang activity?
okay maybe i had over-exaggerated even though i heard the commentator already mentioning "a gang of luchador mexicans" 30 seconds into the video.

I just feel like some people take the things they see in video games and try to turn it into a reality, and then we get all these bitch ass news reporters talking about how games are influencing kids to do bad things.

Which is complete and utter bullshit, I mean, why should I have video games taken from me because some little snot-nosed punk went and tagged under a bridge or stabbed another kid for "wearing the wrong colors"

If they actually care about it so much, then why don't they try to get out on the streets and prevent these kids from becoming criminals rather than pointing fingers at video games.

gangs only lead to bad things, i had a friend who was supposedly in the Gangster Disciple, he was raped by his superior commander because as you know, you have to do anything and everything your superior tells you to in order to stay in the gang... and it was all for what, emission into some supposed brotherhood?

Ok, people have been forming gangs long before GTA, and they are always stupid teenagers with stupid ideas. GTA doesn't make the idea anymore stupid, nor does it make it any more valid.

Stereotypical gang bullshit? No. All gang bullshit is like that: ie. non-sensical and stupid.

It doesn't take much to form a street gang. Get 5 or more people together, give them a name, and some colors, and tell them to go rob a liquor store. Tada!

Now, if you're comparing them to mafia and organized crime syndicates, those are quite different. The majority of crime the mafia takes part in is white collar. Racketeering, identity theft, prostitution, gambling, bootlegging, computer hacking, etc.

And this vast criminal network is more complex than most hollywood gangster flicks would have you believe. I think Donnie Brasco, in fact, is a more realistic representation of how that shit works, than Scarface or the like. No one comes out on top in that film, and there is nothing glorious about it.

Being a criminal isn't all about fame and money, and respect, it's more about killing people, extorting people, and fucking others over to get what you want, all the while trying to not wind up dead, fucked, or in prison, yourself, and facing the very real possibility that you may not live to see tommarow.

As the saying goes in those circles,"you live free, die young." Gang bangers rarely live to see past 30.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 00:13:00

Oh, and finally: I think your friend is full of shit, because 1. being a homosexual I don't think is tolerated in the disciples, and 2. usually you get jumped in, as in, they all circle you and beat you for 20 seconds to prove that you're tough enough/willing to throw down, to be in the gang. Ass-raping is not part of initiation, and would probably never be tolerated.

They also require the names and addresses of loved ones a lot of times in order for you to join.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 01:06:58

At 1/16/12 12:13 AM, WallofYawn wrote: Oh, and finally: I think your friend is full of shit, because 1. being a homosexual I don't think is tolerated in the disciples, and 2. usually you get jumped in, as in, they all circle you and beat you for 20 seconds to prove that you're tough enough/willing to throw down, to be in the gang. Ass-raping is not part of initiation, and would probably never be tolerated.

They also require the names and addresses of loved ones a lot of times in order for you to join.

It was after the fact of the initiation, he got into some bullshit, and I don't know I guess his superior was a sick fucking dickhead, that typical shit happens all the time, look at the fucking world now and tell me that there are not sick fucks out there who would take advantage of stupid fucking teenagers

it's true, another reason gangs are fucking stupid, is that once you get into them, you can never get out of them unless you let them put you through a living hell it's all fucking fake brotherhood bullshit that was though up by a bunch of anarchist rebel teenagers, they're all just immature kids

but a worldwide syndicate like the mob, hell no, nobody would even think of fucking with those dudes, they are the real badasses, they would kill a whole fucking city if they had to.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 01:16:26

At 1/15/12 08:43 PM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote: okay yes, GTA3 was childish, so was 2, so was the first one, they all have some gang reference that stupid fucking teenagers will eat up, hell even 4 does, but im sorry for debating too much, but I just feel like you are coming at me in offense because you are probably involved in some childish gang bullshit.

fuck. off.

The Stoner's Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 01:20:45

At 1/16/12 12:08 AM, WallofYawn wrote: wallofyawn

FUCK IT you're both dumb

SAINTS ROW IS NOT ABOUT GANGS ANYMORE.

PLAY THE GAME OR WATCH THE VIDEO I POSTED.

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 02:41:13

At 1/16/12 01:20 AM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote:
FUCK IT you're both dumb

Already played it, hated it, it made me want to burn down a children's hospital, but I refrained from doing so.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 03:37:15

At 1/16/12 01:06 AM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote:
At 1/16/12 12:13 AM, WallofYawn wrote: Oh, and finally: I think your friend is full of shit, because 1. being a homosexual I don't think is tolerated in the disciples, and 2. usually you get jumped in, as in, they all circle you and beat you for 20 seconds to prove that you're tough enough/willing to throw down, to be in the gang. Ass-raping is not part of initiation, and would probably never be tolerated.

