00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ko8kohijokij just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam!

215,003 Views | 773 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-15 12:17:10

At 3/15/21 12:13 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/14/21 11:24 AM, FUCK-THIS-PLANET wrote: DO I STILL HAVE TIME TO MAKE IT
Seems like you maybe had 36 minutes at the time of that post, if I'm not going by the wrong timezone, hope ya made it...

Even if you didn't though it'd be worth submitting anyway; show the world what you got!

At 3/13/21 11:34 PM, SleepingStar wrote: How long do I have to wait for my animation not to be under judgement? I'll just post it here anyway for people to watch
The judgement system's a little backed up with this in-recent-times-at-least unprecedented amount of jam entries, usually takes a day or two at most, hopefully soon!

At 3/14/21 12:01 PM, StarChannelxNG wrote: I am wondering what happened to my entry? I don't see it in the playlist at all. I did follow all the rules so what did I do wrong?
As they're added manually it might take a bit, but you should be included as long as you used the right tag/submitted on time.

At 3/15/21 01:16 AM, Mimny wrote: Wait- can you see my entry on the category...?
I don't see it... and I submitted it on time :/
As above it might take a while for it to appear when they're added manually. As long as you tagged it right it should be there soon if not yet!

At 3/14/21 02:12 PM, LightningLion wrote: I don't want to submit something sloppy/rushed anyway, so I see this 3 weeks as the jumping off point to keep working on mine on my own and finish it proper.
Could try to get it ready for Pico Day too if you want, it's an NG themed event too. :) Might be just enough time then.

At 3/13/21 08:56 PM, TooFast101 wrote: It wouldn’t let me edit, otherwise I would.
Aha, maybe passed the time limit I guess? Just so you know it's an option, no worries. :)

No I didn't get to finish it

BBS Signature

At 3/15/21 12:17 PM, FUCK-THIS-PLANET wrote: No I didn't get to finish it

Bummer man. :/ Could maybe aim for Pico Day with it instead? It'd be the right kind of theme too, anything related to the Grounds. Plus a month and more possible production time.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-15 12:29:42

At 3/15/21 12:28 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/15/21 12:17 PM, FUCK-THIS-PLANET wrote: No I didn't get to finish it
Bummer man. :/ Could maybe aim for Pico Day with it instead? It'd be the right kind of theme too, anything related to the Grounds. Plus a month and more possible production time.

I started a pico day animation during the funkinjam

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-15 12:33:31

The under judgment section of the portal was lit yesterday! So many new submissions, seemed almost as active as last year's Clock Day!

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-15 12:45:43

At 3/15/21 12:29 PM, FUCK-THIS-PLANET wrote: I started a pico day animation during the funkinjam

Woo, you're doing that too! Planning ahead!

As far as I know there's no limit on the amount of entries you can do, so if you happen to get that one done ahead of time now...

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-15 13:50:54

At 3/15/21 11:53 AM, MugiMikey wrote: Thanks for pointing that out, Tom! Looks like the problem is I'm on my phone and it only shows up there when I view the desktop site. Guess it's just the mobile version that doesn't seem to have it on the list from what I can see, unless I seemed to have missed it.

The mobile version of the collection isn't re-caching on our servers as frequently as the desktop version, which is causing the confusion there. Looking into that.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-15 13:57:05

At 3/15/21 01:50 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/15/21 11:53 AM, MugiMikey wrote: Thanks for pointing that out, Tom! Looks like the problem is I'm on my phone and it only shows up there when I view the desktop site. Guess it's just the mobile version that doesn't seem to have it on the list from what I can see, unless I seemed to have missed it.
The mobile version of the collection isn't re-caching on our servers as frequently as the desktop version, which is causing the confusion there. Looking into that.

ah ok that makes sense now

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-15 13:58:41

At 3/15/21 10:23 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/14/21 11:19 PM, Mimny wrote: I saw on the FNFJam category on frontpage (https://www.newgrounds.com/collection/fridaynightfunkinjam)
And I got inside and seems like pages 6 and 7 are not loading, because they don't show the remaining animations (even if they were on time)
Is that a bug???
Are they still not working for you now?

I just woke up- *gasp!* They work now! HHHHH

Is time for me to sit down again and watch the ones I missed OwO

Thanks, Lord Fulp!

Do you like my art? Why don't you support me on KO-FI

I'm also taking commissions! Please check out my prices HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-15 13:59:54

At 3/15/21 12:33 PM, sumidiotdude wrote: The under judgment section of the portal was lit yesterday! So many new submissions, seemed almost as active as last year's Clock Day!