It was after the fact of the initiation, he got into some bullshit, and I don't know I guess his superior was a sick fucking dickhead, that typical shit happens all the time, look at the fucking world now and tell me that there are not sick fucks out there who would take advantage of stupid fucking teenagers

I aint saying there aint sick motherfuckers out there man, but you know what they do to sex offenders in the pen? If you're a rapist, sex offender, pedophile, etc. you get shanked.

I'm just saying that his superior is lucky no one found out about that shit. Especially since it was a black gang. A lot of those racist redneck bikers are secretly faggots who have a hard on for black folk, but black people tend to hate homosexuals, especially since most of them grow up going to church and having very strict Christian family members.(though I said most here, not all, so keep that in mind)

I've done plenty of research on the shit. I guess my obsession grew out of watching gangster flicks and Tarantino movies growing up.(which I still watch in fact) On top of that, I just to work at the carnival with a bunch of ex-cons and gang bangers, so I've heard a lot of stories.

it's true, another reason gangs are fucking stupid, is that once you get into them, you can never get out of them unless you let them put you through a living hell it's all fucking fake brotherhood bullshit that was though up by a bunch of anarchist rebel teenagers, they're all just immature kids

Now, I wouldn't say that shit man. Gangs nowadays may be like that, but back in the 20s and 30s, hell, even the 70s, joining a gang might not've been a bad idea, depending on the circumstances.

Imagine you're an Italian or an Irishman living in the 20s in New York for example. You stuck to your own neighborhood because you weren't wanted elsewhere. In fact, Irish people in particular were treated worse than blacks in those days.

So, you're stuck in your shabby neighborhood, with poor plumbing, overcrowded housing, in projects, living in a country that's supposed to be the land of opportunity, and you're treated worse than blacks, and not only that, but you're incapable of getting a job outside your community.

So, you and your friends get together, and form a little street gang, and start robbing places, and giving back to the community. Eventually, you grow older, and more complex with time, and you're bribing off politicians, and police officers in return for leaving you alone, and letting you do your business.

Hell, even JFK's father was involved with the mob. Anyone immigrant who wanted to make a name for himself, almost always had to. If you're an uneducated black, mexican, italian, or Irishman in those days, you don't have many options.

I see no problem in trying to survive and doing what you gotta do. I see a problem with scalping motherfuckers, or turning them into a piano necktie. I see a problem with capping people for no particular reason. I see no problem with taking advantage of an opportunity or doing what you need to. There is a difference, though it is a fine line.

but a worldwide syndicate like the mob, hell no, nobody would even think of fucking with those dudes, they are the real badasses, they would kill a whole fucking city if they had to.

No. They wouldn't. In fact, you probably see them all the time, and don't even know it. Hell, if you've ever gotten a bond, a loan, etc. you've probably dealt with a guy that knows someone who's involved with the mob, and they are in on it. All that shit you see and hear about in the movies is old shit, it's classic romanticized bonnie and clide bullshit, and things don't happen that way anymore.

You know what you hear about the mob today? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not a god damned thing. And why is that? Because those guys are smooth. They don't go around waving guns around anymore, blazing up places, because frankly, they don't need to. They have moved on to bigger things, with less risk, and more rewards. White collar crime. Granted, I'm sure they're still involved in the usual shit, like drug trafficking to some extent, but the bulk of the work is surprisingly simple, and happens all the time.

We are talking identity theft, and if you own a credit card, chances are, you're a victim. Hell, when was the last time you looked at your account balance, thought,"I don't remember spending 20 dollars 3 months ago...aw well, probably nothing." Doesn't seem like much until you're doing it to 350 million different people a day.

Imagine taking 10 dollars here, 20 there, from 350 million citizens in the USA. That's a lot of money, that's wired into tons of separate bank accounts over the internet, in a way that's VERY difficult to trace. Pretty damn lucrative if I do say so myself.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 03:42:39

At 1/16/12 01:20 AM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote:
FUCK IT you're both dumb

We weren't even talking about Saints Row, man. In fact, didn't I already mention that I had never played that game? Who's the dumb motherfucker now?

The topic has changed, and if you can't keep up, that's your problem. No need to get all lippy and uptight just because you can't keep track of shit.

I'd point it out to you, but I'm either too lazy, or I just don't care anymore. Either way, figure it out, or quit your bitching, cause I'm sorry man, but you're starting to sound like an arrogant old lady who hasn't been fucked in years.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 03:47:08

EDIT: In my second to last post, I didn't mean to put piano necktie. I meant a Latino Necktie, or Mexican Necktie, which the mexican mafia does to it's enemies. It's where you slit the throat of your enemy, and pull their tongue out through the wound. Pretty gruesome.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 04:43:31

At 1/16/12 03:42 AM, WallofYawn wrote: We weren't even talking about Saints Row, man. In fact, didn't I already mention that I had never played that game? Who's the dumb motherfucker now?

The topic has changed, and if you can't keep up, that's your problem. No need to get all lippy and uptight just because you can't keep track of shit.

this other guy has been confused the entire time read his posts and you'll understand what i mean

then you'll know who the dumb motherfucker is goof

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 04:49:44

like you should know not to argue with this kid man that's all he is

you know he's talking bullshit but you just cant say forget it and ignore him

gays do not join gangs, they don't form gangs, and they dont run gangs

i think we can all agree gangs are fucking stupid

both of you take it elsewhere if you need to continue talking about some bullshit that didnt happen

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 12:39:00

Wow, way to get all bent out of shape over a disagreement on video games, fellas.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 12:40:26

At 1/16/12 04:49 AM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: like you should know not to argue with this kid man that's all he is

you know he's talking bullshit but you just cant say forget it and ignore him

I wasn't saying he wasn't a little uneducated about the subject, I was just humoring and attempting to educate I suppose.

gays do not join gangs, they don't form gangs, and they dont run gangs

Actually, many do, they're just in denial about their sexuality, or they have to hide it because, well, homos are not tolerated.

i think we can all agree gangs are fucking stupid

I agree that street gangs are stupid, although I can see why some people might join a gang. I can also understand why many would turn to a life of crime, if they thought they could get away with it. Doesn't mean I'd do the same thing.

both of you take it elsewhere if you need to continue talking about some bullshit that didnt happen

Eh, I had my doubts, as I mentioned, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen(nor does it mean it did, gotta take everything with a grain of salt, y'know), just that that kind of shit doesn't usually go unnoticed in a gang, nor unpunished, for reasons I mentioned before. In fact, if that did indeed happen, and his superior's found out, that rapist would immediately be gutted like a pig.

Oh, and as for snapping at you: I get snippy because you got snippy. So, it's nothing personal, but going around calling people dumb motherfuckers isn't the most mature way of handling shit, you know? I mean, you come off as being up on some kind of high horse or something, so I reacted accordingly.

I never said this discussion was relevant, nor really all that great a topic to begin with, I just happen to know a bit on the subject, and thought I'd educate some people. It's my little habit, you could say.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 13:50:44

wall of yawn's name really reflects his posting habits

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 14:54:06

At 1/16/12 01:50 PM, Dromedary wrote: wall of yawn's name really reflects his posting habits

oh man

The Stoner's Club

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 16:34:59

weres the weed? I Thot this was stoner club

he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 17:12:36

At 1/16/12 04:34 PM, bongboy69 wrote: weres the weed? I Thot this was stoner club

The weed's right here.

The Stoner's Club

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 17:32:08

At 1/16/12 04:34 PM, bongboy69 wrote: weres the weed? I Thot this was stoner club

well i have about 25 grams in my night table, about 2 grams on my smoking table and about a 0.2 in my bowl.
Thank you for asking

Steal, borrow, refer, save your shady inference II Kangaroo done hung the juror with the innocent

The Stoner's Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 19:07:34

At 1/15/12 02:36 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: The driving in number 1 and 2 was better than GTA 4

Now that's just not true. The driving in the Hot Wheels game I played on my mom's Windows '95 was even superior to Saints Row 1 and 2.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 19:13:04

the driving in saints row 1 and 2 was unbearable

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 21:50:57

At 1/16/12 01:50 PM, Dromedary wrote: wall of yawn's name really reflects his posting habits

Oh god

The Stoner's Club

Zombie Crew.

Steam ID: Condor .'.'.'. PSN ID: JoeNG1

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 22:17:43

Hey, I didn't point a gun to your head and make you read it, lol.

But I'm glad the topic has returned once again to what it's all about:

the ganja. :)

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 22:46:36

Well, I don't know about you folks, but I'm pretty high in the name of MLK's dream.
I figure, if his dream can be accomplished, so can mine!

Which is...to be high. Which is...accomplished. I WIN!

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-16 23:26:21

At 1/16/12 07:07 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Now that's just not true. The driving in the Hot Wheels game I played on my mom's Windows '95 was even superior to Saints Row 1 and 2.

I don't know what you're talking about. The handling was great in those games, and the handling in GTA 4 was like all the roads were made of ice. In Saints Row the Third, I zip across the map, weaving between cars in the oncoming lane, escaping cops and gang members with ease. I love it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-17 01:01:47

i want too know the name of this weed now

The Stoner's Club

he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

BBS Signature

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-17 01:29:51

Hard to tell, since it's so uber-magnified and shit. Some Afghani(and not the shit they try and pass of as such) is black, tho. And that bud looks pretty dark in that picture, so yea.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-17 01:31:12

Edit: nevrmnd. Guess it isn't black on second glance. It has a ton of crystals, tho, so...maybe white widow? In any case, as I said, it's very hard to tell, all super magnified like that and shit.

Response to The Stoner's Club 2012-01-17 04:41:41

it looks pretty black to me

i wouldn't be suprised if the picture turned out to be modified

BBS Signature