Totally agree with you. More and more submissions every hours or so. We really need to be that active all the time. Just like the old days.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-15 14:59:34

At 3/15/21 09:15 AM, Sanzarote wrote: Fucked up with timezone calculations, and submitted at 12:44am EDT.

It got in to the playlist you don't need to add any more sad reactions.

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-16 08:59:37

this jam is such a blessing. i'm really enjoying going over the new animations that pop up every day

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-16 11:34:37

Posting our entry in here. We worked hard on it, so it would be nice to see it break at least 1k views. Less for me, and more for the others

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-16 11:54:48

Since people are posting their entries, here's mine:

It's kinda short, but I'm just happy I managed to make something for this jam

Week Zero, Ps1 FNF And Friday Night Truckin Are Easily Top 3 Potential

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-16 15:40:25

I know I probably should've done this when I actually uploaded my entry on Sunday, but since I see a lot of people doing it here, I figure why not post it here? Eheh

Here's my entry!

Saturday Night Swingin' (Funkin' Jam) (newgrounds.com)

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-16 21:08:57

I saw a lot of people posting their shorts, so i gonna do the same lasjkdas

we work really hard on this, so i hope you guys like it!!! :'>

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-16 23:03:32

Guess Imma join the trend of sharing entries made for the jam! Worked pretty hard on this one, tho I wish I wasn't limited to sony vegas while making this. https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/782987

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-17 05:27:20

I really enjoyed all the submissions. I wonder if after all this, the FNF trend slowly starts to cool down and fades away?

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-17 06:36:03

At 3/15/21 01:59 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Totally agree with you. More and more submissions every hours or so. We really need to be that active all the time. Just like the old days.

Better get to submitting some stuff too; contributing to the stream hmm? ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-17 06:38:17

At 3/16/21 07:56 PM, Inky-Animates1001 wrote: Aw man, I missed it.

Was about to say maybe next year but hmm... wonder if we'll get one of these again some day. If interest persists...

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-17 06:38:59

At 3/16/21 11:03 PM, TrickWithATwist wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/782987

At 3/16/21 03:40 PM, Lolotov wrote: Saturday Night Swingin' (Funkin' Jam) (newgrounds.com)

Nice works. Just gotta mention, proptip: if you leave the submission URL on a seperate line you'll get a thumbnail and all generated for it, like so:

If you want that format of course. Seems like it might be a better attention-grasper...

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-17 12:33:44

oooohhhh... thanks, i'm only -just- using this account -w-

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-17 20:01:43

At 3/17/21 12:33 PM, Lolotov wrote: oooohhhh... thanks, i'm only -just- using this account -w-

Aaand if you leave in the quoted bit of a message the person you respond to will get a notification about it too. ;)

Lots to learn around here for sure! Welcome back!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-18 00:15:03

At 3/17/21 06:36 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/15/21 01:59 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Totally agree with you. More and more submissions every hours or so. We really need to be that active all the time. Just like the old days.
Better get to submitting some stuff too; contributing to the stream hmm? ;)

When you are ready to help me. We can team up a made something great.

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-18 00:19:08

At 3/17/21 08:01 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/17/21 12:33 PM, Lolotov wrote: oooohhhh... thanks, i'm only -just- using this account -w-
Aaand if you leave in the quoted bit of a message the person you respond to will get a notification about it too. ;)

Lots to learn around here for sure! Welcome back!

hi

Terrell Reavis

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-18 06:20:31

To be honest I kinda wanna participate in this, but I'm not a very good animator.

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-18 06:36:13

At 3/18/21 12:19 AM, reavis wrote: hi

hey!

BBS Signature

At 3/18/21 06:20 AM, ByThePowerOfDUSKULL wrote: To be honest I kinda wanna participate in this, but I'm not a very good animator.

Unfortunately this particular jam's done, but you could prepare something for Pico Day if you want to: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1465467

It's always a good time to learn new things, plenty of software out there you could try working with: https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/animation-resources

If you need help with anything the Animation or Collaboration forums might be a good place to go.

Oh, of course you could try other content forms too for that, animation's not the only format. Could draw or make some music too. Maybe simpler things to start with.

BBS Signature

At 3/18/21 12:15 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: When you are ready to help me. We can team up a made something great.

I'm always open for voice acting if you need some of that. ;)

Otherwise hmm... bit low on time these days. Would be cool to see what you'd decide to try if you ever do have time for something yourself though, been curious what kind of content that might turn up.

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-03-18 08:15:55

Oooooh, okay! Sorry, didn't notice.

I might do something for that instead if I have time :)